Squareup.comLong hold on my money and no customer support

N

Started using squareup.com to accept credit card payments from my customers in January, 2011. Used it four times without incident. Took a $1200 payment in March, 2011 and only received a partial payment to my bank account. After submitting a request through their email and not hearing back for over a week, I figured out, via their FAQ, s, they still consider me a "new" customer and they hold amounts over $1, 000 per month for 30 days. No contact from them yet so I've decided to switch to Intuit's GoPayment service and close the Squareup account as soon as I get the rest of my money. I certainly will not and do not recommend this company as their customer service is non- existent and they appear to want to make money on your money while they hold it.

• Ra
    Ranny4 Nov 05, 2018

On the 14th of March i brought 2 pairs of low cut converse sneakers
    I received the wrong size shoes and would like to be able swap them to the proper size
    The pair of shoes were delivered to Australia
    To contact me please email me at [email protected] or contact me on [protected].

• Ju
    Justin Lazard Aug 15, 2018

Kima Anderson robbed me 3times for total 750 $ I wanna refund and press charges
    Payement to $Blepay. This is u acceptable!!

• Ca
    Cafe D'Afric Dec 22, 2015

I have been their customer since December 2015 and was receiving my payments regularly. However, they stopped sending my money for four days and could not get hold of anyone at the company. You can't even get their phone numbers to call. I am so frustrated and had to call the attorney
    General's office to complain. This company looks to be a rip-off and I would not recommend them to anyone.

• Po
    polarbearmom Jan 17, 2013

They keep holding my transactions, now Square has over $7000.00 of my money!!! They are NOT honoring their guidelines that states WHEN my money will be deposited in my account. I think they are PLAYING with my money! I feel that this company IS NOT secure. It's been over a week now. If I don't hear from someone by tomorrow, I am contacting the attorney general. Does anyone know where they are located or have any suggestions??

• Tr
    Trinity2011 Oct 11, 2011

I WOULD WITHDRAW ANY MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT ...THESE PEOPLE MIGHT JUST DEPLETE IT ALSO...I SMELL SCAM!!!

• Tr
    Trinity2011 Oct 11, 2011

UPSQUARE SUCKS...I TRIED THEM OUT AND ONLY DID 2 TRANSACTIONS FOR A TOTAL OF $400.00 THIS LAST SAT. AND NOW IT'S TUESDAY AND THEY HAVE YET TO DEPOSIT MY MONEY...WHAT THE F...!!!

• Ge
    gerryb Aug 22, 2011

There's a new solution from SalesVu which is cheaper and has more features for mobile businesses. It seems to be picking up; has a marketing feature that integrates with Facebook too.

• I too have had a pleasurable experience with Square Up. Like the comment before mine, check the FAQ's before you complain! When I first signed up with them, I emailed them because I knew I would go over the $1, 000 a week threshold. They responded with a link to fill out a form. I filled it out and got an increase to $3, 000 a week. The threshold is only for manually pined cards, not everything. There is more liability on them processing cards that are not present. I told them 90% of my business is over the phone and email with my clients since I do web development and they were more than happy to increase for me. I have since canned my other merchant (Paynet Systems) because they lied to me several times and actually talked bad about a company they never processed through. I think it is just bad practice to ever talk bad about another company. Square's customer service number is above and works, but seems like their response on email is getting much faster. Posts a month ago were saying a couple to a few days, but I received response by the very next day.

Hope this helps in any ones decisions

Chris

I FOUND THE NUMBER FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! [protected]
    Call THEM~!

• El
    Elle26 Jun 25, 2011

Some people just can't seem to read the website before complaining. Before I sign up for ANYTHING I read all the FAQ's, help forums, etc to make sure I know what I am getting into. Have been using Square for a couple months now and love it. Use both swiped and manual CC's and it works great. When I first started, I wasn't sure if I would go over the $1, 000 limit in one week for new customers but business was booming and my first week was to collect over $2, 000 in payments. I just sent them an email asking for an increase, they sent an email back with a link where you fill out some information and they got back to me a few days later saying they increased my weekly amount to $5, 000. During the few days (it was during a holiday weekend so I didn't expect an immediate response) that I was waiting for a response, I figured out that I could create a secondary account under a second checking account I had so I could still collect payments and it wouldn't get tied up in the $1, 000 limit. Worked great, now use the second account as a back up. They respond fairly quickly via Twitter @sqsupport All the fees and limit information is listed on their website - READ IT!

• Al
    Alice Mrdic Aug 03, 2018

@Elle26 Obviously a shill.

• AVS-Duracse, Inc.
    Jim Forbes, Atlanta, Ga.
    [email protected]

I too have the same problem with Square Up. I had been with Citi Merchant Accounts (used to be EFSB) for twenty three years, never had a charge back and never had a hold on my money. The big reason I left Citi is I was looking for the ability to swipe a card on site and save the additional cost of a non swipe transaction. If you have to wait on you money for a month or more, you may as well do net thirty billing and keep the fees yourself. This really stinks and I don't even know if it's legal but before I let a start-up hold my money I'll just go back to Citi!! You are right about the "customer no-service".

• El
    ElPAdrino May 27, 2011

It happen the same to me, even they said you can request the money earlier it is not true,
    I wrote them twice in 15 days and still haven't get my money.
    And do not matter if you are new costumer or not they will all ways hold your money if you go over $1000 and they will start doing partial payments the next month for another month.
    I will not recommend squareup