Texas Direct AutoThe quality of the car I bought

Ok, enough is enough folks. I have been buying cars; luxury & sports cars from Texas Direct Auto now for over 2 years. Some I keep & some I ship overseas. Not one of them was in anything but the condition they represented it to be. If it had 50, 000 + miles, the price reflected that & I was asked if I wanted to purchase an extented service contract, which I did at least 1 of my purchases, being it was an Audi A6 w/40K miles on it. I was treated well each time, they are shipping these vehicles literally all over the world. I compared each auto I purchased to what else was out there in the market on cars.com, autotrader & a few other sites. Their prices were the lowest. Do you get it yet? You are paying for what you get! If it has potential issues, buy one under the factory warranty, if it is out of warranty, buy a warranty for it. OR WOULD YOU RATHER GO SIT IN A DEALERSHIP IN YOUR HOME TOWN & HAGGLE FOR 4 HOURS WITH SOME IDIOTS & END UP WITH A HIGHER PRICED VEHICLE? Buyer beware means do your homework then buy a car or truck or suv, not after you buy it. Grow up, wake up, quit whimpering. Their prices are lower for a reason. I asked for an inspection of each of my autos & got it. I guess this you alls 1st little excursion into the auto buying business outside of your sparsely populated home towns. Everything is negotiable in this world. If you feel like you got screwed, then go look in the mirror to see whose fault that was.
I will keep buying my autos from them. Why? Because I finished hight school & I know how to buy my cars.

• Au
    au01 Oct 01, 2010

agreed the prices may be lower ( not all cases), the cars are stinky and remain stinky, that you get tired waiting there until they service it and then give up, this is only a warm up, they sold me a sonata with former inclusive, bad brakes, wheel, cam sensor, callipers/brake fluid inject totally gone and these problems were realized one after the other within the next fews days after i purchased it. it broke down twice in 2 days, 1st time on 50 south while going to their stafford center to have problem A fixed, it broke down due to problem B to make it worse, after a 2 hr wait the tow truck arrived, i was at kirby st exit, you say enough is enough, well not yet, they kept the car for a week, after a week i go pick up the car after a 2 hr wait without exaggerating, coz they said it's fixed, the next day it breaks down again, as the 2nd problem wasn't fixed which obviously i wouldn't know as i took their word for it, the brakes locked out completely this time, i was by jefferson st downtown, while i was heading to the mall with my wife and trust me it was life threating at both the times it broke dwon to pull over to the exit, it was gods grace that the reached a safe spot. well another hr and a half wait before the tow truck arrived at jefferson, after reaching thier center, they said that Pat is leaving for good as he was the one who i talked the 1st time, it took abt hr and hour before they cud arrange someone to talk. they have not come to a resolution regarding this car, i was going to wirte the complaint and saw this msg so cudn't help commenting, i will come back after i finish talking with the GM and the based on the outcome and also some ppl are rude over there an don't treat you correct if they know you have come back with a problem.
    obviously everyone does thier homework beofre purchasing a car, you cannot help if lies has been told to you and misrepesented, all have their high school unlike you who probably just done his high school, as the way wirte it naive, you probably one of thier own ppl writing to patch things up, if you geniuley are happy, write on ebay don't come to a "complaint" board trying to point others at fault, ppl here are with genuie grievances including me.

• Dc
    dcdoody Sep 02, 2010

I did not read the posts first or do my research as I normally do. They talked me into getting off ebay also and now, I am having a hard time getting my $500 deposit back. I have left several messages for Pat Tucker to no avail. This is such a crappy company and I don't know why they are not shut down.

• Cu
    CullenS Aug 10, 2010

Yes you finished "hight school" good job winner.

• Ky
    Kyle Raab Jul 14, 2010

You are right to the extent that the price the vehicles are hard to beat and one should expect some flaws based on these prices. One should do their homework before making such purchase. However, the low ball prices do not replace the service they provide or should I say lack thereof! You are a number and them answering any questions you may have is nearly impossible to attain an answer too. Also if a problem is noted right away, they are aware of the problem and promise to resolve the problem even after you leave the lot, that promise should be fullfilled. Not all problems can be fixed on site and their promise to make it right should be kept. You should not have to call and email with no response back for months on end to resolve something they promised to fix before you left the lot. Also, if "you alls" refers to us as some sort of redneck nation that have a hard time comprehending the basic realities of used cars, then you are sorely misspoken. That shows your lack of education and maturity.

• Ha
    harry sacco Jul 12, 2010

It appears you are clearly the "exception" not the rule with these people. I am looking for a vehicle now and I ran across their ads on Ebay. Since I live in Houston, I thought I would look at what they have to offer, but not before I checked them out online. And am I glad I did. I would never consider even looking at their best deals. I followed up by looking at the BBB complaints and other websites. These people are obviously predators and the typical "used car salesmen". I appreciate all of the posts and warnings. I will continue my search...