Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Telecommunications T-Mobile USA Bait and switch on promotions and on customer services promises to rectify the overcharges.

T-Mobile USA  -  Bait and switch on promotions and on customer services promises to rectify the overcharges.

J
Author of the complaint
8:38 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Don't believe T-Mobile promotions. It is bait and switch from the start. And bait and switch every time I call them to try and claim the price I was promised.

I signed up a year ago for a T-Mobile promotion promising me 4 lines for the price of three, an allowance for all three phones I turned in sufficient to cover the cost of the new devices through monthly rebates. The total cost was to be $105/month. I asked repeatedly if this was the price and that the new phones would be covered by these promised rebates. When I was assured of this multiple times, I went ahead and signed up for the service.

Instead of $105/month (plus a $35/month data upgrade I put on after a month) My monthly bills are $240-$260 per month or more at times, not the $140 it should be. To try and get this right, I have called or gotten on the chat line at least half a dozen times this past year, probably more, and was once on the chat for 10 hours. The other conversations or chats all took hours. All customer service people are very polite, say they will fix the problem. No one ever does. They almost promise, almost make the deal to make it right, and then it's put me on hold and then come back with a different answer or to start all over again. Sometimes when I demand to talk to a supervisor, they put someone else on the line, and they do the same thing: say they will take care of it, but then they never do. Bait and switch all the way, every time. Only occasionally do I get a promised call back. At this point, they have overcharged me over $1,000. All of the early promises and subsequent conversations and chats are in the T-Mobile records.

I left another carrier after more than two decades to lower my costs, which were about $220/month for four lines. Now my costs are higher! I plan to switch to another carrier by the end of the summer when I see a promotion elsewhere that is attractive. No other carrier could be more dishonest than T-mobile has been with me.

More T-Mobile USA complaints & reviews

T-Mobile USA - where's my rebate?
T-Mobile USA - don't pay the insurance
T-Mobile USA - t-mobile lies and cannot be trusted!
T-Mobile USA - 4g data