Stater Bros/staters Brand Catfood Lg. Cannedcontaminated wet catfood

T

I have fed my Cats Stater's Brand Canned Catfood for years. The last few weeks my cats have been unable to eat any of it!! Plus the stray cats and possums outside are not eating it either!! I tried adding another brand catfood to the Staters canned catfood and "Still" none of the animals are eating it!! My Cats were starving and getting thin so I am now spending over TWICE as much money on Friskies canned catfood and my cats are eating it all up!
I am afraid that the Stater's Canned Catfood may be contaminated and possibly DANGEROUS to Cats!!!

Nowell00 Nov 10, 2018

I have been feeding my 3 cats starter bros large can canned cat for for a few months. All of a sudden, they stopped eating it. One of them became deathly ill. I switched to Friskies and overnight there was a huge difference. There is definitely something wrong with the canned cat food. I believe the turkey, chicken and beef and liver has some sort of contaminant. I put some in a bowl on the counter to look at it and a half an hour later I went back and was covered in White Dry specs. Didn't know what this was. The white specs ended up coming out in the animal feces. Almost lost my poor Thomas, who is a registered ESA animal.

• Gr
    Gretchen Dupree Dec 17, 2017

i am having a problem with the stater bros brand dry cat i purchased for my 5 indoor cats 1 week ago. they are vomitting and have diarrhea severly.

• He
    Heather Stewart Start Sep 02, 2017

I have several inside cats and outside feral cats. I feed them Friskies dry food and the large cans of Stater Bros wet cat food. Over the past month, the cats will either not eat the large can Turkey dinner, or if they do, they start throwing up several hours later. I started giving them the Chicken and Tuna dinner exclusively, but now they won't eat that either. So, I thought I'd give the Turkey dinner a try again yesterday, and they have been throwing up all day today. I'm switching to Friskies tomorrow and will complain to Stater Bros. as it appears there is something very wrong with their large can wet food products.

Sally Papoff Nov 07, 2016

I have the same problem with my ferals. As a trap, neuter, return believer, I feel responsible for them afterwards. They won't touch it now, even though I've given it to them for over a year with the dry food. Ferals are usually grateful for any food but not this one. I sure don't want to poison them after the expense of neutering them!

• St
    Steven E Potts Sep 01, 2017

@Sally Papoff It would be nice to know WHICH Stater Bros cat food you are talking about. They have numerous formulations and names for their large cans of cat food.