Sst Card Servicescollector yelling at me on phone

my name is Pauline Bmante, and i received a letter dated April 22 2012, stating that i could enroll in the second chance program, to lower more affordable monthly payments, the ability to establish a positive payment history, etc...etc.
when asked about this program, was told that it no longer applied to me. wonted payments that i cannot afford.
I am a senior citizen that is no longer working receiving social security only. collector that i talked to started yelling at me, and i
told him i was filling bankruptcy and he called me a Lie. nasty man to deal with.

• Tr
    truth-fairnessKid Aug 06, 2016

This post is exactly correct. I have had this SST/Deeto card for years. They are out of Columbus, GA, and you cannot find a number online to call. I have had this card set up thru my online checking account. They claim they are not direct deposited as most other financial institutions, and that their funds are sent thru the mail. So, thru the years at least 2x per year, they will call and say they didn't get the payment. Without looking at my account I authorize another payment on the account. Today, I get a call, and instead of authorizing an additional payment, I looked at my checking account to review the payments. Because I sent a payment out on the 1st of the month and they did not receive it by the 6th in a previous month, I was charged $35 late fee. So, I backed the payment date up to be sent out on the 30th of the month. Guess what they did with that, the applied it to my BALANCE because they received it before the due date, before the billing cycle was finished. THIS IS A SCAM!!! Why in the world would anyone continually send $50 more than the min. payment due, $98. 1 time every month and not intend it to be posted as a PAYMENT. I asked to talk to a supervisor, a man named "Shawn Mintz" came on the line with an attitude, the first thing he did was sigh at each letter as he spelled his last name, as if it was hurting him to speak. I asked for all my late payments to be removed because this is a SCAM, he was so rude, it was ridiculous. He raised his voice, and kept repeating himself, "that's just how it is, if we receive the payment early we put it toward the principal", and added, "that's just how it is, why don't you understand"... I asked to talk to his supervisor, he said her name was Mandy and she was not available until the end of next week. So, I asked for her supervisor; he said there is no way I could have her supervisor, nor for Mandy to call me when she returns, I would just have to deal with it. Knowing how hard it is to find a contact number for this company, which I'd tried online many times thru the years, he knew I had no where to go. They called from [protected].

August 6, 2016 We should all report them:
    Consumer Financial Protection Bureau @ http://www.consumerfinance.gov/ and the FTC @ ftc.gov and the Better Business Bureau in their supposed home state of Georgia