Tracfonefraud

K

Bought phone oct 19, 2009. Tried to add minutes, couldn't. Had to call for them to add minutes and went through long process. Next time to add minutes, couldn't. Called again and had to go through long process again. Did this everytime to add minutes. Since day one, got phone calls from companies all over us. Complained about this. Never did tracfone want to exchange or replace phone (Knew there was a problem). Turns out, tracfone sells refurbished phones. Information from old service was never cleared. So tracfone was never registered under my name even when I "supposedly" registered it when I bought it (Tracfone can't change information). So after 3 months, or after warrenty, tracfone supposedly disconnects phone. Well, I was still able to use it but kept having to call in for minutes to be added. Supposedly, they even sent me a new phone. It went to old registered user, who tracfone had listed, because I never got phone even though they kept saying I did. They even told me that they could see that my minutes had been transferred to another phone. Keep in mind, I am still using phone. After 5 months, I had had enough of tracfone!!! After numerous calls and e-mails since day one, they disconnect my phone. Now they won't give me a refund after I fax them a copy of the reciept that has the serial number of phone on the reciept. I have also lost the minutes that were on the phone. And now, all of a sudden, they can replace the phone, that I asked them to do 3 months ago when still under warrenty. I told them to send me the dang phone. It is the least I can get out of them. I have a sledge hammer waiting to smash the junk when it shows up because I will never use or trust tracfone again!!! Has anyone ever contacted tracfone and talked to someone you can actually understand??? Spread the word to never use or deal with tracfone ever!!!

JoyceLavor Jan 01, 2017

Tracphone said my phone wouldn't work in 2017 that I needed to purchase a new one. Guess what, it's 2017 and it is still working. I'm prepaid until 2018. Sounds like a scam to me, tracphone fraud. They need to be federally investigated.

• Br
    Bruce Doss Jun 17, 2016

I recently purchased a track phone, I prepaid for 360 min. ( 90 day plan ) within the first 2 wks. the phone used up all the data updating Apps. that I never used, I kept receiving texts from trac phone that used my texts, and the next two weeks the phone used up all the air time making phone calls to numbers that weren't real (6611, 7680, try them they don't work ..lol..) and numbers I had called that had been disconnected ( and had multiple 10 to 15 min, conversations with ...lol...), and a friend that had been deceased for three weeks !!! (according to the phone I spoke to her from the beyond for 10 to 25 mins. on several occasions LOL. ) I called customer service they said they had no way of knowing if those were valid numbers only of the time used !!! and their was nothing they were going to do unless I wished to purchase more air-time, In my opinion these people are nothing but thieves and do nothing but lie !! and I would never recommend them to anyone unless I really didn't like them ..lol... THEY ARE CROOKS (in my opinion)

0Bought it as a back up phone and hardly ever used it . Within one month

• Ro
    RobertBaer Jun 26, 2015

I have two Tracfones, one bought in Oregon 503 area code, one later bought in Washington 360 area code.
    To get simple add minutes/service online, i made an account in my name (actually email address) and registered the 360 phone to that account.
    Had been using that account to add time with zero problems.
    Until NOW.
    VERY STUPIDLY (too f-ing late now) i decided to add the 503 phone to that account. FAILED. Reason: assigned to another account!
    So, VERY STUPIDLY (too f-ing late now) i asked that the 503 phone be moved to my account.
    Well, after MANY calls i found that "my account" does not mean MY account - now BOTH phones are registered to this OTHER account!
    Cut off at the ankles (or lower)!
    They refuse to move the phone back ("we cannot do that"). Well, i said they did move it once, got into an argument as they denied that fact.
    But, still, refuse to move the phone back ("we cannot do that").
    Refuse to give me ANY hints concerning this other account; GET NOWHERE!!!
    This is worse than s**t! I understand that the Italians have a word for what is left after all the good stuff is removed from excrement.
    THAT term fits best.

• Ri
    RichieC Mar 19, 2013

I find it so strange that so many trolls can make nonsense complaints! I have had my Tracfone for more than five years, upgraded once! Never have I had a problem with adding minutes or service. I have used bonus minutes both from Tracfone site and other online sites and never have had a problem. Though I will agree that speaking with customer support can be a little challenging, had to use there help when I bought my new phone and they walked me through start-up, which included transferring my old minutes! But I'm not a racist or self-centered, so it wasn't an issue!
    But for someone wanting a basic phone without all the lights & bells Tracfone is the way to go! Make sure you buy a phone with double your minutes already included! When you buy the one year card with 400 minutes find a code online, if Tracfone is not offering one at the time and you get 1200 minutes for $100, plus tax and fees. You can not beet that deal! Oh, remember if you get your code online make sure you grab a few of them, not all of them may be good!

• Pe
    Pete Damico Sep 30, 2012

I agree lto all these compplaints. How anyone can do business with tracphone is beyond me. I ordered minutes and they debited my checking accout 4 times. Now I have to wait 48 hours to have the credit back in my checking. They got upset witth me because I used profanity. You can't understand them in the first place. As soon as I use up these last minutes I purchased I am getting rid of tracphone. Everytime I call them I get upset. Every representative you talk to gives you a different story. I am going to go to ATT where I can walk in and talk to a real person. Not someone in INDIA THAT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND. Where is the main office of Tracphon anyway. Does anyone know???