TWX*AOL ServiceWrong billing!

D

I have been an aol customer for a long time. Today i noticed on a credit card which i do not use for aol a charge of 25.90 which reads for twx*aol service. This was also done in sept. And now in nov. I called and was asked if i opened another acct. Apparently someone opened an acct. With that credit card which i used to pay with a year or so ago coincidence? The problem is that is not the credit card i use for aol and the amt. Is 14.95. I have ms and in a wheelchair so i have to shop online. I was told by a aol rep i have to wait for a form to fill out and also i have to fill out a form disputing the charges for the credit card. This is not right! Aol owes me so far 25.90 for 3 months on a credit card i don't use for aol. They made the mistake and i have to correct it. Stress isn't good for anybody but for someone with ms it is much worse. Is this a scam? Really upset with aol. This should be corrected by them not me.

• Ri
    Rickey Wakeland Feb 22, 2007

I received a $35.90 charge on my credit card for TWX*AOL service that shouldn't be there.

• St
    Stan W. Nation Feb 28, 2007

I have been trying yo cancel AOL for 9 months. I live solely on disability and recently had back surgery. I need that 25.90 a month and in Feb. They billed me twice. I live in Costa Rica and I have spent over a 100.00 on their 1-888 # to cancel. This should be illegal. If anyone can help please advise.

Marlen Eggleston Mar 01, 2007

This service just billed me for $30.90 and I have no idea who they represent.

Joe A. Romero Mar 21, 2007

I have been charged twice for 30.00 , on my bank statement, it reads twx aol service, with 10 number's and person's name, julie juarez, then 10-digit's after that, i need to call, i have roadrunner , time warner cable and then i can get aol for free and these two companies are one. I don't know what I'm being charged for.

Joe Costa Apr 17, 2007

I have never authorized AOL to directly take money out of my account. This is ridiculous on how you are able to do and the fact that you did. This is outrageous and I will not stand for it.

• Am
    Amarilys Zamora Apr 20, 2007

I have been charged twice every month for my services with aol and im tired of it

• Mi
    micah johnston Jul 07, 2007

AOL is unreal! I don't have any services related to AOL at all. I have Comcast High Speed Internet! My family has never had AOL. How did they get my banking information? Does anyone have a number to call about this? My bank is also stupid is somehow blaming me for this. They have never seen a charge from AOL on any bank statement before this one and they're blaming me. Aside from that they are upset that I am leaving their bank due to pathetic "security".

• Al
    Ali Aug 01, 2007

I have had the same TWX*AOL crap for close to a year, and I called my credit card and they are going to refund the whole amount. Just go through your credit card and they will handle it.

• Ca
    catherine lively Aug 06, 2007

This twx aol has been taking money from my checking account and making me overdrawn. I have never authorized this charge,I may have to call channel 2 to get this figured out.

• Ed
    Edward L. Arnold Jr. Aug 26, 2007

A friend of Mine that lives on Disability asked me to check into this TWX*AOL service charge that is being withdrawn from her Bank Checking Account monthly. It's a $30.90 Monthly charge and she didnt Ever sign Up for anything from AOL !! Whats the SCAM here and How does she go about recovering her LOSS??

• De
    deborah price Oct 14, 2007

I use to pay 9.95 for my aol. Without my knowledge 29.95 was on my credit card. Please refund me and put me back to the 9.95 price. I am not responsibly for the change.

• Br
    Brenda Martin Nov 07, 2007

I never signed up for TWX AOL services and you are debiting my account of $30.90. Cancel this and return all my monies back to my account PLUS THE OVER DRAW FEE OF $38.00. THANK YOU!

• Br
    Brenda Martin Nov 07, 2007

NEED A TELEPHONE NUMBER TO CALL TO CANCEL THIS SERVICE WHICH I DID NOT AUTHORIZED.

CHARLES A. GASKIN Nov 12, 2007

I AM HAVING A #TWX AOL SERVICE OF $25.90 CHARGED TO MY ACCOUNT. I WANT TO KNOW WHY, AND I EXPECT IT TO BE REMOVED AS FAR BACK TO THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER. WHAT REASON DO YOU HAVE FOR CHARGING MY ACCOUNT THIS AMOUNT. I CAN'T AFFORD ANOTHER ACCOUNT WITH YOU. DO NOT CHARGE MY BANK OF AMERICA AGAIN, BECAUSE I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR THIS ACCOUNT. PUT IT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT.

• Be
    Beanira Ortiz Nov 12, 2007

I HAVE BEEN CHARGED A TWX*AOL SERVICE OF $23.90 FOR MONTHS AND WITH NO CONSENT THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER AND THEY KEEP CHARGING MY ACCOUNT. I WANT NO MORE CHARGES!!!

• Lo
    Loraine Montferret Nov 23, 2007

After buying a thumb drive through Google Checkout at Buy.com, I got an offer for a "Free magazine". Dopey dopey dopey, I clicked on it and got captured by TWX Corporation:
    TWX Magazines
    Magazeoutlet
    USNEWSDIGIT
    NSS Magazine Outlet

I followed advice on this board and called their number and kept saying "NO!" to the recording. I finally DID get a human and managed to get a refund of the ridiculous $33 they charged me for a magazine subscription.
    1-800-773-3142
    888-321-6247
    800-927-9578
    I wrote to the companies involved-
    Buy.com
    Google Checkout
    Horticulture Magazine

and told them I wouldn't deal with them until they severed their ties with these criminals. You can imagine the responses I got from them.....nothing.

DON'T fall for any of these either:

AOL AutoVantage
    Travel ER
    Travelers Advantage

• Sh
    Shelly Allen Jan 08, 2008

I have had $30.90 withdrawn from my checking account from TWX*AOL SERVICE for the past 6 months and haven't even been using their services. They increased their charge to $32.98 this past December and January, and I can't find a phone number to speak directly to somebody to stop these transactions from occurring.

James Metcalf Jan 18, 2008

Well i had aol back in december of 2007 and i had it canceled because they had us set up on the high speed internet, we didn't even have a dsl to have high speed so they switched the aol to dial up and refunded me the 109.95 but then i canceled after they refunded me, on 01-01-08 they still billed my credit card 109.99 for service that i didn't even have. so i want to take legal actions. they will not refund me, saying that its all valid transactions. i talked to my credit card company and they are taking the legal actions.

• Pa
    paul doucette Jan 26, 2008

I have the same problem with TWX AOL. How do they get into my credit card account? I have comcast Internet, the only contact with AOL came with my Dell but it doesn't explain the access to my account for something I did not purchase.

• Ed
    Edmund Landsinger Feb 23, 2008

For November, December, January, February - TWX AOL charged me an average of $ 38.- a month. What is this for???

James Chamberlain Mar 05, 2008

In Jan and Feb TWXAOL has made unauthorized charges of $25.90. to my credit card. There is no usable reference I can use to contact aol so I shall have to deduct these from my credit card company so they can chase it down and give me credit.

It is unfair to involve an innocent party but I have no alternative and there is no guarantee that it will not happen again.

• Pb
    pb Apr 04, 2008

I realized that netmarket through an involvement i had long time ago with aol charged me $600 at 100 per year without my knowledge

• Vi
    Virginia Martin Jun 13, 2008

I, too have been repeatedly charged by this phantom company TMX.AOL. Didn't think too much about it until I saw 2 charges in the same month for 25.90-this month there were 3! Has anyone been able to get in touch with them or get this stopped?

• Rp
    R P STARCHER Jul 11, 2008

Concurrently with this $25.90 on my credit card, I am being bill on my telephone provider by something on behalf of SOLO COMMUNICATIONS V MAIL MONTHLY FEE.

THIS Solo Communications fee started the same month that the TWX*AOL started appearing on my credit card statement.

So what it amounts is $12.95 for non requested phone services and $25.90 for TWX*AOL for a total of $38.95 per monthy added to my monthly bills for something I did not order nor used.

Has anyone else notice that they phone bill and TWX*AOL and Solo Communications together in their seperately monthly bills?

As a phone company bill is seperate from a credit card or debit card item, it seem to be a hidden type, scam so that if someone discovered one bill on the credit/debit card and not the phone bill, the company could keep money from one side or the other coming into their coffers.

It is a shame to deceieve customers this way. Has anyone else notice this scam?

sara Jul 27, 2008

I have never been a member of AOL and I'm getting charged 29.00 out of my checking account it better stop and I want my money back.

• Me
    Merv Aug 06, 2008

My wife who takes care of our bills, asked about a charge of $9.99 on our account by TWX AOL. I've searched the browser and found this page that has many similar complaints. My question: Why hasn't AOL chosen to post an explanation along with a remedy.

• De
    Denise Aug 28, 2008

I HAVE BEEN BILLED TWO MONTHES IN A ROW FOR THIS I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO STOP IT? PLEASE HELP!
    THANK-YOU

Jodi DeVoe Sep 06, 2008

I just got a charge from TWX AOL for $51.80 -- What on earth is this for?? I have Roadrunner thru Time Warner... and only just signed up for a "free" Aol Screenname... I have no clue how on earth they got my Debit Card info... I will be calling them first thing Monday morning.. I'm a single mom who was wrongfully terminated and fighting my previous employer... which means I am only living on my Child Support... This is devastating! This must be credited immediatly... I have to have it.

• Bl
    blanche walker Sep 09, 2008

WHY ARE YOU CHARGEING ME 23.95 I HAVE BEEN PAYING 9.95 I REC. NO NOTICE OF THE NEW PRICE. I WOULD LIKE A REPLY . IF THIS IS THE NEW RATE I WILL BE CANCELING MY AOL. THANK YOU

• Ta
    takaya higuchi Nov 29, 2008

hi, my name is takaya higuchi, living in japan.
    i'm emailing you from japan.
    i've been contracting with AOL internet-service(service1008) for almost 8years since i was in seattle by study-abroad.
    i came back to japan without dissolving with AOL internet service which has been paid by my credit card.
    today, i dissolved the credit card.
    at this time, i want to dissolve the AOL internet-service today.

but i completely forgot my tel-number which i lived when i was in seattle.
    here is address in seattle where i lived... 10420 57th ave s seattle wa 98178

could you please arrange this favor?
    please e-mail me how this goes.

sorry for my poor english.

Josephine Florio?burick Dec 02, 2008

I pay for AOL service $9.99 monthly which they take from my Bank Debt Card...they were paid on the 20th of November, 2008...I got a email from AOL ????????? saying they need checking account info...which I submitted on the computor...1 week later a compay called AL WISHKANCO LTD (SAMA) took $233.38 from my checking account...The fraud Dept of my bank called me and told me of this activity on my account and they cancelled my card...What kind of business people do AOL deal with...try to get a telephone number to call them and all we can do is talk to them on the computorI AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH AOL>>>>>>>>but it dosen't do me or thousand of people who get robbed by AOL>>>>>DAILY Its been a nightmare for me...I am a senior 70 years old and I live on my Social Sercurity check...Why dosen't AOL protect the customers???????

• Ss
    ssred112 Feb 01, 2009

Please everyone contact your credit card companies or your banks to deal with this!! Bc this isnt right and they have the necessary actions to settle this, and my advice is to do what I did, I know it sucks, but request a new card number bc this is simply ridiculous!! I have never had aol in my life!!! we have time warner and the bill comes to my fiancee so how AOL thought they would get away with charging me was ridiculous!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices