Sunwing Travel Groupthe sunwing rep that screwed up my vacation

J Oct 13, 2018

To who ever screwed up our trip,

We arrived October 4th at 3:00pm, arrived at the hotel around 4:30pm.

We approached the check in booth of sunwing table that was set up towards the back of the lobby. We showed of papers and he said we weren't supposed to be at this hotel (Riu Playa Blanca Hotel). They then called over a sunwing rep who told us (Me and my 15 year old daughter) that we were at the Playa Blanca Resort next door. I insisted on telling them that they were wrong and that I had booked the Riu. I tried to use the sunwing app to call someone but it did not work. I had to call you (sunwing) on my cell phone. They then proceeded to tell me that I had made a mistake. They then told me to hold as they listened over my phone call that was previously recorded. I waited on the phone for over two hours. By the time they got back to me they told me that they could not find my phone call to be able to know if I had made the mistake or not. I insisted either they put us at the right hotel or get us a plane out of Panama. It was the first time traveling with a child by myself and Sunwing made it like hell . The hotel called a cab for us to send us over to the other hotel. (Playa Blanca Resort)

We went to another hotel and they then told us that we had no room with our names on it and that we needed to wait. After 30 minutes of me and my daughter crying in their lobby a man came to us saying he was the manager of Sunwing (Daniel) here in Playa Blanca and told us that we were in the Town Center Suites. It took an hour for us just to get in the room we supposedly had "booked". My daughter asked the bartender if she could have a drink and he handed her a price list. We had booked an all-inclusive. The drinks had to be paid for the food had to be paid for and there was no water in the supposedly"worlds largest pool". Which was the only pool. The next morning we woke up at 7:00am because that's what we were told from Daniel, that someone would meet us there in the morning from 7-10am we walked over to the Sunwing rap ( Christian). He proceeded to read emails and tell me that we needed to pay over $550 and it went down to over $450 to be able to be put into the Riu Hotel. I insisted that I was not going to pay it. We waited another 5 hours. Around 12:00 the price went from 450 to $160 (that I had put in the hotel that I originally asked for). I agreed to pay the money to be able to get me and my child to the hotel we ask for (Riu). So I Payed for a cab to get back to the original (Riu Playa Blanca Hotel) where then they knew who we were. But could not have our rooms until after 3:30pm. None of this had to happen if the phone call was found and listen to properly or if the rep on the phone had heard me properly. I kept saying Riu Playa Blanca to which she said "the airport" but the airpost name is "Rio Hato Playa Blanca", and kept saying we want the Riu. I know the mistake was made on your part, the phone call must have been found and listen to. I don't know why Sunwing did not step up and take the responsibility then.

Once we finally got to the right hotel it was the starting of the weekend. We had requested a double bed for me and my daughter to sleep in our own. But they had told us their was now room available with them. We soon heared that over 150 locals had entered the resort for the weekend and that was why we couldn't have a double bed, but to check back on Monday. If we had checked in at the right time we would have had the correct room from the start. Once this big group of people showed up the staff only spoke Spanish and only catered to them. They took over the whole hotel.

So let's talk about the last day now.
On Oct 11 we left the hotel around 12:00pm on the bus. We arrived at the airport and check in, waited the time we were supposed to. As the time slowly approached the rain started to come down very very hard. I ask if the plan was still to take off on time they said yes. We boarded the plane mins 30 late. After our original time. Half of us boarded and sat on the plane as the rain got harder, for 2 hours well the other half had been stopped in the airport. After they finally had told us a little bit of information, the crew being in the dark as well, the half that was on the plane went back into the airport. That was when the chaos started. People were hungry and wet from the rain, we wanted to know what was going on but it staff in panama was so unorganized that we didn't know what was gonna happen for hours. But the plane crew got to leave right away. After time spent waiting, locked in the airport. They announced that a bus for 40 people was coming, but there was over 2oo of us. When if finally showed up people started running. It was so unorganized that when I asked when the second one was coming, they told me they were just using the same bus. It was about half a hour later that they finally called the next group. By the time we got back the hotel it was 8:30pm. We spent 8 and a half hours in that airport with no progress. Hunger, tired. When we got back to the hotel we ate some food, went to our room and went to sleep. We were told that we had to be to buses by 4:15am the next morning. Instead of 4:15am they started loading the bus at 3:40am. As we sat on the bus our air brake gave away started rolling back. A brave passenger on the bus 3 seats back had to jump to his feet and step on the brakes to then push the emergency brake back down. It was only a few minutes later the bus driver came back to see what was wrong. By the time we got to the airport customs staff was not there until 6:00am our flight was supposed to be for at 7:00am. So it took hours to get the the whole process that we had gone through the day before.

I just want to end with it was a nightmare the 1st day the 2nd day the 8th day and the 9th day. By the end all that all we wanted to do was go home.

I would like someone to call me I have a lot of questions that need to be answered.

Thank you for listening to me.
Jennifer R Stein

• St
    Stoyan Pavlov Jun 19, 2019

WE are very disappointed of the incorrect information given to us from Sunwing for our flight time going to our vacation from Toronto to Antigua.