California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] Logo

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]

Having problems with California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]?

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 24, 2008. The latest review dmv manteca manager inappropriate and ineffective handling of stolen vehicle reported to her was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint drivers license never received was resolved on Nov 19, 2019. California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 134 reviews. California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] has resolved 11 complaints.

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 368 4327 (Hearing Impaired: TTY)
2415 1st Ave., Mail Station C271
SatClosed
SunClosed
DMV Public Offices

General Vehicle Registration Address, for USPS
Vehicle Registration Operations, Department of Motor Vehicles, PO Box 942869, Sacramento, CA 94269-0001

General Vehicle Registration Address, for FedEx, UPS, etc.
Vehicle Registration Operations, Department of Motor Vehicles, 2415 1st Ave., Mail Station C271, Sacramento, CA 95818-2606

General Driver License Address
Driver License Inquires, Department of Motor Vehicles, PO Box 942890, Sacramento, CA 94290-0001

International Customers
Department of Motor Vehicles, Customer Communications, MS H165, PO Box 932345, Sacramento, CA 94232-3450

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] Complaints & Reviews

Apr 07, 2021

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] — dmv manteca manager inappropriate and ineffective handling of stolen vehicle reported to her

I recently traveled to Manteca DMV Field Office in order to officially transfer title to my vehicle (just...

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Renewal of car registration

After an accident August 2019, at which the other driver was found at fault, my car was declared a "salvage". But after repairs were made, and arbitration with my insurance company, it was reversed & letters were sent by Mercury Insurance to DMV 3 times, May 2020, Sept 2020 and Feb 2021. I renewed my car registration in July 2020 (DMV cashed the check) but still have not yet received the renewal or the car tags, despite numerous letters and supporting documentation sent to DMV Sacramento. The latest information was mailed by certified mail addressed to "Manager" and I did get a return receipt on Feb 18, 2021, so they did indeed receive it. Also, I am not able to talk with anyone via phone since "high volume of calls, call back later". And I cannot get any help via the computer system chat line. License number 5SHD193. Vin (last 5 numbers) 11282. How can I resolve this?

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Not getting my driver license though I paid

I paid to renew my drivers license in october 2017, they we don't mail to p.o. box, oh we need a picture so i lost my debit and could not get in to my bank account. I lost everything I owned including my son's ashes. I called state senator office and all I had to do was pay again. I have written letters called and this is a joke, oh I have five tags for the same year same car so s.s.i. is deducting my so called over payment yet I'm innocent...
    Oh I went to get a new i.d because I moved to Northern California, the employee was rude she put my old address on the new one, her response is next. I don't care who or where you work I know high people also oh they also misspelled the street address the new employee's of today are worthless

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Waiting for a title

Our customer traded in her vehicle on 6/17/20. We have been trying to get a title for it since. We are in round 3 of sending docs to the rush title dept. V#19xfb2f5xce349083 sent notice of address change, statement of facts, application for duplicate title. Our conf# dmv-vo: 494865 — case # [protected] [ref:_00dt0gyxg._500t0yegke:ref] last sent fedex on 1/7/21 tracking# [protected]. Still waiting...

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Vehicle registration

DMV employee unregistered my truck without permission when saw mailing address was different than physical address and they won't change it back without me paying to fix their screw up. This has gone on for almost 1 1/2 yrs now without me being able to use my truck in any way. Also never a call back from manager like I was told I would months ago. This has cost me not only to have to pay for public transportation, money to pay private people for rides where public wasn't available for time or place I need to go, but also cost me on money I could have been earning hauling and towing with the truck as it was registered as a commercial vehicle to do so for a reason. I was told on the phone that I would have to have to pay to have the truck inspected and all cost just like it was a new vehicle transferred from another state into CA. As this was not something that was done with any permission to the DMV, I should not have to pay anything for this to be fixed ASAP.

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Mailed in registration payments

As a business, we have a large fleet that requires registration renewals. I mailed out a payment for 5 vehicles, and the DMV claimed they never received it, they made me wait 10 weeks before I can send in another check. In addition, I sent another payment for 5 additional vehicles, and the DMV sent back a notice that a check was not included. I personally sent out the check with the appropriate attachments, I can without a doubt say the necessary items were included in my mailed packet. I believe their DMV employees do not want to process multiple registrations at once and purposely return registrations noted as "no check attached"

California Department of Motor VehiclesDrivers licence renewal and ca identification card

4 to six weeks ago I went into dmv I paid $55.00 to get my license back. I had complied with all dmv requirements for dui. I also paid for a ca identification card and took a new picture I have received niether. I have onlya expired identification card. Please mail both as soon as possible my license should be for up to at least my birthday of 2021. My id should be until 2026. Kelly mercer 235 east holly street apt 105, pasadena ca 91101. Today is november 17th 2020. My bank wont even talk to me without a valid id. Send immediatly. I paid for both c218896 thank you. My phone number is [protected].

Nov 15, 2020

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] — No registration sent for nearly 6 weeks after smog

Disgusting service and they didn't even pretend it was a covid related delay!!! I paid online for my...

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Handicapped placard

My PCP and I applied for a handicap placard back in April for :
              Rosalind Gorges
              1336 Boulevard way 103#
              Walnut creek CA.94595
              DL#C6223250
              I am in end stage kidney failure and need to access closer parking. I have not heard from DMV regarding my request.Please find out the status of my request.
              [protected]@comcast.net
              Thank you in advance R.Gorges

Sep 24, 2020

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] — Identification card

I visited the Norco DMV on September 2, 2020 to get a new ID because license was suspended/expired and no...

Sep 08, 2020

California DMV — Paperwork required from my optometrist for a driving test

I went to DMV on March 4, 2020 to renew my license which was going to expire on April 9, 2020. I only went...

Sep 03, 2020

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] — California dmv special processing unit - disable parking handicap placard not received

I am filing a complaint against Sacramento DMV, the Special Processing Unit that handles Disabled DMV Parking...

Aug 21, 2020

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] — Transfer of ownership/registration

I purchased a used SUV in March and went in person to my local DMV on the following Friday to begin the...

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Poor customer service

Manteca, CA office. 8-17-20. My daughter and I waited in line for her to get an ID card. We were given a number in a timely manner. From there it seemed to go bad.
                1) We were told we could not wait on DMV property, for our number to be called. We were told to wait in our cars. (We had masks and were distancing.)
                2) We were told she needed additional paperwork. We drove 15 miles home and came back and were told it wasn't sufficient.
                3) We returned the next day at 11:30 with her reservation card from the previous day and were told it was not valid and no "walk-ins" for the remainder of the day.
                4) We have tried multiple times to make an appointment, but no appointments can be made on line for getting her ID card.
                5) Went to Tracy branch on 8-18-20. No walk-in appointments after 11:30 because they close at 3 pm.
                Please extend the walk-in times and please allow appointments for ID cards. Thanks. Gary [protected]

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Vehicle registration

Every single year when it's time for me to pay my registration for some odd reason DMV bills me for all tickets even though tickets were paid and when I tried to pay registration only asking me for full payment plus tickets that I paid several months ago and this continues to happen. Cheating me out of money and sending me back and forth to my local DMV to complain about the problems which they are no help only route me back to DMV in Sacramento California still no help with the issue

Jul 29, 2020

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] — Registration refund

Submitted the refund application on-line after I paid colorado registration fees. That was on feb. 22, 2020...

California DMVNo appointments to reissue my past suspended driving privilege

My license was suspended then released by Child Support services as of last Monday but I cannot get an appointment to pay and have it reissued. I am a disabled senior nearing 70 years of age and can't drive legally to get food, medicine or see my physicians or care for my disabled children and wife.

HELP...this is a 911 request.

James
                    [protected]@aol.com

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Discrimination

My license needs to be renewed by the end of the month. I was told I needed to go to a DMV office and renew in person. I am a disabled person recovering from severe trauma to my legs, ankles, and feet. There's usually a separate DMV line for disabled people to handle their business. At the Glendale DMV Office I was told very bluntly that there isn't a handicap line and that I'd have to stand for two hours to get my license. I told them that standing for long periods is very painful for me. The DMV officer replied that my options were to stand and be in pain or not get my license. I understand these people are stressed out, but this is uncalled for and extremely discriminating.

Jul 02, 2020

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] — Unable to register a new vehicle

I purchased a small camp trailer in Utah and towed it back to California in April, right in the middle of the...

California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Application for refund

January 2020, I submitted an Applction for Refund for my 2000 Nissan, plate# A924A0 with several attachments explaining the reason for my refund.

It is now June 2020 and after fedexing it to DMV since they lost the original refund request, the sent me yet aother letter requesting a reason for the refund. Seriously? wait another 3 weeks? Come on