Standard Chartered BankSME bridging loan

S Nov 29, 2020

Dear Mr Patrick and Officer in Charge

Good day to all. I beseech if you could review how your credit team assess the eligibility & approval of our application of SME bridging loan.

I am a minority shareholder of this Singapore Company - CW YIT & Associates PAC whom we have submitted an application since July 2020. The officer in charge of this are Cheryl Tan Zhiqi. After so many months of waiting, I am disgusted to hear that the application was rejected with no basis. I used to be a Priority Banking customer of SC HK years ago as well as having had received an offer from your personal banking for a private residential loan in 2013 which I had to declined because of favorable rates given by my OCBC Premier Banking. I do not have any outstandings with SC now and neither do my major shareholder whom is also a OCBC Premier banking customer. The amount loan is merely sgd70k and yet your credit assessment team has declined without assessing the business nature of our Company as well as the shareholders profile and qualifications cum long standing experiences. It is a real insult and embarrassment as well as wasting so much of our precious time reverting to your officers but to given such a disappointing reply.

It would great if you could revert why we are not eligible, failing which I would have no choice but to refer to other authorities to understand why our applications has failed. In my 20 over years of banking experiences, SC is a resourceful bank with great customer services and it would be sad to be spoiled by shady banking officers at the back... Feel free to contact me anytime at my mobile: 8139 6652. I would be happy to address you all your queries. Thanks and have a wonderful Sunday.