Talbotsreturn policy

T

I have been shopping at talbots for over 20 years and I have never been so outraged. I recently purchased a number of items on sale from my wish list. Let me say I shop online with talbots only since they do not carry my size in the stores. I did not notice that there were now two words under the price that until the end of june had never been there before “final sale”. As usual I order many different items since their sizing has become so very inconsistent (along with quality) over the last 5 years. So, I get the items and as usual only about ½ fit to the size ordered. So I bring the items back to the store to return as I always have and now I cannot since they are “fianl sale”. This is so bizarre to have a discount store return policy for a former higher end store.
I can tell you I was very upset and so called customer service while the associate at the store very snottily returns “what items she could”. The young man that took my call was very nice and then put a customer service manager on the phone with me – mary wood. All she could do is parrot the words – “final sale means that we will not make any exchanges or returns.” she did not offer any other help. I was so incensed - I am a black card holder since I shop there quite a bit and this is the treatment I get? Well the funny thing is that there was no notice to regular talbot’s shoppers that this was happening and I know I am not alone in this situation.
All I can say now is do not shop at talbots – I am now stuck with $500 worth of clothing that does not fit due to size and quality inconsistency.

• Du
    Dull Oct 11, 2018

Finally! It’s about time they established a final sale policy like Ann Taylor, Banana republic etc. Stops the labor intensive task of restocking. Some stores even limit the dollar amount and number of times you can return them. I hope they do that as well

• De
    Deborah Cline Rolader Dec 24, 2015

I recently ordered a beautiful pair of red shoes from Talbots.com but they didn't fit, so I returned them and was charged for the return, then reimbursed for most of the cost of the shoes, but... after shipping and handling and tax, it still costs me $22 to not get a pair of shoes! I'll shop Zappo's from now on, lesson learned!

• Du
    Dull Oct 11, 2018

@Deborah Cline Rolader Promise?