Having problems with Toshiba?

Toshiba reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 21, 2006. The latest review Dynadock U3.0 was posted on Jul 26, 2021. The latest complaint toshiba e-studio256 was resolved on May 22, 2018. Toshiba has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 171 reviews. Toshiba has resolved 57 complaints.

Toshiba Customer Service Contacts

1800 457 7777 (United States)
133 070 (Australia)
1811 253 6491 (Mexico)
+44 193 284 1600 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 445 439 (New Zealand)
+31 80 070 040 (Benelux)
+45 80 881 750 (Denmark)
+62 212 929 2988 (Indonesia)
+60 322 875 802 (Malaysia)
+63 28 191 048 (Philippines)
+65 62 970 990 (Singapore)
+27 113 052 820 (South Africa)
+82 234 844 334 (South Korea)
+66 237 590 911 (Thailand)
+84 439 364 463 (Vietnam)
+54 800 666 3701 (Argentina)
1-1, Shibaura 1-chome
Minato-ku
Japan - 105-8001
5241 California Avenue, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92617

Canada
75 Tiverton Court, Markham, ON, Canada, L3R 3M8

United Kingdom
Toshiba Court, Weybridge Business Park, Addlestone Road, Weybridge, Surrey, KT15 2UL

Austria

Hammfelddamm 8, 41460 Neuss

Italy
Viale Monza, 347, 20126 – Milano, Italy

Portugal
Quinta da Fonte, Rua Dos Malhoes, Edificio D. Pedro I, Escrit. 18A, 2770-071 Paço de Arcos – Portugal

Spain
Parque Empresarial San Fernando Edificio Munich, 3ª Planta, Oficina A
Av. de Castilla № 2, 28830 - San Fernando de Henares, Madrid, España

Turkey
Küçükköy Cebeci Caddesi 569. Sokak № 6, 34080, Gaziosmanpaşa, Türkiye

India
E-20, 1st & 2nd Floor, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016

Malaysia
Suite 11.01, Level 11, The Gardens North Tower, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur

Philippines
19/F Panorama Tower, 34th Street corner Lane A, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634, Philippines

Singapore
20 Pasir Panjang Road, № 12-25/28 Mapletree Business City,
Singapore 117439

South Africa
10th Floor Sandton Office Tower, Sandton City, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa

South Korea
27F, Asem Tower, 517, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 06164, Korea

Thailand
323 United Centre Building, 21st Fl., Unit 2101- 2102A, Silom Rd., Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

Vietnam
Room 802, 8th Floor, HCO Building, 44B Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, VN
U.A.E.
Toshiba Gulf Fze, P.O. Box 61028, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai - U.A.E.

Brazil
Avenida Ibirapuera, 2332, Torre I, 5° floor City of Sao Paulo Brasil

Mexico
Sierra Candela № 111, 6 Piso, Col.Lomas de Chapultepec 11000, Mexico D.F.

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Toshiba Customer Service. Initial Toshiba complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Toshiba above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Toshiba. Discuss the issues you have had with Toshiba and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Toshiba Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Toshibaterrible customer support

I have had a Toshiba satellite laptop for several years. I pulled the hard drive and intended to attach it as an external to another Toshiba machine through a SATA to USB bridge. Called for a little help. Wondered if the drive wasn't being seen because of a driver issue. I had gone to the Toshiba support site and there was a USB ADM driver that I wanted to download but the link was broken. I talked to hard drive department first. The woman knew nothing. She indicated that she knew nothing about attaching an external drive. She said since the drive came from my Toshiba machine I needed to call the number for laptops. When I asked her about the broken link to usb drivers on the Toshiba web site she said Toshiba doesn't have a support website that links to drivers. Toshiba doesn't support drivers. I call the laptop department. The guy who answered also knew nothing. Told me to try the driver link through a different browser. Then he asked for money. ...Really...NEVER EVER will I purchase a Toshiba product for myself or my family again! Costumer service technical department is incapable of answering any question. Then they ask me for money????? Are you kidding. All I wanted was access to a driver posted on their website.

Toshibaelectric heater 35 liter/ guarantee maintenance

my electric heater failed to work since 26/11/2017 due to electric failure and I have contacted the call center of El-Araby group(19319) and give a clear description of the fault, then the maintenance man attended to my home 27/11/2017 at 5 p.m and check the failure of the heater then tell me firstly that relay system obs-elate and the shape of the electric monitor will changed,
    secondly that this spare part not available and with in few days they will call me
    from the previous description, it is very clear that there is no trouble shooting system used, and EL-Araby group run any modification with out inform the customer, also since 26/11/2017 untill now i live without hot water in my home in this winter days.
    so I think very well before buying your products futurely
    thank you.
    my egyption mobile [protected] )
    my E-mail([protected]@yahoo.com)

Toshiba4 screws

I bought a 55 L711U18 model tv today and there were four (4) M5 17mm screws missing. I called best buy, which was where I bought it to see if they would give me the four (4) screws but they could not as they had sold out of the tvs in the store. they directed me to call Toshiba to replace the four (4) missing screws. I called the help line and am told I am to either go to best buy to replace the full tv set, or send it back to Toshiba. All this over FOUR (4) SCREWS! It would have been cheaper for Toshiba to just put the FOUR (4) SCREWS into a package and mail them to my address, but instead they tell my to send the tv back. I apologize for the following profanity, but i think it is absolute [censor] that the company would not want to save a couple dollars and just send me the FOUR (4) SCREWS that i was shorted. Maybe I am just overreacting but I figured it would be morally just for a company to right someone who had been wronged no matter how big or how little the situation.
      I at all possible i would like compensation for the four (4) M5 17mm screws needed to screw in the base. If you would allow it i would supply a copy of the receipt as proof of purchase.

Toshiba — model number 26l1350u flat screen tv

the tv has allot of bugs. I've always been a good patron buying strictly your tv's and electronics. the tv...

Toshibatoshiba 55" tv

I bought a Hitachi 55" from Sam's, along with a 4-year Warranty. The TV started to die, and the SQUARE TRADE folks relaced it with a 55" Toshiba, which is showing signs of distortion. Because the TV is less than one-year old, the Square Trade folks told me that the Manufacturer's Warranty was in force, and to contact Toshiba for repair/replacement. Toshiba has eliminated their phone support, and the website does not allow me to file a claim, or repair request. So, I'm now stuck with a large TV with "no warranty" as Toshiba's website merely sends me in circles with zero support available. I need help from Sam's, or have you take it back, under the original contract and replace it. It appears that the 4-year extended warranty you sold me does not work. Can you help? Harry Shortland [protected]. Member # [protected]. Thank you!

Toshibaafter sales in egypt in tosiba elaraby is too bad

I share my probleme on facebook as below and no one answer me from elaraby :-
          I purchased a refrigerator from Toshiba company in 2012 and it is supposed to guarantee for 10 years, on the 18th of July I called toshiba elaraby to repair it and it was supposed to have been repaired within two weeks after the passing of the two weeks I called call center and they notified me that within 72 hours the problem of The refrigerator will be finished and the limit of the response of their word after such a and afeter that I called them many times and they nform me the same answer after two momthes on 16/9/2017 I went to the headquarters of the company in Salah Salem to know the main reason of the problem they said that there is a damage piece due to misuse and of course, there is no misuse and of course I was speaking with confidence and without discussion on the basis that I deal with an agent who is supposed to be one of the biggest reputable agencies in Egypt after that he informed me that manufacturing of this part is stopped what does the refrigerator mean for the remaining 5 years and I supposed to take just 25% of the price of the refrigerator, after that I require to meet the maintenance manager but he informed me that he will be here in the company Sunday to Thursday from 9 am to 5 pm, on Sunday, 17/9, I meet the maintenance manager and he informed me the same solution and after that I meet the head of the Department of Complaints and informed me the same solution after that I leave the company and entered Toshiba page on Facebook and started writing that Toshiba after sales in Egypt is very bad and oafter that some one from the page send me a message to know the problem after I told him, he promised me the problem will be solved as soon as possible after that someone call me and he Told me that the refrigerator has been repaired and i supposed to pay 2120 the price of repairs, I actually paid the amount unfairly when I received the refrigerator

Toshiba — customer service - printer cartridge

I am contacting you today after 5 attempts to receive a black K toner. We received a toner earlier in the...

Point Cook

Toshibafaulty laptop monitor they won't fix unless I pay

I purchased a Satellite laptop in October 2015. In August 2016 the hard drive no longer booted up. I paid to have it shipped to Toshiba Depot as "warranty work on a Satellite could not be done at an authorized repair service location". My computer was returned on September 19th with a blank hard drive and the paperwork said the monitor was replaced. In August 2017 the monitor displayed only a black, blank screen. Toshiba considers my entire laptop Out of Warranty solely because it was purchased more than 1 year ago. The closest approved repair facility, which is now authorized to repair the Satellite model, is an hour drive away. I still have the option to pay postage and repair charges at Toshiba Depot.

When I get my car repaired, new parts have a minimum 1 year warranty, reconditioned parts either 1 year or 3 months warranty, and warranty repairs incur no labor charges. Tire warranties are pro-rated. Plumbing repairs have a 1 year parts warranty and no charge for labor. Fence installations have a 1 year labor warranty, and the fence itself has a lifetime warranty. Why does Toshiba's replacement monitor, or labor, have no warranty?

I cannot afford postage, or repair costs, or gas to drive an hour 4 times, or the cost of a new computer. To me it makes sense for Toshiba to repair my laptop monitor at no further cost to me.

Toshiba — laptop satellite radius l40w - c1959

I bought the laptop and about 18 months later the battery stop working suddenly. It showed as fully charged...

Brussels

Toshibaon 18-05-2017 purchased toshiba 32 inch led tv from carrefour (tala mall, exit 5, riyadh

Dear sir
              I buy toshiba led tv 32 inch from carrefour (tala mall, exit 5, Riyadh, ksa) on 18-05-2017 and I bring it to India last week.

when I start using it just work 1 week normal. now the display become 2 part and top part is hiding and bottom is regular

I need to fix the complaints from india what can I do

Please contact me :
              [protected]@gmail.com
              +[protected]

Toshiba — 43" tv model 43l511u18

I just bought this tv yesterday and set it up. The trouble I am having is that on the picture mode, I select...

Thonotosassa

Toshibatoshiba satellite c55t laptop

I bought this laptop brand new in Dec 2015 for my daughter (who was 6 yo at the time). Reported screen problem to Toshiba on Oct 2016 then when sending it in for repair, we noted on the written report that it has a wireless problem as well as intermittent DVD problem on the report card. Our daughter didn't tell us that it still has problems, but by now, it's outside of the warranty period and they want lots of money to repair it.

So, right now we have almost new laptop, barely used, and it does not work with the DVD or the wireless connection.

Toshibasatellite laptop s55 intel, i7 terabyte disk etc etc

Incident #[protected]. The power cable does not quite fit falls out anytime the computer is touched. Screen has developed a vertical line on it clearly a hardware issue with display because if I use the laptop by projecting out there is no line. It is less than 1 year old!!! If this is "state of the art" this is the "worst state of the art!". When I called for support (Philippines, of cours) I did not get the guy on the brochure, smiling, headset on white and tie. I got hte woman named lorna with extremely poor english that I had to ask her to repaet everything she said, and who told me at least 15 times toshiba will not fix a machine that has physical abuse, this is after I told her that the machine has never been dropped! I am not satisfied at all! I will never buy another toshiba laptop product!! This low quality product coupled with ms-10 is definitely a looser combination. I'm supposed to pay $40.00 to send it to get fixed?!?
                  This is the first of many posts to consumer feedback sites. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this line of products! Caps are intentional, I was on the phone well over an hour while lorna refused to let me speak to a supervisor! Real service? How about this; I take my toshiba s55 back to staples, they swap my hard drive into another machine and send the malfunctioning s55 back to toshiba. I need my machine, I depend on it! Im a student who is unable to do classwork without the unique software loaded on the hard disk.
                  Glenn oliveira [protected]. Anyone call me anytime if you wish to know more.

Toshibasatellite radius

Please do not purchase a laptop from Toshiba. They do not honor their warranty. I purchased a laptop less than one year ago and it will not boot. We tried to get in touch with Customer Support and they require a Serial number to process the repair request. However, their laptop is made in such a way where the serial number rubs off with normal use... odd since all the numbers around it stay put. When we contacted a repair shop they advised that there was an easy way to get the number by opening the back but that they couldn't do so without permission from Toshiba. Toshiba will not grant this and repeats that they can not/will not honor the warranty. We weren't looking for anything more than what was promised through their own contract (which mentions nothing about the serial number being needed to initiate the repair request). This is a rather inexpensive device and it's amazing the lengths they are going to to avoid their obligation under their own warranty. My husband loved this product and we fully intended to stick with Toshiba, however without a resolution I would never again purchase anything from this company.

Toshibalaptop

I purchased a Toshiba laptop from Office Depot on March 2016.
                      Toshiba did not honor the rebate and stonewalled me in every possible way.
                      Office Depot also passed the buck, time after time.
                      If Toshiba promised you a rebate, do not expect to get it.

Toshiba Information Systems For Laptopfailure to timely repair or replace defective new computer

I purchased a new Toshiba C75-C7130 laptop on July 3, 2016 from a retail vendor via Amazon.com. The computer was purchased for personal use. By the last weekend in July it failed to boot. I contacted Toshiba computer technical support and followed instructions of the support staff I spoke with in an effort to solve the problem. The effort failed. I was provided with a repair order and Toshiba sent a box in which to ship the computer to what Toshiba staff described as Toshiba's repair facility in Jeffersonville, IN. The computer was delivered to the facility on August 3rd.Prior to shipping the unit I was told by a Toshiba technical support staff person to expect repair or replacement to be completed within 7-10 days. Toshiba technical support tentatively diagnosed the problem as a defective hard drive. I have checked the repair status frequently since delivery on Toshiba's website. Information about the repair provided by Toshiba is that repair has been allegedly delayed because a part not available at the facility needed to be ordered. I phoned the facility (Pegatron Technology Services, Inc.) but no one answered the phone and there was no voicemail. The warranty provides for repair or replacement which should not take thirty days.

Toshibalaptop quality

I bought a laptop a little under a year ago, and have had screws slowly fall out of it. Although the computer is still functioning, it is almost half apart and I am afraid that it will completely separate at any moment. I was told this is physical damage so it is not covered by the warranty. I have never dropped the computer and only transport it in a case. I had Dell before, and decided on Toshiba because of the price. I now understand the lower price. As I am a student, I do not have the money to pay for the repair. I am extremely upset with the product and the overall company. I would advise others to pay the extra money for another company so that you will not have to pay for repairs as soon.

Toshibalcd 40 in tv

I bought a Toshiba 40 in TV in Dec 2014. Upto this week, i have reported 3 service breakdowns with my TV. How INFERIOR are the TV sets sold by Toshiba - breaking down 3 Times in just 13 months. I sent emails and called the Toshiba (Malaysia) office. Each time they say they will forward to their management to take action and revert back to me. In more than 10 days since my first email to them, NOBODY had bothered to contact me. Seems that Toshiba (Malaysia) is only interested in sales and not bothered about after sales service. How inferior are their products!!!

Toshiba — refuse to repair tablet although under warranty

October 2015 - Purchased Encore WT8 tablet brand new December 2015 - While turning on tablet power button...

Toshiba — warranty service

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite from Walmart on September 18th 2014 for my daughter’s birthday. I didn’t...