Having problems with Talbots?

Talbots Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 992 9010 (Customer Service)
+1 800 825 2687 (Customer Service)
One Talbots Drive
Hingham, Massachusetts
United States - 02043

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Talbots Customer Service. Initial Talbots complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Talbots above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Talbots. Discuss the issues you have had with Talbots and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Talbots Complaints & Reviews

Dec 30, 2020

Talbots — Corduroy pants shrink after washing

I bought a pair of corduroy pants about one year ago but put them Away until it was cold enough to wear them...

Talbots Shipping and filling of order

I placed an order to Talbots on December 7 for a pair of Francessca Driving Moccasins in Leopard. They were on sale and in sock. Not only was I charged for them and sent the wrong order, but when I called to rectify the situation the shoes were then out of stock and and could not be purchased. I have been a customer for years and this is not the first time this has happened. A company of this stature should get it together on filling orders and shipping. This is not acceptable.

Lisa Seaton
615 Morning Road
Dyersburg, TN 38024
[protected]@gmail.com

Talbots Catalog said 40% discount and free shipping

I bought two items at Talbots catalog and when I made the purchased it said that to be a 40% discount and free shipping. When I told the customer service person she told me that this product only has 25% discount and no free shipping. I canceled the order and then the next day I try to re-order it I was told that there were only a 15% discount and no free shipping. My wife has an account there for 15 years. I find this whole thing unacceptable.Your, Sydney Moss

Talbots Cannot return item bought online not clearly stressed as final sale

I Purchased some items online during a sale at Talbots. I have been ordering online for a long time, and it is the first time I am unable to exchange or return an item because they say it was marked as final sale. However, it was never marked as final sale or stressed as such while making my purchase.
      I went to my nearest store, and they said they could not exchange it or refund it. I called their customer service department, with the same result. I am stuck with an item that is of unacceptable quality and I don't like. The customer service teller said I can donate it, and to not mail it back because they will send back to me.
      I can see that this is one more company that will bite the dust soon!
      I would like a full refund.

Talbots Talbots poor customer service - returned item - no credit

You cannot get a customer service rep by calling.. Just a machine that states they are very busy. I was on hold over 30 minutes... How ridiculous. I returned an item 20 days ago using their prepaid lable, which I have the confirmed tracking information that they have the merchandise and they still havent processed my credit. I wont buy anything else from this store ever. It appears they are not customer focused, not worth my money or time.. This was another bad experience with this store name.

• Co
            coateslc Jul 11, 2020

I had exactly the same experience, and I have been a customer for many years. I purchased items and returned a few of them immediately. Talbots received the return within 4 days and within the billing cycle, but did not credit my account for 5 weeks. I attempted to contact them by phone numerous times and never connected. (If you call to make a purchase they seem to answer immediately.) During this time I received a bill and paid for everything I kept. However, Comenity Bank/Talbots thought I should pay for the items I had immediately returned within the billing cycle. They charged an interest fee of $2.98. Although this is an insignificant amount, it is the principle of the matter. I have written to Comenity Bank to correct this error. We will see. It is my second negative experience with this credit card and the only negative experiences I've had with credit cards in years. I'm thinking the benefits of this card are no longer worth the aggravation.

• Ki
            Kitty Foyle Aug 07, 2020

@coateslc I encountered a similar problem. Two items I ordered & used my charge card arrived. The top was a cute pattern but the fit was horrible. Spandex is not a women's friend. I returned that item & then the following week returned a pair of chino pants. Neither one made it back before my credit card payment was due, so I made the payment. After several weeks, again no credit on items returned. I knew I had to make a payment otherwise would be hit with a late fee. Went in to make payment & returned items were credited minus shipping fees which were more than I originally paid. No sales tax was returned & I was charged an interest fee even though there was no balance due. The quality of items being offered is less than satisfactory for the prices being charged. Been a customer for over 30 years & still have some items from 20 years ago when Talbot's was at its prime, but may be time to find other places to shop. Also, it took forever to connect to an actual person & kept being returned to a canned response.

Talbots 7788 [protected]

I have an order pending for 2 days. All is completed including my Talbots credit card info. My credit card is not accepted though there have been no changes. I am a customer since 2007. It is impossible to get to a representative by telephone

Jane Totten 5/17/20
          805/984-2784

Talbots delivery of items very slow

Hello. I am wondering about the status of the items I ordered almost two weeks ago. I called customer service this week and was told by the representative that my order should be delivered by Thursday, Feb. 20th, but it still has not arrived at my home. I have ordered other items online but they are usually delivered much sooner than this. Can you please check on my order? Does the address above match the address that you have for my order? Thanks, and hopefully, I will receive my order soon.

Andrea Porter

[protected]

116 W. Kenwood Dr. Garland, Tx. 75041

Dec 27, 2019

Talbots — gift exchange

during the holidays I purchased a sweater for my daughter which costs 98.00 along with a 50% discount coupon...

Dec 03, 2019

Talbots — trying to do a return

we were in a week agao returning a pair of shoes for a different color and buying another pair a lady name...

Talbots sales people

Now I may not be the ideal customer because I return a lot of stuff but the sales ladies at Maple Grove, MN are the rudest people I have ever met and like to call me out on my returns in front of other customers. Brenda just did this to me a couple days ago while I was returning. The tag and receipt was with my item but not attached and she let me know this. This is not the first incident I have had with the Maple Grove, MN sales people. I stopped making purchases at that store and starting ordering everything on line and then just returning at Maple Grove, MN.

Now I will be closing my account and cutting up my card. I don't need the rude, [censored]y attitudes from them and that word will be spread on facebook and social media to not shop there!!! That store already has terrible reviews. They could use a complete overhaul of their MANAGERS (especially) and STAFF. You are in the retail industry, returns of all sorts happen!! The second I walk into Maple Grove, MN store, it turns into NOTHING BUT ATTITUDE like they are doing me some huge favor. Which you are not. I have dignity and your Managers at Maple Grove, MN will not take that from me. They should all be secretly shopped and evaluated. They would get terrible ratings.

Aug 14, 2019

Talbots — customer service or rather lack of

I was shopping at the Estero Coconut Point mall store which Is the nearest retail store to me. I have shopped...

Talbots poor service

Talbots store #225-Albany, NY

I called the store in Albany to ask about their price adjustment policy as the skirt and sweater I bought two days before had been reduced by $50. I was told to bring in my receipt and they would adjust the price. (I drove 20 min to get there and was told it was not necessary to bring the items with me). No mention was made that if it wasn't full price they could not make an adjustment. When I got to the store, I asked to speak to the manager who informed me of the policy. Her attitude was very demeaning and I quote, "well obviously you did not have a problem paying that price when you bought the items". I could not believe that was her response. So, I said what your telling me is that I have to go home get the items, return them and then buy them again, which she replied sarcastically "well if thats what you want to do"
                As the manager of the store I found her behavior very condensing and rude.

I don't expect that kind of behavior to a customer and felt I was treated very poorly.
                Andrea Gross
                [protected]

Apr 10, 2019

Talbots — service

So sorry the only category I could find is "complaint." I am writing to say that if I shop at the Talbots on...

Feb 18, 2019

Talbots — customer service

I made a purchase at this store: www.talbots.com. After paying for the merchandise and paying for shipping I...

Talbots — service

Talbots at Ciconut Point Estero Florida is a terrible store and should be avoided; there are several other...

Talbots replacing a credit card

I have had a "Talbot" credit card for many many years.

Talbots recently wanted updated information [through "Comenity"].

Comenity canceled my card with Talbots without asking for that "current" information.

Talbots felt so bad that they sent me a $100 credit and an apology.

I decided to "play the game" and re-apply for a Talbots card [initially forgetting that I put a freeze on my credit as a measure to protect my personal information, privacy, and credit rating which has always been between 750 and 800s plus !!!

Naturally, Comenity denied the card because my credit history info was locked.

I "unfrooze" my credit [at a lose of credit-protection] and reapplied for the Talbot card.

Comenity denied it on the second attempt due to having "a rule" that a person needs to wait 30 days to re-apply. They sent a notification [in the mail] only after going through the embarrassment of having a credit card denial in the store!! !Do you think they might have said that in the beginning, ...no...so now as I wait for the 30 days "[censored]" [pardon my language] to pass as my credit is "unfrozen" and my personal credit /information is in jeopardy of having no protection!!!

All this is because "Talbots" will only give "special coupons and sale offers" if you have their credit card.

This is a good way to lose a lifelong customer!

Talbots — credit card bank

I have been a Talbot's credit card holder since 1993 with no late payments or any issues. I used my card...

Talbots — synchrony bank

I am a 40 plus years as a Talbots customer. I recently had a very difficult encounter with Synchrony Bank...

Talbots — return policy for defective merchandise

In the past 15 years I have spent thousands of dollars at Talbots. A few months ago I purchased several...

Talbots — this is a formal complaint that the talbots in seal beach, california does not carry plus sizes.

After waiting months for our new Talbots to open in Seal Beach, California; imagine the disappointment to...