Sundance Vacationsrip off sundance/plan with tan

K

Purchased a vacation club 3 years ago. Had one vacation it was roach infested and my sister had to get her money back.. It took 3 months for the company to refund the money. They charge a maitenance fee of 300.00 every oct. I refuse to pay it. Sundance vacations is a rip off. Got me for 4, 000 upfront and 8, 000 finance free of charge. It look like a great deal call me a sucker. Do not do businesswith this company! I feel sorry for the person on this board emeraldeyezgrl-sorry you worked your behind off but your company is a disgrace and a rip off. You call and rarely get vacation. If a room is available you pay 500.00 just to book after they are getting monthly payments from you buyer beware. I can truly say I got ripped off! I remember writing before so for people to say it is not a rip off you pay your money and you want some type of service it is either booked or wait.. They have to upgrade which cost you more money.. No more suckers over here. No product no payment!

• Le
    Lewie Oct 31, 2018

Sundance vacatons/ travelers/tam are probably all the same.
    I paid in over $6622.40 and the load took 5 years then after the first year I was told there is a $33.80 maintenance fee monthly total $1622 plus I paid off a load from there company that they own for $5000 for 10 one week vacations and 5 years later I have yet to get a vacation. They also failed to mention in the sale that there is a $369 fee for taxes and ? who know. they either have nothing in the area I was told they did before buying into this scam or it was so far off from where you were hoping to go that you decided no to bather.
    All I can say is
    BUYER BEWARE

• Kk
    Kkeating86 May 24, 2016

I was promised free gas for a year as well...never saw it! Have been trying to cancel my membership, no one will get back to me...extremely frustrated consumer...Attorney General is my next step...

• Vi
    Victoria145 Oct 07, 2015

We had a vacation planned in Myrtle Beach, SC and they declared a state of emergency because of the weather. The Historical Flooding that occurred this past week made it impossible for us to even get there. We couldn't even get to the destination because of all of the roads closed. We called the company and they said they can't do anything for us. That is totally unfair and a ripoff. We are very upset.

• Cm
    CMO531 Oct 22, 2012

Was just contacted today from Sundance regarding a drawing entry I submitted in August. Was told I won a 4 day/3 nite Royal Carribbean Cruise plus free airfare. When they gave the particulars I was then told I won a "promotion" and not a prize...red flag. Thanks but no thanks. Not interested in sitting through any presentations. Nothing is ever for free so I'm done. They can keep their "promotion"

• Sj.Hollie Jun 05, 2012

Southern Journeys is in no way affiliated with Sundance. We do not use TAN for our travel services. We are a completely different company with a completely different approach to things. Yes there are similarities, such as you have to attend a presentation to receive your promotional gifts, but we ARE NOT affiliated with Sundance in any way.

• Lu
    Lucky215 Jun 16, 2011

We went to their presentation last year and we decided not to buy anything. Got all the way to the part where the manager took us in his office and asked us to take the lowest deal which meant barely anything out of pocket. We passed on that too. Last week we went again bc my cousin transferred her trip to us. We waited until the very last minute to agree. So if anyone got ripped off it was them because we knew about the costs and we were smart and remembered. Good luck to everyone!

annie7508 Aug 16, 2010

TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE YOUR REVIEWS A BIG THANK YOU. MY DAUGHTER AND I CAME WITHIN ONE DAY OF ATTENDING THEIR SO CALLED "PRESENTATION." I SPENT THE LAST HALF OF AN HOUR LOOKING FOR SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT THIS COMPANY, AND NOTHING. I HOPE THAT EVERYONE TAKES THE TIME TO PUT THIS COMPANY'S NAME INTO THEIR SEARCH, IT WILL TAKE LESS THAN 30 MINUTES (DEPENDING ON HOW MANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS YOU CHOOSE TO READ) TO FIGURE OUT WHAT A MESS THIS COMPANY IS. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SAVING US TIME AND ESPECIALLY MONEY. ANN

• Wi
    Wish I'd known May 29, 2010

Southern Journeys of Texas / Plan With Tan is the same rip-off deal. Sure it's only $500 per vacation, but another $350 in taxes each year and $100 to book a trip and $200 additional fee if in prime season (which is 4/5 of the year) and another additional $200 charge if it's a 2 bedroom accomodation instead of 1 bedroom! Take the free Vegas trip (that you can't do on a weekend) and then run the other way!!

MARIO DEE JAYE Apr 02, 2010

WOW!
    I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE COMPANY AS WELL.
    I HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET INVITED TO A PRESENTATION/PRIZE AWARDS CEREMONY MYSELF AFTER ENTERING A DRAWING.
    I DID GET MY TRIP TO VEGAS AND DID NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING.
    IT SOUNDED LIKE A TIMESHARE TO ME.
    I HAD NO REAL PRESSURE FROM ANYONE IN THE SHOWROOM AREA AFTER WE HEARD BIG GROUP PRESENTATION.
    THEY SEEM FINE TO ME JUST MAYBE A BIT PRICEY FOR THE TRIPS.
    I AM ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN WORKING IN DOWNERS GROVE AS A TRAVEL CONSULTANT NOW!!!