Thrifty Car Rentalscam

K

Thrifty Rental agent is a good scam artist & his performance supported by Thrifty Customer Service. Agent basically lied about the ease to refuel vehicle driving in from highway. Traffic on highway was bad & I was running a little tight to drop off time. There was no gas stations along route to drop off, so I had to return vehicle without refilling. Charge was $112.00 for 12 gallons of gas. A complete joke. The other item that you need to watch for is the LDW, which the agent said quite emphatically that credit card insurance benefits do not cover vans nor SUV's. I thought mine did cover it but was not sure & therefore not willing to risk it. When I got home I checked & my card did cover vans & SUV's used as passenger vehicle. Another $107.00 out of my pocket.
Could I have avoided these charges? To some degree - if I had more time before drop off & if I had my credit card insurance policy with me - I suppose so. But when you are at the counter with the agent, your decisions are based on the information the agent provides you. An this agent was very good at providing mis-information. Never again Thrifty!!!