TLG Great Funcharge on credit card

K

We have no idea why charges of $11.99 are appearing on our Bank Statement. We never noticed it until doing our taxes this year and going through our expenses. This is quite insidious. there is an 800 number that we will try to call in the morning. We appreciated finding others with this complaint on this site which is making us think that this is, in fact, something fraudulent or at the very least a misrepresentation of some kind of service. We appears that whatever it is we're being charged for was something we never intended to purchase - whatever that something might be !

• Co
    Coojo Feb 08, 2013

Same thing happened to me. Sad mistake I made was I never checked my statements until now, 4 yrs of 11.99 a month. I filed a dispute through my bank and claim against TLG. They guy had the nerve to ask me if I still wanted to keep the membership while on the phone with the claims rep.

sammibrandt Nov 26, 2011

I also have an unauthorized charge on my bank statement from TLG Great Fun and have no idea what it is for.

MOMMY25 Oct 05, 2011

I just called this so called "company" because they been withrawing 12.99 a month since I don't know when, and I had no idea. So I called and they offered me a $25 gift card to keep their services!!!What services? I don't even know what they do or offer or anything!!! I'm willing to go as far as I have to go to get my money back. They been getting this amount of money since 2017, I don't even wanna do my math to know the exact amount, cuz now going through my bank statments sometimes they will charge it twice a month. This people are going to hear from ALL of us!!!

Jane Davis Apr 24, 2011

Yes, David. This company is a scam. I worked there - for a marketing group who is in cohoots to extract your bankcard information and to charge you until you close your account. DO NOT EVER DIVULGE OR PROVIDE YOUR BANKCARD INFORMATION TO ANYONE UNDER THE GUISE OF SELLING GREAT FUN OR SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE. DO NOT fill out online surveys providing your phone number and demographics -- they are trolling for victims. That's the simple, short, and not-so-sweet of it. Your name and information is sold at high dollars to mass marketing telemarketing companies, and it's extremely difficult to get out of . After 25 years in the legal field and working there? This company called "Think Direct Marketing Group, Inc." has a pending class-action lawsuit against it and should be closed down. Immediately. It's not the telemarketers fault, tho, most of us didn't know it was a scam because we never had access to the programs GREAT FUN or SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE -- only read scripts -- and hourly/commission rates were known until they figured out what kind of profit they wanted to make for that week.

Monroe210 Feb 13, 2011

I just noticed that TLG charged me two payments this month of 15.99 each. Who are they and who do we see about kicking butt and getting refunds? Anyonme know????? This is a criminal act if all of us are having the same thing happen to us. Anyone had a similar invident from "free shipping"? I can only think of one culprit, "Toys R Us". I bought some of my daughters Christmas there because I am unable to stand or walk for long periods. I did my Christmas shopping online and I have these two weird charges now! I hate Toys R Us. They do not even have wheelchairs at their stores.

Mister T Dec 20, 2010

I have no idea who these people are, I contacted them last month when I noticed a 15.00 charge to my debit card. I`ve never received any notices or material in the mail about any membership. I checked my debit cards last 10 transactions and there was that 15.00 charge again. I told the representative of TLC Great Fun that I wanted to cancel the membership that I never signed up for. I was told that no more charges would be made to my card. well they lied. How can i get a full refund?

Mister T Dec 20, 2010

Another Vic Sep 29, 2010

Yep! Just this month, 129.99 charged to my credit card, by TLG JUST FOR ME. I had never heard of these people before. WHY CAN"T THEY BE STOPPED ??

• Ju
    Jude Jul 12, 2010

An $11.99 charge was posted to our Visa, and I didn't recognize the company nor remembered any item that was purchased. When I called to negate the charge, I was told that the charge was for something I signed "Yes" to online. I am very careful not to do that because I'd been caught before, but must have done this with some internet purchase. The fast talking rep told me that the membership was good till July 11, 2017, so we shall see... Her last words were, " I will keep your account active." I said, "No!" as she hung up. I will call again to unsubscribe--will let you know how it goes.

• Pg
    pgpopkin May 17, 2010

TLG*Great Fun charged my credit card twice in six months alleging I signed up for membership when I purchased an item from FootSmart. TLG*Great Fun, if they are not operating fraudulently, are certainly operating deceptively verging on a scam. They said they will credit my credit card (I don't even know they got my number).
    They better or they will be sued.

• To
    TooDisgusted Mar 10, 2010

My charge card was fraudulently charged. They claimed I had a transaction thru another company (that I never heard of) and then said I signed up for a membership...which I never did. I contacted the Company via the 800 number and they at first refused to refund the $14.99 until I said I would turn them in. The agent then passed me onto the supervisor, whom decided to refund the $14.99 saying it will take 7 days for the transaction to go thru...I will monitor this to make sure I get my refund. This is a scam!!!

• Je
    Jeanne Brewster Feb 01, 2010

Both TLG Great Fun and Trvlady have been billing my debit account and I have not been able to cancel them or have any rewards...

• Fu
    FunNewJersey is a scam Dec 21, 2009

Fun New Jersey or funnewjersey.com is a scam. They sold my information to 50 different companies.
    Do not give them your information!

Joyce Hanlon Nov 28, 2009

I have been receiving charges of $11.99 from this company since Jan. 2017. They refunded 4 months back but I was told to write to the main office which I did on Nov. 9. They did not respond. It is a scam and fraudulent use of a credit card. It should be investigated. I have absolutely no idea what the charges were for and they couldn't tell me when I called. This is the second time I got caught in this type of scam. The other time I received my credit back. I will be reporting this fraudulent use of a credit card to the BBB.

joseph kyriakakis Nov 05, 2009

This is a SCAM! Could not get a refund.

This is a Scam!

joseph kyriakakis Nov 05, 2009

I have been paying this charge for over one year. I could not get a refund. This definitely a SCAM!

Mosker Nov 05, 2009

I recieved a phone call from an agency associated with my bank on 5-6-09. They told me that a company that is known to be associated with fraud charged my bank account for 12.99. I thought that someone had stolen my debit card number and was using it. Turns out that this company got MY information from a website where I had purchased checks. When I called them, the opening recording stated that I was supposed to have recieved membership information and a billing statement. I never recieved either. When I asked why I had never recieved this information, I was told that I probable threw it away. HOW WOULD THEY KNOW?!!! They never sent it! I proceded to tell them that by using my information and taking money from me without my permission was theft. These people have no remorse for the hundreds (or maybe thousands) of people that they have stolen from. If anyone wants to try to do something to stop these people, e-mail me at [[email protected]] (link: mailto:[email protected]). If enough of us get together, maybe we can stop these criminals. I only lost thirteen dollars, but I've read many stories about people who have lost more because of this company. Let's shut them down.

AndE76 Sep 29, 2009

I recieved bill for 11.99 for several months which were not authorized.

I called their no [protected] and cancelled the unauthorized service but got rebilled the next month and now they dont answer their calls. the company is tlg greatfn and apparently gained access to my account through priceline when my daughter booked a trip. they must be a off shore company because the waiting music on their phone no. is really off the wall and the first call sounded Indian.

the Credit card co. has blocked them but i wonder if this is a larger con.

• Gr
    GregDave Sep 02, 2009

This company some how got my debit card infor mation and deducted out of my account, how did they do this? 16.99 I am trying to find out who they are and how they could do this without my permission. I do not understant!!! We all work hard for our money, and should be safe from this kind of company to be able to come in and just take my money, I am going to try to get my money back but who can be contacted to sto this kind of action!!! I am upset because it takes my time to do this .

• La
    Lavonta Norwood Jul 30, 2009

TLG GREAT FUN ARE SCAM ARTIST. BEWARE OF THEM YOU MAY ORDER SOMETHING ON LINE FROM SOMEONE ELSE. THEY'LL CHARGE YOUR CARD $14.99 WITHOUT YOU EVER SPEAKIN TO NO ONE

• Ha
    hager9 Jul 25, 2009

this company has debited my checking account 2 months for 12.99. i did not authorize any charges out and connot get a live person on the phone. Is there anything i can do before getting my lawyers involved?

• Jc
    jcl Jun 12, 2009

I just found the same thing happened to me. I checked the BBB and no one has posted any complaints. I plan on it tomorrow along with the AG as well. Please follow through, we need to stop them! They have billed me for almost $100 and I think it was somehow linked to a purchase I made on Orbitz. If thats the case I will be going after Orbitz as well!

• Br
    browneyedgirlmrn Jun 05, 2009

Today, I found I had a $35 charge on my credit card from TLG Great Fun. I got their number from my visa company (thank you USAA) and called TLG [protected]. The story they gave me was: 2 years ago I signed up with Columbia House Records (CHR) and in doing so I received an email from CHR agreeing to use TLG's discount service or pay for it in two years. To stop this part of the agreement, I had to reply to this email, in which I did not (because I didn't know anything about it).

The truth is, I canceled my 10+ year account with CHR 2 years ago. At that time, I had fulfilled all of my obligations with them. If this is true, how TLG got my credit card info. this give CHR a very BAD NAME!

Even with 20 minutes of error messages, I emailed CHR this morning requesting access to my account to remove my credit card info. But because of TLG and CHR, I am canceling this credit card to STOP THIS MADNESS! I know the economy is bad folk this is outright stealing. I will never use or recommend Columbia House Records again!

PS I am also filing this with the Ohio Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau.

mamba Jun 04, 2009

This is unbelievable. I joined classmates over a year ago and it has just come to my attention that these thieves have been debiting my bank account since I joined classmates! I had no idea and am righteously upset and after reading several posts realize that I like hundreds of others have fallen prey to another online scam. It is amazing that companies like this continue to operate. I would be very interested in joining a class action lawsuit if anyone knows of one and am calling my attorney ASAP to see if there is anything that can be done. I will also be contacting classmates and canceling my subscription with them. Thoroughly disgusted with companies like this and the lying, stealing crooks that operate them!

• Se
    seattlematt May 21, 2009

This was a mis-guided click of a mouse when signing up for classmates .com.
    They offer coupons for 30 days then charge $12.99 per month if you don't do anything, don't remember the issue...no body cares..operator error...WTF?
    They will cancel and send vouchers for food and gas from anywhere. You sent the reciepts back to them and they right you a check in 10-12 days. WOW.

• Je
    Jen May 12, 2009

EVERYON GO ON
    Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System to file a complaint and you could get your money back. Maybe if the businees gets enough complaints they will be fined or shut down!! I'm in the process now!

Jen

• Da
    DaveDpS Apr 28, 2009

PRICELINE gives our credit card information to this company... I think they should be held responsible! How are we going to stop these small fraudulent companies when the bigger ones we are supposed to trust are in on it. I've lost hundreds on this deal. Thanks Priceline!!! Screw your cheap hotels! Put them both out of business!!!

• Ve
    verrante Apr 28, 2009

I just happened to look at a recent itemized statement from my CLOSED Capital One Credit Card account and noticed a single charge for $11.99 from TLG*GREATFN15070642MAR [protected] CT. I contacted this company and discovered that I had been charged for SEVERAL billing cycles for a service that I have NEVER used and had no idea what the charges were for. Someone please help get rid of these parasitic companies. They're ruining the trust of the American consumer and are playing a big part in the downfall of our economy. I'm going to put this complaint up on Facebook and Twitter as well. Time to put crooks like this out of business, doncha think?

• Am
    amber Apr 07, 2009

I was charged $35.99 twice, and I have no idea what this if for. When calling my credit card company to see what the charges were for, the rep said they get calls like this for TLG Great Fun all the time. If that is the case where is the red flag here? The supervisor at Great fun said my account was opened by a pop up that appeared on my screen while purchasing music on line. Watch out for these pop ups. They managed to get my card information just from the pop up add and the use of my card on line. This company should be stopped. I have already contacted the BBB about this.

• Do
    Donna Apr 07, 2009

I know personally of 3 others besides myself who have had the same problem with Great Fun. Now, my son who is serving in IRAQ, is being victimized by them! He can't do anything about it while he's deployed, so they're making tons of money from him. This is sick.

Why can't this company be stopped? Can we all get together and get a class action suit against them?

mike Mar 14, 2009

This company charged my credit card without authorization for 12.99 each month . I cancelled the card 3 times and finally closed the account. Please stop . the phone number does not offer any help. they put you on hold and then never pick up.

I think it is a phone scam as well. Dangerous company. aPut them out of business

• As
    ash Mar 04, 2009

They took £249.99 out of my account on 3rd march 2017, what number did you ring? please help...thanks

• Mk
    Mking1276 Feb 25, 2009

This company is a crooked, CROOKED company!!! I just found a charge of $36.99 charged to my card. I called 3 different phone numbers before I finally got a valid number. After a long, heated conversation, and also threatening to turn this over to the Police department for fraudulently charging my card, low a behold, they found my account!!! The strange thing though, they have an address and information from 4 years ago, but they have a card number from my checking account and debit card that was just opened in 2017!! Once they found my account, they found that I had actually been charged 3 times since September of 2017. They say that they "will refund the entire amount due to me being so upset". Watch out using your credit card online people!!!

• Ro
    Roger Feb 13, 2009

I looked at my checking account today to see that I have become the latest victim of this so called "company".

I am sure that it was from the classmates site that I joined a few months ago.

I have read about 100 of the other complaints and no one has a solution other than to cancel your credit card number. How sad, that this place can do this and that places like classmates and priceline and fandango use them.

Perhaps the controller of this site can post a shortcut directly to the BBB, or some other fraud business reporting agency.

Johnny Clark II Jan 22, 2009

TLG Great Fun has been charging my bank account since the 1st of the year. there charging $12.99 and I want it to stop and I want to ge my money back . The fowllowing dates below are the dates I've been charged: 1-31-08, 3-3-08, 4-1-08, and 5-2-08. Please let me know what I can do to get my money back. The total amount that has been charged is $51.96. I really need that money. I have enough problems paying bills without having money stolen out of my account

• Ri
    rippedoffboater Dec 04, 2008

I just got off the phone for my second time with these frauds. First I spoke with Billy who gave me incorrect information and it has been 3 months and I have still to receive a refund. Then I was informed that the first joke gave me the wrong information and then I spoke with stacy who so sincerely apologized for the inconvenience and actually told me that I wouldn't receive a credit until at least 5 weeks. They sure didn't need to wait to illegally charge my bank account.

• Tr
    trudy Dec 04, 2008

I have been chaged many many times by this company tlg greatfn... I have cancelled it a few times with them, only to be charged again on my c card just a few days later! I am really bull about this as I never did order anything from this company. I called my c card co today and they told me they were filling out a form about it... they also told me that there was basically nothing they could do since that company has the bank number... i change in my c card number would not do any good. What if my c card was stollen? changing my account number wouldn't do any good? I am very dissapointed to know of this. If it happens again, I will get another c card from another company, transfer my balance over and that should be the end of the problem... I hope... I never knew this could happen that these merchants can get this information without someone actually using their card at their business... sad, , but true! Does reporting to the better business bureau help???

• Pe
    Pezhman Ali Pourpezheshege Dec 02, 2008

This compnay is a total scam. I never signed up and they charged me for over a year when I never received anything. This should be illegal on the internet.

Annetta Varner Nov 26, 2008

I also am a victim of this scam I reserved a parking space by the Airport and they got my credit card # off my reservation I call them and canceled it 3 week ago and than today I received a card (great Fun) in the mail. When I call them again their message says it is closed for the holidays I am not done with them. Is there a was to bring a class action LAW suit against them maybe this should happen .