The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development Logo

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development

Having problems with The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development?

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development Customer Service Contacts

+1 609 659 9045 (Office of the Commissioner)
+1 609 292 7586 (Income Security)
+1 609 292 2460 (Unemployment Insurance)
+1 609 292 2810 (Employer Accounts)
+1 609 292 7060 (Temporary Disability and Family Leave Insurance)
+1 866 920 6997 (Disability Determination Services)
+1 609 777 4304 (Fraud Prevention & Risk Management)
+1 609 292 2000 (Workforce Development)
+1 609 984 9414 (Economic Opportunity)
+1 609 292 5987 (Vocational Rehabilitation Services)
+1 609 984 4437 (Adult Education and Literacy)
+1 609 777 1042 (Employment Services)
+1 609 292 5834 (Workforce Operations and Business Services)
+1 609 984 2841 (Communications & Marketing)
+1 609 292 2643 (Office of Research & Information)
+1 609 984 2593 (Labor Market and Demographic Research)
+1 609 292 0021 (Workforce Research & Analytics)
1 John Fitch Plaza, P.O. Box 110
Trenton, New Jersey
United States - 08625-0110

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development Customer Service. Initial The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Discuss the issues you have had with The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development Complaints & Reviews

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce DevelopmentUnpaid benifits

Confiramation number njs20016574988 - where is my money ? lost job week of 10/4/20 and filed that week. New job started 11/2/20. Joseph george lahita [protected] cell - every time i call in for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks i can not connect to a human. You require 350 ch so there you have it.

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce DevelopmentNew jersey unemployment department

I have been trying to file a claim for unemployment with nj unemployement since 1/24/21. Each time I try to submit the application online I get a message that my identity can not be authenticated.
    I tried to contact the office and each time the same message is played do to high call volume we can answer your call.
    Since lexisnexis is used to verify the identity of all applicants, I called them and they said I was verified that nj unemployment is blocking people from applying.

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce DevelopmentNew Jersey Labor Department and Computer Glitches

Hello my name is Scott Rann and I live in Somerset, NJ. On October 17th, my benefits were exhausted from my unemployment claim. I was told to wait for information regarding applying for PEUC. I haven't received a notice and in 126 days, I have been able to phone through to one person, who told me they didn't have the ability to help. Please assist!

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Developmentunemployment insurance

filed my unemployment on 12/20/2020, i was approved and awarded a WBA of $446.00 with a balance of over $11, 250.00 in my account.
        when i log on to claim weekly benefits the site says "error" the claim ended on 12/20/2020 and that i have to file a new claim. if i file a new claim, it says "error" you have an active account, please file for weekly benefits on your designated scheduled time.
        MY COMPLAINT IS THIS.
        for 8 weeks i have been trying to get through to someone to correct the "glitch" that will take 2 minutes, but it is impossible to do so.
        i have left message on the chat message board, the response says i will receive an email or regular mail message regarding my problem. NO MESSAGE EVER COMES. I HAVE SENT DOZENS OF EMAIL, WITH NO RESPONSE. I HAVE SAT ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS PER DAY, ONLY TO BE TOLD TO CALL TOMORROW AFTER 1.5 HOURS ON HOLD AND PUTTING IN INFO REPEATEDLY. I HAVE SENT HARD COPY LETTTERS IN THE MAIL, AND EVEN CONTACTED GOVENOR MURPHY'S OFFICE MORE THEN SEVERAL TIMES WITH NO RESPONSE FORM ANYONE AT ALL.
        YOU SHOULD ALL BE A SHAMED OF YOURSELVES, THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.
        MY WIFE HAS LOST HER BUSINESS DUE TO LOCKDOWNS AND CLOSURES AND NOW I GET LAID OFF BUT CAN'T EVEN GET MY OWN MONEY! THE STATE OF NJ IS JUST INHUMAIN!!! AT 60 YEARS OLD MY WIFE AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BORROW FROM FAMILY TO EAT OR CASH OUT OUR RETIREMENT EARLY TO LIVE. WHAT DO WE DO IN 5 YEARS WHEN WE ARE SUPPOSED TO RETIRE AND HAVE NOTHING?
        I HAVE SPENT 8 WEEKS TRYING TO GET BENEFITS THAT ARE ALREADY APPROVED AND SITTING THERE, WHILE MY CARS ARE ABOUT TO GET REPOSESSED! SHAME ON YOU NJ.
        I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU ARE EVEN THE OFFICE I SHOULD COMPLAIN TO HOWEVER UNEMPLOYMENT SITE DOES NOT HAVE A DIRECT COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT OR NUMBER, AND NO ONE ELSE THAT I HAVE CONTACTED HAS RESPONDED.
        A VERY UNHAPPEN NJ RESIDENT
        REINALDO MONDACA
        [protected]
        [protected]@aol.com
        ***-**-2419
        717 RIVERVIEW DR TOTOWA NJ 07512

Feb 03, 2021

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development — NJ Unemployment Insurance

Unemployed since 1/19/21. I am unable to complete an unemployment claim on line. I complete the Eligibly...

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce DevelopmentI am complaining about my lack of unemployment checks

I filed for unemployment 11/30/20 and received nothing except error messages.

I refiled 3 weeks ago and finally got through, just to read it is un-payable .

Nobody is ever avalible to talk to at unemployment or the governors office.

I need this money it is drastically changing everything.

Please reach me at,

[protected]@yahoo.com

[protected].

ASAP!

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce DevelopmentWeekly Claims for Unemployment Insurance

No Payments Received Since 10-26-2020, I Keep Filing Weekly, But I haven't received AN Email Or Contact from NJ UI about my problem for OVER 14 weeks. NO ONE IS HELPING ME AT ALL!!! Who Can I Complain To???

My Unemployment Insurance Claim Status
            Account information shown below has been updated as of yesterday. Please allow 24 hours for the system to reflect any updates to the status of your claim.

Claim Status: Filed
            Date of Claim: 07/05/2020
            Weekly Benefit Rate: $562
            Remaining Balance: $7306
            Next Payable Week: 01/16/2021
            Last Week Paid: 10/24/2020
            Last Paid Amount: $506.00

I Cannot Pay My Bills, I Need Help!!!

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce DevelopmentDivision of Unemployment Insurance

I was receiving unemployment insurance up until the week ending 8/29/20, in which the initial 26-week claim had expired. I never received the automatic extension and have been waiting ever since. After continuously calling day after day, all day long, I finally spoke with a rep who told me my case would be escalated to a special department for further assistance. That was around mid October, 3 months later no word. Finally got in contact with a rep on 1/20/21 and was told I had to file a new claim online, which did not go through due to "identity verification" issues. Not sure what the issue is since all my information is exactly the same from my previous claim. I'm now being told that my claim will be escalating to a special department once again and the processing time may take up to 8 weeks, which would mean it's been 7 months since I received any payment. I understand we are in a pandemic and the system and workers are overwhelmed, but this is completely unacceptable. At this point I'm not sure who to turn to, who do I need to contact to get remedy?

Jan 14, 2021

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development — Unemployment insurance claims

From Victor Colon [protected] 08/02/1962 [protected] My Unemployment Insurance Claim Status Is TOTALLY...

Oct 21, 2020

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development — Complaint about Jonathan (sherdel supervisor)

My name is richie and I am a contractor for sherdel moving company which operates out of hillside new jersey...

Oct 14, 2020

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development — Get my unemployment claims

Please help!!! I incorrectly hit the wrong button when filing my claim back in july. I immediately filled out...

Sep 24, 2020

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development — Unemployment

I was claiming my unemployment back in July 2020 on my iphone. However, I was rushing and made the biggest...

Jun 20, 2020

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development — My claim was approved, but no money ended up in my direct deposit account!

My unemployment claim due to my furlough/Covid status was filed and approved on 5/8/2020. To date, I have NOT...

Jun 11, 2020

I was working as a temporary employee for the Dept of Human Services in Edison. I live in Fords. I was laid...

Jun 02, 2020

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development — Unemployment compensation 6/2/20

This will be the third time I contacted your office concerning my Unemployment benefit. I was working as a...

Apr 30, 2020

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development — I am trying to update my password

Iam trying to reapply for unemployment. i have not received any unemployment payments since the beginning of...

Apr 20, 2020

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development — Unemployment benefits

This is the second time I will be sending this complaint. I was laid off on March 17 by order of Gov. Murphy...

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce DevelopmentCan’t get thru to unemployment of nj. I have been trying for 16 days from 8:30 to 4:30

I ha e been trying for the last 16 days to get thru to. J dept of unemployment from 8:30 to 4:30. I was laid off on March 31 and need the money to pay.my rent! Mary Ann Sheppard. [protected]@yahoo.com. [protected]. [protected]. Thank you. I work for st.Clair CPA in Merchantville, nj. I tried to file on line but they said I ha e to speak to an agent because I have a claim from last year. S y thing you can do to help me would be most appreciated. Thank you again,

Apr 16, 2020

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development — Unemployment due to the coronavirus

I worked for Apidel Technologies at the Department of human Services in Edison. I was laid off on March 17...

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce DevelopmentUnemployment benefits

Hello,
                  I was scheduled for a phone appointment with NJ Dept of Labor Unemployment at 10:40 am today. They called me and I answered the phone, and the fellow on the line asked if he could transfer me to another line and I said okay. When he did, it was a fax line which was giving out a loud fax transmission signal. I stayed on the line regardless figuring he would pick it up but he didn't and it then went to a fast busy signal and hung up.

Therefore, I never got to speak to him and don't know what the outcome of my eligibillity for benefits is. My claimant id no is [protected]. In addition, I need to speak to someone because I am receiving way less than my weekly income was before the layoff due to Covid19.

Please help me to correct this. My phone number is [protected].