Having problems with Sun Communities?

Sun Communities reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 29, 2008. The latest review lot rent was posted on Mar 30, 2021. Sun Communities has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 90 reviews. Sun Communities has resolved 0 complaints.

Sun Communities Customer Service Contacts

27777 Franklin Road, Suite 200
Southfield, Michigan

Sun Communities Complaints & Reviews

Sun Communitieslot rent

i live at Glen Laurel. i dont understand why the lot rent goes up every year
with 2020 being a horrible year for everyone why up the lot rent we started at $495 a month and are now up to $545. but it is going up next month at our anniversary date i was in ICU with the virus for 3 weeks and my husband had it too and was off work too we complain to the office and they say it is corporate who raises the lot rent we have nothing here that includes the lot rent except the pool that was closed the first 2 weeks of lasr season and cant even use the community center because of covid Nothing is included we have to take care of our own lawns and pay for water and recycling
i have no idea what our lot rent will go up to next month but im sure it is at least $25 more for what? dont put the blame on office here when they put blame on you

Sun HomesCave Creek, Evans Colorado

I have live at Cave Creek for over 7 years. This community was always in very pristine condition (homes, yards and parks). Over the last two + years it appears upper management has become lax (lazy) and our community looks like any other park in NOCO (trashed). It only takes for a drive through the community to see outside storage has become more than a problem. You'd see mattress, tires, storage tubs, doors, trailers loaded with trash parked in driveways, homes with no screen doors or grass. The new manager is never seen, and you can never get her on the phone. It is very disappointing to say the least and even with COVID-19 Sun had the nerve to raise the rent even with so many people struggling. What happened Sun Homes? This used to be a place people wanted to live. Now they can't wait to get out!
    Something needs to happen soon!!!

• Si
        Sick & Tired Apr 11, 2021

My first year at River Ranch ATX was awesome my second year has been a total nightmare! The grass hasn't been cut in 2 months & I'm still being charged! I've checked the other communities run by sun homes & their grass is manicured but River ranch is not! We're under new management and you can tell but yet the clubhouse where the office is stays nicely manicured the grass is getting cut weekly but in the back where the residents are is straight trash! There's lots of trash behind the homes I've even purchased a stick to pick up the trash with because it's gotten so bad and the maintenance don't pick it up they ride right past it in their golf carts!

Sun CommunitiesDog park construction

I've written a complaint on a dog park going in at kings lake debary Florida, no one contacted the water front homeowners to ask us how we felt the park is right outside our living room windows. The noise and the smell and the constant foot traffic will take away from my property value and it will take away my privacy in my home with people looking in my windows all day. No one was notified about this, please contact me.

Sun CommunitiesManagement/Referral Bonuses

First off, when i was buying in Country Hills Village, Sandi stated she was going to work on a brokered home for me. Instead of working for me, she raised the prices $25, 000 out of my range and never told me. I had to follow up with her! She then tried to defend herself over it. I ended up with another home. Her boyfriend paints and it is HORRIBLE!!! Floors are all bowed and the home was not sat correctly. Paint is peeling off the walls. The flooring her company did is bubbling (within 3 months of living here), the wood trim was rotted around the front door, and the front door placed on this home was in a fire! She is constantly drunk at work and very rude. Everyone in the community dislikes her and dislikes how she talks to us residents. I haven't heard one good thing from any of my neighbors.

Then per the Sun referral program, i was scheduled to fix some of the issues with that money. Per the website it states $1000 for a buyer and $100 for a renter. After FOUR MONTHS i received $100 when the referred person BOUGHT not rented. I was then told that it is correct and is what it is. $100 will NOT fix all the issues that were just covered up. It will also not fix the disrespect that i have received. I haven't lived here long and while it is a nice community the management and company itself is so mis-representing. All the emails back and forth for the referral and me stating over and over that i was expecting the $1000, not one person in those four months stated it was not $1000

Feb 10, 2021

Sun Communities — Pebble creek mobile homes greenwood indiana

Unintentionally paid january $109 to short and payment wasn't returned nor were we notified except...

Sun CommunitiesMobile home

My lease expired in July of 2020 and turned into a month to month lease. My roommate moved out in February of 2020. When the lease expired I asked for a new one to be created so I could get a new roommate. Filled out all of the documents and 6 months later I still have an expired lease. Now I have to fill them all out again. And my old roommate has to come from 3 hours away just to remove herself from an expired lease. The worst part is that they've made me pay $200 extra a month to have a month to month lease even though I requested a new lease and turned in the documents before my original lease expired. Now they're making it hard for me to move but also hard for me to stay with the hike in rent and the fact that they never filed any of my paper work in july.

Sun CommunitiesExcessive yearly rent hikes, poor management

First of all, we were lied to about repairs that were supposedly done. We bought the place as is, but they assured us about the repairs being done. They weren't, we ended up having to fix the skylight and roof, replaced a toilet and every time it rains, the backyard floods to the point of being a swamp. Every year the lot rent increases and exceeds the mortgage rates. The community is more ghetto than suburb. The handyman actually wrote a note on duct tape and put it on my wifes car, a company work car. Rarely snow is plowed and salt thrown on ice. There are numerous potholes and large cracks and crevices in the sidewalks.

Sun CommunitiesNew reservation policy at castaway in Berlin Maryland.

We have been staying at castaways for the past 10 years at the same site. Many friends of ours stay in the same area with us in club castaways. Starting February 1, 2021, a new reservation policy will be in place. This policy does not provide us the loyalty privilege of reserving the same site as in previous years. It's open season on reservations starting February 1. This means that all of us campers that have developed extended family and friends over the years will likely be separated and our years of fun at castaways will come to an end because of this very unfair new reservation policy. It certainly appears that corporate officials that have no experience in camping have made a very irrational decision to put this unfair policy into place starting February 1. Is this what corporate management is all about??? Please reconsider this new reservation policy and cancel it before February 1. All of the campers that have been loyal to castaways for 10 plus years should receive some priority and extra consideration so they can keep the site they have had for years. Read the social media posts!! No one is pleased with the new reservation policy.
              Thank you for your time.
              Joe Gadbois

Sun CommunitiesMaintenance

We had a new maintenance person this year the best thing that ever happened to this park I was seeing so much getting done. The man had so much experience in everything. I guess my complaint is if he was hired to be the top maintenance person why would you not give him the position, instead you let him go to another park. Wow Big Mistake !!! He was great! Sun Communities needs to look at the park.

Sun CommunitiesOffice management is terrible and maintenance is terrible as well at sheffield in auburn hills mi estate

Management alone is beyond terrible. This community is constantly under new management and maintenance and its getting worse and worse. The current manager lori is very rude. Maintenance orders are not being completed. When you call to inquire about maintenance issues lori gives total attitude and nothing is done. Its winter now and no plowing/salting is being done. All homes in the community is $1, 000 + monthly and we can't get things fixed or have our streets plowed and salted. This community is a total mess!!! Something needs to be done asap

Dec 08, 2020

Pine Ridge Sun Communities — I paid my rent at pine ridge and one money order was misplaced / stolen for 35.00r

It was stolen by an office worker I believe her name is Kelly, I proposed this because she has harass me in...

Nov 02, 2020

Sun Communities — Harassment

I bought a mobile home at blue jay mobile home park about 6 months ago. Since I have moved here the park...

Sun CommunitiesCobus green mobile home community in osceola, indiana

I own my home and it is quite nice... So they only get lot rent from us... Not a year goes by when the rent goes up... There are many homes in here with unsatisfactory conditions in one way or another... Sheet in the window/broken blinds/rusty siding/cardboard in the window/junk piled outside/sheds which do not match the dwelling, rotting wood along the bottom edge; and just plain nasty to look at. One place has skirting laying all kittywampas and not where it belongs... My home is well kept/ maintained/my shed matches the house which they once told me to paint to match the house... What? Well now they tell me to repaint the shed door... Which no one can see. I could go on and on... I am tired and am looking for property. Noone needs this bullying.

Oct 15, 2020

Sun Communities — Feedback

October 15, 2020 This is a complaint against Lakeshore Landings over 55 Community Located at 2000 33rd...

Sun CommunityManager / corporate

For well over a month I've been trying to get a copy of my seven day or 14 day vacation so that I can have a Agency help me pay some of my rent or all of it I was advised through The area manager for Holiday West in Holland here to go to the office and get a copy of Eviction notice they meaning Bobbie and Stephanie in the front office refused to give me a copy of that the last one I received was in August I need a current one they gave me a rent ledger which is totally

Sun Communities/Sun Villa Estates, Reno, NVAccess link to pay my rent online... Thank you

I've contacted my Sun Villa Office and they don't know the link to access the portal so I can pay my rent online. I've been a resident here for almost 21 YEARS. I want to look at my rental account and possibly make a change to online payment. Thank you for your information to get me to the functioning portal
                        /// ANN KENT /// [protected], Lot 096 in Reno, NV

Ann M Kent Sep 02, 2020

RentPayment.com, powered by Yapstone is what finally got me to the page and information that I spent hours hunting for. It's all there. My history and payment options. Thanks to my persistence.

Sun CommunitiesOutrageous water bill at (southwood village in grand rapids michigan)

We have just received our water bill for 7/1/2020 to 8/3/2020. It states I have used 4000 more gallons of water this month than last month. Our sewage and water charges have doubled. I have watered my lawn no more than normal. For this type of increase, I could have watered a golf course. Many of my neighbors have also been hit with a ridiculous increase in their bill as well.
                          Management says they are coming to check the meter at my home. Gainesville Township says that they only read one meter for the entire park.
                          The park has had several water line issues and our water has been shut off for short periods of time this past month. The park sprinkler system waters the road as much as it waters the lawn. This issue has been brought to the attention of the management twice by me alone. I am hoping that by reaching out to you that this issue will be address in a timely fashion.
                          Mr. Robert Reycraft
                          6277 Merino Ave. SE
                          Grand Rapids Mi. 49548

Aug 05, 2020

Sun Communities — Giving me the run-around

Academy West-Point (Canton) denied me back in June for having a "low" FICO and credit score when both score...

Jul 09, 2020

Sun Communities — Blue jay mh park

The manager of this park, heather, has no clue what goes on in any regard and offers zero supervison of the...

Sun CommunitiesA resident

I live in Oakview Estates. My neighbor, Don, in Lot 71, today threatened to call the sheriff because I was cutting my lawn and using a blower to clean off my sidewalk. He said that it is causing his air conditioning to break down. I believe he is mentally unstable and should not be living here by himself. If he believes that grass clipping will cause problems in an A/C unit that is designed to be outside, then something is wrong with his thought process. This is only the tip of the iceberg of the things Don says to the residents of our park on a regular basis. He is a nusense.