Menu

Sure Heat Manufacturing - Ventless gas logs

D
Author of the complaint
7:29 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ventless gas logs are a great way to reduce your energy needs for heating your house. This is not the company that you should buy them from, though. I bought a low-cost set of logs at Home Depot. Sure Heat's logs had pasty cement logs that crumbled easily and the knobs turned the opposite way so it was easy to shut off the pilot light. The spark igniter was flimsy. So, one of my log sets broke and sent them to Sure Heat Dec. 20th 2010. It is Feb 5th and even though Sure Heat admitted the logs were defective and promised to send me a new set I still do not have them. It is really cold this winter, too!
I think ventless gas logs are a great product. But Sure Heat products are NOT the ones to buy. I may never get my original or replacement logs back. Or maybe in summer.

Helpful? 0 0

Sure Heat Manufacturing - Worst experience
3 comments
G
Feb 04, 2020 7:29 pm

I am running into the same issue. I got to this site here by trying to see if Sureheat might have gone out of business. Even the Sureheat webmaster's email bounced back. I get an internal server error when I tried to register our gas logs for warranty and the same thing for Customer Service. When I call, I am told by a robo-system I am number 1 in line but then get placed in the hold zone forever. Three logs were broken when ours arrived and I was advised by a local fireplace shop not to use them since ours are a ventless system. The first order we made got lost and this was the second order.

View 0 more photos
J
Nov 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Try calling them a big joke. They never answer the phone period. Do yourself a favor get another brand. Shocked that amazon and Home Depot would sell these! Call and see before you buy

T
Jan 18, 2014 7:29 pm

I also have had a terrible experience with Sure Heat. My thermacoupple needs replacing and they said I had to buy the entire burner with couple attached. I have tried calling the company for two weeks to order it and they keep saying their system is down. How can a company run for two weeks without a computer system or why can't they manually look up the parts. When you call you stay on the line for 20 minutes on ignore before someone answers just to tell you their system is down. Very frustrating and poor cutomer service.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

11 complaints