Having problems with Ascentive?

50 South 16th Street Suite № 3575
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Sending me an email stating they were going to bill my account. of 29.95

It was 2:03 am, 11/ 26/2015 I received an email that Ascentive had billed my acct. for a product I did not order. I am hoping this is an error. However I would like a refund. Thank you. Traci Leichleiter EMAIL ADRESS : [protected]@gmail.com

Computer Infection

This company downloads malware that infects computers by disguising themselves as "helpful" PC cleaner...

Company not responding back to clients

I have been a loyal customer of ascentive ilve 365 for the past 2 yrs. Although this past 4 months my issues have not been met ! I requested a level two tech to work on my computer, at one point they started a session and left! I waited because they said it would take 2 hrs. I had to end the session myself. I called 3 weeks ago, I still didn't get a level two, if I did there was no communication, my computer was worse than before . I called back, I was given an appt, for 3pm, in which I waited, by the phone for 2hrs. It has been three weeks and my problems are the same. I asked to speak to a manager, one person told me they were all in a meeting. The second time I called back about 1hr later I was advised that there were no managers in the office today!

Took out extra $100.00 from my account

ORERED A $29.00 SUBSCRIPTION AND THEY DEDUCTED $129.00. Ii WANT THIS RETURED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS OR i WILL BEGIN LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THIS COMPANY FOR FRAUD ETC. MY ATTORNEY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THIS MATTER. SINCERELY.
STEPHEN L. LISTEK ([protected]@yahoo.com)
255 ORESTIMBA CIRCLE
TRACY CA 95376
TEL; [protected]

charge for software not downloaded

I tried to uninstal Ascentive PC protection software through remove programs in control panel on my computer, but their pop-up never went away even though I never downloaded their software. Now they charged me $29.95 for the software I never used. II want a refund and for them to uninstal their program because i followed their directions and could not uninstal it through the control panel.

Ruiden my computer

I downloaded Ascentive into my computer thinking it would improve the performance. Not only it did nothing to improve the computer's performance, my computer stopped working the next day and I had to get it fixed by a software repairman. I didn't do anything else to my computer other than download this software from Ascentive so I am virtually positive it happened because of the software from Ascentive.

The repairman told me the software that I had downloaded was junk and damaging, and to never download programs like that again. Ascentive wouldn't refund my money and I had to fight with my credit card company for satisfaction.

Automatic renewal

I purchased this software in Jan 2009.

It didn't make a difference on my PC.

What it did do was install itself and continously ask me to buy more modules.

It was difficult to remove from my PC.

Later in the year, I got an email that I would be "billed" on my credit card again for a renewal.

I send emails, postal mail and used their chat window to tell them to NEVER bill my credit card, never to contact me again, etc., remove me from their system.
I when so far as to tell them if they billed my credit card, I would find them and file fraud charges with their district attorney.

Today, April 20, 2010, I got another email telling me they will bill my credit card for a renewal.
I have send an email and chatted with their online windows telling them the same thing.

I am on record with them and with you as saiding ASCENTIVE is NOT authorized to bill my credit card, ever, for anything.

I didn't order software but they charged me

My credit card company notified me of a suspicious charge by Ascentive Llc on my credit card.

I did not order this software! Yet, this company had my card number???

So I refused the charge and changed my card number.

I figured that they must have obtained my credit card number in some fraudulent way. It is a hassel for me ... but at least they didn't get my money for something I didn't order!

Thank goodness for American Express. They have an algorithim in their software that apparently notices lots of charges to their customers and that looked suspicious to them.

How to file Complaints against Ascentive

While routinely checking my bank account transactions online, I have discovered an authorized charge of...

Beware

I purchased the PC Scan and Sweep software. When I try to use it, The Company wants to charge me again. WHY???? Sounds like a major league SCAM to this writer. I have tried to contact Ascentive software about this problem and can not find any person to talk to nor to email. This customer is not at all happy with the experience with Ascentive Software. In addition I have been unable to remove the software from my computer. This is a total disaster. When a company offers a product that has promise and then the product will not function because of some unknown reason and the company further isolates itself, they need to be put out of business.

saintsrolltide Mar 10, 2010

Do not order finally fast/ascentive! i had same prob. can't get in touch w ascentive or find a phone number. i used it once and computer sped up, then tried some time later and they wanted credit card. TOTAL SCAM !

• Kb
    kbean63 Mar 15, 2010

Call 1.888.550.8299

FinallyFast is pure poison. As soon as I loaded it things got slower and slower. Then errors started appearing right and left and my computer started crashing (something it RARELY did before). Of course when I tried removing the software it wouldn't leave. I finally called ###-Scent-ive and demanded my money back as well as help in getting this trash off my machine. They sent me an e-mail saying there wouldn't be any FURTHER charges so now I have to call them back and demand that they drop ALL charges.

Since removing FinallyFast my computer is already much faster but the errors remain. I have to get someone in to fix my computer now and will definitely be sending ###-Scent-ive a bill. I know they'll ignore it but I'm sending it anyway.

I'm really pissed off at these people. I'm currently unemployed and my computer is ESSENTIAL for job searching, applications and for putting together my portfolio (graphic arts). Do these spunkmonkeys give a damn that they're messing with people's lives?

Fraud

I demand to know how and what and who gave you my name and or credit card information, email etc.. i have never done business with you and i will proceed in this matter to the fullest with anyone else who's information has wrongfully been stored used by businesses unknowingly to us credit card holders etc...the phone number is obscurred so here is the number one of the other credit card holders has. i called and got a recording of the so called glitch and an apology, which doesnt account for them, Ascentive, having info and credit card.

pocon Mar 29, 2010

I have immediately filed the report against Adam Schran (by the way, here is what looks like to be a video of this jocker on YouTube, so watch this D..k who is in charge of the company taking money out of your accounts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSBwyNnxG5w ) and Ascentive, LLC with the following authorities:

Phishing, rogue spyware

I received two email from Ascentive stating that:
1. I have a subscritpion with them
2. They have my credit card number.
3. They intend to charge me for their service.

I had never heard of, let alone used their products.

After a bit of research, I have found that-

Ascentive is a known rogue malware company.

They offer a 'free trial' of a system optimizer, which contains fine print that they are not responsible for what their product does to your computer AND by using the 'free trial', you are signing up for a subscription.
It is very difficult to cancel that subscription, since they do not answer the phone and they respond to email cancel requests with form letters.

Ascentive has an 'F' rating with the BBB.

They are linked to many malware scams, like 'Finally Fast'.

I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General of Pennsylvania against this company for attempted theft.

I urge anyone who has been scammed by this company to do the same.

• Si
    Siegfried Leopold Feb 27, 2010

In meinem Konto wurden 57, 88 € durch Sie abgebucht, leider habe ich keine Freischaltung bzw. Programm die Softwre Nr. lt. Konto auszug ist Nr. 888-550-8299.
    Bitte um Installationshilfe und Freischaltung.
    MfG
    Leopold

pocon Mar 29, 2010

While routinely checking my bank account transactions online, I have discovered an unauthorized charge of $59.99 from originating from Ascentive, LLC. I have never done, or planned to do business with the said company.

the following is the information about the company.

Ascentive, LLC
    PHILADELPHIA PA 19123

• As
    Ascentive Customer Support Mar 30, 2010

Hello

Please be assured Ascentive does not engage in fraudulent transactions and takes these accusations very seriously. We are investigating your claims and feel that your credit card may have been compromised, through no fault of Ascentives, and fraudulently used to purchase our software.

We urge you to contact our Customer Service Department at 215-320-6000 to help us investigate your situation further. We go to great lengths to help customers who have issues with our products and avoid having them contact their bank directly and issuing a chargeback. That is not only costly to us but also, if this is an actual fraudulent transaction then you may discover further unknown charges if your credit card has been compromised. Our Customer Service Department has several methods for tracking down fraud and we can help you to determine when and exactly how this transaction took place. Plus your assistance can help our Fraud Detection Services in stopping future criminal activity.

For over 11 years, Ascentive has provided customers with top notch support via phone, email and live chat. Our services include a 30 day money back guarantee to make sure every customer is satisfied. Chargebacks can be very costly to any business, and we urge customers who suspect fraud or are unhappy for any reason to contact us first.

We look forward to assisting you.

Ascentive Customer Support

• Sk
    skyhawk1 Jul 12, 2011

"Please be assured Ascentive does not engage in fraudulent transactions and takes these accusations very seriously. "

Apparently, the BBB thinks otherwise.

You have an 'F' rating.

Your 'customer service' didn't to jack-**** until I filed a complaint with the Penn. Attorney General's office.

Your 'products' are complete garbage and your business practices suck.

Stay away

Since it was advertised on national TV I thought it had to be legit. This software is now infecting my machine with viruses then telling me to buy more of their software to fix it. Stay away!

Solution

Solution to delete Ascentive from computer.

After downloading Ascentive, I noticed no difference in my internet speed. Like many others that downloaded the trial version of Ascentive, I was scratching my head trying to remove it from my computer. The control panel had no listing for Ascentive under Add or Remove programs. The program removal tool within CCleaner (a very good free registry cleaner) had no listing either.

The solution for removal is fairly simple. Right click on the start button and choose explore from the start menu. When it opens, you will see the program folder. Open the program folder and you should see the folder for Ascentive. Right click on the folder and press delete from the menu. This will remove most everything from the computer. To finish the removal, download and run CCleaner (a google search will get you to the download site and it is free). Run the registry cleaner (be sure to back it up per the directions...very easy), and when you make the corrections to the registry, all traces of Ascentive will be removed.

• Fu
    Furius Feb 21, 2010

They're still operating? and nothing's been done?! It's 2010. They screwd-up my whole system! And just can't get rid of it! I, seems to be, removed everything, but IT still pops-up! Who'll do such a thing? PARASITE!

• Ca
    Capt Fritz Feb 21, 2010

So many virus scanners, and virus scammers, so little internet. Some of them are like Norton, where you "could" operate your computer however Norton wants to run a FULL SCAN and will TAKE ALL YOUR RAM!... gotta love paranoia! You should not only run CCleaner and its registry cleaning parts, but find something like jkdefrag that can wipe the registry of bad data as well. Double coating of multiple algorithms can never steer you wrong.

Installed Trojan Horse and adware

Their progams which are advertised on TV are a rip off. You scan your computer under the "FREE" part, and...

says you can cancel but keep part of the money

After seeing their "Finally Fast" TV add, I decided to try it. It said I could have a free scan, but the...

Poor Corporate behavior and product

I purchased their product ActiveSpeed Premium pro after seeing it advertised on TV.

Since I paid Finally Fast on March 11 I have continued to demand a refund from the myriad places you get referred to on both these companies advertised websites ie Ascentive (USA) and Share-it (Germany) following the non performance of the product purchased.
I have written cursory explanations through to thorough briefings. I have written to their Press mailbox, their Billing and Enquiry web sites.
I have now received 10 meaningless replies from Ascentive and 9 from Share-it. Several times multiple replies are received – each taking a different tack but still meaningless and all from the “customer service” team.
Ascentive in the most individual reply e-mail states -
Thank you for contacting Ascentive! We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. But if you have purchased the software via the finallyfast.com.au's website and have billing issues, you need to contact them on the website below for help – Share-it is where they refer you.
I wrote exactly the same refund request to Share-it at the same time and they replied.
We will review your request together with the publisher – Ascentive – meanwhile will you complete our survey of customer satisfaction?
Variously the other e-mails say – we can’t find you as a customer, send more details, thank you for your feedback we value it, did you get an invoice from Ascentive otherwise ask Share-it. Share-it also appreciates the feedback but ignore everything else. They both refer you to web style reply forms.
The telephone number featured in your ads is only an advertising blurb – a referral to the website promoted on TV.
My last advice to them was that I had resorted to Regulatory authorities in Australia. They “thanked me for my feedback and asked me to fill out a survey form telling me how I felt about their service and product”!!
I think from my own experience and from reading the complaints on the Consumer Bureau web site that they have a series of automatic round Robyn mailing advices designed to wear out a consumers resolve to get somewhere because they NEVER deal with the subject – a sort of “pass the parcel” Customer care resolve!!
A refund may as yet appear. My bank may reject the debit. One can only hope.
The last reply I received came from Share-it in Ireland - again whoever they are.

Awful experience

I subscribed to the programs (have 4 different ones) that the company named 'Ascentive' offers. They are supposed to keep your computer running faster and free of clutter, viruses, and various other problems that are bad for your computer and that slow it down. I thought it was wonderful, but my computer just kept getting more and more problems; I do have Dial-up, live in a rural area and couldn't afford a satellite dish to get high-speed Internet, so when I saw this offer from Ascentive promising it would keep your computer free of clutter and would speed it up.

Well, my computer repair person says that Ascentive actually was constantly 'running' in the background, and instead of speeding it UP, it was dragging it DOWN, making it run even slower, and causing numerous frustrations. Eventually, (not KNOWING what the Ascentive products were doing), I took my computer to the repair person, and ended up having to get a new computer!!!

So, PLEASE stay away from the programs offered by this company. I also thought that it would be very smart to have TWO companies protecting my computer, but it turns out, that is NOT true, according to my 'expert, ' who says that is a BAD thing to do. AND along the 'way, ' McAfee caught that I was also using Ascentive, and warned me not to be using it. I just thought it was because of them being in competition with them. I should have taken heed of their warning, and gotten rid of Ascentive. My mistake! I hope this 'warning' will save some of 'you' who are reading this the costly mistake I made!!

• Sc
    Scarred DNA May 03, 2009

You didn't need a new computer. That was nothing a wipe and reinstall couldn't have fixed. You were had. Sorry.

To protect your computer, there is absolutely nothing that you can't get for free. You never need to pay for protection with the assortment of reputable, free programs available.

Stay away from Norton or McAfee - these are resource hogs that will slow your computer down.

Dump your expert and find a college kid/local nerd who will keep you up to date and protected for FREE.

• Sk
    skater_voi Jun 16, 2009

I agree with ScarredDNA. Those technicians are doing their job by making sure that they blame programs and tell you that the computer is irreperable so that they can sell a new computer.

Just like what ScarredDna said, dump your technician, someone who is not connected to teh sales department of your local computer stores.

cho Jun 16, 2009

you bought a new computer because of a "software" problem? you're kidding ... right? that wasn't a tech you spoke with ... he's probably a sales person

Fraud and cheating

The software I ordered didn't make any difference w/ my computer. I noticed the day after I ordered it...

Fraud and scam

I made the mistake of buying(visa card) the ascentive "speedscan" software and 2 days later asked to be reimbursed because i wasn't sure of its efficiency and this was accepted but now although asked to delete the program it is systematically refused :"sorry exe. must close" in the configuration panel.obviously I'm not the only one faced with this dilemna.help, please anyone! I have a 9400 Inspiron XP 2000 Dell PC an am using it on it only since August 2006 and haven't downloaded Vista because my PC would become too slow.awaiting your reaction.

• Rt
    rtoscano Nov 29, 2008

Ipurchased finally fast for my computer the other day I have not used it yet but Isee its a scam. IMTRYING TO GET OUT OF IT, I cant get in touch with them can you please help

ChipW Feb 23, 2010

I also did not see where it improve my computer, and it required the purchase of additional software to fix the biggest problems it found. I took my lumps and uninstalled it from my computer learning a lesson. This year, I received an email from the company indicating they charged my mastercard 29.99 for a subscription renewal! I never authorized it nor requested it. I did call and they said that they credited my account, but they are crooks.

• Vulcan8r Feb 18, 2011

They are filthy rotten [censor] theives. I made the mistake of buying a year ago thinking it would make my PC run faster and it made it run much slower and I mean very much. It was a long and troubling process to uninstall. I figured I had learned my lesson but these [censor]s 1 year later after I told them they were [censor]s debited my cheching account for $29.95 for a renewal and I did not even get an email notice saying they have done so. I don't have it in my computer and would not take it if it were free!!! It is a virus and somebody needs to hang these [censor] by the neck until they are dead!!! If you have ever purchased anything from them change your credit card number to make sure they cannot bill you again. They are slick, they are criminal and their program is a virus that will [censor] up your computer. Do not do it, do not go there, you will regret it. I wish I knew where they were so I could go there and punch them all in the face and kick them in the guts and that's just for starters!!!

• Je
    jetaime Apr 17, 2011

This is a fraudluent company. Everyone, whatever card you used to purchase this product, you must close the card because they will keep debiting your account and they will do it a year from now. The software works for one or two days, and then you have to purchase more and more products from them to keep your computer running properly. Call Mcafee and install it, and ask them to remove it from your computer. It will cost you around a hundred or more but the option is a computer you can't use.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices