Sprintfraudulent company

N

My fiance and I have been with Sprint for approximately three years, and have renewed our contract a few times in the course, as we have upgraded phones. Every now and then we'll have a glitch with the company, but as of late, things have gotten progressively worse.

About four months ago, we started getting charged for Jamster ringtones we never downloaded or authorized. We were instructed by Sprint that they weren't responsible for charges from third parties, and we had to pay the 6.99 and click unsubscribe on our account page at Sprint.com. We did so. Next month, same charges. The rep this time took off the charges and walked us through the same steps. Next month, same charges. The representative again told us he couldn't take the charges off, and we had to unsubscribe. I got irate, and told him what he was going to do-- take off the charges, and make sure the d--m thing stayed off. Needless to say, it didn't work. Contacting Jamster was near impossible, but finally I got through to a guy who spoke English about as well as my friend's Boston terrier. When I threatened legal action for fraud, he spoke English real nice and took the ring tones off. Funny, huh?

I thought it was over, but then guess what? We had a UPstage phone die! My fiance had replacement plan, though, and only had to pay 50 dollars to get it replaced. I think that's a rip, but it was clearly stated and he agreed to the terms. Long story short, they mailed us a new phone, but didn't properly instruct activation. We were getting messages from the Verizon network about unavailable services. Great, right? Various techs told me how I had done something wrong, and one girl ventured to tell me to remove the battery-- battery?! Anyone who has seen an UPstage knows they are built like an mp3 player-- that is, internal, unremovable battery. Real competent personnel, huh? I finally got someone who would listen instead of talk at me, and we figured out the problem-- we had been given the wrong codes to type in.

Well, this new phone would give us another kick in the pants when our bill came. It seemed they had taken off the text message package, the PCS vision package, everything that we had on that line when the phone was replaced. It doesn't make sense why they'd do that, especially as I had been assured they would NOT do that (call me paranoid, I suspected them by now). The man offered to take off the 20 something dollar charge for the packages being re-added and we would only have to pay the 29 something for the used text messages and the 60 something for internet. I politely informed him what he could do with that offer, and that the charges would all be taken off and the account set up correctly. I pride myself on being persuasive, and he fixed it. Good.

Well, the UPstage didn't seem to hold up to my fiance's abuse-- works on docks with freight-- and he wanted something a bit more pocket-friendly. He saw the Musiq and fell in love, so he got that one. The girl at the kiosk (we don't apparently have Sprint stores anymore in the world, given runarounds from the past) told him it was all set up, nothing would change, and there was no need to pay any upgrade fees as it would not be classified as an upgrade. Terrific! A few days later, the phone freezes, the outside buttons stop working. He consults the Sprint store here in town, and all they can do is try another battery in it. Nothing doing. He is told to take it back where he got it. Now, when we have had faulty phones in the past, we take them back, they give us a new one, no problem. The kiosk we had used, please shoot me now, was in a mall an hour away. We get there and the girl won't switch it out unless we have the box and everything, even though they have never asked for that before. New policy, apparently, so the fiance goes all the way back the next day to get his phone.

Now, that isn't the end of it. Our bill came.. and guess what was on there? Yes! TWO upgrade fees of 19.00!! Charges for text message use, as well as a text message plan-- apparently, plans don't cover use anymore? And here's to boot, the new plan my fiance had apparently signed up for with another non-English person was supposed to be unlimited messaging for both lines for 20? It was listed under my phone number, even though his is primary. Weird, no? Here's the clincher-- there was also a TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR equipment fee!! Needless to say, my happy little butt was on that phone in an instant.

Sprint apparently doesn't want our business, because I talked to no less than SIX people, all of whom told me different things about the text plans, several who refused to remove the upgrade fees (one who finally did), a few who wouldn't take off the text fees (ah, another finally did), two 'supervisors' who shouldn't work for an English speaking company and then get mad at ME when I can't understand them (snotty you-know-what, hope she's fired, I was being polite), and someone who suggested that we drive back to the kiosk with our credit card statement, the bill, and the phone and argue it with them. I was foaming at the mouth by this time, and came pretty close to smoking again and ruining my seven months nicotine free. The head honcho woman I finally got to said all she could do was remove the text messaging fee, the two charges for upgrades (which we shouldn't have had, and if we should have, there was only one fricken phone line with a new cell!), and open a case about the 200 bucks.

Funny thing is, the phone was 299.00 plus tax, I believe, which made it around 314 or so, give or take for my bad math. We paid with Capital One, the payment cleared. Where did an even 200 come from? Nobody seems to know. I thought maybe it was the battery, but my fiance popped that theory-- the girl at the store who tried a new battery never gave it to him to keep, never took his name or phone number, and never saw any identification. In other words, she couldn't have put it on a bill. As it stands, Sprint said they would look into it and contact US when they figured out what happened. All I have to say is, if they try to charge us late fees for nonpayment of SUSPENDED charges, I'm going to blow.

Reviewer21953 Nov 05, 2015

I have returned to the Sprint store 4 times trying to get the Sprint landline to work. The phone does not work in my condo. Incoming calls go straight to voicemail. For days on end, I have no service at all. Don't buy one of their landline modem phones. I am paying for a phone that does not even work.

Reviewer23441 Oct 22, 2015

As of September 15, 2017, I have been back and forth with sprint's customer service regarding the fact that I don't have internet on a regular and reliable basis. Also my calls are dropping left and right and I am always data roaming. My HTC phone apparently cannot stay connected to sprint's spark network that they have implemented in the US Virgin Islands. What am I supposed to do? I have talked to sprint repeatedly about my problems, their solution was to get another phone. As soon as I walked out the sprint store, my phone went from LTE to 3G. When that happens I might as well try talking with two cups connected by a string. I asked sprint to allow me to transfer my installment payments to a new phone that can stay connected to their network. They won't let me, I have to pay off the HTC M8 phone, that lacks reliable internet and call capability. I am being cheated by Sprint and this has pretty much done it for me where this company is concerned. I bought my phone and pay every month for services I am not receiving and sprint doesn't care. I would like to get another phone that can stay on the LTE spark network. Not pay off the HTC M8, but transfer my payments to the new phone. I believe sprint knew ahead of time that certain phones would not be compatible with their network but continued selling them to their customers .

• Da
    Daddy For Hairy Pussy Apr 08, 2014

You need to call your credit card company or your bank for your debit, tell them you want dispute the charges that was charged to your credit/ debit card this is the only way to go around it

RE: Raymond Gilliard Apr 08, 2014

They received the phone over a week ago from today but now they are telling me I may have to wait about (2)-months to receive my money back which was over ($300)-dollars. I only made (2)-calls, and the phone was returned within the (14-day) return policy. I would also like to note that I am a U.S. Marine Corp. Veteran attending school here in Georgia, I am presently self-employed and in dire straights and I need my funds asap.

Tracking Number: 1Z6A866R8764080862

Reference Number(s):OW84180, [protected], [protected]-, QD82207, 00007123450693090403Service:

UPS 2nd Day Air®Weight: 2.00 lbs

Delivered On: 04/01/2017 7:55 A.M.

Delivered To: LOUISVILLE, KY, US

Signed By:OTTO

Left At: Inside Delivery

• Hj
    HJB2014 Feb 07, 2014

I have Sprint and been a customer of Sprint since 1995, but the service has gone down and down. I can not get calls or make calls from inside my home. If it is an emergency I will have to go outside and hope to get a signal. They sent me a signal enhancer which did not work.

• Vo
    VolvoStu Jan 15, 2014

I am paying sprint for 6gb of mobile hotspot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. When I call to complain, my call is routed to the phillipenes, where all they do is waste my time and appologize, but never resolve anything or find out why. Recently, sprint shut off my mobile hotspot use after only 3.04 GB of use, even though I am paying for 6, and have unlimited data on my phone itself, which has only used 4.86gb total, including phone and hotspot. The chick that calls you back when you email [email protected] told me I can take the phone an hour away to a store and have them check if it is correct or not, but even if it is correct, they will assume that their computers are right, and it will make no difference. They are stealing my money and not giving me what I am paying for. This should be illegal, but I am sure in America it is not any more.

• Er
    erlanio Dec 07, 2013

sprint is terrible the metro...crap company...

allansuggs Oct 17, 2013

Hey, When I had Sprint several years before, I was charged $1300, for phones that were returned back to Sprint. I had tracking numbers and everything to prove my case. I called and called them in order for the fee to be waived, nothing. So I finally submitted a BBB complaint, and guess what, they waived all those fees, and the only thing I had to pay was $41. Contact BBB they were life savers for me!!

• Em
    Emkaystar Apr 15, 2013

Well that is what I thought and I took it to Sprint and they said it was due to updates and this would happen each time they do an upgrade. I already have the Samsung Galaxy S II. Believe me it is Not the phone...

• Em
    Emkaystar Apr 15, 2013

15 years of customer loyalty and what do I get? When I 1st signed up with sprint I worked at the adler planetarium in chicago and my office was located in the sub basement. I can remember getting great call quailty wayyyy down there. And I understand that things have changed as well as the devices we use have changed and the amount of users and probably tripled since then. But in my opinion this company has fallen way offf my charts. What good is unlimited data, calling & texting if I can not use the phone for a phone. Dropped calls several times a day, lousy signal, text messages received 3-4 hours after sending. Calls never received... Texts never received... The most annoying is that I must reset everything in my phone from ring tones to notifications to roaming and alerts every-time sprint sneezes. It is ridiculous!~ and why is it I am running around outside or in a store trying to not lose a signal when I am on a call. This has been an on going problem that started 3 years ago when I went in to buy my first smart phone. Since that time I have called customer service several times, my husband tried calling and we have even went into the store maybe 3 times trying to get some answers. But always met with the same results, many apologies, many sorry for the inconveniences. But never have they resolved the issues. And never have they ever given me credit for shoddy service missed called or bad service. One time when when my mom passed away they they credited my account for $24 whoop dee doo dollars because we went over our call limits. I have stayed with sprint because they were the only company to offer unlimited data and with a smart phone you need it. Well until now! I can not say that I will like the call coverage better but all the most important places I visit has coverage and the fact that you are not locked into a 2 year contract and with their unlimited data package you get free hot spot usage not like the $29.00 charge from sprint. So first and foremost call quality and the ability to finish an entire conversation while on the phone are most important to me at this point. So I can leave them anytime I am not satisfied. Sounds good to me. The fact that my contract is up and sprint is not the only one to offer truly unlimited data any longer. I will be leaving sprint after 15 of being a loyal customer. Good bye!

• Sr
    S. Rogers Mar 26, 2013

I have been with Sprint for over 10 years and recently have been having problems with my cell phone by not being able to receive or make calls from my home. We don't have a land line so we depend on this service. Talking to customer service gets nowhere. I actually feel sorry for their reps since they don't seem to know what's going on, and they all tell us the same thing; reset your phone, the tower is down, but they don't have an answer as to when it will be running again. Some of them have transferred me to someone else, and I have to explain the entire story all over again. It is very frustrating. I will never sign up with them again. Service is going downhill; but they still mess up a lot and keep getting their money. Is anyone actually running that place?

• Ye
    yellownator Mar 26, 2013

I have cancelled my account on March 14th. I have called in to make payment on 18th. They have asked for a pin number that was issued 3 years ago. Of course I didn't remember. I only called in to make a payment since I no longer could pay online. They have told me they can't ACCESS my account because i didn't have my pin# with me. -______- WTFFF so then they have told me to go to an actual sprint store. Once i was there, they advised that my account was cancelled on 14th and that they too cannot access my file because i have cancelled the account and so that i have to wait until my bill comes. The bill came after 5 days and i was charged a late fee. I have called to have that waived and pay my bill but would not take off the late fee whatsoever even after i have explained to them what had happened. then they transferred me to a manager only to hang up on me when i was waiting for one... SPRINT CUSTOMERS SERVICE SUCKS AND RECEPTION SUCKS!

• Sp
    Sprint Haters Mar 18, 2013

My main reason for writing this review is due to the customer service sprint offers. I had a little issue with my phone and was recommended by a sprint store to take it to a sprint store which had a technician who could look at my phone. Thinking this was a good idea and I could actually use the insurance I have been paying for! I took it to the store told them that whenever I hook my phone up through bluetooth to my car cd player after about 20 seconds the phone would power cycle. The guy messed with some apps and told me to try it and if it still does it bring it back in. I tried it and again power cycle happened. This power cycle only happens when hooked up through the cd player so wasnt a big problem and a week later took it back to have them see if they could solve the problem. This time they told me to leave it with them and come back in an hour. I came back an hour later my phone was still taken apart and laying there so they could blame the pink strip and say has water damage and try to sell me on something. I told them the phone works fine, just put it back together and maybe when a phone I really want comes out I will upgrade. They put the phone back together and I was on my way. I hooked it up through bluetooth on my cd player thinking that the cleaning they said they did might have help but again it power cycled. I thought that the phone was just doing the normal power cycle because I was hooked up through the cd player but when I got home noticed my phone was freezing and power cycles happen about every 5 minutes and the phone screen lights on and off all the time now. I took the phone back in to tell them that they made the phone 1000 times worse but of course they would take no responsibility and because the water strip was pink they would not cover anything. I live in the Portland, OR area, I garentee that water strip turned pink a week after I got the phone with the amount of moisture in the air around here and I have had the phone for two years! I called sprint and they had no solution except ways to get me locked into a longer contract. Their best way of solving the issue was that they would credit me $50 dollars towards the $150 insurance payment for a refurbished phone but I would have to sign another 1 year contract. I guess I should have expected that a technician that sprint probably pays $8 an hour and gives a 2 hour class on how to repair cell phones isn't the smartest option. Should have just kept listening to cds! My phone worked great with my bluetooth headset before and now has issues:( Gonna have to get a new phone but it is not gonna be with sprint. I was hoping that they would at least waive the $120 fee to break my contract but they have no care for the customer and they make it real obvious once they know you do not want to play their contract game!

• Sh
    shadow1963 Jan 01, 2013

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 from Sprint and was told there would be 4G service by December..not only do i not get 4G service since i bought the phone when it first came out but i get no cell phone service anywhere... its the most horrible service i have ever had..if calls go thru, they are lost within seconds, or you cannot hear anything. I asked customer service rep why Sprint has no service and he said he does not know why its so bad!. Sprint data takes so long if it even shows up...usually comes up website not available. I have had it with Sprint. They should refund everyone with no penalty.Shame on Sprint.

• Co
    concernedje Dec 19, 2012

My credit card was charged for the cost of the new cell phone that I attempted to purchase in person but Sprint refused to provide me with the phone because, according to what Sprint explained, their systems reflected that the transaction could not be processed. I am waiting for the charge to be removed from my credit card but I am confused about how Sprint acknowledged that the charge was processed but could not provide me with the cell phone. I quickly contacted Sprint the following morning of this occurrence and they confirmed that the charge would take 24 hours to remove but I still need clarification about how something like this could occur and wanted to alert the consumer about this as well in the meantime.

matt p Dec 09, 2012

I am a fairly new customer with sprint. I have had nothing but bad service, horrible customer service since i started with them.It was everything from bad phones, bad reception and nothing but a waste of time with their customer service cause nothing was fixed or resolved.I wish i had never signed a contract with them, would not recomend them to anyone!!!

• Yo
    Young Truong Sep 13, 2012

I am in Everett, WA. I have been with Sprint for 13 years and I just canceled all 4 lines I have with them because of very poor customer service. The store manager at 3625 148th st sw, Lynnwood, WA. 98087 lied to me and lied to the customer service manager that I called at Sprint and you know what, the manager at Sprint took her word over mine. I got a new phone with 2 yrs contract for 119.99+tax=131.00 and their buy back program only paid me $18.49 for my Arrive phone. The total I paid after tax minus $18.49 for the buy back was $112.90. Which was OK with me. After I went home realized that none of my contacts nor pictures from Arrive phone got transferred to my new phone I wanted to buy back my old Arrive. I went back to the store to buy back my old phone and they said no. I call Sprint complaint, they won't do anything for me. The manager that handles the Seattle market wouldn't either. Then I cancel all my contracts with them and returned my new phone. They would not refund what I paid. I only got $112.90 back. What I should get back should be 119.99+9.4%tax=131.00+18.49 which should be $149.49 NOT $112.90. Is it too much to ask to just get your own money back? They told me "I can only refund what we charged on your card" WHAT? $149.49-$112.90=$36.59 is what they just rob from me! Can't buy back your old phone when your promised that you can before the deadline at the time you signed you new contract! WHAT??? store manager lied to you! WHAT??? area store manager backing a liar manager! WHAT??? Sprint complaint manager backing a liar store manager! WHAT??? I hope upper management from Sprint gets this message if they care about customer service. They pride themselves on #1 customer service. I sure don't see it!

and56rew Sep 07, 2012

We have had Sprint for over 10 years and have always been really happy until May, 2017 when they started upgrading ALL their towers at the same time. The complete lack of customer service is unreal. Every time I call (which is weekly) they give me another excuse or "lie" as to why my service is STILL awful. They make you beg for a credit on your bill...even when your phone is completely unusable. Don't even try their Internet - it's a bigger joke then their cell service. Overall...they don't care about their customers or customer loyalty and I am counting down the days until my contract is up and I can get rid of ALL my Sprint services once and for all. I will happily pay another provider more per month for services that actually WORK!

• Af
    Afilio May 02, 2012

I canceled one of my lines and paid cancellation fee plus that months Oct ’11 bill. I wanted to swap phones as well due to my Blackberry malfunctioning I couldnt afford another at that time. Customer Service had no knowledge of how to swap it took a week of communicating with customer service. In trying to swap the previous line was never cancelled due to waiting for end of bill cycle which was OCT 19th.

O K hear now both phones were turned off I didnt have a phone I demanded they swap back to my broken Blackberry eventually cancelled service completely they stated we cant cancel line till billing cycle is over.

I eventually switched to cricket; Sprint charged me another month of service when I totally requested service be cancelled. Sprint robbed me out of another month of service when I clearly request my service be cancelled after I previuosly cancelled my extra line. I was with Sprint for two years with everything plan. Now they’ve stooped to cheating people out an extra month of service when canceling.

I walk into a Sprint store on Thursday and order a iphone 4 for my daughters birthday on Saturday. Sprint store says no problem we will get it here tomorrow (Friday), we’ll call you about 11am. Guess what call I got at 11:30am…that’s right they didn’t deliver it and there are no deliveries on Saturday. Now they want me to wait until Monday for the phone to come in. The store is taking no responsibility and when I call Sprint direct they just give me a song and dance about how once the order is placed they can not do anything about it.

They can not even cancel the order knowing that I am willing to go to another further away Sprint store and get the same phone. I have been with Sprint for more years then I care to think, and this is the way they reward loyalty. Sprint phones…love em, Sprint coverage…love it, Sprint customer service…absolutely sucks. And they don’t even care.

• Km
    KM1102 Feb 03, 2012

I had this exact thing happen to me!!! I have called them and tried to straighten this out and they will not even send me a hard copy of my bill. I had the whole best buy thing happen as well. They said the same thing to me, Sprint said there was nothing they could do.

TammyHatesSprint Jan 25, 2012

I have comcast internet in my home for internet services, however wanted to purchase the card to take along for when I'm out of the home. I had a USB adapter years ago with Verizon that was approx 24.99 a month so I checked with Sprint. They said yes, they have one also with 4G 29.99 a month unlimited use. So I bougt the connecter for approx 125.oo which you could hook up to as many as 5 internet connections. Which I never use anyway, but I thought it may come in handy with my ipod touch...
    I was driving and received a text message on my phone with this new number connected to my internet access and a message I was close to overage charges. I immediately pulled over called 411 to get a number to speak to a representative. When I spoke with her I told her I signed up for unlimited use, and there was no way I wanted to have an internet connection I had to monitor minutes for. She assured me there were not going to be overage charges and that it was 29.99 a month flat fee.
    The following bill I receive a prorated charge of like 40.00 because ( idk really?) but I pay it.
    The following month I receive a bill 224.77 on my internet connection.
    When I call them to tell them there is an error, they tell me this is the plan I signed up for.
    I explain that I did not. I even called when I received text messages and I was assured I was on a 29.99 plan!
    The guy on the line kept trying to read me the same "script" for this rebutle...
    Finally when i ask him to stop that, and give me to someone else, his "supervisor" tells me again i have to pay this amount and that there is no record or notes recording my call. (of course! how convenient) I ask to speak to her supervisor to take this off my account, get reimbursed for the 125. for the equipment, the 40.00 proration and to remove the 224.77 from my bill.
    She tells me I will take that off of your plan but there is an early cancel policy she will charge me 200.oo to cancel my internet plan!!!
    I told her to do what she has to do, she can kiss my a**!!! I am deducting the 224.77 from my bill and thats all I am paying. If they want to lose a customer of 3-4 years I will go to another provider. And I hung up! I am furious, and I am not sure what is going on but I know I am being totally ripped off!!!

• Na
    native528 Jan 05, 2012

Yes you are 100% correct when you say that Sprint is a fraudulent organization. We also signed up for 3G/4G internet over a year ago and were unaware that as of December 2017 that the service was discontinued. According to a "MANAGER" they sent out a letter stating the the changes were going to take place. Of course we never received the letter either. Keep in mind that we have been faithful Sprint customers for well over 10 years with no issues EVER arising. The company changed our plan without our knowledge and tacked on a 500 dollar charge after doing so stating that we went "over the limit of usage". After talking with someone that identified them self as a manager I was LUCKY enough to negotiate a deal that would cut our bill in half, so now we owe them $250 as opposed to $500. I can't believe that this company can get away with being so unethical. We are currently opening a case with the better business bureau and Federal Communication Commission to plead our case and hopefully find a resolution to this problem with Sprint. It would be ideal if anyone who has experienced this sort of business practice from Sprint to do the same thing. Maybe with enough complaints against them we can all find some sort of satisfaction from Sprints unethical business practices/policies.

• Vl
    Vldrcp1 Dec 31, 2011

Sprint is indeed a fraulent company. Signed up October of 2017 for 3G/4G internet Never stayed in 4G mode.December they cut it off and claim I own them 365 dollars because I went "over the limit". Said they sent a letter I never received beford they combined 3G and 4G together. I was never over the stated 3G limit on original plan and I did not change my plan;they did without notice.Then said it would cost me 270 dollars to put it on and even then I could only get email.This is unethical and rotten. They used may remainging 4G credits to create this charge. I hate that company.Now during the 14day trail I did not have any problems. It all started right after that. I believe they did it on purpose.Now they want the 365 and i have to pay 300 more to get out of the contract. What a scam.No other company have done this. I am going back to clearwire service because their 4G is still unlimited. Even Verizon.

maleet Aug 11, 2011

For some unknown reason, my fiance decided to go with sprint mobile broadband (But we have t mobile cellphones which we switched from sprint to be with t mobile last year)... I have no idea what he was thinking here...

Anyways the guy on the phone was very convincing trying to sell an upgraded 4g card to my fiance. I was in the background trying to tell him that it really isnt going to be much faster and the sales rep tried to tell me it was much faster than my comcast cable internet provider (Shaking my head).

Ok so we get the usb broadband card sent and activate it - that was a chore— about an hour and a half worth of bouncing from people to people because it wouldnt work right. Finally its working... And its slow (As I suspected).

To make matters worse, we are moving to an area that is extremely slow. I swear 56k is better than this... Plus it keeps disconnecting me every 15 mins or so and I have to close the software down, unplug the card and try again... I was using my tmobile 3g cellphone against this wireless from sprint and it beat the sprint connection by miles... Must be a weak zone or something but they said we had 4g down here. I have tried that and it says we do not have a 4g subscription...

So for spending about what... 60 a month (I really dont know) on this card, its useless. We will be getting comcast when we move in so there was no point in spending more for a wireless card that barely works in the first place. Its not like we travel a lot...

Anyways, sprint phone service sucked (Try 4 dropped calls per night) and their usb broadband card sucks a lot too. I really hate sprint... Now my fiance knows why I was down on him for even wanting to go back and look at anything that deals with sprint

• Ca
    candacefromnj Apr 20, 2011

Sprint has been billing me for nights even though I have a free and clear plan for free nights after 8pm! i have been with this ompany for 10 years but ever since Nextel merged with them it has been shady dealings. First I had an 80 data charge (do not use) which I had to fight to get taken off now this. Every month being charged for overages and the do not send you itemized calls. you have to go online and print out jeez I wonder why. So anyway I find out this has been going on since last summer. I have complained 4 x about misbilling and overages and my nights and weekends are free on my plan but they have not fixed until yesterday. They will not credit me for the mistakes and have sucked up my time fighting with them. I have reported them to the BBB and the FCC. I believe they prob owe me 700.00 in charges. When I call they NEVER want to credit unless I give them each and every phone call. I am sure that info is right in front of them what jerks.

Alison Nov 25, 2010

My husband made specific payment arrangements with this company. After his last payment, he received notices on his cell with the company's threats to shut his service off. When he called to explain the payment arrangements, the "customer service" person refused to honor them and continued to tell him his service would be shut off.

My husband tried to reach several people to explain the payment arrangements and was met with refusal after refusal to honor their agreement. His service was shut off shortly thereafter, despite the fact that he had already made his payment for the month, with the bank statement to prove it.

So we are now out the money, his service and our only method of contact between us and his work. Being a servicemember, he needs to have a constant method of contact in case he is recalled to work for any reason (if they cannot reach him, he receives severe punishment). Thanks to Sprints dishonesty, he is not only tied to the house at all hours after work, we are also out of a good deal of money that we could have used on Christmas gifts for our children! Had we known they intended to shut down his service regardless of the fact that they already had our money, we'd have just kept it and spent it on Christmas gifts for our children!

I would highly encourage everyone, and military members who need to be in contact with work (and their families while they're at work!) to seek service with a reputable, honorable carrier and leave Sprint far, far behind

TAMI WILLIAMS Sep 01, 2010

I HAVE BEEN A SPRINT CUSTOMER FOR 6 YEARS. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS ALWAYS BEEN UNPROFESSIONAL BUT I CONTINUE TO STAY. TODAY AUG 31, 2017 I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE WITH SPRINT FOR OVER 3 HOURS 5 DIFFERENT TIMES. I WAS VERY UPSET. I WAS IN TEARS. MY BLOOD PRESSURE ROSE OUT OF CONTROL. I HAD TO BE RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL. ONLY BECAUSE A SALES REP QUOTED ME ONE PRICE TO PURCHASE A PHONE WITH MY TWO YEAR $150 UPGRADE, BUT WHEN IT WAS TIME TO BUY THE PHONE WHEN IT WAS RELEASED I WAS TOLD A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PRICE. $200 MORE. I WAS SHOCKED. NO ONE BELIEVED ME. EVERYONE WAS RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND INCONSIDERATE. WE ARE THE REASON THEY HAVE JOBS, SO WHY ARE WE BEING TREATED LIKE THE COMPETETOR. SPRINT IS UNBELIEVABLE. I HATE THIS COMPANY!!!

AlisonClaire Aug 20, 2010

I had a Verizon phone from Sprint. I had three replacements in a period of 2 months and the batteries would all drain and never take a charge. The way I was treated by Sprint customer service was awful. I was told it was my fault. I was told I had to drive to the nearest service center which is 47 miles away. When I got to the service center, I was told they couldn't help me. Every customer service rep and manager could not help me. Finally, I was out of town and needed a cell phone and the brand new replacement phone was not taking a charge so I pulled over and had to buy a new phone for $200.00. Probably, I should have returned it and broke my contract when I got home but I was too tired of the hours and money a spent dealing with them. When my two years are up, I am so done with Sprint.

• Ag
    Aggiemed1 Aug 12, 2010

I can read. I am very educated. The problem stems from the Service recieved. I was over billed. Numerous times! I was told I could upgrade two of the phones on our plan to the new 4g phones. The ###s at sprint did not make enough of them. I was lied to and again their service is pathetic. I wonder if somecallthem waffles is one of those sprint ###s. If he is educated enough to read money magazine, then he would see Sprint is rated as the 2nd worst customer service company in the USA. They have a terrible rating with the better business bureau.

• So
    somecallemwaffles Aug 11, 2010

So you don't tell us what your problem really is. You don't tell us what you asked the company. You don't tell us why you think the CEO himself should be concerned about you.

Imma take a stab at it though. You signed up for a two year contract, were given a good phone for a super low price and now you want to cancel the contract because you either don't have that phone anymore or found that someone else is cheaper.

Well tough, you agreed to pay these people for two years. You were given a contract, probably didn't read it, signed it, used the service for a length of time then got pissy when they wanted you to uphold your end.

In two years when your contract is up, make sure you READ your contact with Verizon, cause there is one and it reads a lot like Sprint's.

• Ag
    Aggiemed1 Aug 11, 2010

Sprint Service is aweful! I wrote to CEO Dan Hesse 4 times and never even recieved any reply. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. A man named Anthony Spool who is an assistant in the Corporate office called me. Anthony Spool is a complete jerk who was rude and wasted more of my time. Sprint has said no to everything I have asked them. I would choose Verizon or AT&T. Do not waste your time with Sprint. There service is aweful! Dan Hesse may look all nice and professional on TV, but he could care less about Customers. He has some ### wastse more of your time, a ### like Anthony Spool who will call you, not help you, but remind you that you are under contract for two years. Avoid Sprint!!!

Saman Aug 07, 2010

Let me start off by saying I am a current Sprint

customer and not some disgruntled ex-customer.

I would like to tell you my story of lies, empty

promises and overrall terrible customer service I have

been provided by Sprint.

On June 23rd my 2 month old Blackberry Curve went into a

continuous reboot. I spoke to Technical Support who

advised they could ship me a new phone. I explained to

them that 3-5 days was not an acceptable time frame as

my wife is currently suffering from stage 4 brainstem

glioma and this is my only lifeline to her while at

work.

They advised that I could visit my nearest Sprint

Corporate Store and exchange the phone. The following

day I went to the store as directed only to be told to

visit a third party repair center. After 2 hours waiting

I was informed that the phone needed replaced and again

I would have to wait 3-5 days.

At this point I am infuriated because this store was an

hour out of my way only to be turned away. I called

account services to cancel my account. After some

persuassion I conceited to have a phone overnighted to

me. The phone arrived and worked fine.

Until July 4th. I was out helping another family member

get ready for the family Barbeque. I was only gone a few

hours but when I checked my phone I had over 20 missed

calls from my wifes phone. I immediately called and my 7

year old son answers the phone and is crying

uncontollably. He said "my is sick and wont get out of

bed". I rush home to find my 7 and 3 year olds terrified

and my wife is laying in a pool of vomit so weak she can

move.

After getting everything cleaned up I try to figure out

why I didnt get the calls. Everything was right in the

settings. However my phone was bad again. It would not

ring or vibrate and the speakerphone didnt work either.

This was it I was moving on. I called account services

and was asked what would keep me from canceling. I told

them I had no faith in the Blackberry and if they wanted

to keep me they could replace it with a comparable

model.

The Supervisor was unable to grant my request but asked

I wait till the following day to speak to his manager

before canceling. I consented, However, the call never

came. Son on July 6th I called to inquire about this

call back and the rep I spoke to said the notes do not

indicate a call back was scheduled. But she would talk

to her manager and call me back. The rest of the day

passed without a call back.

On July 8th I call intent to resolve the issue that day

or I was moving onto another provider. I speak to a rep

and explain everything. He is very apologetic and tells

me he is calling Tech Support to see what he could work

out. He indeed calls me back an hour later. "Good News"

we can replace your phone but we need to update your

address to ship it. He tells me it has to be in there 24

hours before they can so I have to wait another day.

So on July 10th I call to get the tracking number. Guess

what...there is no order in the system. I speak to a

Supervisor who flat out told me "Your Screwed". I drop

off the line and file a complaint with the Better

Business Bureau.

After about 2 weeks I receive a call from Hassan Safe in

Executive Services. He never says he is sorry or

apologetic. He just states company policy and provides

me no resolution to my issue.

I hope to get the message out and to prevent others

suffering from this enviroment of service that has no

consequence for lying to the customer and never

following through with promises.

My experiece so far has been less than memorable.

alacarte Jul 08, 2010

I have a cell phone account with Sprint...in the last year I have had 4 Palm Pre phones die...today was number 5...it shut off and burned two batteries..

When I called to get service...they hung-up on me 4 time at the National Service number and once at the store...when I called the store the second time...I never got through after waiting on-hold for over 10 minutes...

This is the Downtown Seattle Sprint store on Union...

I do not think it's correct to treat a customer like this...and yes...the bill is paid...

Please advise...thank you!

SPRINT CONTACT INFO..

STEVEN ELFMAN, OPER EXEC
    [protected]

OR

[protected] option 1, say the name DANIEL HESSE (president) this will get u straight to his office!!

• Am
    AmericaHasIssues Jun 16, 2010

I hear you so loud and clear. The first garbage phone I had with them was free (Samsung Rant) and it had glitched so much I took it to a tech location (not to mention I've been through 2 home chargers in less than 6 months). They claimed to have fixed it but didn't. Then the internal LCD screen cracked and went "white." They wouldn't replace it for free, even thought the phone was about 4.5 months old. So I had to buy a new one. Well, weird as it seems but the Rant is discontinued??? OK??? So I had to wait a week to get a new one from Japan or whatnot. I was displeased and angry as well because I had to pay $100 for a new phone so fast. Then they tried selling me insurance. I said NO. I shouldn't need insurance on such a new device, it's ridiculous. That's not the worst part though. This clown came from the stock room telling me he had a new Rant back there and would take the slide portion off of it and put it on my phone for the same price. I didn't want that at all but I asked how much it would be. He said $100!!! WHAT???!!! Also, he said it was a used Rant! I told used his own words against him and told him he said it was new. He bumbled like an idiot and said, oh, I meant new to you. WHAT!!!????

Sprint sucks so bad it's not even funny anymore...

machael1 Jun 11, 2010

When I was in AIT in Ft Lee, I purchased a cellphone from sprint with unlimited everything plan 0ver $200, I wasn't getting any internet service and the calls were terrible in the midst of my calls it lost signals, so I complained to them and purchased a internet card instead activated another line for it for another $200, I still was having problems when I took it back to my room and tried using it on my laptop, the first bill on the phone was $173 then another for $130 then another for$259, after I told them that I wasn't getting the service that I was paying for and they said they were gonna reimburse me with some credit minutes to my phone which they didn't now they have two companies Diversified Adjusment service and Allied Interstate which wrote, called and harassed me and threatened me for months at work, at home during nights and told me if I don't pay 40% to settle it then they're gonna put it against my credit, which I complied and did pay the 40% of which was $140, and they still put it against my credit and when I called them and was asking them about it they hung up on me and when I called sprint store one of their representative did the same, hung up on me after saying he doesn't care if I was getting service or not now they're saying that I still owe them $273, this is a scam.

Takeiton May 31, 2010

Replacement (refurbished) phone draining battery and now Sprint won't send another replacement unless I pay $100. Sprint sucks!

• Bl
    BLACKBERRY 1 Nov 20, 2009

Sprint Cant grasp the simple concept that someone should be paid to make note of the fact that you got a new contract; and that those they are looking for aren't using the number you now have. Lot's of people I know keep their old numbers (if they had good service) to try to prevent this. Maybe a little chat with the Better Business Buerau would help. Sorry they're being such jerks.

• Wo
    Wolverine gal Sep 20, 2009

I also have received text messages and didn't know what they were for from PredictoMobile.Vote, I got my Sprint Bill and there it was $9.99 for their services. I had no idea what it was. I think I may of signed up inadvertently by signing on to a Home Depot contest to win $50, 000. BEWARE!!! To get rid of this You can cancel at any time by texting STOP to 654654.
    Much to my suggrin I will probably be billed $9.99 next month also. But I just received a message that I would no longer be receiving these messages from PredictoMobile.

• Kd
    kd7mxi Sep 14, 2009

same thing on my dads bill minus the cyclone - his includes another charge that says data usage

my dads phone has texting and interned plus data turned off on it so he never used any of the data use that showed on his bill