Having problems with Tesco?

Tesco reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 9, 2006. The latest review I am complaint about tesco pricing was posted on Jul 29, 2021. The latest complaint rude cashier was resolved on Oct 12, 2014. Tesco has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 100 reviews. Tesco has resolved 30 complaints.

Tesco Customer Service Contacts

+44 800 505 555 (Customer Service)
+44 330 123 4430 (Customer Service)
+44 800 917 6906 (Groceries)
+44 800 323 4050 (Tesco Direct)
+44 800 323 4060 (Tesco Tech Support)
+44 800 323 4080 (Wine By The Case)
+44 800 591 688 (Clubcard)
+44 345 301 4455 (Tesco Mobile)
+44 330 123 0250 (Tesco Pay+)
+44 800 323 4048 (Delivery Saver)
Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way

Tesco Direct & Delivery Saver Team
Baird Avenue, Dundee, DD2 3TN

Tesco Clubcard
Freepost, Tesco, SCO 5043, Dundee, DD29XU

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Tesco Customer Service. Initial Tesco complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Tesco above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Tesco. Discuss the issues you have had with Tesco and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Tesco Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

Tescos Gilesgate Durhamchildren inside shopping trolleys

i have reported a this few times to tescos by email, but still parents will insist on putting there children in side the shopping trolleys where food goes not only is this very unhygenic put dangerous for the children if they stand up and fall out . whe will this finally be stopped parents letting there children sit in the shopping trolley where food is placed ? some staff see this but say nothing to the parents with children sitting the trolley where food should be only why ?

Tesco Llandudno Junctiontesco meal deal valentines

My friend am I bought the meal deal on 10th february, 2010. I forgot to buy my chocolates. We both checked our receipts. She had bought all the items, but she was charged full price for the items. We both went back to the store that evening. I wanted my chocolates and the £9.74 refund for my meal deal. They refused. My friend told them that she had bought the whole meal deal package but she was charged the full price and not for the meal deal. The staff told her that the chocolates were the wrong ones and they also refused to reimburse the difference. On principle, she returned all her 5 items for a full refund. I, on the other hand, wanted thes items for my father.
    My other friend told me that the same thing happened to her earlier that day. She insisted that she saw the manager. She got her chocolates and the difference.
    She took me to the store the next day and stood her ground. They scanned the items I had bought, and gave me £9.00 and my chocolates. It was short of 74p and my friend had to use a calculator in front of the staff to prove they owed me an extra 74p, which they then reluctantly payed me.
    I feel that they had made a mistake with the deal that they were offering, wrong chocolates on display and paying full price for these items, and if we had not checked our receipts, we would not have noticed. They chose to treat the same complaint differently with different customers to cover up as much of their mistakes as much as possible.

Tesco Hindustan Service Centrebad behavior and insult

Today I checked in an website and found that recruitment process is going on in tesco hindustan service centre, # 81& 82, epip area, whitefield, bangalore, karnataka, india 560066. The following link gave me the information:
      I called the board number of the company at 91-80-[protected] which was provided in the advertisement. The receptionist made me connected to the concerned lady priya nair. I asked her about the opening but without replying she disconnected the phone. Again I called the reception and they made me connected to priya nair. I asked her whether she disconnected the phone or it got disconnected. She asked me who made me connected to her. I replied her and she again disconnected the call doing a bad behavior.
      I am lodging a complain against priya nair and I am asking the question to the concerned company that why they give the contact number of such persons who even don't know how to respond a job query and they are so ill behaved? They should sit in gutters not in polished companies. Are we beggars or job seekers?

Tesco Supermarkets — overcharging

Clearly displayed at the point of sale - Frozen diced lamb, was £2.89 per pack, offered at two pack...

Coventry

Tesco Chicken And Bacon Pasta Bekefound long hair in food

I was enjoying the chicken and bacon pasta bake until I came to the last mouthfull and found a hair hanging out of my mouth

• Ol
            Olie1 Apr 10, 2013

Just so wrong.

Tesco should have refunded and made sure this doesnt happen again.

Tesco Storesarrogant and egotistic mall manager

First thing is that…. Congratulation on the new opening of tesco sp selatan, sungai petani, kedah in malaysia.

Since the opening it have been the attraction for all costumers in the south area,.. As for taking avantage…I as a small businessman also become one of your tenant inregard the rental is so high.

For the first week business is going well…but when it come to 3rd-4th week. Then it getting worst.

But that not the issue…we stand as business is like a wheel.. We can accept the loss, but the major thing is that your mall operation manager, (riza azliza) is not handling/manage the situation properly.. But her attitude become more arrogant and egotistic.. And her selfish decision make lot of tenant droping out from tesco.

So as a tenant that still try to hanging on, please send somebody to guide her…. Or let other with experience to handle your new tesco sp selatan.

And lastly …thanks for all that tesco have giving.. Me the hope to become a succesfull businessman.

• Se
              selvarani Mar 10, 2011

my son just joined tesco puchong after spm in jan 2011. He got caschier job front line, what happen is sort of rm400 when close the counter first day at work. its happen to all the new cashier at the time, i suspect the supervisor incharge just took the money and put the blame on innocent young boys new to the work place. the person incharge must be honest person or dont give cashier job to new boys u put theier moral value down. person incharge pls do something. concern parent

Tescobe aware

After going through a total saga with tesco's, over the last 6 months, I have a word of warning to fellow drivers out there! If you value your sanity please stay away from this organisation. As a result of their 'persistant harrassment of me', which has taken me to the point of near 'suicide' and has resulted in me having to seek counselling for severe depression and loss of work. Even though I had gone right to the top, to sir terry leahy it got me nowhere, and they still maintain they did nothing wrong. Their chief executives office in edinburgh is staffed by people who tell lies, and the same can be said for their liverpool office. Also I have found out that the organisation which is masquarading as tesco' motor insurance is actually called 'uk assistance!!!'

To make matters worse they offered £100 in compensation, and then said smugly you can always go to the financial ombudsman service, knowing full well that's a waste of time.

If there is anyone from bbc watchdog, reading this can you please investigate this company on your programme!!!

• Pi
                Piet Retief Jun 29, 2013

Tescos is the most parasitic dehumanising carbuncle on the face of humanity.
                Read my review on this site about Tesco Kennington and margaret the screeching harridan on till 2

Tescoabout manager

saya zubaidah nor salah seorang pekerja di tesco penang ingin menyatakan bahawa kami selalu dipersalahkan oleh manager kerana menipu wang syarikat. kami bekerja sebagai juruwang di tesco, tetapi manager kami Encik. Nizan selalu menuduh kami mencuri wang tersebut sedangkan beliau dan assistantnya yang bernama Zuhari tl dari front end department main dengan wang syarikat dan menuduh staff lain yang bekerja di situ, termasuk saya. disebabkan mereka tl lain juga kena buang kerja walaupun dia seorang yang jujur. mereka juga menuduh semua staff sebarangan. saya berharap pihak berkuasa akan mengambil tindakan keatas mereka secepat mungkin supaya mereka tidak keterlaluan. harap tindakan ini akan diambil secepat mungkin kerana kami tidak sanggup di hina dan dituduh sebarangan. mereka berkelakuan sedemikian, kerana tamak kuasa dan cemburu dengan tl lain kerana mereka berebut kuasa nak jadi manager. Encik zuhari pernah hilangkan RM600 duit syarikat tetapi hal ini dirahsiakan. kami sebagai pekerja hendak hak kami dan tidak mampu menahan dengan penuduhan ini. saya benar-benar berharap bahawa pihak berkuasa akan mengambil tindakan ke atas mereka berdua iaitu EN.nizan dan zuhairi secepat mungkin.

Tesco — impolite cashiers

I used to go tesco shopping about 2-3 times a week, but now it is barely once a month for the following...

Horley

Tesco Healthy Living Chicken Filletsincorrectly priced and poor custormer service

Usual Shopping Saturday 25/07/09, found the above mentioned items marked for sale at £3.50, no confusuion over packet amount (400G) but packet showed price of £3.75 (printed on label etc)

Went to complain and request item was remarked down to £3.50 and that I was prepared to buy at 3.50 not 3.75.

The Manager of the section was called, this was a lady with a difficult attitude, she scanned the item and said 3.75, and this is where the problem began, had she been more polite, understanding and willing to assist the matter my own attitude towards her would have been different, she was unwilling to sell at the price advertised, nor was she willing to listen to my request to take off all the items from the shelf and remark them down to the price Tesco were advertising tham at, not the price shown on the packet etc.

I did not buy the item in question, the lady was poker faced difficult with an obvious attitude probel, which is just another example of the intransigence of big supermarkets towards the customer.

This is not the first time Tesco at the branch at ELMERS END, have been rude, nor the first time they have sold out of date and food which was of poor value.

I hope others will also post their feelings about this store, as when I was leaving the counter, I said I would take the matter further and the lady said something under her breath which I can only imagine was an insult.

Well done Tesco you lost a sale and very likely a customer in the future, still you dont seem to care do you.

Tesco Hypermarket Penangcounter service

On 29 June 2009 at 10.30 a.m. I together with another 4 friends who are all senior citizens encountered a very unplesant experience at Tesco Hypermarket Penang. We (5 persons) took only one trolley to put all our purchasings. We went to counter 9 (which is meant for customers with less than 10 items) and all five of us lined up to wait for our turn to pay up. Each of us had less than 5 items and we were to pay individually. The cashier was not happy and told four of my friends who were queing behind me to go to the next counter to make their payment. I just don't see any rationale on this as my 4 friends also purchased less than 5 items each and why do they need to go to the next counter when there were a long queue. Please bear in mind that we were paying individually and not combine into one receipt and I just dont see why the cashier wanted to turn us away. I hope Tesco will know how to serve the senior citizens better.

• Im
                      impiana Nov 18, 2009

First thing is that….congratulation on the new opening of Tesco SP Selatan, Sungai Petani, Kedah in Malaysia .

Since the opening it have been the attraction for all costumers in the south area, ..as for taking avantage…I as a small businessman also become one of your tenant inregard the rental is so high.

For the first week business is going well…but when it come to 3rd-4th week.then it getting worst.

But that not the issue…we stand as business is like a wheel..we can accept the loss, but the major thing is that your Mall Operation Manager, (Riza Azliza)is not handling/manage the situation properly..but her attitude become more arrogant and egotistic..and her selfish decision make lot of tenant droping out from Tesco.

So as a tenant that still try to hanging on, please send somebody to guide her….or let other with experience to handle your new Tesco SP Selatan .

And lastly …thanks for all that Tesco have giving .. me the hope to become a succesfull businessman.

Tesco — customer care

Hi my name is David Hines. I am a loyal customer to tescos at the beggers bush sutton coldfield where i do...

Tesco Store Malaccavoucher rebate

I received your promotional brochure on 4/5/09. It stated that, you will get RM10 voucher rebate at customer service center if you buy electrical appliance above RM100 in a single receipt. So, on the 6/5/09 I went to your store to buy an exhaust fan amounted RM112.00 and your staff asked me to redeem rebate voucher at the customer service centre.After I have made payment, I went to collect my voucher but your not any of your staff knows about this voucher.Then she asked me to bring the brochure for her to refer.The next day I brought the brochure for her and she had been contacting the KL office .After waiting for more then an hour there is still no answer from them.Later I left my phone no for them to contact me if there is any feedback.But for your information until today I still haven't receive any feed back from your store.And today i had call your Tesco Malacca branch to get any feedback from them but there is still no any feedback from you all. I have been waiting for 2weeks just to get a RM10 voucher. This just can show that you have an inefficiency and poorly-manage system in your store.
                    I hope from this complaint I will get a faster feedback from you.
                    Below is my contact information:
                    Clubcard number:[protected]
                    Name :Quah Choon Hwey
                    Phone number :[protected]

Tesco's Recyclingbad service

I am writing to complain about the horrible mess on the canal path at the rear of Tesco's branch at Tring Road in Aylesbury, Bucks.

This canal runs alongside the rear of the Tesco's Store in Tring Road, Aylesbury, right next to their carpark and recycling enclosure.

On Boxing Day a family walk turned into horror at this sight. The following day we notified the Tesco's store in person - the initial response was 'it is nothing to do with us - it is a council matter', eventually we spoke to the manager who would 'look into it.'

We walked along the canal on Sunday (7th Jan) and the situation remains unchanged - if anything it is worse! No effort has been made to clear the original rubbish and more is escaping from their recycling.

I have now made the local Newspaper and Radio Stations aware of the problem and was interviewed by the Buck Herald yesterday and Three Counties Radio this morning.

Surely, we all have a responsibility to keep the environment clear of rubbish - as we are told 'every little helps' when are Tesco's going to do their little?

Tesco.co.ukno full refund

I ordered a bouquet of flowers for delivery to my mother in time for easter on tesco.co.uk. I selected her address on the pull down menu of addresses. After I had input the order information, but before confirming the order, I decided to change the text to be printed on the greetings card which was to be attached to the delivered package. This meant going back a screen. I made the amendment and then confirmed the order. However, when I received the confirmatory email I noticed that it had my own home address quoted as the delivery address. I immediately emailed tesco customer services to ask for the delivery address to be amended. They eventually replied a day later that I should cancel the order on line, which I did. After a further day's delay I received another email stating that they were unable to cancel the order, but that I could get a refund by returning the goods according to the instructions that would come with the package. When the package arrived, I found that! There were no instructions on returning it. When I emailed customer services again, they flatly refused any refund, depite their earlier email offering a refund. I find it unbelievable that a commercial organisation that prides itself on a superior level of customer service is reneging on a promise made in writing to make afull refund in respect of this order.

Respond

Tesco Penang Malaysia — tesco penang sells without a price tag & dishonesty of internal staff!

Four days ago, I was attended by ms. Hajar a female cashier, on the check-out counter (receipt no: 0007 007...

Tesco Car Insurancepolicy canceled without my knowledge!

I rang tesco car insurance on monday 25th february 2008 relating to my direct debit mandate and my policy been canceled without my knowledge, and that tesco had failed to inform me of such an action. On monday 10th september I rang tesco to insurance to inform them of my change of address, I know this because it was the day I rang and changed all the companies I have direct debits with including my bank. Also I have proof of this.

When I called tesco insurance they ran through their normal security check procedure and one of the questions is to relate my current address to the operator, I did this and my address (one listed above) was verified and I continued my conversation with the operator, jenny cunningham, to whom I spoke to twice.

I did this three times in total whilst I was gathering information from other sources, after each time I rang back the security checks were verified with the above address. On the last occasion I was transferred to an operator called geri, a customer services manager, who then put me through to the account manager damien as my problem related to accounts.

When I asked him to which address he had sent all the notifications to about my policy he told me my old address of 30 cantilever gardens in warrington wa1 2gu, from october 2007 to the present time. I was correct in stating that I no longer lived at that address because I had informed tesco of my new address on monday 10th september 2007 as I have explained earlier.

This gentleman continued to bereft me on the telephone refusing to enter into any further conversation in relation to this matter, his manner was one of complete amateur not worthy of the position of manager where he would, of course repeat any training course to any of his team if they had spoke with this attitude to any customer of tesco.

I am appalled and disgusted that such a company of the stature tesco has, has not recognized this mans failure to even comply with the basics of civility when speaking to customers. To continue damien stated that such a mandate was canceled by either myself or the bank on one of the two dates (he did not seem to know which one himself) wednesday 3rd or thursday 4th october 2007, I contacted my bank to see if this had happened they informed me that it had not. I have written proof of this from my bank.

My other concern is that on thursday 27th september 2007 I paid an outstanding bill of £74.39 when it lapsed on tuesday 4th september 2007 and set up a new direct debit mandate with tesco. My bank never received this mandate from tesco they have only ever received one direct debit mandate which was the 1st june 2006, I have written proof of this from my bank. It obvious really how can I cancel something that was not set up in the first place!!!

Further damien then kept on reiterating that according to the information on his screen they did and therefore it must be the banks error, my bank is adamant that this is not true, because only myself and tesco have the authorization to cancel such a mandate and as I have stated I certainly would not risk driving my car without insurance.

After my conversation with this demeaning manager the conversation came to a natural end, I continued with my research on this error by tesco and when I rang back I went through the security check as I did many times before and on the same day monday 25th february 2008, and would you believe it when I gave my present address, like I had done so on the many occasions previously, I was denied access to any conversation because my address was wrongly given and when I was asked had I another address I gave my old address 30 cantilever gardens and was accepted. This sends alarm bells ringing for me with data protection as this accounts manager is entrusted to handle tesco customers personal details and I find this a very inconvenient coincidence as up until speaking with this accounts manager, damien; my address (the new one and my current one) had been accepted on several occasions during the security checks that day, but after highlighting this error to him my address has changed. Furthermore why would this security match have been changed after speaking to this accounts manager damien also has there been a cover up by this manager to hide an error on his departments behalf?

2 Responses
                            • Ri
                              rickyrx8 Sep 28, 2010

I had same problem with KwickFit car insurance they canceled my policy after my monthly premium bounced and didnot tell me luckily my bank sent me a letter to inform me it hadnt been paid and I called them to make the payment they told me it was canceled.

Trading Standards should help if enough of us complain, its illegal to drive a car without insurance so surely thease companies cannot be aloud to keep doing this! They could at the very least call or email the customer out of courtisy!

My sisters car insurance was canceled by CHURCHILL for not recieving her no claims bonus in time! they recieved her no claims bonus the day they canceled her policy and didnt tell her either she was driving around for months without insurance and they hadnt even gave her the money back for the years premium she paid, this is still an ongoing dispute.

• Lu
                              luke heasmer Aug 08, 2008

i too had a very similar problem, however mine got much worse...

i was pulled over by the police and the office asked me if i had insurnace, which i replied yes i did, and subsiquently showed the office my insurance certificate, the office then checked out the policy and i was told that it was not valid due to non payment, this is because tesco took my card details incorrectly, still sent out he certificate and didnt notify me that payment had not been taken nor that the policy was cancelled!

which in turn put me bang to rights with the police, however sympathetic the officers were, i had my car towed, i was fined £200! and got 6 penalty points, on top of this i had to pay £300 for a new insurance cert (granted i would have had to pay this anyhow!), and also £118 to get my car released the following day.

Not best impressed by tesco, who otld me i was sent post detialling this from tesco, but proof of postage is NOT proof of delivery.angry??? you bet.

Tesco are cheap insurance, but their admin and customer services lack very badly.

Luke Heasmer

Tesco Extra - Warringtonabusive staff

My daughter who is mentally impaired was abused by two checkout tesco extra - warrington personnel on "tuesday 6th february 2007" as at today I have had no satisfaction from any member of staff in store or from head office!!!

1 Response

Tescotesco allow their customers in china to buy and butcher live turtles at home!

Tesco are selling live turtles for food in their supermarkets in China. A customer can choose to have the turtle they have purchased butchered alive in the supermarket, or they can choose to take the turtle home, to end its life in whatever manner they choose, before cooking and eating it.

It is currently being challenged that the killing of the turtle in-store is not humane, that is awaiting research results.

Tesco, of course, are unable to guarantee that the killing of the live turtle taken home is humane.
                              By allowing their customer to leave with the live turtle, Tesco are shunning their responsibility of ensuring a humane killing.
                              Tesco therefore can be seen to be willing to allow possible suffering and cruelty to the live turtle they sell, in their search for profit.

We have raised a Petition against Tesco selling live turtles here:

If any of you are unaware of how turtles can be killed in China, or feel that there is not an urgent need to sign this petition, here is a VERY GRAPHIC animation to help show you why your signature is very much needed.

Tesco have turned its back on UK values of animal welfare.
                              It has turned its back on the UK customers that made it who it is, many of those have now boycott Tesco until they cease to sell live turtles in China.

I do wonder how many of their UK customers are they willing to lose, in their search for popularity and profit in China ?

Kind regards, Paul N Davis
                              Turtlesco
                              www.turtlesco.com

4 Responses
                                • Fr
                                  fran Jun 15, 2009

Over the last few years tesco in Gt.Dunmow has been removing more and more Market Value items, and even now their relatively new discount brands are disappearing to be replaced by more expensive items.
                                  Obviously tesco's in Gt. Dunmow think this is a wealthy area - maybe a few are - but the majority are normal people.
                                  We also suffer as there is no competion from other supermarkets in the area -causing them to put their prices even higher -pertol is a prime example.
                                  I want to see the Gt Dunmow store stock more market value items -as believe it or not some of us are really suffering in this reccession.

• Te
                                  TERI MUEEAY Jan 24, 2008

TESCO CLUBCARD DEALS : AFTER TRYING FOR 2 DAYS TO OBTAIN A "DEAL THAT I COULD USE - I GAVE UP-THERE ARE TOO MANY CONDITITIONS- MOST OF THE POPULAR DATES ARE A NO NO THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH PARTNERS HERE IN SCOTLAND. MOST OF THE DEALS ARE GEARED TO SOUTH OF THE BORDER---TRYING TO SPEAK TO THE CALL CENTRES DRIVES ONE INSANE---DOES ANYONE KNOW THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF TESCO CHIEF EX TERRY LEAHY? SO THAT I COULD TELL HIM WHAT I THINK .

• Dy
                                  Dylan Chase Jun 25, 2007

Laws really need to be enforced in China. The best thing the US can do is stop importing any food products from China. The dog food contamination really made the news and that was a neglect from China that killed many innocent pets. Furthermore, the news mentioned that some of our food may also have been contaminated. China is a strange country. Remember people there were killing their own kids if it was not the sex that they preferred since they are limited on the number of children that they can have.

• Ji
                                  Jing Zhang Mar 16, 2007

It is normal to kill alive animals (Most of them are poultry and fishes). When I was young, that was 70s and 80s in China. In the market, there were only alive poultry and fishes to sell. There was packaged poultry to sell since China has open policy and get more and more developed. Also in Chinese food culture, we believe fresh meat is more delicious and nutritional. When you ever lived in that poor and short of food situation, you are gonna to understand why people can kill animal alive. In my memory, on the time when we can eat fresh chicken and fish, that was only in Chinese new year.Of course now we can eat them every day coz China is more developed.

Turtle is a prolong life thing in Chinese culture. We believe it even can save dying people's life if we kill it alive and cook it. I remember my mom ever bought one and cooked it into soup to try to save my grandmom's life. Of course, my mom let the salesman killed the turtle. She is too scared to kill any alive creatures.

So if you are against that company export alive turtle to China, do you support them to kill them in UK in humane way and export them to China?

Tesco - St. Mellons Store, Cardiff — broken pc keyboard - they're full of crap!

I bought a new computer from Tesco on September 26th, 2006 and set it up, only to find the keyboard wa...