Sun CommunitiesHarassment and unfair treatment

K

Do you live in SUN community? Are you being harassed by management? Are you being harassed by other residents and management does nothing about it? Are you being treated poorly and unfairly? Are you sick and tired of it? Please join us, we are setting up a nation wide class action lawsuit against SUN community. PLEASE join our Facebook page "No Longer A Victim" for more information and to discuss with other members all the issues of Sun community. We need to unite & band together, join us & help us teach Sun Community a very harsh lesson.

• Li
    LinneyP Apr 03, 2021

I found this contact information for current lawsuits-http://www.ccj-mi.org/pages/Current-Issues. If you think you may be affected by this lawsuit: Call CCJ's Housing Law Attorney, Greg Abler, at [protected] ext. 301. Scroll down to Yamaoka et al. v. Sun Communities, Inc.: Conversion of Mobile Homes by Mobile Home Parks as well as Yamaoka et al. v. Jocelyn Benson, in her official capacity as Secretary of State, Michigan Department of State: Constitutionality of Policy Regarding Titling of "Abandoned"Mobile Homes. My mom lives in one of the parks and has endured harassment by neighbors and park management, all while fighting a life threatening illness. She has neighbors that have squatters living in a van in their driveway among other things. Since Sun took over her park, it has went from a nice, clean retirement community to ghetto. She was told Thursday afternoon that she needed to rake by Sunday or incur a $100 fee...it is Good Friday and Easter. Her yard is well kept and neat- leaves left from snow thaw. Her house is impeccable, clean and well maintained.

Bretagne Mac Laithimh Feb 10, 2021

Has anyone found this Facebook page? I need to join this page and lawsuit! I have two binders worth of illegal activities done to me by management at Cider Mill Crossings in Fenton, MI. You can see I’m not the only one just by looking at their google reviews! Please help me find the page!!

SaraK. Feb 08, 2021

I am interested in joining this! Not only am I being sent to court over someone who has lived with me for the past 7 years and the new manager wants to harrarss me to get him to move out, but yet will not give him the opportunity to even be added to my lease. Also, harrarsed by occupants in here that think they"Run" this park. It's worse than highschool! Not like I can just up and move as many would say to do! Why can't SUN COMMUNITIES TREAT PEOPLE LIKE ACTUAL PEOPLE?

Bretagne Mac Laithimh Feb 10, 2021

@SaraK. If you find the Facebook page or lawsuit please let me know! I need to join too and haven’t found it!

cobusgreenresident Nov 05, 2020

Cobus Green, Osceola, IN Sun Properties
    Most of us are afraid to comment because of retaliation. I like my park but the management needs to be dealt with. They do try to intimidate us home "owners". Bullying has to be rectified among children in our schools...so come on 'adult' bullying is just sinful. Our lives are rough enough having to deal with the times and issues...should not have to deal with mean and wicked people where we live. Do these people not realize what they are doing is sooo not right!? More home owners in this and other parks need to do something NOW.

Confused jr Sep 08, 2020

Is this available to residents in Canadian Sun properties

• Ev
    Evelyn Louise Jul 31, 2020

I am also interested in joining this class action lawsuit. At the present time I am being harassed and falsely accused by the manager Amber Williams at River Plantation RV Resort in Sevierville Tennessee The manager had a letter sent to corporate in regards to poor property management and she assumed I sent this letter but I did not so she went around the park and gathered statements from her personal friends and had them write a letter saying I was bullying and harassing them. I have never bullied anyone or harassed anyone in my entire life. She has now given me 30 days to vacate the property. So unfair and all Totaly made up. She now has had the maintenance supervisory that is her husband aim a park camera directly on out Motor Coach.

• Ta
    Tara Lynn Meinen Feb 17, 2020

Rock Crusher RV Park and Crystal River Florida Christy is the manager and she is horrible she harasses and is very rude she's very unprofessional and yet still nothing is happening it's been like this for 6 months straight

Sandy Morris Jul 09, 2019

I have lived in one of their communities for eight years now this was the nicest park in the area when they took over and now it's turning into one of the dumpiest ones because they let the people that rent the property not follow the rules while the homeowners get bullied for the grass and other little odds and ends but the home next to me has not cut the grass in two weeks and the park won't cut it and now there's a 4ft pool on one of the rental properties and has been there for 2 weeks now there has been like three calls made to the office there was nothing being done about it they are bullying the homeowners to get them to sell out so that they can put rental properties in here and make more money is what it boils down to if you do start a class action suit please let me know my email is d a y n a r a 3 9 @gmail.com and my name is Sandy Morris

• Ka
    katie6591 May 28, 2019

My ex lives in Hudsonville, MI. Has lived in the same trailer, same lot for 42 years. This park started out as private and went corporate quite a few years ago. No one told my ex that when his park went corporate he lost over 3/4 of his yard which is out behind his trailer, going down towards a pond that used to be fenced in. Pond is no longer fenced in either. What sucks is that someone moved a trailer into the open lot next door and is taking up a lot of what he thought was his back yard but is now common ground. How come no one told him about the common ground thing. He mowed all of that extra yard for the last 20yrs and it wasn't even his yard anymore. When he moved in the park back in 1975 he wanted a big yard and thought is what he had and the manager of the park actually walked the lot with him to show him where he was to mow. Now, according to management, what he once mowed and thought was his yard is no longer his and the side yard? What side yard! All he has to mow now is something that might take only ten minutes. What a pathetic way to treat a resident that has been here for over 42 yrs. how do you join this class action suit.

• Kr
    KristinaH May 23, 2019

I'm a current resident in Cobus Green in Ocseola, In and have been harrassed constantly for the past year by management. Like clockwork we put in a work order only to get a bogus violation within 30 days. Recently it took 3 months to have our storm door replaced (broken due to rust) and then was charged 30 days later for $260. The notice for payment stated to be paid in our September 2018 rent and it was May 2019. Tried to pay rent on time, notifying them that the notice was invalid and they refused our rent payment because it didnt include the fee for the door. They then reissued the notice on may 6th after rent was already past due stating it was still due in may rent. We called corporate and filed a complaint and within 24hrs had a notice of violation on me door for a rake and garden hose. Walked just my street and 6 neighbors have the same out but only us received the notice of violation. Clearly harassment and retaliation.

cobusgreenresident Oct 17, 2020

@KristinaH Kristina H...we have been here several years and I am constantly picked at for one thing or another...we own our home and it is very nice...but these 'notices to quit' they send out are quite disturbing...they will not take care of their issues properly...and when they see a weed in my area...we get a notice to quit! I swear to God...no weeds. I asked them to show me. I am going to a lawer and if there is a class action suit...we will certainly join it.

• Bo
    Bonni Levesque Oct 26, 2018

We are very interested in joining a class action suit against Sun Communities. We have lived in Sunset Ridge, Kyle, TX for 17 yrs. There were no problems until Aug. 2017 when new manager, Kim B, took over. By years' end, she had issued 134 citations to the 172 lots here. It has not got any better!
    Summer of 2018, a petition was circulated throughout the community, yielding 104 signatures. This was sent to corporate. Response was an attempt to pacify us, but nothing has changed. Manager is still rude, unprofessional, and bullying. Residents are moving out every day. Corporate appears not to care. What can be done?

• Km
    kms1972 Oct 26, 2018

@Bonni Levesque Bonnie, please go to No Longer a Victim on facebook. we can discuss all inquiries there in private! thank you!!!

• Ct
    CTuraniczo Nov 09, 2018

@Bonni Levesque If you find out what to do could you please let me know. I have the same problem in the resort I’ve been living in for over a year and use to work at. The new manager bullied the staff to the point of us quitting. I was the first to leave. I still stayed living there and the park has gone down hill. Today 11/9/18 we were sent the weekly newsletter and the manager says any vehicles that are not neat and clean in appearance are not allowed in the park. But yet she allows certain residents go with having very dirty rigs and she has not kept up with keeping the resort clean in appearance. She did make an attempt to polish things up only before our seasonal guests returned. She also sticks her nose where it doesn’t belong, I was having a conversation with some other guests about my sons involvement in a very serious car accident, she had the odacity to walk up and ease drop. I had made complaints to corporate and so have many others and have gotten nowhere. I know I will face harassment from this, I usually do eventually. Please let me know if there’s any help out there.

Maria Willson Dec 09, 2018

@Bonni Levesque Hi, I'm in Michigan, wondering how you are progressing. I tried to find something on the no longer a victim, no luck under sun homes.. I know people who have gone to court and won.. Pictures, statements, documentation and each time you're a resident communication, have the secretary stamp and sign the document. Nothing verbal matters they get sudden alshimers. Most are too scared to put their name on anything, for fear of being targeted. Look to the California lawsuit for details, and you can contact the people there for advice, don't give up. Your not alone! I'm doing the same here. Maria Willson on facebook. I'll give you my number.

Britta Zahm Dec 18, 2018

@Maria Willson I won my law suit and yet they still continue to screw something up again and again...won't be long and I'll be in court again...they don't like me very much bc I speak up and put my foot down. Walking over me doesn't work...there illegal process and ways Will come to an end...Plus im a student in the legal law field...Britta

Britta Zahm Dec 18, 2018

@Britta Zahm @Maria
    Im in Grand Rapids, MI
    Britta

• Mi
    Missy A Short Mar 29, 2019

@Maria Willson Maria - I am also a home OWNER in Sun Communities Cider Mill Village in Middleville, MI.
    The behaviors and harassment of myself by that management has become virtually unbearable and I am truly glad to see that there well might be a class action suit out there as this is EXACTLY what I mentioned to the regional level last year when this targeting truly began!!!
    Any guidance or help I can receive and/or give I sure am 100% ready to move on this myself!

• Li
    Lisa Parriott Jun 06, 2019

@Missy A Short I’m in cider mill too contacting a lawyer ! Something has to be done this cannot be legal

• Ba
    ba60 Sep 18, 2019

@Maria Willson What community are you from?

• Ev
    Evelyn Louise Jul 31, 2020

@Bonni Levesque I am also interested in joining this class action lawsuit. At the present time I am being harassed and falsely accused by the manager at River Plantation RV Resort. The manager had a letter sent to corporate in regards to poor property management and she assumed I sent this letter so she went around the park and gathered statements from her personal friends and had them write a letter saying I was bullying and harassing them. I have never bullied anyone or harassed anyone in my entire life. She has now given me 30 days to vacate the property. So unfair and all Totaly made up.