Menu

Stop & Shop  - Uncomfortable shopping experience

M
Author of the complaint
1:25 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir.

I've summited a written complaint several weeks ago, and yet I have not gotten a response. Maybe it an oversight on my part for not leaving My contact Information. so here it is Mr. Eric Goldwire P. O box 2711 Oak Bluffs Ma. 02557

email Address - [protected]@aol.com.

My Complaint was about two store managers (Christine and Mr. Scott P.)

as I said in my complaint, I've work at the Martha's Vineyard Hospital for thirty plus year, where we preserve life every day. And I also work at the Dukes County Courthouse where we prostitute criminals every day.

I say this to inform you that I am Not a criminal as a matter of fact I'm a up standing citizen of the United State of America. and I should not have to be criminalize for no valid reason.

I know you have sophisticated surveillance systems installed within each store. Not only are you able to witness customers clandestine behavior but you are also able to review ill behavior employees. so please review your surveillance footage for the last two year and you will see for yourself. How I am singled out and criminalize for no reason. I'm a very well-dressed Black Man who shop at your store around 6:00 to 7:00 pm daily. (Because I like to each fresh.)

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully Yours

Mr. Eric Goldwire

Update by Mr. Eric Goldwire
Mar 23, 2022 9:55 am

this is the third time I'm sending to you this complaint. and the reason for this is I'm not sure you received my first attempt to express my discomfort when shopping at your Edgartown Store.

so, this is how my daily encounter plays out at this location.

I walk into store, and I'm followed around store and Apone checkout there's a manager standing behind or at the register me making sure I paid for all item I've selected. there have been a few times when the cash register has been closed down after my checking out.

You could only imagine how very welcome and uncomfortable this would make any shopper feel.

and as I mentioned in other notes. I work for the Martha's Vineyard Hospital Fulltime for the last 30 plus years and Work parttime at the Dukes County Courthouse at which both jobs pay me very well. I have no reason or need to shoplift anything from your establishment. I've been a homeowner for 30 plus years on the Vinyard and Never experienced anything like this ill treatment.

We also have a home Narragansett Rhode Island and shop at the stop shop with no problems or discrimination.

Update by Mr. Eric Goldwire
Mar 23, 2022 3:33 pm

this complaint is in conjunction with my previous complaint about two stop & shop managers at the Edgartown store location on Martha's Vineyard.

I wanted it to be known that I'm a senior citizen of 66 years and I should not be subjected to this intimidation and discrimination every time I go shopping. as I may have mentioned, I'm a year-round resident here on Martha's Vineyard and I deserve the right to shop without being intimidated each time I walk into Stop & shop.

Helpful? 0 0