Toys R us, Concord, North Carolinadidn't deliver toy and haven't given a refund

I placed a "Hot Toy Order" in October and was encouraged to pay for the total amount that I was promised would be available to me by mid-December for Christmas. I was never notified that the toy was ready for pickup and when I called to check on my order they couldn't find my original order. I was told to call the 800 number, I have spend over 3 hours on the phone and have been transferred to several different customer service representatives (I use that term very loosely). I have been told from the customer service department that the order number that is very clearly on my receipt is not correct! I still and this is now mid-January have not received a refund. TO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM TOYS R US, THEY ARE NOT A RELIABLE COMPANY!!!