Thomasvillefurniture quality and service

If you value your time and money, DO NOT order anything from Thomasville. GO TO POTTERY BARN. THEIR MERCHANDISE IS EXCELLENT, STANDS UP WELL FOR YEARS, IS MADE IN THE USA MOST OF THE TIME AND IS LESS PRICEY THAN THOMASVILLE. My husband and I ordered $12, 000 of furniture from Thomasville, and boy, at the time, we got treated very nicely, something that quickly changed when we encountered several problems with their merchandise. We ordered a bedroom set, couch and matching chair and a dinette collection as well as coffee and side tables. Once the couch and chair arrived, we started to notice the cushioned becoming depressed and the upholstery was staining from natural body oil from hands and arms. The same thing happened to the matching chair. It doesn't end there: the dinette table was scratching easily simply by sliding a placemat across it! The matching dinette chairs (6) did not have the same color upholstery! We had to wait another 6-8 weeks for them to rectify the couch and chair situation and when they did, the sofa came with nail heads that were never originally ordered (with the manager of the store blaming us for not paying proper attention to the new work order that we signed) and the chair seat cushion was the wrong color. I was informed that they could take off the nail heads and return the couch to me.Well, sick and tired of waiting and fighting with them for proper furniture, I asked for my money back for the couch and chair and that is when the horrible attitudes began at all levels: the store manager, the general manager and the owner whose exact words were, "what do you expect me to do about it? Is it too much to ask that I review your order and call you back?!" Bottom line: Thomasville is franchised, therefore, you are out of luck and are at the mercy of its employees since there is no mother company to complain to.

• Me
    Mel Deane Feb 07, 2009

We purchase a Thomasville suite of furniture for our living room, just over 2 years ago. We were persuaded by the sales executive, to also purchase the "everything covered" Guardsman insurance policy at the same time.

Recently, the stitching on one of the pieces started to unravel. Thomasville will not repair, because it is over 12 months old - and the Insurance company will not cover, because it's due to poor workmanship!

So, buyers beware - the "everything covered" insurance policy does not cover poor workmanship...

• Ha
    HanF51 Jan 04, 2010

Never again. Over $3700 in an office suite. Received multiple guarantees from the sales staff of this store that what was represented on the floor would be delivered to my door. While some furniture pieces were made in China, others were made in North Carolina. The Chinese furniture seemed better quality. The North Carolina furniture was of poorer quality. Even the finishes from the different plants did not match. North Carolina had worm hole distress marking, and the Chinese did not. We wound up purchasing off the floor damaged pieces (better quality China furniture) in order to save something from the deal. Sales staff would not refund despite their own verbal and written guarantee. These people don't abide by their own verbal and written statements. Assuming this establishment remains open, count on us to never give any recommendation for a Thomasville purchase!!!

• Ej
    ejmootz Oct 08, 2013

Today was the final straw! I ordered kitchen cabinets via the Home Depot...what a disaster. The first order had cabinet pieces with different color faces. Home Depot re ordered...the next batch also had mismatched stain. The third time, Thomasville sent out a representative...he agreed the stains were mismatched, we re ordered and sent a cabinet front to ensure a stain match...we reordered five pieces, they sent four. Today my contractor arrived, for the fourth time, and the new parts are all three inches too deep. My contractor is currently ripping them to size but...the boxes weren't glued together very well and they're falling apart. What junk!!!