Talbots Storesbad manufacturing

I just contacted Talbots today regarding a defective shoulder bag on which the clasps/buckles that attach the strap to the bag have been detaching on their own for about 2 years. I would simply use a pair of pliers to close the gap created. Of course all this first occurred way after the 30 day return policy was up. All I wanted was to have the bag returned to the manufacturer, but was told there is none to contact, and that I would not be granted a return, which is not what I wanted. I actually would love to have the defect addressed and the bag repaired, as the design is not your usual bag/strap attachment. And I bought 2 of them so I am expecting problems with the other as the one I carried today actually broke beyond a common repair job. Needless to say, Talbots has lost me as a consumer.

ediapet Oct 13, 2011

Trying this post again. I just contacted Nordstrom's and got this reply:

It never hurts to ask. so goodbye Talbots, and to you folks who like to offer your opinions, have a great life.

ediapet Oct 13, 2011

I just contacted Nordstrom's and the message I got was as follows:

"We stand behind the items we sell, if there is ever an ongoing quality issue we would discuss it with the manufacturer, we also offer wonderful return/exchange policies, with no specified time frame for return/exchanges."

It never hurts to ask, so good-bye Talbots, and goodbye trolls. Have a blessed life.

ediapet Oct 13, 2011

No, and neither am I. A bad manufacturing practice will go unnoticed for a time until something fails. Also, I am a long-time Talbots consumer, and your snide remarks are absolutely unnecessary. Try to be nice to someone today. It will go rewarded.