ADVERTISIMENT

Toys r usrude clerks... lack of in-store stock... online ordering a nightmare

A

Every time I have tried to order from their website they end up removing things that were labeled as "in-stock on-line" from my cart AFTER finalizing payment, most often with promotional offers or specials like free shipping. How can they let you go through several supposed real-time checkpoints in the process and not know they do not have the item or at least put it on backorder for you at that price/promotional offer?!? It's all a scam, even in-store. None of the three local stores had any of the buy-one-get-one-free Little Tikes toys at any point during the sale nor did they offer a raincheck. Ordering them online defeats the purpose because shipping costs more than the free item so it is just like paying full price.
I have had so many issues with Toys "R" Us stores and their site since November. The clerks are rude, the customer service is atrocious (when you can actually get someone on the phone) and their site is either designed to screw you over or out of date.

• Sh
    Shelia Thompson Dec 19, 2013

Hey My name is Shelia Thompson. I'm a residence of Sugarland, Tx. I was recently in your store on hwy 59 in Sugarland Tx. yesterday. They have a guy manager he was harrasing some guest. Something needs to be done about Steve messing with guest that's unappropriate. He speaks to guest harsh. A leader shouldn't lead the store with that behavior. the store number is [protected]

• Bj
    bjschrumpf Oct 30, 2013

The phone number they give you is a joke! They tell you what you want to hear just to shut you up. And then nothing is ever done! If you ask for corporates number or a supervisor they tell you they aren't allowed to give it out! I will NEVER shop at toysrus again.

• Mo
    MonroeSteve Dec 05, 2012

Started by the site not accepting my membership # so I logged on via an email hyperlink.

I placed six approved "ship to home" items in my cart, which amounted to almost $100. (Video games and controllers)

Shipping was supposed to be free for purchases over $49 but the site demanded almost $15 for S&H.

Tried to checkout to see if that would change but the site suddenly forgot I was logged on and again wouldn't accept my membership # so of course I wasn't able to use my points payout dollar they sent to me.

Called [protected] and after listening to the recordings, was transferred to a squealing fax line.

Called again, and again endured the same heavy call volume recording but eventually a human answered.

After I complied with the request for my name and phone number, I proceeded with explaining what happened.

I was told I'd have to place my order over the phone to remedy the issue.

I had hoped my order would be visible via my membership number but I was informed that wasn't possible.

Frustrated, I asked for a supervisor.

Eventually one came on the line but she reiterated that I'd have to repeat my order all over again.

I declined and tried to select the pick up in store option instead.

Unfortunately the site kept going to a blank page so I was unable to complete the purchase.

I used the "rate this page" link to complain.

Now this was around midnight. I received a reply around 10AM...that said:

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for recent visit to our website.

We appreciate the time you took to provide us feedback regarding your experience. I would like to take the opportunity to further assist you in placing your order or answering any questions you may have. We would appreciate a call back at your earliest convenience. We can be reached at [protected]. We hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Jordan 7345
    Toys R Us Corporate Guest Relations

In other words...jump through hoops to get that free shipping.

I just wonder how many other people have been cheated by that phony free shipping offer.

I do not appreciate wasting my time like that.

I've ordered from many online sites and haven't had any issues with anyone else.

This experience with Toys R Us has been very disappointing.

Chopper6104 Aug 12, 2012

The most u can get back is $50. Read ur rewards benefits papers. Get over yourself.

• Na
    Naomi May 02, 2012

I shopped for X-mas at a Toys R Us store and bought nearly $200 worth of stuff. I wrote a check. It cleared 4 days later and then 5 days after that they credited the money back to my account. Wanting to do the right thing I contacted them and now it has been a week and a half of Hell trying to get them to take their money back. Again, I just wanted to do the right thing and now they want me to spend my own time, gas and money to fax them a copy of my receipt just to fix a mistake that is not even my fault!

I have been extremely disappointed with every person that I have spoken with on the phone at their company. I even had people refuse to give me contact information for their “parent” company. The only person that impressed me was the manager at the store I shopped at. I went back to visit her and although she could not help me, she was understanding, courteous and professional, and a little baffled herself. Toys R Us has put a little black cloud over my Christmas spirit this year. Hope no one else is going through what I am going through.

In Dec 2017 I purchased over $300 in bicycles for my children. The bikes were on layaway until I picked them up mid-Dec as required by the store policy. I never received anything regarding my rewards and was under the impression the rewards were good for a year. Recently, I logged into my awards account and found they had posted my bicycle purchase on New Year’s Day 2017 in order to put me in the black out rewards period. So I have made a call and written an email trying to get this corrected and the rewards to apply to my purchases now. NO, they cannot change it!

This is bunk really! One more way to rip off people. I went to ToysRus because of them carrying Schwin and the layaway but could have purchased the bikes somewhere else. The employees talk up the rewards program and how great it is to convince you to buy there. I am going to contact the Arizona Attorney General and see if there is any recourse in this State for what they are doing. People should gather together and file a class action suit against them.

ConnorIvor Mar 04, 2012

It is your Wii. Systems do require updates. With PS3 and XBOX 360, they will prompt you when you insert a disc but the Wii does not. You have to check for system updates. So before you go flying off the handle about it being everyone else's fault, you should consider making sure everything is perfect on your end. The rep was not trying to make you feel stupid, she was telling you what the most common problem is.

ConnorIvor Mar 04, 2012

Employees do not have all the answers, especially with online. Why didn't you just buy in store in the first place?

ConnorIvor Mar 04, 2012

Do you really think that a company that sells millions of dollars or product a day cares about losing a measly $360 purchase? You certainly think highly of yourself, don't you?

• Ni
    Nicole S. Dec 25, 2011

I had the same issue with Activision. I purchased the Skylander Spyro's Adventure, for Wii, from Toys R Us. The product doesn't load; I have exchanged it twice and still does not work. My initial attempts one month ago to reach their company resulted in them not responding to my complaint. I reached someone today and they will not refund my cost for their faulty product. My cost was $118, plus $20 for figures for the system, Plus $18 insurance from Toys R Us.
    The representative treated me like an imbecile, said my Wii was faulty and needs to be repaired...I informed him that I have 50 games purchased before and since that work - only their product doesn't work. They said it was Wii. They refused to refund me for my costs and maintained that I should spend more money to service my Wii system.
    Toys are Us - hopefully they won't give me a hard time with getting some of my costs back...trouble is, I cannot start a claim until 45 days, also will not cover my cost for the insurance and the extra support figures. So best case scenario I am out $38.00, worst out of pocket 156.oo, plus my time, agrivation, loss of consumer confidence and my son's tears.
    Christmas is coming - I am thinking of selling everything associated with Wii, Activision, and boycotting Toys R Us. I cannot believe that businesses don't honour their products any longer - how can I make any further purchases with any of these venders without thinking I risk loosing my purchase price and disappointing my child on a special day.
    The $18 warrentee I purchased was printed on the end of a printer role at the store, the clerk noticed it and said that he cannot print a new one..suggested following my purchase that I find a scanner, darken the copy and retain it!
    I will now make all my complaints as public as possible - I am tired of dealing with this type of thing in private.
    Buyer beware - Wii, Activision, and Toys R Us Customer Satisfaction

At least give me a store credit for my purchases so I can by my son a new gift that works!

• Na
    Narad27 Oct 11, 2011

My wife and I went to purchase a car seat and stroller. We went to a Toys R Us and they were running a deal. If you spend more than $200 you got a $50 gift card. We thought that was great seeing as we were going to buy one any way. The Toy R Us we went to didn't hav what we wanted so we end up go to a Babies R Us instead. My wife asks the clerk at the front if they had the same deal and they told her "Yes". We spend an hour testing car seats and strollers until we found the ones we wanted. Our total for our car seat and stroller was $360.

We check out and no gift card. We the lady behind the register and she didn't know what we were talking about. Another employee standing near by said "oh, it's the the deal in the local ad" and proceeds to go behind the counter and grab a copy of the sales flyer. The lady then tells us that we needed the actually coupon to get the deal. We told her that the Toys R Us story never told us anything like that and neither did the employee at the front desk when my wife asked. The lady behind the counter said the most shocking statement I heard all night. "toys r us is a totally separate store". What?!? I turned around and look at the left side of the store that has a huge sign saying Toys R Us. We asked to speak to a manager and she was just as unhelpful. We asked the manager if she was will it lose out on a $360 purchase over a $50 gift card and she said "yes". The manager told my wife that she didn't have a single copy of the ad in the store that we could use to receive this gift card. I was so upset that I didn't want to mention that their were ads laying behind the counter that the cashier used to earlier. This floored me. I my wife and I were out shopping all day and we went to Costco right before and when we got to the check out some of our items were on sale from an ad and they asked if I had the coupon and I told here no. She told me it was ok and used the coupon on here register so I got the discount. This is something I have seen time and time again at different stores. I'm just shocked and very upset that Babies R Us lost out on a $360 purchase (with a possibility of more purchases later) just because they wouldn't let us use the coupon from the stack of ads behind their counter. We are NEVER shopping there again!

• Da
    DawnGrady Oct 07, 2011

I purchased today a Loving family Grand house complete $159.99 in Hazlet NJ and they had 2 signs under the house that said if purchasing the Grand house you get the loving family mini van free with purchase. I read it over 3 times before purchasing. When I went to pay it didn't ring up free when questioned, the assistant manager said it was only for the regular grand house for 69.00 and not the Grand house complete, Oh Im very sorry that it is misleading that she encountered the same complaints from others. WELL why didn't she TAKE THE DAMN SIGN DOWN. They are supposed to honor a mistake but no didn't even remove the sign ... NO WHERE ON THAT TICKET STATES THOSE STIPULATIONS AND THAT IS MISLEADING THE CUSTOMERS. All it says is buy a grand house and get the van FREE!!! This is a bunch of BS and never EVER will I shop toysrus again.I hope they close down. They should state on that ticket that it excludes the Grand complete.

• Bu
    Busymom22 Aug 23, 2011

Umm... Mr. stevenson, I have a very legit complaint and Would like to let Toys R Us know that and how much it has cost them on one stupid rule. I was a manager for many years before children and I always complied with the customer, yes, the customer is always right. Now based on your comment history on here on this complaints board... you have no life! LOL!! And FYI... I have been married for 12 years and have two great children!

• Mp
    MP27 Jul 01, 2011

I am sorry that the "TRU" yay sayers have bashed you for your true and factual comments. I have been in Toy's (Ploy's) R-US five times this year and have not left the store without complete frustration/hatred or dispsise for the clerks/store or managers. They never have the "free" item you recieve after $50 purchase that is advertised to bring you into the store, the buy one get one advertised are never in stock, and the ploys of spend over $50 "ON ANY IN STOCK" item and get ten dollars off never works out because I forgot my magnifying glass at home and did not see the 90% of the instock items exempt from the advertisement that is printed in negative 12 font on the back of this 2"x3" coupon voucher. My wife is cutting up her Ploys-R-Us store card as I am typing this message and we will never be back in the store.

• Ha
    Halexander Jun 19, 2011

My husband and I recently tried to purchase a crib from Babies R Us. We were told that we could not place the order because they were out of stock and to come back on Thursday when they were expecting a shipment. We returned on Thursday evening only to be told once again that they were out of stock and that we still could not order one. This is quite confusing to me because it seems like the reason to order in the first place is because they are out of stock. Anyway, my mother in law returned the very next day and was able to order one. Great we thought. . .and the one she ordered was coming directly to the house. The bed arrived the following Friday afternoon in a completely demolished box. The legs were hanging out of one side and it had obviously been dropped a few times. I called BRU Customer service immediately and he assured me that UPS would come pick up the old crib and deliver a new crib Express shipping and that it should arrive on Tuesday. Of course, no crib on Tuesday or Wednesday so I called customer service again for an update. I was told that the item was back ordered and would not be available until March. On Tuesday my mother in law received a phone call asking about the delivery of our new crib. We were so excited that the new one was on it's way. It arrived on Wednesday in a box that looked much better than the first, but it was opened on one side. We opened the box yesterday evening only to find that the headboard of the crib has two huge chunks of wood missing. I have been on the phone with customer service a number of times yesterday and today (both the online customer service and the local customer service) trying to find a solution. I would like to only return the headboard because who knows what we will receive next time if we send the whole crib back but so far neither has s solution for me!

I really love this crib and unfortunately BRU is the only company that carries it. I feel like we are completely stuck!

Cher Wheeler Jun 09, 2011

Babies R Us rewards program is garbage!! Do not sign up for it or waste your time and money at their stores! There are way too many rules and stipulations! They advertise that if you buy 9 boxes of diapers then you get the 10th free. After buying 8 box at about $40 each I learned that you have to buy them all in a 9 month period. It had already been 9 months so my rewards went back to 0! $360 spent in their store at a higher price than anywhere else, with the expectation of getting a free box of diapers only to be told I get nothing! It's the same with the reward points, you have to spend $150 in a three month period and some months don't count, but they don't tell you that when you sign up they just get you in there and let you think you are accumulation points when you actually get nothing. Been using the rewards card for 2 years and have received 0 benefits from it. Don't waste your time or shop at Babies R Us or Toys R Us!

couponbug83 Jun 04, 2011

I would be frustrated too if I didn't receive my rewards, but come on, YOU are not the one who purchased the items. So why does it really matter if YOU get the credit? Because you referred a few people to their store??

• Tt
    tt712 May 29, 2011

I signed up for my Baby Registry at Babies R Us and was happy to learn about their reward dollars for the dollars you spend. You have to spend quite a bit to receive some back. After hundreds of dollars spent after our baby shower, I should have received $11 in rewards dollars. After not receiving anything, when I logged into the system to see where the dollars were, they said they had expired. They said they should have emailed them to me. I checked my email in full, and I had received other emails from the email address they would have come from, but never received the reward dollars. After calling customer service and even talking with a manager, they said there was nothing they could do. After all of the money I spent on my baby registry at this store, they couldnt even offer the $11 that they advertised up front. I told them I never received it, how could they not offer it, and they said there was nothing they could do. I will never shop at Babies R Us ever again if this is how they treat their customers who sent all of the baby shower guests to this store and shop here very often for a new baby. This is customer non-service.

• Th
    TheWayItIs Feb 14, 2011

You posted this comment in another complaint website and still haven't listed any details. Hard to have sympathy. Return policy is clearly posted in store.

• Lo
    Lobster Jan 31, 2011

I originally began attempting to contact someone at Toys R Us in regard to a small issue that I have with their return policy. In that attempt I have been shown what little respect or concern Toys R Us has for its customers. At every level, from the employees at the store I was in to the Executive Vic President and Chief Administrative Officer Deborah Derby, I have been treated as if I am just wasting everyone's time and that they wish I would just go away and leave things be. Documenting my concerns seems to be the only thing that anyone is willing to do. No one, at any level, is willing to listen to my concerns with their policy or why I have an issue with them. I went through the channels set up by Toys R Us for customers to send their complaints and when that was not satisfactory, I pursued other avenues to get into contact with someone at the company that could address my concerns. At this point, I have given up on anyone with Toys R Us caring or doing anything about my original issue, but I am not going to give up on the issue I have with how Toys R Us treats its customers.

• Bu
    Busymom22 Dec 29, 2010

I too had that happened to me 3 years ago. Have not stepped into a Toys R us since then. Funny how SOME people on here are telling you it is your fault for not having the receipt when it was a gift. Sounds like someone from Corporate or an associate... Well, Corporate!!! All we wanted was to exchange a size!! You have already gotten the money for it. You have now lost a lot of customers which guess what = a lot of money!! because WE buy toys and clothes for our kids. I was thinking, since I have 2 kids and with christmases, before school shopping, other kid's birthdays, our kid's birthdays, other holidays, etc... I probably could drop about $2, 000 a year in your store. For 3 years ago (when this happened) and the next ohhh 8 years I would be shopping for toys and clothes... I will not! Sooo, You have lost about $22, 000 from me... over a $15 dollar outfit that you had already gotten the money for! LOL!!

• Ha
    HarmonyOH Dec 13, 2010

I ordered gifts online for my children for Christmas. These were ordered with a delivery date that was estimated to be in plenty of time for the holiday. We are going to be leaving to go out of town on a certain date, and it was vital that the gifts arrive in time. As long as they arrived when promised, we actually had time to spare. So, now that it is past the date they were to arrive, and we are leaving town in 4 days, the toys are not here. I call the store. Even though the items are in stock in the warehouse, they have not yet been shipped. So, I ask the person on the phone, after I have waited forever on hold, when they will be shipped, and she says she is sorry but she just has no idea. They are very behind. I ask her what she can do to help me, and she recommends that I call back in a couple of days, or just go ahead and cancel my order. So, I decided to go out to the stores and see if I can find the items before cancelling. Running around all day, I find the items. I get home and call back. The woman who answers the phone after again being on hold forever says that she cannot cancel the order. Even though they haven't shipped the items, they still have to ship them to me anyway, and then I will have to ship them back. I explain to her that I am going out of town and won't be home to accept the packages. They haven't even billed me yet for the items, because they don't bill until they ship. However, she just simply says "sorry" we are going to bill you and ship them to you anyway. Too late. We can't cancel. Although, she still couldn't tell me when they would be shipped or arrive. Absolutely unacceptable!

• Jl
    jlhaw Nov 28, 2010

I had the same problem with a customer service representative repeatedly putting me on hold to get a supervisor and after holding three times a supervisor was still not available because "they were really busy" and I was told someone would call me back in 48 hours. Its been a week and a half and I still have not heard from them and I don't expect I will.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 18, 2010

I know sometimes it's easy to assume that stores that sell similar product have similar policies, but that is rarely true, I'm afraid.

• Tp
    Tpar Nov 18, 2010

Tonight, my father and I shopped at toys r us in katy by katy mills mall... Big mistake! The people there were rude & unknowledgeable! In my search for the perfect christmas present for my husband, I found a great shirt that he would love sitting out in plain sight on the shelf. Excited, though it wasn't his size, I inquired whether there were any more. The sales associate for the electronics department (Where the shirts were located) told me that was the very last one because it was a promo item for a video game that had recently been released. Hearing the word promo, I asked whether it was for sale and he said yes of course it was. I then asked the price and when he scanned it, it came up as 1 cent. His fellow associate said he wished to buy it but I said with a smile that I definitely wanted it. The sales associate then said he had to check with the manager for the real price but said, with a smile, that this was definitely my shirt... Then he returned, said it was not for sale and he could not give it back to me. The elation that had blossomed inside me instantly died... He knew it was a promotional item. He said it was for sale anyway. And then he took it from me and walked away. I went to speak to the manager, who was cold and rude and never even said sorry. He just said they would not sell it to me and walked away. My father tried to talk to the man, who insisted that it was going to be shipped back to the manufacturer, but i've worked in a video game store and none of the promo items ever got sent back. I assume that shirt is now on the back of the other associate that had wanted it. I would love someone to check into it and see if it actually did go back to the original manufacturer. I have worked in customer service and retail for 12 years and I have never seen a manager treat any customer the way I was treated. There was no kindness or apologies or anything but annoyance and flat out rudeness from this man. On top of this, my father tried to purchase other things and kept meeting with obstacles. Something rang up wrong, so instead of calling for someone who worked there to go verify the price, they made my dad walk all the way across the store to show them. Then the refused to honor a promotional offer they had running if you purchased more than $75 worth of stuff because apparently one of the many things he was buying was on sale~ not clearance, but the price they had set it at was apparently a deal or something. My father, having been through one hurdle after the other with them left his $100 purchase and walked out. I will never shop at any toys r us again and I will make sure every friend and relative and person on the internet I can reach does the same.

• Ca
    carmeltri Nov 11, 2010

Toys R us recently did a audit of employee dependents. They cut 2 of my children as well as my husband off my coverage but chose to cover my other two children. Without any notice they are taking a huge amount of arrears from my paycheck for coverage I was denied. From what I am hearing there are a lot of people that have been wronged in this process. I am hoping to hear from some of them. (class action lawsuit).

• Al
    Alexis_Secret Oct 11, 2010

As a former “R Us” employee, of 9 years, I apologize for your unpleasant experience. As far as the Birthday Club goes, the company mails out a birthday card to the child in which a $3 coupon is attached; good towards at purchase of $3 or more (before taxes). When the customer comes into the store, an associate at the service desk or whoever, is supposed to give the child a balloon and crown, and announce the child’s name and birthday over the intercom. In reference to the coupon in the circular, most “R Us” employees do not see the ad until the date of the sale or if they obtain one thru their personal mail; with that being said that could explain why no one seemed to know what you were talking about. Another reason could have been due to the lack of circulars sent to the store. Corporate is responsible to mailing out the circulars; some times they send a limited amount to the stores, and some times they don’t send any at all. And last but not least, it could have been seasonal associates whom lacked the knowledge. Hope this helped.

• Fu
    furious-mom Aug 24, 2010

I am with you! They did the same thing to me!!! I am about to take it a step further and this was in 2017!

• Re
    renjtown Jul 05, 2010

I purchased a General Foam Plastics Corporation infalatable pool to repace a torn pool on a Saturday, started set up Sunday 7/4 for my grandchildren to swim hopefully by Monday, It was torn at the seam, Toys R us will not allow an exchange or return. Told I have to call manufacture, which of course there is no anwser, on hold for more than an hour! Now they may be out today as yesterday was a holiday, but I have to return to work tomorrow, I can not make phone calls during business hours, and have a useless pool .

LinkDude80 Jun 25, 2010

Ate you sure you gave them the correct address?

Lillym Feb 20, 2010

I had a similar experience in Lancaster, Ca.

Lillym Feb 20, 2010

I agree. Same experience with store in Lancaster, California. To make a long story short, I had my 5-year-old granddaughter with me at the time and the store manager (Carlos) along with his service desk clerk (Laura) made her cry! There is nothing kid-friendly about this store! They should not be in the business!

• Ge
    gemini74girl Jan 23, 2010

My fiance and I literally have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on our 5 month old son during the time before his birth (aug 09) to present. We enrolled in the rewards program to get the special offers and rewards certificates to help with some of the purchases we make. According to the rewards website we have earned rewards certificates yet we NEVER have recieved them. When I call customer service they say to call when the certificates we haven't received expire. They say they will re issue them for the next month. This has happened for two months in a row now and still no rewards. I thought this problem would be solved a month ago when I called and had them input the correct mailing address into their database. The clerk at the store at which we enrolled initially put in the wrong address. This problem has still been left unresolved and I can guarantee I will not be shopping at Toys are us or babies r us until this situation is remedied.

• Am
    A. Myrick Jan 09, 2010

Visited Toys R Us in Hoover, AL on 12/28/09, and had a very unpleasant experience. It was my daughter's first birthday and I was informed by a mailer from the company to let the representatives know that we were in the store for the occasion and that there would be some token of display to celebrate her birthday. I informed a representative and gave them the Geoffrey's B-day Club card and nothing occurred while we were shopping. We were looking at possibly purchasing a toddler car seat and were informed by same representative that there was a 20% off coupon for any baby item in the circular and could be obtained at customer service. I attempted to obtain this coupon, but no representative seemed to know what I was talking about. One lady started talking very loudly over her walkie talkie and asking which representative told me this. No one confessed and I couldn't locate the rep. who told me this. As the lady did this over the speakers, other customers were staring at me because she brought much unneeded attention to me. I later went home and found the circular with the 20% off coupon and was informed when I called the toll free number that because it was my daughter's birthday, I should've been given a discount on something in the store to celebrate her birthday, but that didn't occur. The store also only had one lane open for purchases and one open for returns, this was three days after Christmas so the store was full of shoppers! I did purchase something for my daughter and didn't get any discounts from the store as told I should have from the representative from the 800 number. The store was also not very clean and neat. It really lacked in that department because the toys that were on display to try out were filthy!!! The sales representatives were very unfriendly and didn't seem to know what they were doing. I overheard them talking to other customers and they all seemed overwhelmed and unsure about what they were talking about! They weren't helpful at all!!! Overall, it wasn't a pleasant experience and I don't think I will go back in that store ever again! I have spent a great amount of money at the Babies R Us in the same area and have had a lot better customer experience.

• Km
    KMG1 Nov 19, 2009

November 11, 2017

(Letter written to tru store location manager regarding rewards program... Note: this company has the most #ic, ineffective, rude and arrogant customer service reps of any company I have ever dealt with — on a complete basis! All of the corporate service people I spoke with were just... Plain... Stupid. Unbelievable. Makes you think twice about the company, at least, I do!) letter follows...
    _
    I want to thank you, most sincerely, for resolving our problem about crediting our account for “rewards” we earned through our store purchase (S).

We can’t even imagine how we would have been able to remedy the problem without you, considering the ineptitude, arrogance and complete inefficiency of every individual we were unfortunate enough to deal with at toys r us corporate office. It was a pathetic parody of customer service, from the first – and I loosely use the term – communication with representatives of the corporate office. We were misled, misdirected, sorely patronized, misinformed and, very consistently, left without any assistance to resolve our viable complaint – until we were lucky enough to call you.

Here, is a good time to insert: we asked corporate if we should speak with you, almost from the beginning, but were told, they would handle it. It became glaringly obvious, they couldn’t even understand what the problem was, let alone address it, so we took it upon ourselves to call you – to learn, corporate never even spoke with you about months of our telephone calls to them. Unbelievable. There is no need to rehash the completely idiotic comedy of events we were forced to endure while trying to make sense of the senseless people at corporate toys r us. It was a revelation about the poor quality of customer service at that level in the company and a miserable reflection on the standard and image of toys r us on a larger scale.

We do want to report two very prominent examples of blatant disservice from representatives who said they are “supervisors” at toys r us. We understand conversations are taped for review and urge your corporate officers to do so. Both representatives told us, they were the “last line” in deciding we had no recourse at all and would have to accept their decisions about not issuing our credit. They wouldn’t even consider what we were telling them, which spoke to the facts. Furthermore, they refused to let us speak with a “higher” supervisor, telling us they were the final authority. One identified herself as brenna #5034. She actually told us, the promotion for rewards is a privilege, not a right (Quote!) the other, equally awful representative identified herself as jennifer, #1553. Both insisted we couldn’t speak with anyone else and had to “accept” their decision, as they were the “only ones” to make the decision. We did speak with someone named yvonne, who, although she was unable to resolve the problem, was

-2-

Polite and professional in her image, which certainly cannot be said of brenna and jennifer.

Although we sincerely appreciate that you quickly and efficiently handled a problem in minutes that took months for every single sorry example of customer guest relations service at the corporate level to face with confusion, we can’t help by remain disgusted by the terrible treatment we received at every turn, until we were fortunate enough to contact you. Toys ‘r us is truly lucky, lucky to have you.

I will end this letter here, as to continue would simply rehash the ridiculously disturbing comedy of ineptitude of toys ‘r us that has given us such a lack of confidence in the company’s honesty. We can’t wait to finish all our business with it and share our feedback with everyone we know, in hope of preventing others from the aggravation and mistreatment we experienced.

It is a fact: the true test of a company’s integrity, quality and solidity is not in it’s ability to sell, but in it’s resolve to provide impressive, quality customer service when there is a problem.

Toys ‘r us failed the “test” miserably.

Sincerely,
    Kg
    Nj

• jacksjewell Aug 30, 2009

So you blame the store for corporate giving you the run around?

• jacksjewell Aug 30, 2009

Hey, how about you talk to the person who gave the gift and ask them why, when they were asked at the end of their transaction if they would like a gift receipt with that? Every customer is asked that at the end, just before they pay, it's part of the script. If the customer declines, then your on your own at that point. Or you could always ask the giver of the gift to take a drive to toys with you and have them look up the original receipt, via there credit card number. Stays in the system for 90 days.

• Re
    retailnazi Aug 19, 2009

I work for TRU, so I, or any other retail associate can tell you, WE MARK STUFF UP! Its how we stay in business. How much do you think your car was marked up by the division you bought it from? How about the food you eat? Clothes you wear? You can stop shopping at a particular market chain or what have you, but it'd be rather difficult to avoid them all, eh? Moreover, have you ever shopped the clearance areas in your local TRU? Or any retailer? Often times last years LEGOs (or any other possible items) are marked DOWN about 50% of retail... which is cheaper than direct from LEGO/whomever. If you attack/complain about one company, then spit in all of their eyes :)

• Mi
    MightyMandos Aug 12, 2009

i work in the electronics department of toys r us.
    we do not repackage game systems. when an open system comes into our store, it is sent back to the company who made it. in this case, sony. the serial number on that system becomes void anyway.

• Di
    diamun Jul 22, 2009

Nope...

Call a lawyer. Got a witness?? Anyone with you?

I wouldnt let it slide. No way.

Did you pay with a credit card?

Call them, they will help you.

Stand up for yourself, do not back down.

Good Luck!

• Pb
    pblanton Jul 22, 2009

HEY! You posteds the original complaint on my birthday. I'm sorry my birthday was sucn a downer for you.

Comment Guidelines