The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Travelweb/priceline — refusal to acknowlege cancellation confirmation number
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
To whom it may concern:
On December 23, 2009 I was scheduled to stay at the Ramada Inn in Clive, IA, having booked the room through Travelweb.com. The travel confirmation number is [protected]. We called the hotel to cancel as we had decided to travel on due to weather. The hotel told us we would have to contact the third party agent (Travelweb, a division of Priceline) which we did. We were given the cancellation number [protected] and told that a $2.35 fee would be assessed for the cancellation, to which I agreed.
Our card was later charged $49.68 from DPS Ramada, Clive even though we have a cancellation number. The hotel (whom I'm inclined to believe) states that they did not receive any cancellation and, therefore, charged Travelweb for the stay even though we did not arrive. Further, they state that their cancellation numbers are four digits and do not start with a 6. Additionally, they state that any charge originating through them would list "Victory Lodging, Inc." rather than Ramada Inn.
Travelweb states that the reservation is post stay, meaning I don't pay until I check out, rather than prepay, which means they charge me in advance.
Travelweb/Priceline also states that the hotel charged me and I have to take it up with them. The hotel states that Travelweb/Priceline charged me and that I need to take it up with them.
I'll never use Trvelweb or Priceline again.
More Travelweb/priceline Complaints & Reviews
- Priceline.com - fraud and scam
- Priceline.com - do not take cdw for car rental
- Priceline.com - unauthorized charges
- Priceline.com - legal proceedings against priceline (consumer based and other)
- Priceline.com - liars and cheaters
- Priceline.com - airline tickets
- Priceline.com - hotel price drop and not credited
- Priceline.com - Hotel reservation at the marriott in fort worth
- Priceline.com - hotel reservation
- Priceline.com - worst customer service ever