Toyota Motor Corporationend of lease expectations

J Aug 27, 2019

I leased a 2016 Toyota Scion for 3 yrs. I put 3, 500 down including a trade in! This was so my payments could stay low. I was never quite happy with the vehicle only because it was just too small. I was allowed 12, 000 miles per year yet I decided to keep the mileage low and returned the vehicle mint condition with 6, 000 miles total for three years of use. I called a month prior to lease end to discuss other options. The representative assured me I would not be charged or fined for bringing it back a month earlier and decided to. They inspected the vehicle and was told it was just like new condition. I signed off and thought all was well. Weeks later I received a letter stating tht because I returned it early I was being penalized 350.00. Absolutely not fair! I have never once missed a payment nor had a late payment. I called customer service and they stated it was end of lease contract and not because I brought it back early! I made a arrangement to pay so much a month on this fee! Six months passes and now I receive a letter saying my account has gone into collections! This is completely hypocritical! I am completely fed up with this and am considering contacting my attorney. I have worked way too hard on my credit and done nothing to deserve this when I have done everything to treat Toyota with the utmost respect and consideration. I am not going to accept this harassment anymore!