Having problems with Travelocity?

Travelocity reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 19, 2006. The latest review Lies - I can't use my promised travel credit was posted on Oct 22, 2021. The latest complaint refund problem was resolved on Oct 09, 2014. Travelocity has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 199 reviews. Travelocity has resolved 45 complaints.

Travelocity Customer Service Contacts

1855 863 9601 (United States)
1855 231 0928 (Canada)
+1 417 520 5312 (International)
5400 LBJ Freeway, Suite 500
Dallas, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Travelocity Customer Service. Initial Travelocity complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Travelocity above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Travelocity. Discuss the issues you have had with Travelocity and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Travelocity Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

TravelocityHave a credit to re-book my hotel reservation. It has been 2.5 MONTHS and I am still getting the run around and no reservation.

I had a tripped booked with them to go to New York from September 28, 2020 to October 8, 2020. We were to stay at Yotel New York. As a result of Covid, we had to cancel our trip. Travelocity reached out to Yotel New York, and they agreed that we could have a full credit for the booking as long as it was used within a year. Yotel provided a reference number to Travelocity and advised them to contact them when we were ready to book a new reservation. I made my first call to them at the beginning of May 2021 to make a new reservation. They told me that they had tried to call Yotel New York, but were not getting through. They said they would email me within 24 to 48 hours to advise of the status. They never did. I called back again and they said they had reached someone at Yotel, but that person told them that the system that would have my credit on it was an older system that they did not have access to, and that Travelocity would have to email their request with all of the details. They said they would email Yotel again and that they would get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. This same call happened at least 4 times before I decided to call the hotel directly. The hotel was extremely difficult to get a hold of anyone. When I finally did, they told me the same thing, that they did not have access to the old system where the credit would be. They said they would get a manager to try to access it and then they would call me back. They never did. I had to make several more long distance calls before I finally found someone who could confirm that I have a credit, BUT she said that she didn't have the authority to make the booking, it would have to be a manager. Then I went 2 weeks trying to get through to the manager, who then told me that the money was actually still with Travelocity since Yotel had decided to close completely during Covid. He said that Travelocity would have to contact him to make the reservation.
Thus began another round of calls to Travelocity who told me no less than 8 times on 8 different occasions the same BS..."We have assigned this issue to our offline team, and someone will respond to you by email within 24 to 48 hours." NOT ONE TIME has anyone from Travelocity reached out to me in 2.5 MONTHS. On July 6, 2021 I called and requested a supervisor. Of course they weren't available, and a request had to be submitted for a call back. They told me a supervisor would call me in 1 to 3 hours. That never happened. I called again on July 12 to speak to a supervisor and was told the same thing. I never received a call back. Both Travelocity and Yotel New York acknowledge that I have a credit, there is NO REASON it should take this long to simply make a reservation using that credit. I have wasted countless hours on hold, made 15 - 20 phone calls, incurred almost $60 in long distance charges, and I STILL do not have my reservation made.
I have called yet again today (have to wait for a call back) to request their Corporate office contact information.
This is BY FAR, the WORST customer service I have ever received.
I do not recommend using Travelocity. They are not interested in meeting their customers needs.

Respond

TravelocityI paid for a car rental, Thrify was never paid, I was not refunded

On a trip to DFW from COS, I booked flight and car rental through Travelocity, car rental being from Thrifty. I was offer at the time of booking, a slight discount to pay up front instead of at the counter...I paid up front, printed receipt of 534 bucks. When I arrived at the Thrifty/Dollar Counter, I was told Travelocity had never paid Thrify, was denied a car and when I objected and tried to show the Thrifty agent, I was told to either move away or deal with the police. When I called Travelocity, after a 40 minute hold, I was told there was nothing they could do, I had to deal with Thrifty, when I got back in touch with Thrifty the said they never received the funds, thus I had to deal with Travelocity. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH EITHER TRAVELOCITY NOR THRIFTY AGAIN. Absolutely horrible customer service and rude curt agents who just want to get you gone and out of the way, they could care less if they took your money wrongly. Try National and Priceline, much better folks.

TravelocityBooking a Hotel 235 miles from my destination

Here is my argument in a nutshell.

Yavapai Lodge should be paid in full for the booking as they bear no fault in this escapade.
      Travelocity should refund me directly for 2 rooms out of their own corporate pocket for their own error, as your website gives false and misleading distances for the hotels in question.
      I booked a room at the Yavapai Lodge because it was supposed to be 10.6 miles from the North rim of the Grand Canyon. Please see enclosed screenshot of your active Travelocity site.
      I live in North Carolina and am not familiar with the Canyon, so when I arrived for my stay at the North Rim, I found out that the Yavapai Lodge (and others listed in complete error on your site) were 235 miles and a 4.5 to 5 hour drive away. As it was the same day, the 24 hour cancellation policy had expired.
      Even though I have travel insurance supplied by Travelocity for the rooms, the language does not allow for booking errors caused by the agent.

I am confident you will do the right thing here and refund the costs of the 2 rooms that I was unable to use due to errors on your site, In addition, I would encourage you to modify the listing shown on the enclosed screenshot as I am sure other have suffered the same challenges that could have ruined a vacation

[protected], and [protected], June 24-25, $218.32 each

I await your response
      Alan Roman

Booking a Hotel 235 miles from my destination

Respond

TravelocityDid not receive a confirmation or itinerary number or an email

I booked a hotel room through Travelocity- when I call to get an itinerary or confirmation # - it states there is no booking but it is being taken out of my account. I tried on the phone, the app, the sight. All state no booking under me but it is obviously being taken out of my account. I just want the number. Also - I went to attach a picture of it coming out of my account and everything I typed was erased - just another annoyance after trying to reach someone for over 7 hours. The virtual assistant is not helpful if you don't have a number. I just want the confirmation or itinerary number so I can use the hotel room that I am obviously paying for - and let me add to this. I cannot upload the picture of the $ coming out of my account. Wow!!! This is very irritating

Did not receive a confirmation or itinerary number or an email
        Did not receive a confirmation or itinerary number or an email

TravelocityAirline credits

In 2020 I booked a family trip for 9 to Cozumel to be used March 2021. Because of covid we cancelled that trip, I booked a trip to Key West in June. Was told we had credits for flights of 129.00 per person. My daughter was told that the credits were used on Key West trip. They were not. I want something in writing from Travelocity showing the credits. Also it is impossible to get through on the phone, and online chat is a joke. I am very upset, I spent alot of money for this gift to my children. It was a Christmas gift. I have used Travelocity in the past several times, never had these issues before. If we cannot resove this issue, I will never use Travelocity again.

Jun 14, 2021

Travelocity — Denied upgrade after being in room for only 30 minutes. Feels like racism.

Hotel Name: Baymont hotel by Wyndham Address: 250 Outlet Center Dr Georgetown, KY 40324 As a professional...

Jun 02, 2021

Travelocity — Refund for flight cancellation not processed and updated

I received an email notification of flight scheduled change. How can you change my flight without...

Travelocityrented us a car that didn't exist

We rented a car on 5/6/21, itinerary number [protected] for a quoted price of $165.75. When we arrived at the rental counter, the agent told us that Travelocity had rented us a car that didn't exist. Our only options at that point were to either rent a different car for more than twice the price, or take Lyft from Denver to Colorado Springs and back. Both options were significantly more expensive than the offer we accepted from Travelocity. The total for all Lyft rides was $250.62, a difference of $84.87. In addition, we opted not to make certain excursions while on the trip to avoid additional costs, and so missed out.

We had the option of booking through a different agency for a similar price but chose to book with Travelocity instead. When we discovered the error, we called the other agency only to be told the previous offer was no longer valid.

For the extra money we spent, plus the damage caused to our trip itinerary by not having access to a rental car, and the exposure to COVID-19 caused by having to share a car with a Lyft driver for an extended time, we're seeking compensation from Travelocity in the amount of $300.

TravelocityCustomer service/refund

itinerary # [protected]
              flight on Condor originally scheduled I 2020. cancelled
              Attempted to rebook for 2021. unable to go because of Covid.
              Requested refund. Have spoken with 8 customer service people over 4 months. No resolution or follow-up.
              Simply request a refund and will rebook at later date when travel his allowed.
              Have used Travelocity in the past on numerous occaisions with no issues.
              This has been the worst service I have ever received.

TravelocityCredit usage

Travelocity Lies! I have $2000 worth of flight credits for tickets booked through Travelocity using carrier American Airlines. I've called American Airline 3 different times to ask for the AA Airfare credit policy. The process goes as follows. Original ticket owner must rebook replacement ticket. Remaining balance is issued in the form of Travel Voucher. The Travel Voucher can be used on ANY traveler not on the original itinerary. Travelocity CLAIMS they "follow the policies of its travel partners and airline providers." BUT THEY DO NOT. The will NOT issue the remaining balance in the form of a travel voucher and they will NOT allow the remaining balance to be booked in any other traveler name. Travelocity claims that is AA policy. Its not. Call them! I challenge you Travelocity to call AA, conference me on the line so the truth can be heard. But of course, you won't do that. Instead you make me wait online for 7.5 hours for a rep to tell me you follow AA policies, when you don't! You cant get ahold of any human by email, FB messenger, Instagram messenger, or website chat tool. The worst customer service I have ever experienced and the fact that they openly lie online (it is stamped all over there website) should make every consumer run.

Apr 16, 2021

Travelocity — Car rental under confirmation number 6090767987nu

I am so mad and since you do not stand behind your customer per NU car rental I will NEVER be using your...

Apr 15, 2021

Travelocity — Mistake in rebooking after flight cancelation

My itinerary is7465843140649. My latest case number is S-[protected]. My husband and I have over $1470 in...

TravelocityTravelocity travel confirmation - Apr 10 - (Itinerary # [protected])

We booked the hotel from travelocity and received the confirmation email.
                  We booked in advance as it was Saturday and not so many hotels would be available.

We fully trusted travelocity and believed our room would be secured, however when we went to the hotel we booked from travelocity at 10pm after sightseeing and tired looking for some rest, the hotel receptionist just told us there were no room available and he said he had already told Travelocity . We didn't even get informed by Travelocity even after the trip. Instead Travelocity just emailed and asked the feedback of the hotel.

Since it was Saturday 10pm, we had hard time looking for a hotel to stay . We finally found the hotel available but it was terrible, we had to pay $100 more than we planned, waisted a couple hours looking for a new hotel and driving while we were very tired and it was almost midnight when we got to the new hotel.

This experience was totally not acceptable and I think travelocity should have informed us if there was no room available.

TravelocityCanceling car rental

I am so frustrated. I reserved a car on Monday, April 12 for a trip at the end of the month. As soon as I hit the confirm button, I received an email from family telling me that the trip had to be canceled. I immediately called a Travelocity. I waited on hold for one hour. Then I called back and chose the option to none called back. I never received a call back. I tried the virtual assist and and was told I could not get a refund. I called again on Tuesday and repeated the same routine. It is now Ednesday and o am no closer to getting assistance. I am having a hard time trying to figure out why I would ever use or recommend Travelocity again.

TravelocityFlight booking

I booked a flight with American Airlines thru Travelocity.com a week ago on March 27, 2021. My credit card was charged and Travelocity.com reflected the trip. AA.COM states I do not have any current reservations. A check of Travelocity.com sometimes confirms this trip and sometimes has no record of it. I was kept on hold for 4 hours and 40 minutes before I gave up trying to contact them. At this time I have no idea of the status of this trip scheduled for Apr 24-27.

Respond

TravelocityGetting ahold of customer service about an itinerary.

The wife and I planned a trip to Hilton Head Island thru travelocity. The wife did not travel due to Covid symptoms. My connecting flight into Hilton Head was late due to inclement weather and the rental car service was closed. (Avis) Summary...I paid $888 for the trip. The wife did not travel and I did not get a rental car. I am not too concerned about the air travel but i would like to be reimbursed or a voucher for the car that I did not use.

TravelocityFlight using credits

I am trying to schedule a trip from Seattle to Las Vegas using credits of tickets I had already purchased. After spending two and a half hours on chat yesterday I was hung up on and then spent three hours scheduling the trip today. I received a phone call from customer service and after talking to rep for an hour was informed they could not find the reservation and had to have someone call me back! I am now on hour 9 of trying to use two of my credits- I have 2000 dollars more that I still need to use- if this is what I have to do with my money I have already spent- I want a refund in cash- the customer service rep has given me no phone number or email to contact someone (other than the computerized phone number). I need a phone call ASAP about this!

TravelocityA refund issue

I planned a trip for 4/2020. On 12/2019 I had booked with travelocity. I canceled trip due to covid19. Travelocity said they would refund me my $2, 297.20 which as of 3/2021 I still not have. I checked with my credit card co. They said no credits so contact travelocity but unsuccessful. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com.
                            I would appreciate any help. Thank you

A refund issue

Mar 06, 2021

Travelocity — Reservation cancellation for travelocity #[protected]

avatar image Now, please tell me your itinerary number or the last 4 digits of your credit card used for thi...

Feb 28, 2021

Travelocity — Trip

I recieved an email on 1/28 that my flight has been cancelled amd wanted to know if I wanted to cancel the...