TWX AOL ServiceDid not agree to these charges on my acc.!

E

I have been charged 25.90 times 5 for what?? I have no idea, I am letting my credit card know these are charges I did not authorize. I would like to know what they are for and how they got on my credit card.

Anne Mathews Feb 16, 2007

I received the same charge and I am reporting it also.

• Te
    Terry Nunn Feb 20, 2007

Have been charged 30.90 times 6 for what? I have no idea, I am letting the bbb and ftc know these are false withdrawal charges I did not authorize (on the dates 09/18/06, 10/06/06, 11/07/06, 12/06/06,
    01/08/07, and 02/06/07. I would like to know how to get my money refunded.

• Te
    Terry Nunn Feb 20, 2007

What or who is this company (location, name, address, etc.)?

• Za
    Zachary Jeans Mar 20, 2007

I have also been charged by TWX*AOL SERVICE for 25.90 twice in the last two months.

Please help!

Tangela Robinson Mar 30, 2007

I recently cancel my service with AOL my credit card was charged $9.95 on 03/12/07. I need to verify service is for unlimited access. Also, I can not get on the internet. I need to setup a new password. Please help! You can e-mail me new password @ [email protected] card number used ends in 4744.

Your assistance with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

• Ca
    Catherine Lively Apr 14, 2007

I cancelled my aol account and for the last 4 months there has been an amount of 30.00 taken from my checking account. I already have a new service provider. How can I get this stopped. Please help.

Thanks, Catherine Lively

Marilyn Nutzki Apr 23, 2007

I would like to know also why I am being charged 29.95 every month when I get my aol free. Could you tell me why? If you keep charging me,I will call my credit card co.and tell them to cancel your acct. Thank You Marilyn Nutzki

• Mi
    mike keller Sep 04, 2007

I don't even have AOL and I'm getting charged, whats up with that crap. SCAM!

Mad Mike Sep 06, 2007

This is a complete scam - I never even set up an AOL account and have been charged - I called the number for AOL, and after fighting with their automated system for 15 minutes, finally spoke to someone. Totally bogus account - the screen name they had meant nothing to me except it used my last name. He said he canceled it and was sending me a form for a refund. We'll see how difficult that is.

• De
    DeAnn Grandy Sep 11, 2007

Dear Everyone,

I have had the same trouble $30.90 for months. AOL is supposedly sending me a form as well. Mad Mike, please let me know how difficult the form is filling it out. This is nuts, with this many people, how can it keep happening????

Taddy Kalas Oct 13, 2007

I just discovered this charge on my account which I was completely baffled by. I am not even an AOL customer and never have been (Mediacom is my Internet provider). I found your website and found that others had had the same experience: same amount ($25.90), same name.

• He
    Henry Jacoby Nov 14, 2007

I have been charged 25.90 times 15 for what?? I have no idea, I am letting my credit card know these are charges I did not authorize. I would like to know what they are for and how they got on my credit card.

I am not even an AOL customer and never have been.

• Th
    Theodore Egvanosky Nov 30, 2007

I was given a free , temporary access to TWX *AOL Service as a result of having purchased a program form Gateway Direct in March, 2007.
    I have not used that service, and have no intentions of using TWX* AOL.

I have been charged, given credit upon notifying my credit card provider of my dispute of this charge, and have again been charged on my October and November credit card statements.

I will send a copy of this message to my credit card provider. I will instruct them that they should not accept these charges, and if this continues, I will notify tghe proper authorities of this fraudulent practice of charging me for a service that I have notified AOl that i do not use their setrvice, and do not want it.

• Sh
    sharon robertw Dec 29, 2007

Aol owes me $75.80 for unauthorized billing I have never applied for aol and I want these charges taken off. I am on a fixed income and when the deducted these charges from my bank account I had a negative balance. and I am upset that people like me have bills to pay and the allow scammers like aol to charge peoples accounts when ever they fell like it. Signed Mad AS HELL!!!

Tamara K Lewis Feb 04, 2008

I have no idea who this company is. I never authorized a withdrawal from my account. Now my bank wont credit my money back unless i get something sent to them from this company saying that they will not take the money. At this point it is still in pending transactions. What do I do? Advise smb plz!

• Br
    brown sugar Feb 04, 2008

These same people pdssup have been debiting my acct for three months they got my information when i applied for a loan on line at payday one loan, when i called the 1800 # they would not cancel the debit for 32.00 so i called the bank that they use and told them about this company committing fraud with my banking acct and three days later my money was back in my acct. and then the next month they started charging my acct 6.78 I have no idea who they are and know way of canceling this what ever it is, so i contacted the fraud department at my bank and they handled the situation.

• Pa
    Paula Hoy Feb 08, 2008

I just found the same charges to my bank statement that has been going on for 3-1/2 years!!! bank says they can't do anything I called AOL got an operator from India!!! say they can only refund 2 months even though they show no activity on the account for over 6 months... We will see if they actually refund and close the account ... WE need class action suite!!! I haven't even had a phone for 3 years!!!

• De
    Denise Noyes Mar 20, 2008

I have found a twx aol service charge for $25.90 on my credit card statement. AOL has been charging me for at least 3 months and I do not know why. I have searched online for a phone number so I can speak with a human. Can't find a way to contact AOL. They ask me to log onto my account, but what account is that. I am totally confused and feel I am being scammed.

• Er
    Ermelinda Cancino Sep 29, 2008

My account rate has increased to $35.61 and in which I did not upgraded my services. Why am I paying a high rate. Did someone change my account services recently? If so when? I would like to continue at the lowest rate I had before. Last month I paid $11.99 and it increased this month to $35.61. Please let me know the changes that occured on my account. Please adjust my account accordlying to my request with acknowledgement receipt.

Please contact me at work (310) 532-3092 ext. 25

Regards,

Ermelinda Cancino

• Ph
    Phil Boden Apr 09, 2009

I am having the same problem for several years. If you want to file a class action I am with you. [email protected] Let me know what I can do

• Ph
    Phil Boden Apr 09, 2009

I want to hear from you! Phil Boden

majo5081 Jul 24, 2009

I found the same charge posted to my account on 05/26/09 I went into my bank, and they found out that this transaction was a wire transfer some how twx*aol got ALL my banking info, so they (the bank) refunded my money in the amount of 32.90 then I had to close out that account and open a new one. I've never had aol nor did I use my check card to order their service, but they had my information. They (aol) tried to make another wire transfer, but I was at the bank at that time and they stopped it before they closed the old account. I'm sure WE are all being SCAMED!! by this company. I have no clue how they got my companies account number, but my bank was very helpful and I hope and pray that someone can stop this from happening to other people. I filed a complaint with the federal trade commission online and you should also just go to ftc.gov if they get enough complaints maybe something can be done about this. GOOD LUCK!

• Li
    libracardinal29 Feb 07, 2010

I recieved a bill in the mail from aol I never signed up with them and found out that my 14 year old sister signed up using my name and my information and a disk that she found. They took 100.00 from my child support card and I didn't authorize it, she didn't know she thought it was free now the state is ready to take action against aol wish me luck.

• Ba
    baileesue Mar 26, 2011

I just got the same charge! I've been billed for this for three years now! I know it's my fault for not checking but how does AOL get away with this!!! I just got off the phone from India too and they said they can't do anything either! I guess I have to go to the bank tomorrow and see what I can do! I still have to call the fraud department but I heard that is one big waste of time! I'd love to sue these sob's...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices