Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Other Toys "R" Us teals from children.

Toys "R" Us  -  teals from children.

L
Author of the complaint
9:14 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son and daughter age ten and nine were shopping with me at your store last night and one of my children left his PSP on the shelf. It was my nine year old daughter. She was looking at other toys when she left it on the shelf. She did not remember until we got home and since the store was closed I decided to go get it the next day. I looked at the toy section where she claimed she left it and other places around the area as well. I retraced my steps and could not find it. I asked where lost articles are and she said the returns desk. I went to the returns desk and it was not there. I asked for a replacement since this is where my daughter lost the PSP and they said that they could not replace it. I drove home and got a receipt to show them that I bought one at Toys Are US and still they would not replace it. Basically the because the employee did not do her job in the toy area and return the PSP to the front right away when my children lost something that they worked hard to get. Now if it were me who paid for it I would not mind but my children both saved up their allowances and it took them six months to save up. Had the employee done her job this incident would not have happened had she returned it to their lost and found right away. Despite this being the employee's mistake they did not offer a replacement. Keep in mind that the PSP was bought in Toys are Us, this exact location. We won't be returning. This is not the way to treat royal customers.

Update by lost item
Feb 08, 2013 9:02 pm

P.S my sister has had a baby register at your sister company Babies are Us and when I gold her about this she wants to cancel the registry, and I have bought all the baby clothes that I have bought as well as a few things from my children and returned them, so not only did you lose my business but you lost my sister's business and you had some items returned as well. From now on I will be shopping at Kmart. I thought a toy store would be more child friendly but apparently I was wrong.

More Toys "R" Us complaints & reviews

Toys "R" Us - false advertising and promotions!
Toys "R" Us - toys r us heath insurance scam
Toys "R" Us - refused check
Toys "R" Us - didn't deliver toy and haven't given a refund
Toys "R" Us - stay away
Toys "R" Us - gift card fraud
5 comments
Apr 01, 2013 2:23 pm

I am extremely angry right now. My viens are turning purple as I write this.

Yestereday was my son Dudley's 11th Birthday. We like to call him Dudders(well my wife Petunia does anyway.) Anyways here is my story about how you guys ruined my son's birthday. This was from your store at Scurry.

First of all his birthday did not start off right. My wife and I had bought him gifts. We had bought him 36 gifts from your store. He came downstairs and immediately he asked how many gifts we had for him. I told him that there were 36 gifts. He complained that last year there was 37 and started throwing a tantrum. I told him that this year he had bigger gifts. He was still not satisfied. I reassured him that after his party we would get two new gifts. (I had bought him a pool table, a playstation 3, and a nintendo Wii, several games, a psp, games for the psp, DSI, and his six other game syetems ect.

Than as if that was not enough, we could not get a Nanny for our wicked evel nephew Harry. We had to take him along with us. He is a troublemaker. His parents were no good either. He was left on our doorstep. Apparently his parents had been killed in a car crash. His father James was drunk at the wheel. Well we had Dudder's birthday party at the London Zoo and somehow a snake got loose and almost attacked him.

The final straw that broke the camel's back was around 11 pm when we went to your store located at 393 privet drive. We live close by near your store. Anyways the store was closed. My wife and I knocked hard on the doors, at first no one answered. but then someone answered and said that they were closed. I explained about my son's birthday. They still would not let me in. You better be open tomorrow. I will be coming at five am. Now I must buy ten gifts for Dudders. If you are closed then I will greatly buy more to cheer him up.

P.S you only turn 11 once(unless you were born in a leap year) and this was ruined for Dudders.

sincerely

Uncle Vernon

4 privet drive

London, Scurry.

M

hey Magnum Cumlauder, leave personal items in the car, cab, or wagon. they may think you are a gypsy stealing ring!

M

Well, I GOLD her that she said, yeah uh huh, and she GOLD me that I was not supposed to do that, so I GOLD her that I couldn't type and to pray for me and my bad memory. She Gold me she would. Otay

T
Feb 12, 2013 4:11 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had some trouble following all of it... bit confusing. However, I think you should call Head Office. Just explain that you are loyal customers. They will probably fix up the situation.

E
Feb 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Why do you think it's the responbility of Toys R Us to keep track of kid's toys that they've left in the store? How do you know that a parent didn't come by and pick it up, or another child steal it from the store? It is NOT the responbility for any employee to check for left items on shelfs or aisles.

I work at a large home improvement retailer. People come in all the time in a panic because they've lost their expensive cell phones or wallets...do you think that we should reimburse them for it? It's a courtesy to have a lost and found, not a mandatory thing. People will steal things all the time, doesn't mean it's an employee.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

196 complaints