City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality Logo

City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality

Having problems with City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality?

+27 123 589 999 (Customer Service)
+27 124 272 111 (Call Centre (Pieter Delport Centre)
+27 123 582 111 (Call Centre (Pieter Delport Centre)
Cnr Van der Walt and Vermeulen Streets, Munitoria Building
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Good day

Request assistance to rectify account as below.

Account [protected] City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality Outstanding balance of R 70516.24
D C & L. JACOBS
Rooihuiskraal avenue 501
CENTURION
KOSMOSDAL X 13

The above property was sold to LP Zulu in August 2013. To date I have received ongoing warnings that the above account is still outstanding although my account was settled by the Attorneys on 7/8/2013. On numerous occasions I sent proof thereof to Sibusiso2 Mgemane of KUNENE RAMAPALA INCORPORATED (with their reference no as COT5402) who does debt collection on City of Tswane's behalf.

Can you please assist that City of Tswane rectify the account details as I do not owe any money. Please see documents attached from my attorney as well as the settlement amount that was paid to City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality in August 2013.
Kind regards
Dawie Jacobs

• Updated by Dawid Cornelius · Jul 22, 2020

Please assist so that my account with City of Tswane Metropolitan Council be rectified as I sold the property in August 2013 and do not owe any money as the last account was paid by my attorney who dealt with the sale of the property

• Updated by Dawid Cornelius · Jul 22, 2020

see attached

Comments

Service delivery

kindly assist me with this matter i reported cable theft on the 10th of march reference no 422/10 till today nobody attended my matter i call the free call no to check everyday dey tell me they esscaled the matter .. my adress is 3119 ofentse street, nellmapius ext 4 .. and the main thing i am stayin with my grandmother and she is using a breathing machine of which i have to plug it at my neighbours .. and due to her condition without electricity if smthing bad happens affected her health i will heal the city of tshwane responsible for that .. from Nelly Sephesu [protected]

Wrong billing,

Invoice [protected] is for Swart CF, Wingate Park & me, Van der Walt LL.

The invoice mix both the accounts/ amounts for my account. It charge for Erf belasting, water, sanitasie.

My invoice [protected] dated 26/02/20.
I don't pay for Erf belasting, water, sanitasie since we stay in a flat and this is covered in the levy.

Please rectify as a matter of urgency. I don't want my electricity to be disconnected for Tshwane's error.

Kind regards
Lana Luzane Keet (Van der Walt)
ID: [protected]
Tel: [protected]

miscellaneous charges appearing on water and electricity bill.

In October 2019 I received a statement from the City of Tshwane that included a line item titled...

electricity

Good Day

We have since logged a call for power failure with ref number 1191/6 on Friday the 06th December. Till today the call has not been attended. When following up, you will be told that the call has been escalated. But till today no one from Tshwane has come to our house. My account is up to date for me to be sitting for more that 10 days without electricity. This is not he kind of service we have to pay for. All my groceries are in the dustbin due to this. Please attend to this

• Updated by Peter Thobakgale · Dec 17, 2019

So everything in the fridge has rotten and we are living on takeaways due to this. City of Tshwane must compensate us for the loss since this problem

community services

Good day

I the community member of Soshanguve ext 13, would like to report a lake of speedy services by the municipal workers of the city of Tshwane, this concerns me in way that it upsets me, this is not the first time this is happening but would like to bring this to your attention, my concern is about wastage of water around my area, just to give you one practical example on the 1st of November the water Pipe in my area busted and it took municipal worked more 3 days to fix the leakage while a lot of water was wasted in a courty were water is in a scarcity, I am of a feeling that the city of tshwane does not care much about seeing that this commodity of is preserved. I hope my concern is taken into account.

my account ([protected])

More than 20yrs ago Tshwane moved my power meter outside my house as it was against the wall inside. Now we are getting falsely accused of removing a cerquit breaker within the power box. Why would we do that if it is posable. All those years our power were cut high on the poles. I Have been complaining on the Tshwane email which I registered on with a password. Only one time there were a response of the helpdeck asking somebody to assist me. I demand that those extra monies be cleared of my account. You cant blame clients for that if Tshwane is responsible for those power boxes outside which use to be locked by them YEARS ago. We did go to Tshwane buildings and even nersa. We have names all around of Tshwane personal that's sending you away with promises to contact you and never do. As a paying customer I am asking please fix my account by taking of that unlawfully monies as my account are fully paid for my monthly ussages. Please contact me on [protected] thank you.

prepaid box not working

I have reported my prepaid meter which was not working on Friday and was allocated a reference number of 426/1 and a technician was sent on Saturday who indicated they have sent a wrong technician and will reallocate the reference to the technician who works with meter boxes and that never happened and on Sunday when was trying to follow up i realized that the reference was closed as attended to and was given a new reference number 530 and again a technician was allocated and came and also-ran indicated that they have sent a wrong technician i have tried the whole day to get assistance and even called the councilor but I have not been assisted i really don't know what else to do

Trusting the above will receive your favorable attention

Name : Mrs Mampane
Number : [protected]
Address : 24 Bergvaring street Karen Park
Email : [protected]@saps.gov.za

diverse charge for removal of installation perm dt 9624923 of r22 723.94

Account no: [protected]
328 27th Ave
Pierneefrant

I have been charged for an amount of R22 723.94 for a alleged illegal installion on my property that is being rented out. My tenants are not aware of such an illegal installation. I am a pensioner and cannot afford this charge - what to do???

Please contact me urgently for assistance.

Talita Killian
[protected]@hotel224.com

by laws

The municipality, is not implementing its by laws, even when we complain. There is a growing number of food...

services bill for r771000

This property was subdivided and sold in 2014. account was closed in 2015, 2016 and again in 2018. Now I received a new bill for R771000.
Please help.
Some of the emails below

From: Floris Coetzee [mailto:[protected]@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 February 2018 09:25 AM
To: [protected]@tshwane.gov.za; Du Preez de Villiers ; Lutwama, Rachel ; BBT Admin ; lynnwoodkwagga
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Re: RE: Re: Termination of account [protected]

Morning concilia

As per our telephone conversation, please find below here some of the correspondence and attached the proof of closure of the account in September 2016 with reference number and credit amount of ~R1000.

[protected]@stijldevelopments.com

Subject: Re: Re: RE: Re: Termination of account [protected]
Cc:

Good morning mr.Mompati VictorMokoena. Can you please tell me to which offices I should go to close the electricity, water and sanitation and wastage removal parts of the Rivka Trading account, [protected]?

Good day.

Kindly note that you will need to visit our office to close the account. Please bring with you a signed letter of authorization (If you are sending someone else) together with the ID's/certified ID copies of the old and the new owner.

[protected]@tshwane.gov.za

Re: RE: Re: Termination of account [protected]

Good day.

Kindly note that a letter of authorization will be required.And should be accompanied by both your Identity books and should be signed.

[protected]@tshwane.gov.za

CC:

Rachel Lutwama Neighbours ;Theresa Mogale ;Eunice N. Nkwentsha ;Evah m. Mohlala ;Ramothibe S. Molopyane ;Du Preez de Villiers

RE: Re: Termination of account [protected]

Thank you, I reside in Cape Town, so will be asking new owner to assist in this regard. Please confirm if any letter of authorization is required.

Good day

Thank you for logging your query with us, kindly visit your nearest walk in center to close below mentioned account.

CC:

Eunice N. Nkwentsha ;Rachel Lutwama Neighbours ;Evah m. Mohlala ;Ramothibe S. Molopyane ;Theresa Mogale ;[protected]@tshwane.gov.za

Re: Termination of account [protected]

Good day Everyone

I went to the municipal finance department in Pretorius street yesterday to try and close the old Rivka Trading account, [protected] and to ask for the removal of the old dangerous live cable hanging over Jacques Hennings's house. I went to room 205 and the lady managed to close the rates and taxes part. Now someone still has to close the electricity, water & sanitation and waste removal parts at all the different departments all over the city, before the account can be closed.

Our account is already on R144 000 and nobody is using it for a long time. Can someone please help!

Dear Sir /Madam

Kindly find the attached statement, please send us proof of payment within 7 days.

Credit Control and Dept Collection

Group Financial Services Department | 4th floor | Sammy marks | Lilian Ngoyi and Madiba Street

Pretoria | PO Box 440 | 0001 | www.tshwane.gov.za

Email: [protected]@Tshwane.gov.za

Tell: [protected]

• Updated by [email protected] · Sep 30, 2019

Account number 5001250351, property subdivided in 2014, account closed in 2015, 2016 and again in 2018. Just received a new bill for R771000
    PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
    Emails below :

Dear  Stefan and Alex

Please would you assist to resolve the matters below as it appears to be a problem form valuation ( not having the subdivision) and form accounts

Groete/Kind Regards

Ms Siobhan Muller

Cllr/Raadslid Ward 82/Wyk 82

Member : Oversight Committee - Economic Development and Spatial Planning

DA Spokesperson for Spatial Development

082 454 9244

[email protected]

Power Failure: SMS (power) and Acc nr to 082 612 0333 or 44676  / 24 hour call centre to 012 358 9999

Show quoted text

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Dankie du Preez

Dag Stefan and others.

We discussed this matter in the emails  below last year and the years before that, and after receiving no bills for over a year, I today received attached bill for R703 000.

The property was subdivided and sold many years ago.

Please let me know if it is possible for you to assist in sorting this out?

If not, please refer me to someone who can.

Rivka Trading 130cc

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 14:18 Stefan Bester, wrote:

Show quoted text

Dankie Stefan for the swift reply. Please advise if there is any way to do this application remotely, since all members of the disbanded company are living abroad or in western cape.

Please advise

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, 08:21 Stefan Bester, wrote:

Good Morning

The account was charged for "permanent removal of the electricity connection" of R615 600.00 on the 21.02.2018 with additional financial charges for interest and disconnections after date of registration.

The application for reversals can be done by our Credit Control offices at:

•             Centurion - Centurion Municipal Building, cnr Clifton and Rabie Streets, Lyttelton Manor.

•             Akasia - 16 Dale Avenue, Karen Park.

•             Pretoria CBD - Shop 119, First Floor, Tramshed Building, 324 Francis Baard street.

Stefan Bester
    Customer Care Consultant

Inner City Office | Room 4 | Sammy Marks | Corner Madiba and Sisulu Street | Pretoria | 0002 |

PO Box 440 | Pretoria | 0001 | www.tshwane.gov.za

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:14 PM
    To: Stefan Bester
    Cc: Siobhan Muller ; Du Preez de Villiers ; Alex Jonker
    Subject: Re: Rekening 5001250351 probleem 529 Dawnstraat Lynnwoord

Dankie du Preez

Dag Stefan and others.

The property was subdivided and sold many years ago.

Please let me know if it is possible for you to assist in sorting this out?

If not, please refer me to someone who can.

Rivka Trading 130cc

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 14:18 Stefan Bester, wrote:

Good Afternoon

The problem occurred due to the water and electricity meters which was not removed from our system for stand 764. The account is still being charged for estimated consumption and Credit Control charges.

The matter was forwarded to our Water and Electricity Departments for the meters to be removed, and the estimated consumption to be credit. A request will be sent for the Credit Control charges to be removed as soon as the meters are removed.

Reference number: 302812651 (Water) 302812657 (Electricity).

Stefan Bester
    Customer Care Consultant

PO Box 440 | Pretoria | 0001 | www.tshwane.gov.za

Tel: 012 358 3156 | Email: [email protected]

From: Siobhan Muller [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Monday, June 11, 2018 1:40 PM
    To: Stefan Bester; Alex Jonker
    Cc: 'Du Preez de Villiers'; 'Floris Coetzee'
    Subject: RE: Rekening 5001250351 probleem 529 Dawnstraat Lynnwoord

Sent: Monday, 11 June 2018 13:16
    To: [email protected]; Floris Coetzee
    Subject: Fwd: Rekening 5001250351 probleem 529 Dawnstraat Lynnwoord

Goeiedag Siobhan

Die volgende eiendom en vorige eienaar is ter sprake: RIVKA TRADING 130 CC / ERF 764 LYNNWOOD EXT 1

Ons probeer nou al twee jaar om die vorige eienaar, Floris Coetzee, van erf 764 in Dawnstraat, Lynnwood se munisipale rekening toe te maak. Hy het 3 jaar gelede sy erf in drie dele onderverdeel en daar het 'n fout ingesluip met die allokasie van die erwe. Restant is in die tyd omgeruil terwyl nuwe rekeninge oopgemaak is. Die oorspronklike rekening is nou oorbodig.

Ek was al telkemale in die afgelope twee jaar by die munisipaliteit en word van stuurboord na bakboord gestuur en kry konflikterende inligting. Die rekening se bedrag styg nou eksponensieel en trek al oor die R700 000 terwyl daar geen dienste geeis word nie. Almal op die nuwe drie erwe betaal reeds hulle eie water, sanitasie, elektrisiteit en vullis verwydering.

Die vorige eienaar het onlangs 'n kennisgewing gekry dat hy geswartlys gaan word.

Ons het beide 'n klomp eposkommunikasie met die munisipaliteit as ek dit vir jou kan aanstuur.

Jou dringende aandag sal waardeer word.

By voorbaat dank.

Sel: +27 82 598 7329

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Hi Ilse /Leonora

Hoop dit gaan goed

Ons het steeds 'n probleem met hierdie eiendom se rekening, (emails hieronder as jul lus is vir die hele storie, kry gerus popcorn en ietsie te drinke...) - die jongste is vir 'n bedrag van R615500, vyf jaar nadat die eiendom verkoop is, 8j nadat onderverdeling gedoen is, blykbaar vir 'n "disconnection fee"

Het jul dalk enige kontakte by stadsraad wat voor ons hierdie probleem kan oplos sonder dat een van ons hoef Pretoria toe te vlieg om in 'n ry te kom staan?

Sal waardeer, dankie

Sent: 14 February 2018 09:25 AM
    To: [email protected]; Du Preez de Villiers ; Lutwama, Rachel ; BBT Admin ; lynnwoodkwagga
    Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Re: RE: Re: Termination of account 5001250351

Subject: Re: Re: RE: Re: Termination of account 5001250351
    Cc:

Good morning mr.Mompati VictorMokoena. Can you please tell me to which offices I should go to close the electricity, water and sanitation and wastage removal parts of the Rivka Trading account, 5001250351?

Good day.

Kindly note that you will need to visit our office to close the account. Please bring with you a signed letter of authorization (If you are sending someone else) together with the ID's/certified ID copies of the old and the new owner.

Re: RE: Re: Termination of account 5001250351

RE: Re: Termination of account 5001250351

CC:

Eunice N. Nkwentsha ;Rachel Lutwama Neighbours ;Evah m. Mohlala ;Ramothibe S. Molopyane ;Theresa Mogale ;[email protected]

Re: Termination of account 5001250351

Good day Everyone

I went to the municipal finance department in Pretorius street yesterday to try and close the old Rivka Trading account, 5001250351 and to ask for the removal of the old dangerous live cable hanging over Jacques Hennings's house. I went to room 205 and the lady managed to close the rates and taxes part. Now someone still has to close the electricity, water & sanitation and waste removal parts at all the different departments all over the city, before the account can be closed.

Credit Control and Dept Collection

Group Financial Services Department | 4th floor | Sammy marks | Lilian Ngoyi and Madiba Street

Pretoria | PO Box 440 | 0001 | www.tshwane.gov.za

Re: Termination of account 5001250351

Pretoria | PO Box 440 | 0001 | www.tshwane.gov.za

Tell: 012 358 9435

services bill

I hereby lodge a complaint against City of Tshwane, concerning the manner in which they have handled my account for Municipal Services, and for which they are now threatening to stop providing me with services, and request your assistance.
I firstly would like to provide you with some background. I had two properties registered in my name, one in Akasia (Unit 850, Wonderpark Estate), and another one in Kosmosdaal (Plot 4157, Blue Valley Golf Estate). The latter property was a newly built house and I occupied it in August 2014.
In 2017, I sold the property at Kosmosdal to Mpumelu Trust, for R3, 295, 000, and during that period the following transpired:
1. The purchasers took occupation of the property on 1 June 2017, on lease, before date of registration. The occupation was on the basis that the purchaser will pay rental amount of R25000, and in addition, the rates and taxes account on the property are transferred into his name;
2. The house was registered in the name of the purchaser, on 22 September 2017;
3. During the process of registering the property in the purchasers name, I paid an amount of R41330.44 to Rene Attorneys, for them to settle my debt with City of Tshwane, so that they can issue a clearance certificate;
4. I also paid an amount of R16, 873, 21 to the Attorneys as a deposit requested by City of Tshwane, which would/or a part of which would be refunded to me after registration of the property in the purchaser's name.
5. The purchaser was paying for rates and taxes directly to the Attorneys on behalf of City of Tshwane;
6. The property took long to register while we were waiting for City of Tshwane, who said at the time that they wanted to take electricity meter readings first before they could issue the certificate, which they ultimately did.
At some point, after registration of the Kosmosdal property in the name of the purchaser, City of Tshwane stopped sending me my account for the property at Akasia, and I was receiving correspondence I did not understand regards the same account. By then I had relocated to Botswana, and closed my account with Nedbank from which I used to pay Municipal services for the Akasia property.
I kept on enquiring about my account on the Akasia property from City of Tshwane, without success, and had stopped paying for the services for that property which amounted to around R290 per month at that time.
I started receiving correspondence from City of Tshwane, which indicated that I owe an amount of R37000 to the City on the Akasia property. This was surprising because considering the period for which I was not paying for services at Akasia, the outstanding amount should have been in the region of around R7, 000 to R9000.
I went to City of Tshwane offices to seek clarification on this account and I was told the following:
1. That ever since I occupied the property at Kosmosdal in 2014, City of Tshwane was omitting to bill me on electricity by mistake. They were only billing me rates, taxes, and water.
2. That at the time when City of Tshwane issued a clearance certificate for the same property, they were not aware that they were not billing for electricity, and therefore issued the certificate by mistake;
3. That when City of Tshwane realized their mistake, it was after the property at Kosmosdaal was registered in the name of the new purchaser;
4. That when City of Tshwane realized their mistake, they calculated the arrears in electricity through meter readings (I don't know how they got that right), and the amount owing was calculated at R23, 000;
5. That City of Tshwane charges that amount of R23000 to my Akasia property account, since the account of the property at Kosmosdal was closed due to the sale;
6. That miscellaneous charges were raised on my Akasia account for the arrears on the Kosmosdal house and the arrears on the Akasia account;
7. That the services of the house at Kosmosdaal, continued to be charged on my Akasia property account, even after the purchaser had changed the account into his name.

I am now at a stage where City of Tshwane is threatening to stop providing me with Municipal services for the Akasia property, despite the fact that these irregularities happened because of their negligence, and I still cannot make sense how they could have charged the services of one property on the account of another property, and many other things they did irregularly.

customer support phone numbers phone: +[protected] (customer service)

Has any one in management called the [protected] or the TOLL Free number? for 2 days in a row 4 to 5 hours at...

service

I am facing challenges with regards to the bill that was sent to me today

On the 9th of May I reported my meter missing at my flat 703 NORDEY heights at 1 nana sita

On that day I wanted to take readings on my meter since I was not at the flat for more than 6 months only to find the meter box that has been in stalled was prepaid and I never had a prepaid nor have attempted to apply for one

Audit was done and the meter found to be a bridged ghost meter something I don't know anything about ( lady called khathu did the audit)

I went to city of Tshwane offices tramshed on 20th May to find out if they know something about what I have reported they didn't know anything about it yet the person who was helping me sent an email to follow up 13th June I went back to see if there is progress tramshed they sent me to 1 nana Sita I went there they found my account to be up to date

They called the very same person who did the Audit to go and fit a new conventional meter since they don't know what happened to the original meter that was there all along not that fake prepaid that was installed I don't know by who

I owed nothing more than 342.00 I have been loyal to the municipality paid on time but the treatment that I am getting is not good I am going up and down trying to find help this R21000 is too much

service

service failure and incorrect disconnection of electricity

On the 7th of february 2019 (thursday), our electricity was cut off. I first thought it was power failure and...

license department

i made an application of my license renewal on the 07 september 2018 at rosslyn licence department, but till...

Pretoria Traffic Problems

streetlights

I reported faulty streetlights in Solomon Street Gezina Pretoria about a month ago and still has been done. Street is very dark and dangerous when we come home at night and must drive into our yards. Ref: [protected]. I have already send 2 mails to the City of Tshwane at the reporting streetlight department. Please can this problem be fixed as soon as possible.

damage of my car by metro police

On the 26 June 2018 my car was impounded by the metro police for wrongful parking. When I collected my car I...

lights disconnected twice despite extra paid on bill

/On the 29/1082018 I went to the customer care center in Laudium to sort out the electricity issue. We had...

2nd adjustment jnl for property rates 2018

City of Tshwane 3 August 2018 Re: Account: [protected] Since I bought the property May 2017 I have been...

Pretoria Tax Services