Having problems with The Pep Boys?

The Pep Boys reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 26, 2006. The latest review Appointment schedule not honored was posted on Sep 14, 2021. The latest complaint Service on 2000 ford excursion was resolved on Apr 07, 2021. The Pep Boys has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 400 reviews. The Pep Boys has resolved 149 complaints.

The Pep Boys Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 737 2697 (Customer Service)
+1 888 418 2298 (Rewards Program)
+1 888 829 1420 (Rebates)
+1 888 396 8254 (Pep Boys Credit Card:)
+1 888 545 8532 (Property Management - Maintenance)
+1 800 553 5338 (Fleet Services)
+1 778 729 2855 (Bulk Sales)
3111 West Allegheny Avenue
Thu7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 7:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Pep Boys Customer Service. Initial The Pep Boys complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Pep Boys above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Pep Boys. Discuss the issues you have had with The Pep Boys and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

The Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews, Page 10

Pepboys Auto/service Center — discrimination

I am a current employee at Pepboys and I despise going to work. I am the only black female who works in the...

Pep Boys — bait and switch tires deal

Looked up the tires I needed on their web site for the store (1649) in Pinellas Park Florida. The ad stated...

Pep Boys — horrible service

Went to PepBoys and asked them to install new tires on my car. The person I spoke to said that they were to...

Pep Boyspoor customer service

I have never had a good experience with Pep Boys store in Montgomery, Al . The store is located on the eastern bypass. There are new employees at the desk every time I go in and they never acknowledge your presence or if you ask them a question, they usually can't answer it. I went in today, picked up a wiper blade and took it to the counter. There was one employee there to check out and he was busy trying to help a mechanic figure a way to get more hours on a job. I stood there about 2 minutes and left after no one even spoke to me.

Pep Boys — tires/rebate was offered then taken back/fourth tire should of been free as to ad.

I had my car in for all tires to be replaced, oil change.alignment on tires. I was told the fourth tire I...

Pep Boystire change

My husband took my truck to this location in December 2015 to have a new set of tires put on the truck. This week we noticed that the front driver side was making a strange noise. My husband thought that it was the brake pads and/or rotors that could be making the noise. We purchased material to fix it and then my husband made the terrifying discovery that the lug nuts were coming off! The wheel could have literally come off of the truck because they did not tightened them properly! We are extremely unhappy with this because that is extremely dangerous. Now my husband has to check all four tires to ensure that all of the lug nuts are tightened properly. When you take your vehicle to a shop to be repaired/fixed, you shouldn't have to go behind them and check their work. We will never go back to this Pep Boys for anything! Poor quality work!

Pep Boys — oil change 12/08/2015 order#2150697 / [protected] pep reward#

I was asked if I wanted a new air filter during the oil change and they showed me a really dirty filter and...

Pep Boys — doing work not needed for car!

I went to pep boys on 10/11/2015 at 1:15pm in Brooklyn, N.Y for an engine light on. I was told I needed a...

Pep Boysridiculous pricing

I've gone all over Nashville, and have paid for tires for each of my children's car as well. However, Pep Boys charges triple the amount for any and every service they do. DO NOT GO THERE! You will get ripped off. They were charging $200 for breaks, which at many other places would only be about $89. For tires they charge triple and have a lot of hidden fees. As someone who knows the value of my hard earned money, I'm warning others not to waste their time.

Pep Boysforgot to put oil back in my car

I just want to warn people about the Pep Boys in Winter haven, Florida. They were supposed to fix my oil leak (which they didn't even do) and when I picked up my car they had forgot to put oil back in my car. Not to mention they fixed most of what was causing the oil leak, but left me with a very very slow oil leak remaining that I ended up having another mechanic fix after I noticed a couple of months later. The big deal is that they returned my car to me with no oil in my car (which I found out 10 miles later by the warning light and my car requiring 4 qts of oil just to get it to register on the dipstick). Then they denied this and refused to take any responsibility. And if after adding 5 qts of oil to my car I still had above the "low oil mark" 2 months later, then how did 4 quarts leak out in 10 miles when they were hired to fix the oil leak anyway. Plus the guys in the office were complete liars and quoted me a price and then when I said I couldn't afford it they would call back saying they had given me the wrong price and could fix for this price back and forth and it was piss poor business. Just fair warning. You'll be like me and pay $480 for something another mechanic has to redo later.

Pep Boys — rudeness of store manager

I went to the Pep Boys store on Friday, June 12, 2015 in Bossier City, LA. I went there to exchange a Bosch...

Pep Boysretaliation

I am sure this complaint will probably never show up on the complaint board but I was reading all the complaints about Pep Boys and I just want the customers to know people who work for Pep Boys get treated just as worst if not even worsted than the customers and we have no one to complaint to oh yeah they say HR but HR only protect those who they like, those who are submissive and afraid of them HR is your worst friend in most work places Pep Boys HR is no different so to the many customers with complaints you have more of a chance of getting a resolution than someone who actually work for Pep Boys and has management issues

Pep Boys — right tire came off truck after work

My wife took our 2001 F150 truck for brake pad replacements while I was out of town. Pep Boys South Lakeland...

Pep Boys - Aurora, ILtires I did not need

I got a nail in my tire and took my car to Pep Boys because it was close to the job and they offered $19.99 to plug in the hole. Got there and the guy tells me I need four new tires...now mind you I had taken my car to the car dealership a month prior for an oil change and they did a complete check and told me my tires were good for at least another year...so I told the guy at Pep Boys no thanks and to take my car off the rack...he wanted me to come and look but I refused and just told him to take my car off the rack. He did and gave me my keys...I then took my car to the dealership and they not only removed the nail and plugged the hole, they washed by car and didn't charge me a dime. When I told the guy at the dealership about Pep Boys he told me they were trying to take advantage of me because my tires were just fine. DO NOT go to Pep Boys they are rip-off artists.

• Mk
                MkStItCh Nov 12, 2014

Just to put this in the proper context... The dealer wants to sell you a car as often as possible and pep boys wants to sell you repairs as often as possible SO... ???

Pep Boys — sorry service

Took my tahoe in for a oil change, like i have done for a couple of years now. Got there early so i...

Pep Boysbad service - lying

Went for an oil change and tire rotation. Picked car up and drove @ 20 yards before it started knocking. My toyota prius has 116, 000 miles and my other one 77, 000 and neither one has EVER KNOCKED Felt like it was about to stall out so before I drove right back in. By this time all sorts of warning lights were on.

45 minutes later the general manager and another supervisor person come and tell me they are not positive but it looks like a cylinder failed. They both denied doing anything wrong during the oil change, and it was just a coincidence it failed in the 20 yards they drove it into the bay and back out. Then they told me I should leave it overnight and how worried they were about my making it home. I haven't heard that ### in 35 years, but knew that the Prius could drive without any cylinders or gas and still get home - it's a HYBRID !!

Next day I drive it all around town and there is no knocking anymore (how did the failed cylinder heal itself??) Next day my local mechanic - Jeff at Phillips and Lee in Marblehead, gives it a look. He plugs a device into the onboard computer, finds out what warning lights went on, and quickly learns they unhooked a hose in the front of the engine - which explained the knocking. Car is running fine, and everyone I tell about PEP BOYS also knows someone who had a crap repair job or was lied to by their mechanics.

PEP BOYS general manager could have fessed up, said we'll give you the next oil change free or a free tune-up, but instead tried to sell me a huge repair job that I didn't need.

Pep Boysbrakes

I went to PEP boys about two weeks ago to have my brakes checked. I checked on the internet and their site offered free brake inspection. Once I got there they told me it would be $19.95(?). I asked about the "free" and that is only if they do the work. Finally got the free.
                After close to an hour, and a report that I needed new brakes all around, new rotors and drums. The total? $701, if I didn't need callipers also. (What are the odds?) That whatever I did I needed to get it done real soon, as the front brakes were in bad shape. The rear brakes weren't quite as bad, but should be replaced in the near future.
                Well today I pulled my front brakes apart. Maybe 1/3 of the pads were worn away. The rotors? Not a scratch, very good condition. Since I had already torn the front end apart, I went ahead and replaced them. When I took the rear drums off, I found that without a micrometer, I couldn't tell how much they had worn. Holding the new brakes up to the old, you could see that there was a little wear, less than a quarter of the brakes pads were gone. I left the rear brakes on & put the drums back on, & drove over to pep boys to tell them what I thought.
                I will never buy anything from pep boys again. I can't help but wonder how many older people have paid for work and parts they didn't need. From what I saw today, I would bet that they are ripping off a lot off people.

• Tw
                    TWG transport Aug 24, 2014

These guys at the Gallatin rd pep boys are great they always take the time to tell what's going on with your vehicle and treat you like your family that's why I have been coming here for years and will continue to come back
                    Fast and friendly says it all !!!
                    Terry G

Pep Boys — service / repairs / warranty pro guard

I had taken my Volvo to get the struts replaced at another Pep Boys prior to finding the one in Westminister...

Pep Boys Store 0926mr. lonso melendez & joel diaz

I has been a customer for years in the last 3yrs. I has been expended over $4, 421.USD My last visited was on 2014 07 22 Work Service #2200161 for a noise on the Brake. My car was more than 60 Hours from 2014 07 22 at 07.36.33 AM to [protected] PM and make me a charge of $794.39 USD.For on unnecessary Job..Mr.Quinonez General Manager.Mr.Alfonso Melendez and Mr.Joel Diaz all agree that the problem on the Brakes was electronic.Mr. Quinonez .signed a note, to. me buy the Part from other auto part and they will repair with out charge.I will a 3rt. Independent Technician verify if this Job Has being doing ...I request a list Part used and Job Time sheet ...I apprecied your attention Thank You [protected]@gmail.com [protected]

Pep Boys — run away!

Brought my car in for an alignment. They said they could not do the alignment without replacing the brake...

Callaway