Super 8 Worldwidecondition of rooms

D Jul 18, 2019

July 18, 2019
Super 8 Corporate Offices:
We stayed at the Fairbanks, Alaska Super 8 on July 2, 3, and 4th checking out the morning of July 5. The first room they put us in (#105) the bed was so lumpy it hurt my back all night long. I could not sleep. It was literally lumpy. Also there was a hole in the back of the bathroom door like someone had rammed their fist into it. The room had a small table and a cloth seat chair. The seat of that chair was stained. The chain lock on the entry door to the room was broke completely off. The next day upon complaint to the manager they moved us to another room (#113). The bed in that room was somewhat better although not great. Also there was a towel on the hook on the back of the bathroom door from the previous guest and the chair in that room had a terrible stain on the seat of it as well. I took a shower in the evening and then watched TV and had a snack before bed. The next morning after having my coffee I started getting dressed. When I went to put my socks on my feet were filthy. I had to wash them before putting on my socks. The carpet and floor in that room were filthy. I've never stayed in a Super 8 that was this dirty.
Also, when we checked in we were going to pay for 3 nights but the clerk said we could pay for 2 nights and come back in Thursday morning and pay for the 3rd night.
Well, we did that and that 3rd night was $200. The other 2 nights had been $119. each night. What a way to stick it to you for a holiday.
The breakfast included was nothing more that raisin bran, white bread and coffee.
I had stayed in a Super 8 in Jefferson, Iowa, the end of May and it was a very clean room, comfortable beds and a wonderful, large selection of breakfast foods. And it was $75.00 a night.
I am not the type to complain. This is the first time I've ever written a complaint to a motel before. But I will tell you this...we were traveling with friends on this trip and their room was awful as well and they have also sent you a complaint. (A Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Parrish). The response he got from you mentioned their stay in Anchorage. He told us he didn't know where they got Anchorage from as we all had stayed in the Fairbanks Super 8 and that is what he stated in his complaint.
Well, I've gotten this off my chest. It was a very disgusting experience. Although we plan on returning to Alaska next year we won't be staying at this Super 8 again.
Mr. and Mrs. Tim Hendryx