Having problems with Toshiba?

1800 457 7777 (United States)
133 070 (Australia)
1811 253 6491 (Mexico)
+44 193 284 1600 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 445 439 (New Zealand)
+31 80 070 040 (Benelux)
+45 80 881 750 (Denmark)
+62 212 929 2988 (Indonesia)
+60 322 875 802 (Malaysia)
+63 28 191 048 (Philippines)
+65 62 970 990 (Singapore)
+27 113 052 820 (South Africa)
+82 234 844 334 (South Korea)
+66 237 590 911 (Thailand)
+84 439 364 463 (Vietnam)
+54 800 666 3701 (Argentina)
1-1, Shibaura 1-chome
Minato-ku
Japan - 105-8001
5241 California Avenue, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92617

Canada
75 Tiverton Court, Markham, ON, Canada, L3R 3M8

United Kingdom
Toshiba Court, Weybridge Business Park, Addlestone Road, Weybridge, Surrey, KT15 2UL

Austria

Hammfelddamm 8, 41460 Neuss

Italy
Viale Monza, 347, 20126 – Milano, Italy

Portugal
Quinta da Fonte, Rua Dos Malhoes, Edificio D. Pedro I, Escrit. 18A, 2770-071 Paço de Arcos – Portugal

Spain
Parque Empresarial San Fernando Edificio Munich, 3ª Planta, Oficina A
Av. de Castilla № 2, 28830 - San Fernando de Henares, Madrid, España

Turkey
Küçükköy Cebeci Caddesi 569. Sokak № 6, 34080, Gaziosmanpaşa, Türkiye

India
E-20, 1st & 2nd Floor, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016

Malaysia
Suite 11.01, Level 11, The Gardens North Tower, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur

Philippines
19/F Panorama Tower, 34th Street corner Lane A, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634, Philippines

Singapore
20 Pasir Panjang Road, № 12-25/28 Mapletree Business City,
Singapore 117439

South Africa
10th Floor Sandton Office Tower, Sandton City, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa

South Korea
27F, Asem Tower, 517, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 06164, Korea

Thailand
323 United Centre Building, 21st Fl., Unit 2101- 2102A, Silom Rd., Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

Vietnam
Room 802, 8th Floor, HCO Building, 44B Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, VN
U.A.E.
Toshiba Gulf Fze, P.O. Box 61028, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai - U.A.E.

Brazil
Avenida Ibirapuera, 2332, Torre I, 5° floor City of Sao Paulo Brasil

Mexico
Sierra Candela № 111, 6 Piso, Col.Lomas de Chapultepec 11000, Mexico D.F.

Complaints & Reviews

Toshiba Directcompany cannot spell address correctly even though I corrected them several times

Billed twice for same item, company cannot spell address correctly even though i corrected them several times, re-billed for same product, does not return phone calls, will not credit back immediately.

• Bl
      blmartech Dec 24, 2011

I too have been billed twice, Toshiba charged an extra $1041 to my bank account 3 days before christmas and has messesd my bank account up, they have mad my account a mess and now i have 3 boys to finish up christmas shopping and my bank account has what money i have left on holddue to toshiba direct charging me twice, They have lied to me every time i called, my laptop took a month to be shipped, this whole ordeal has been a nightmare, I will never do business with toshiba again. Oh and toshiba said everything is ok because they will put the money back in 3-5 business days, but since my account is now 300 in the red i dont bet they will be paying for overdraft fees.

Toshibapower cord melts

I bought a Portege R705 a little over 1 year ago. In that time, my PC has been repaired 3 times. Each time I told (and have documents proving it) them that my power cord was not working properly. Each time, Toshiba ignored it. I called them last month stating that my cord was almost completly out and I really needed them to replace it, they stated that I was now 1 month past my warranty so I had to buy one. I stated that I requested one several times during my warranty. They didn't care, it wasn't their problem! This morning, my child was asleep in my bed, I was charging my Pc and went to move my computer to find that the cord was melting! It had melted on my bed and was in the process of melting into the port of my computer. When I called Toshiba, their response to me was, "can you call back Monday?" Flippin really???? Well, I am sick of their poor customer service, their joke of a "case manager" and the fact that they do not stand behind their product or take something like this seriously! I will be posting this story in every place I can find, alerting media, and looking into lawsuites!!! This could have been a disaster had I not caught it in time. It endangered my children, pets, and home...they will pay for making so light of this situation!!!

Toshiba HDTVlemon

I purchased a new 32” Toshiba HD TV; Model #32HL67 for $800. Early last year, 2010 I noticed that sometimes when I turned it on I was able to hear the sound but would see no picture. I called Toshiba’s Customer Service and was given a list of TV Repair shop phone numbers. I called Aid Audio & Television Service Corp., Flushing NY. It costs me $326.63 to repair (They repaired it twice because the 1st repair didn’t resolve the problem but neither did the 2nd) It’s now 2011 and I am still having the same problem. I have to turn it on and off about 15 to 20 times before it will show any picture. This is my 2nd Toshiba TV. I have no problem with the other one purchased in 1990s.

i bought a toshiba laptop and the screen died on me just after a year and the warranty has ran out. i call toshiba support department and asked for a price to fix. the person i was talking too could not give me a price. he told me to post the computer to them and when their engineer finds out what is wrong with it they will then give me a price. if then i do not like the price for repairing it, it will cost me £80 for them to return it or they will destroy it for free. what a scam? I will never buy another toshiba computer again because their after sale support service is disgraceful to say the least.

I think this is definitely a LEMON!! AM JUST SAYING WATCHOUT…

• Valerie Oct 16, 2007

I purchased a Toshiba HDTV model 23HLV84 in February, 2005. The television was defective, and it was replaced in May, 2005. The new remote broke by February, 2006, and it was replaced free of charge under the warranty. In July, 2007, a button on the replacement remote stopped working. Toshiba refuses to stand by their merchandise and replace the remote free of charge to me. I sent a letter to the president of the company. Rick Phillips, the customer service manager refused to stand by their merchandise.

I have had many devices with remote control modules, and I have never had one break. For a television and two remotes to be defective, Toshiba must have faulty manufacturing. There is no way I could have damaged one button on a remote, so it stopped working and all of the others are fine. I was told by Toshiba that the first remote likely had a bad sensor. That is what is wrong with the second one.

Be wary purchasing anything from Toshiba.

Toshiba Regza 32ps10zedefective tvs

We had a toshiba Vcr for more than 20 years and it worked fine. So, we decided that Thosiba was still maintaining the very same standerd and bought two Toshiba Regza 32" LED 32PS10ZE
        TVs.

But infortunately, it turned out tobe a hopeless tv. Led bleeding and jittery images. Looks like a cheap Lcd screen from the [protected] era leaving a trail of the image behind (blurry/fuzzy) and has a lot of jerky movement. In contrast to their promise of Smooth pictures it is as though we are watchin tv in the stone ages. We bought 2 unfortunately.

Toshiba should take these (Regza 32" LED 32PS10ZE) back and give us a full refund.

Toshiba Regza 32hopeless bleeding led jittery/lerky pic

TVs.

But infortunately, it turned out tobe a hopeless tv. Led bleeding and jittery images. Looks like a cheap Lcd screen from the [protected] era leaving a trail of the image behind and has a lot of jerky movement. In contrast to their promise of Smooth pictures it is as though we are watchin tv in the stone ages. We bought 2 unfortunately.

contact : [protected]@live.com

hopeless bleeding led jittery/lerky pic
          hopeless bleeding led jittery/lerky pic

• Ra
              raj5278 Oct 01, 2011

Yes, they should give full refund if they are honest and decent

Toshiba Satellite L775 — poor service

BOUGHT COMPUTER JULY 28, 2011 CONTACTED TOSHIBA SEPT 13, 2011 WITH PROBLEM THEY ASSIGNED CASE NUMBER AND SENT...

Montreal

Toshiba L655-s5060customer care

I bought the Toshiba L655-S5060 in July of 2010. I have only used it a few time when the problems started. Sent in in to be fixed they sent it back claiming to have repaired it. They claim the hard drive was replaced although no paperwork on what they allegedly fixed was included when it was shipped back to me. When I got ready to use the laptop after it was returned to me, the same problem was occurred it was not fixed. I later received a call indicating that, there was spillage in the laptop and that the warranty did not cover it, so I would need to pay over $300 dollars to have it repaired. I know for a fact that nothing was spilled onto the laptop. I was sold a defective laptop. The tech, customer service and corporate office have not been in contact with me so that I can file a formal complaint to the right dept. I am constantly placed on hold. DO NOT BUY TOSHIBA PRODUCTS CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL TREAT YOU LIKE CRAP. when they returned it back to be unfixed through UPS it was damaged when I opened the box. UPS came back the next day and sent it back to them as damaged and I am still waiting to hear something back from them. That was on July 29, 2011.

Toshibacustomer service/service dept.

My computer crashed. I had to send to Toshiba for repair. I followed the instructions to a T on how to send computer back to them. I packaged the computer, battery, adapter, and paper they wanted. I shipped the package Fed-Ex in the box they provided. I only received the computer back. My adapter and battery were not returned. I called customer service and was essentially told that I was lying and the service center never makes a mistake. I called back and a case was set up. I was promised a call back first thing Monday morning. No call. I called Monday evening and spoke with Emily, who might I say was rude and condescending. She told me again that the service center ALWAYS notes what is in the box. It could not have been Toshiba’s fault, but mine. She offered to give me a one life time GOODWILL credit and send me another charger and adapter. I had no choice, but to take it. I am a college student and need my computer. Either the service center made their first mistake or someone with Fed-Ex stole my battery and adapter. Toshiba’s customer service stinks. No one ever said sorry Ms. Customer maybe we made a mistake, it was always you did this. Essential they stole my battery and charger. Word to wise DO NOT BUY TOSHIBA!! Ohh and I waited on hold for over an hour each time I called them.

• Ti
                  Tien123 Jan 12, 2012

same problem only different in my case is that no goodwill credit. i have to go on ebay and buy a new battery. Please dont buy any toshiba product.

Toshiba America — bdx2200ku

I recently installed a BDX2200KU blu-ray disk player. It never worked right. I called Toshiba's support...

Toshiba 3010 Dynabookbad service

I bought my Toshiba 3010 Dynabook computer. These computers were advertised in US magazines and no caveats were issued about support for English users.

Recently I reformatted the HD and an upgraded Windows.

There are conflicts between English versions of Windows and the Dynabook 3010. Toshiba US and Canada admit they do not offer product support for these computers and so I contacted Toshiba Japan to see if they offered some minor suggestions but they suddenly stopped answering my emails for help (3rd email).

This has all the makings of a cover-up. Flood the market with a machine with design flaws and then later ignore customer requests for product support.

I paid twice the price for this computer that US consumers paid for the debugged US version released 8 months later.

The drivers from the Japanese web site don't load properly with Windows and the US drivers from Toshiba America cause problems with the sound system.

Would you want to do business with a computer manufacturer who charges a premium for a computer and then decides not to support an entire population of users?

Toshibawould not honor warranty for laptop

My son bought a toshiba laptop on 09/15/2010. within two weeks we had to go to fry's electric which was okayed by toshiba to fix the laptop because it would overheat, and fry's fixed it. About 6 weeks ago my son called me from school asking me to send his laptop to him, I got his mother to take to him. needless to say the laptop started to overheat again, so my son mailed it back home. I called toshiba about the problem and the warranty. Toshiba says take to fry's, I did, fry's says we can't touch it is toshibas product. So, I called toshiba and tell them this and they says fax them a copy of the warrnaty, I did. then toshiba calls back said they could not honor the warranty or give a refund on the warranty this still in effect this year but I can't get the laptop fixed or replace on toshiba warranty. Customers beware do not, do not buy any toshiba products. Go online and investigate before you buy. Be very careful because if you have aproblem with product toshiba will be there to help you and will lose your money and product. A SCREWED TOSHIBA COSTUMER

Toshiba Hd A3 DVD Playernot honoring warranty

Toshiba not honoring warranty. It was in the 1 year period. Took it to the bbb, case was closed because merchant advised the item was discontinued and no longer warrantied by Toshiba. Their reason for not honoring the warranty was "we discontinued the item and all merchants were not supposed to sell the items" . There are units being sold right now until this day. how would the customer/buyer know this? It would be like walking into best buy purchasing a 2000.00 Tv, 6 months later you are given notice by toshiba to update firmware, you update the firmware and your tv doesn't turn on. You contact Toshiba for Warranty repair and they say "We do not warranty these anymore and the merchant was not supposed to be selling them, so we do not cover your warranty." How is this fair to the buyer? so now your stuck with non working TV because of a firmware update that went wrong that Toshiba suggests and advises you do to improve your tv. I didnt even request for a refund, I just requested repair for the item, and or anything they could do to fix the issue and help. They were adamant to offer nothing, no compromise nothing, just that I'm stuck now with a non working dud. Thanks Toshiba, you really stand by your warranties.

• Tr
                        Trvkell Mar 24, 2011

I would take the BBB complaint to the business where you bought your TV, show them that Toshiba is stating that they were not supposed to sell you the TV.
                        If they state that they are and were authorised to sell that tv and current ones are being sold take a picture of the tv on the sales-floor (with a date stamp) and send the information to BBB.
                        This should clear up issues with the BBB or if Toshiba is correct and the retailer is selling product that they sould not then you need to have the retailer make it good.
                        There is nothing wrong with making companies accountable for their actions.

• Tr
                        Trvkell Mar 24, 2011

Ops I ment DVD player, TV=DVD player in my post

Toshiba 32& LCDawful warranty policy for toshiba - sta away from them

Bought a Toshiba 32C100U LCD television 90 days ago. I just bought a home theatre system and just found out the digital audio port does not work on the Toshiba. While this issue is covered by warranty the Toshiba consumer MUST PAY TO SHIP the defective product to the one location in the US that does repairs. Bottom line, buy a defective Toshiba product and then pay $40 to get the warranty work done - though this is not mentioned on the box or their website anywhere. Awful customer service. DON NOT BUY FROM TOSHIBA

Toshiba Digital Photocopierinternal problem

This headquarter has a Toshiba e studio 305 digital photocopier Ser No : CDJ916190 ::: MOdel No E DP 3570 with warranty. But this photocopier is not working properly and spraeding of ink through its side. You are requested to claer its defect early as possible. Mob No [protected]...
                        Email : [protected]@gmail.com

Toshiba Satellite A660bad computer, bad service

my toshiba nightmare
                          February 12, 2011

I'd been limping along with a Dell XP machine that never seemed to be as fast as I hoped. I decided to try a new brand. I picked out a souped up Toshiba satellite A660 with 6 gigs of ram. Cost me about $1300.00 with the warranty and docking station.

It arrived on December 7. It took me hours and hours to get my software and data transferred. And then, within a week, it started crashing. The hated blue screen of death. I had paid extra for a very fancy two year warranty. I called Toshiba service. After waiting on line for 20 minutes, I finally got some person with barely passable english who insisted that I needed to reformat the machine. This person made no effort whatsoever to find the problem. "That's the only thing that works for the blue screen of death, " she said. Redo all 20 plus hours of work to install everything? Without any guarantee that it would work when I was done?? No thanks. Over then text few weeks I decided to try various software tuneup kind of things, like Glary Utilities, Norton, etc. None of them worked. more blue screens of death. so I tried calling Toshiba again. I insisted on a tech support supervisor. after being put on hold interminably I was told there were none available, but one would call me. yeah, right.
                          Being the eternal optimist, I waited. I got a call. From customer relations. Not a tech person. I explained my problem. I want someone that will actually try to help my fix my computer, not some b.s. answer like reformat everything.
                          customer relations: I can't do that. I'm not a tech person
                          me: why did I get you? I wanted a tech support supervisor.
                          customer relations: I don't know, but I'll submit a full report.
                          me: what good will that do me?
                          customer relations: no good at all.
                          me: can you get me a tech support supervisor?
                          cr: hold on, I'll transfer you.

After waiting about 10 minutes on hold, I got a new person. A tech support supervisor? Of course not. Another customer relations person. I got the same non answers, except this one told me there are no tech support supervisors. I did learn that my fancy expensive warranty might be useful if I wanted to drive the computer about 60 miles to a third party repair shop.

So I tried finding someone at Toshiba who would care that the company sucked. I couldn't find anyone to call or email at any kind of headquarters. I finally started sending emails to the anonymous [protected]@ toshibadirect.com. I sent this anonymous address a running commentary of my problems.

I got a call!!! someone actually monitors those emails. A nice lady named Jenny. She promised to try and help. got me to (are you ready) another customer relations person. But this person was different. He's a geek. he told me unofficially to run a chkdsk and let him know if the problem was fixed. I did. It wasn't. Jenny called me and told me that they would send me a new computer. GREAT. Problem solved.

So I was contacted by Lauren Pxxxxx. She promised me a new computer. "send back the old one, and you'll get a new one about three weeks later" She sent me an RMA.

Um, you want me to spend 20 hours transferring data from the broken computer to where? wait 3 weeks for a new one, and then spend another 20 hours transferring the files to the new computer? No thank you

I wrote to her:
                          From: Daniel F... [mailto:[protected]@email address.com]
                          Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:17 PM
                          To: Pxxxx, Lauren
                          Subject: RE: Exchange

Lauren,

I received an email today with an RMA number. Perhaps I am confused. Are you expecting me to send in the current computer now and wait two weeks for the new one? That will be difficult for me. Even though it crashes on me I’m still using it. I thought I would keep this until the new one arrives, transfer the data, and then send back the old one. If you are expecting me to send in the old one now, that means I have to transfer everything twice. That is a very time consuming process, and normally does not work perfectly under the best of circumstances. I normally use pcmover which costs me about 50.00 for each transfer.

I would prefer to have to do it only once and only pay for one pcmover license.

Please let me know what your expectations are.

Lauren agreed. She sent me an email on January 19.

Hello Daniel,

So they are currently building your computer ~ that way you’ll have it in less that 2 weeks about ten days instead of 3 weeks. You should have your computer before you have to send it back. On the off chance that your new computer doesn’t arrive in time, you can also save all of your files on a cd or external hard drive that can be transferred onto your new computer. Once again, I apologize that you are having to go through this and am doing everything I can to get you the replacement faster.

I continued to limp along with one or two crashes every day. on January 31, I wrote to Lauren again.

Dear Ms. Pxxxx,

I have been limping along with my faulty laptop since you promised to send me a replacement. On January 19 you told me it would be 10 days. It’s now January 31 and my computer just crashed again. This time I can’t get it restarted.

Where is my new computer?

I got no reply.

I wrote to Jenny, my original savior: I copied Lauren.

Hi jenny,

When you first promised me a replacement computer I was very optimistic things would work out. Even though I would have to spend hours transferring everything from the current computer to the new one, and even though I would have to pay for another pcmover license, I figured that was good enough.

My optimism has faded because the new computer has not arrived. My RMA for the old computer has expired. The computer I have still crashes all the time, assuming I can even get it booted up. I sepnd a lot of time looking at the windows startup repair screen.

The last I heard anyting from Toshiba was lauren pxxxx's promise of jan 19 that I would have the computer in 10 days. I wrote to her yesterday or the day before and haven't gotten a reply.

What are you going to do to fix this?

No reply from jenny, either.
                          I think I wrote one more, got no response, and then this ultimatum on February 7.

Let me make this as clear as I can. I want a full refund or my new computer here by Friday. I don’t care where it comes from or how it gets here. If mine isn’t ready, send me a better one off of the shelf at no additional charge to me. I am tired of losing my work because this thing crashes.

If it is not here, I will sue Toshiba and I will contact every lawyer that I can (which clearly numbers in the thousands given the list servs I am on) as well as everyone on linked in, all technology websites, etc, and tell them how inept you are.

It’s astonishing how poor your service is, how much you lie, and how you don’t care about your customers.

NO response.

yesterday, Friday, at 2:06 I wrote this to Lauren and jenny:

I don’t see a computer or a check here. Do I take it that you are just going to ignore me and that I should start preparing my complaint?

Finally I got a response:

From: Pxxxx, Lauren [mailto:[protected]@toshibadirect.com]
                          Sent: February 11, 2011 2:28 PM
                          To: [protected]@email address.com
                          Subject: RE: computer

Good afternoon Daniel,

Per the return label information that was emailed to you, that label was never used. So unless you used your own shipping to return the computer, we have not yet received it. Did you use your own shipping and if so, what was the tracking number? The only way for us to issue the return credit OR to reissue you a new laptop was if first you returned the computer. Per our original conversation, I said I could book it as a new order to speed up the process if you wanted to do that and you declined.

At this point we need to the rather the tracking number for your return or, I can have a new return label set up to process you a full credit.

Am I crazy???? Didn't she promise to send me a new computer on january 19? This is my reply:

From: Daniel F... [mailto:[protected]@email address.com]
                          Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 12:45 PM
                          To: Pxxxx, Lauren
                          Subject: RE: computer

No. wrong. You said you would have the computer to me in 10 days before my RMA expired. We specifically talked about this and I’ve already sent you a copy of your own email confirming this. You have then ignored the two emails I sent you within the last week asking about this.

Are you telling me you never even started my new computer?
                          Send me a full refund today. Don’t give me any garbage about needing the computer back first. Your company screwed this up repeatedly, don’t put responsibility on me for your screwups.

If you can’t fix this, find someone who can. TODAY

And this is hers at 5:29 p.m:

I’ve received two emails and responded to both of them, before that the last one I received was on 01/19/2011. I saved a file with your information in it. I could only start building a computer for you with a credit card which is why I left you a voicemail before I went out of town on 01/19/2011. I’ve already requested a return label for your computer so you can be issued a full return. The only way for that to be processed is for you to return the computer. I’ll see you get that as soon as possible to ensure a faster credit. They will not issue you one without returning your computer first.

I apologize that your entire experience has been so negative and had only hoped to make it better per our first conversation. Since that is not the case, I will watch the tracker for your returned computer to ensure you are credited as soon as the factory receives it.

Lauren Pxxxx
                          Toshiba Direct Sales
                          [protected] ext 35242
                          Fax [protected]
                          ________________________________________

so now I've sent her the emails that she claims she never got. And I'm keeping my promise. I'm letting as many people as possible know that Toshiba sucks. The sad thing is, I like the computer. if only it wouldn't crash once or twice a day.

joester Jul 16, 2011

You are absolutely wrong. As from what you have explained you most certainly installed incompatible software on your computer. And then you don't follow instructions when a tech support person explicitly tells you that you have to format the computer. Obviously you would have to redo your work. That sort of happens to everyone, not just you. I too agree that Toshiba actually made a mistake by trying to keep you satisfied with their product but other than that they have not done anything wrong. Also its the policy of any company to first receive the defective laptop and only after that send a new one out. You are not a special case that they would actually bend company policies for you.
                              P.S. And mate about the guy with barely passable English, he probably knows more languages than you would even dream about learning. You cannot expect companies to have call centres for every sub language in the world and in every country. That just doesn't work.

Toshiba Qosmiopoor repair service

10-28-10 Noticed problem with laptop. There were red shadows appearing on the screen.

11-8-10 I called Toshiba Tech Support and they gave me two options: pay to take the unit to a UPS Store to ship unit back or wait for a from Toshiba box to ship the unit for free. I chose to wait for the box since the unit was still operational.

11-11-10 I received the box.

11-12-10 I arranged to ship the unit back.

11-16-10 According to the Toshiba Depot website Toshiba Depot had received the unit.

11-23-10ish Repair status as follows:

Repairs to your computer have begun, but a required part is not immediately available at the Toshiba Depot. When this happens, part availability typically extends the time it takes to complete a repair by no more than 10 business days, and often by just one or two days.

A technician will continue repairing your computer as soon as the required parts are available at the Toshiba Depot.

12-14-10 Repair status unchanged called Toshiba @ 7:45PM and waited on hold for 45 minutes.
                            Spoke to Willy. Willy advised I needed to call between 8AM 8PM EST. I was upset that I had called during those times and was on hold for 45 minutes. Willy refused to be of any more help. Very Disappointed with Willy.

12-15-10 Repair status still unchanged called Toshiba around 5. Stuck on hold for another 30 minutes. Transferred to another rep, waited on hold another 10 minutes. Was informed that company policy states that if laptop repair will take more than 21 days (day 29 at that point) a new laptop will be sent out. Rep wondered why the Repair Depot didn't call me or send me a new laptop since they knew the part my laptop needed was on back order til January 16th! Rep assured me that he would forward my case to the order desk and someone would call me within 3 business days, hopefully by the weekend (2 days). Gave that rep an accomendation.

12-21-10 No callback yet, called Toshiba. Only on hold for a combined total of 15 minutes on this call. Pretty irate at this point. Spoke to Chris. Chris said he didn't call because the flooding in California made it tough to find out if the warehouse has stock. He gave me three options:
                            1. Fair market value of my current laptop as a credit towards the purchase of another Toshiba laptop.
                            2. Wait for my laptop and they will give me another 6 months on my warranty making my laptop warrantied till 1-1-12ish.
                            3. Replacement with a new unit - only unit available has faster processor and 2GB more RAM. I accept option 3 and try for a Targus laptop case. Chris tells me no on the case but I could get the laptop by the new year if he can secure it for me by Friday - varifies my address.

12-28-10 No word from Toshiba call them back. Only 5 minutes on hold this time. Was told that Chris has no update at this point. Will call me tomorrow. Guess I won't have any laptop for the new year.

12-29-10 Called Toshiba back. Explained my situation to the customer care rep only to have her argue with me over something a previous rep had told me, something we had already gone past. On hold for 5 minutes while she gets Chris. On the phone for a total of 45 minutes. Chris said I have two options. He thinks he can give me a credit equal to the cost of an x500-q900s or I can wait to see if he can get me an x505-q8104 which would be a signifigant upgrade. I like the idea of an upgrade so I chose that option. Chris says he won't be able to get me an answer on that laptop till Jan 3rd. I was told he also tried to secure m an x500-q930 but was old no.

1-3-11 No word from Chris at Toshiba. I called at 7:15 and was told he left for the day. Asked the rep to have him call me tomorrow after 5. Rep checked the notes, nothing was noted on my reference number.

1-4-11 6:45, didn't hear from Chris so I called to Toshiba and spoke to a woman named Lacey. Explained my situation and she put me on hold. on Hold for 3 minutes, not too bad. Lacey informed me that Chris has left for the day - without calling me back to update me. Lacey left him another message to call me back. I told Lacey I will give him one more chance before I try to escalate this further.

1-5-11 Received Email from Chris saying the unit he was trying to get for me has been denied.

Email as follows:

Mr. Gordon,
                            I apologize that I have not been able to get in contact with you yet. I had seen a note on the case that it is better to attempt to contact you after 5 pm your local time which has been difficult as I have left work early the passed couple of days. I wanted to make sure that I could update you as to what has happened so far:

As of now, the request for the unit we had spoken about I was waiting for a response, was denied. At this point, the only real options we have is to give you the credit to Toshiba Direct to purchase the unit that had the same specifications as your current unit, or you can wait for the repair on your unit to complete and have the warranty extended on that unit. I will be in the office at my normal hours tomorrow, so I will check if anything else becomes available by then and still call you sometime around 5:00 pm your time.

Chris
                            Toshiba Order Desk

Unfortunatly I had my hopes up on this x505-q8104. Now the best he can offer is either wait for my current unit or enough credit on Toshiba Direct for a new x500-q900s. Since I was hoping for - nearly expecting - the upgraded x505 for all my troubles I am very disappointed in this development. I have been without a laptop now for 55 days so I decided to accept this offer (grudgingly) just to get his whole thing over with, I need a laptop. I called back within 15 minutes of receiving this email and was informed that Chris has again left for the day.

1-6-11 4:35 Chris called me back but since I asked him to call after 5 I was not able to take his call. I called Chris back at 4:54 and spoke to Josh, who was very nice. He put me on hold for 2 minutes to get Chris on the line. Chris reiterated to me what he said in the email. Since I need my laptop soon I chose to accept the credit to Toshiba Direct for the x500-q900s. Chris requested and I forwarded the original receipt for my original purchase which he received while on the phone with me. He said he will call me when the credit has been processed which will be in a couple of days.

1-8-11 Received an email from Toshiba's depot. My repaired laptop has been shipped back. I guess I can forget about that credit and new laptop.

1-10-11 Chris left a message on my answering machine telling me that the "Goodwill" credit he offered me for the q9005 has been denied. Now I can either wait for my repaired laptop, accept a laptop with only 564gb of hard drive space or accept the cost of my unit minus depreciation as a credit to buy a different Toshiba laptop. I did not call Chris back - I was too disgusted.

1-11-11 I emailed the Depot because their email to me didn't have a tracking number. They replied that I got a replacement unit so I will not be sent my repaired unit.

I called Customer Relations and explained my situation AGAIN and was told that Chris has left for the day. I requested to speak to anyone and was told that no one will take my call. I asked for the supervisor at the order desk and was told that all they have are email addresses and they will not give it to me. I asked for a supervisor at Customer Relations and was told that they do not take calls. The only thing the girl could do for me was to email the Depot to see if they sent my laptop to the refurbish center yet, if not she will ask them to hold onto it. I won't know till tomorrow if my laptop is gone.

1-12-11 Did not hear back from the rep who said she will call me back when her email is answered. Received a reply from the Depot instructing me to call Customer Relations @ [protected]. Called Toshiba back got Chris after 9 minutes of hold. He informed me that my unit will not be returned to me because once they begin the replacement process the repaired unit is sent to the refurbish center for resale. To be clear, I WAS NEVER INFORMED OF THIS, IN FACT CHRIS KEPT OFFERING ME MY REPAIRED UNIT AS AN OPTION. IT WAS ONLY AFTER I WAS TOLD IT WAS REPAIRED AND I WOULD NOT BE GETTING WAS I TOLD ABOUT THIS POLICY. So I can buy another unit with a "courtesy" credit of the full purchase price and (of course) pay them even more money to get a comparable unit (q900s, the only comparable unit is $100 more) and I got angry (in my opinion justified) and raised my voice and used foul language - but did not attack Chris personally. He hung up on me, telling to call back when I have calmed down.

Called back. Told the Customer Service rep that Chris hung up on me after I got angry and started yelling. Customer Service rep transferred me again to Chris even though I requested a different rep. She didn't even give me a warning that she was tranfering me to him. I was civil with Chris this time, kept my emotions, language and volume in check. I pleaded my case once more and explained to him that either choice he has given me leaves me worse off then when I bought the laptop. Told him that I paid for a laptop that had everything I needed and since through his actions - that laptop will not be returned to me (which would've meant no out of pocket expense for me) I have to accept an inferior model which does not have all I require, namely hard drive space, or pay them another $108 (figuring for tax) to get a laptop that includes what I originally purchased. Chris wouldn't budge, honestly the impression I got was that he wasn't paying much attention. I again requested to speak to someone above him and he said there was no one above him to speak to. I then mentioned that I made a complaint to the Better Business Office and he said, with a condescending tone in his voice, that he too works with the BBB point of contact and he has no doubt that she will come to him to find out what happened and when he talks to her he is sure the options will not change for me.

OK, now I definitely feel like I am being taken advantage of by someone who now just flat out refuses to budge. I am beginning to think Chris just doesn't like me.

Toshiba Laptopfaulty laptop

1 week after purchasing a new Toshiba laptop model:Sattelite R630-13U
                              from Al Futtaim UAE, the laptop froze while using it several times.the fan also made loud noises. we reported the problem to Redington Qatar W.L.L Doha, Qatar where we live, which had kept the laptop with them for 4-5 days with diagnostic software problem. they reformatted the hard disk as a solution to the problem from their point of view which was completely unacceptable to me, being a new laptop. but i had to accept to come over this problem. while ii used the laptop for the first time after repair i faced another problem which was shutting down of programs. please advice on what to do, since i feel very much disappointed and lost full trust in this product, so either replace it with a new one or i will smash it and throw it away.i cant waste my time running after service centers. your fast reply will be appreciated.

• Mo
                                  mohsen1972 May 22, 2011

Six months after buying the Toshiba laptop satellite A660-11M of pcworld in Manchester[uk] damaged it took to repair after of one month they sent back repaired again after 3 days my broken back I explained that of firsttime i had trouble with this laptop and sometimes would lock, but costomer service says we just can Do it fix for you i donnot know Toshiba products quality is so bad or just this problem happened to me if only my laptop has a problem why it do not change

Toshiba Directunauthorized withholding of my money

Ordered a laptop during Cyber Monday (2010) and was pretty happy... until I checked my bank account the day after when I came back from work. I had 3 orders instead of 1 and there were 3 pending charges on my bank account for around $600 each. I tried contacting their customer service but was answered by an automatic machine telling me that they were closed at 5 PST. Okay.. So I tried again the next day, was put on hold for 24 minutes to talk to someone until I finally lost my patience and hung up (Horrible music background). The next day I tried again and got lucky after only waiting for 7 minutes. I talked to a very pleasant lady that apologized and informed me that 2 out of my accidental 3 orders were cancelled and the charges should drop, which it did.. I got my $1, 200 back and I was a happy camper once again.

Today I got a text message alert from my Bank informing me that there were 2 charges of $600 each from Toshiba Direct (AGAIN?!) So I called Toshiba again and waited for 40 minutes to talk to someone.. This time the lady who answered me was rude and not very helpful. I tried explaining it to her that the charges were dropped a week ago and they reappeared today. I also explained to her that I needed to use the money. All she said was there was nothing they could do about it and told me (yes, TOLD me, not asked me) to wait 24-48 hrs for it to clear out.

I am very mad, frustrated and will NEVER buy anything from their website again after reading the other complaints about the laptops, I will also make sure that they put in the right specs on the laptop that I ordered.

unauthorized withholding of my money

Toshiba Satellite L305d-s5974worst customer service and computer I have ever had the misfortune to experience.

I have owned this piece of garbage since I have received it as a Christmas gift last year, and this is by far the worst computer I have ever owned in my life, not to mention the robots who work in the customer service department of Toshiba... My laptop broke a total of 8 times, and it somehow crashes completely in Internet
                                  Explorer, and I restart the computer, and Windows refuses to boot up, and I have to send the defective piece of trash for repair, and as soon as I get it back, the computer works for another month, then I come across the exact same problem, and send it back to the repair depot an extra 7 times, sending the computer to the
                                  repair depot one time per month, and I have just tried to at least obtain information on repairing the computer, and now this customer service robot says I will
                                  be charged $35 just to "troubleshoot" the machine, and I explained to it that "I will not be spending any more money on this computer, and it should of been fixed right the first time.", then it went on to try to sell me garbage by offers, and of course I have declined them all, and I hung up. I will never buy another Toshiba product ever again; their "customer service" tactics are sure barbaric, and they want you to send in the computer back to them as many times as you can, so they can gain profits in any way they can, so I highly recommend that you buy from Compaq, HP, or any other computer company than Toshiba, because if you buy from Toshiba, you will certainly regret it.

Toshibaautomatic bios password on new toshiba laptop

Had a brand Toshiba A300-1BZ new laptop purchased in UK, brought it to Nigeria. It was never removed from package. Brought it out this month, set it up. After all the initial setup, I shut it down. On the next restart, it came up with a BIOS password.

The Toshiba representative continued to STATE that there is no known BIOS password issue with that model and that the laptop is out of warranty.

You know what I think? Avoid Toshiba laptops because no one knows which can come up with a BIOS password - even Toshiba themselves don't know.

Asking me for a $300+ motherboard replacement for a brand new laptop of 600 pounds sterling.