TLG ID Securecharge to bank account

My bank account was charged $139.99 without my knowledge. I called them at [protected] and was told I had either cashed a check fromWomans Within or signed up online for identity protection theft .
Neither being true I asked for my money to be returned. I was advised this would take 1-2 business days and was given a cancellationcode number.
I am now waiting to see if they return the money.

Tina

• Ho
    hojaverde Mar 31, 2009

I just found the same debit of 139.99 on my account. The bank gave me a different number. [protected]. I have shopped a Roamans and Hips and Curves websites, but never the others you mentioned. What the hell is going on?!! How can people just debit from your account without your approval?

Completly Pissed!
    Colorado

• Je
    Jen May 25, 2009

I have found the same debit on my bank account as well for $139.99. I never authorized any debit of $139.99, I have to wait until Wednesday before I can call because everything is closed today but I don't understand how someone can charge my account without my permission, what happens if that would of caused me to overdraft my account???!! There has to be something we can do! this is not right!

• Ka
    KayK Aug 12, 2009

I made a purchase through Roaman's online and found a charge for $139.99 on our next CC bill. We sent a letter to our CC bank placing the charge in dispute and I called the number on the CC bill. I was told by the TLG ID Secure company (who profess to provide identity theft protection - HA!) that they would be refunding me the amount and they gave me a confirmation number. The next month our CC bill showed a refund of only $84.60 ($55.39 less than the full amount!). I just called them again and was told that the "eligable refund was released" to us. I demanded a refund of the remaining amount and was told it would be given. This time I had to ask for a confirmation number. We will have to send another letter back to our CC company in order to continue the dispute until the we see the remainder refunded. What a pain. One key thing when asking for your money back, stay calm, be firm, and try to be polite. The guy on the other end of the phone didn't do this to you, his company did and if you are not unkind to him/her, they usually try to be very helpful.

One thing's for sure - I'm never spending another dime with any of these clothing companies!