Tagged.comtheft of email contact list

Tagged.com should be, at the very least, fined $ for it's practice of stealing address books from those who have supposedly received emails from friends. Actually, those emails that blatantly state they are from a friend by name, are actually the result of tagged.com having phished and stolen that person's entire email contact list. If you receive any email from tagged.com delete it immediately. How anyone could deal with a company that steals from it's prospective and unknowing customers is beyond me.

• Ds
    dsdsdds Jun 05, 2009

I dont know why the government doesnt do anything about this. It sent these stupid messages to people on my contact list. I feel violated.

• Do
    doctor don Jun 06, 2009

Although the only way they can do this is for people to give up their passwords, the hijacking of one's address book should be illegal if it is not already.

• Je
    jeff Jun 10, 2009

they send out photo from my bobbed e mail list of poor taste. i changed my password hopefully that will help
    Jeff K

• Yo
    yoga Jul 11, 2009

please my email [protected]@yahoo.com

The account for that email address was canceled and can't be accessed

• Ta
    TAGGEDSUCKS Oct 11, 2009

TAGGED.COM SUCKS! they deleted my site. all the messages and comments from my fiancee are gone AS ARE ALL THE COMMENTS I SEARCHED MANY HOURS FOR... ALL OF IT... GONE!. 2500 plus friends. all comments, pics, pic comments, journal, messages ... everything! GONE!
    TAGGED DID THIS TWICE! TAGGED CANNOT BE TRUSTED! GET OUT AND GO TO A REAL SITE BEFORE IT HAPPENS TO YOU... YES I LIKED TAGGED. BUT WHEN U LOSE ALL YOUR STUFF... ESPECIALLY THE NEXT TIME ...YOU WILL HATE TAGGED FOR WASTING YOUR TIME. IF YOU CREATE ANOTHER SITE THEN THEY PUT A BLOCK ON YOUR COMPUTER SO YOU HAVE TO ENTER CAPCHA TO DO ANYTHING..

WIKIPEDIA SAYS THE FOLLOWING ABOUT TAGGED.COM:
    A TIME magazine article called Tagged "The World's Most Annoying Website".[22] Tagged asks users for their email username and password, checks their email address books for contacts and repeatedly sends email invitations to people who are not yet on Tagged, stating that they have been "added as a friend" or that the inviter had sent them photos on Tagged. This process has drawn criticism in the technology press[23][24] and from users.[25] These emails were discussed as possible spam by Black Web 2.0.[26] The resemblance to a virus has often been mentioned, including by urban legend site Snopes.com.[27] The New York Times referred to the practice as "contact scraping" [28]

In July 2009 New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo announced his intention to sue Tagged.com for "deceptive email marketing and invasion of privacy" [29] According to the press release, Tagged.com engaged in "deceptive Email Promotions, Identity Theft, and Invasion of Privacy "

Prior to co-founding Tagged, Greg Tseng was co-founder and CEO of internet incubator Jumpstart Technologies.[30] In March 2006, Jumpstart Technologies settled with the Federal Trade Commission on alleged violations of the CAN-SPAM Act, which included a $900, 000 fine but no admission of guilt.[31]

From February 2009, Tagged.com has been blocked in Qatar by the only ISP, Qtel, after a number of complaints from the public.[32] Tagged.com had been one of the 10 most visited sites in Qatar.[33]

• Co
    coloradojimmy Apr 28, 2010

How do you get rid of Tagged.com? Please help!

• Co
    coloradojimmy Apr 28, 2010

I cannot remove TAGGED!! I can not find an email for them that works.. they all bounce.. and they will not remove my email.. I am scared to do anything on that site because it sends out my info to my contact list.. I am totally frustrated with this and it is completely unfair. I was even scared to put my phone number on this form because I was scared they may get it.

Please Help and remove [protected]@gmail.com from this ###!!

thanks

and864 Mar 04, 2011

tagged closed my account for no reason and I was up in 1/trill in pet money half i bought

• Da
    david Jonathan Jul 18, 2011

This person is Alex Harvey. He lives in 7526 S. Winchester Ave. Chicago IL [protected], USA
    He's mobile is: +[protected]

HE IS A THIE[censored]

• Gi
    giuseppesim Jul 18, 2011

You at least have to tell us what he did. Share with the group. What did he steal? What did he do to piss you off so much that you are taking the time to post this? Do tell.