Having problems with Sprint?

Sprint Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 211 4727 (Customer Service)
+1 866 866 7509 (Purchases)
PO Box 4191
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sprint Customer Service. Initial Sprint complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sprint above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sprint. Discuss the issues you have had with Sprint and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Sprintmisleading pricing & terrible customer service!

My husband and I have been Sprint customers for years. When the other major service providers announced unlimited plans, we were tempted, but decided to wait to see what Sprint would offer. On February 29th, I checked the Sprint website and found the “Simply Everything” plan was available. The pricing for the plan was listed as $99.99/mo, $5 for a 2nd line & $15 for a 3rd line (I printed a screen shot of this). I called customer service to inquire about the plan.

I explained that I wanted to have three lines on the plan and I wanted to make sure I understood the pricing correctly. I specifically asked if the total cost for 3 lines would be $199.99 (excluding taxes etc) and was told that was correct. I signed up for the plan, extending my contract for 2 years. The rep told me for being a loyal customer I would receive a 1-time credit of $70 and 10%/mo discount on my bill for 2 years. The rep attempted to update my account, however, they were having some system problems and she couldn’t make the change at that time. She said that she would be able to do so in about an hour and she would call me back.

Sure enough, an hour or so later I received a call from her - she said the plan had been applied to my phone, however, we would need to purchase a new phone for my husband before she could apply the new plan to his phone. She said if we could purchase the phone over the weekend, she would call me back on Monday, March 3rd to complete the plan update. As far as the 3rd line, she explained we would simply need to go into a Sprint store to transfer the liability of that phone to my accounts and the process would be complete. The new plan was to go into effect at the next billing cycle on March 7th.

On Sunday March 2nd, I purchased a new phone for my husband so we would be ready to update his phone the following day. However, Monday March 3rd came and went and I didn’t receive the call. I tried reaching the rep directly by calling the number she had called from, but was informed that I could not be connected since I did not know her last name.

I called the general Sprint customer service number again, however, this time my call was put through to a different call center. I explained that I had signed up for the new plan and that I was trying to complete the update for my husband’s phone. They said they could not help me (something about not having access to special offers). I found this confusing, but chalked it up to possibly a heavy response to the new plan.

So, I hoped for the best and waited for March 7th when the new plan would go into effect.

On March 7th, I accessed my plan on-line and discovered the description of plan pricing had changed. The pricing was listed as $99.99 for 1 line, $94.99 for 2nd line & $84.99 for 3rd line, totaling $297.97.

I immediately called customer service, explained the situation to the representative and asked that they honor the price I was given when I signed up. I was told that I had been misinformed about the plan pricing… they were sorry, but the price was the price and there was nothing they could do.

I pressed the issue and was transferred to the customer service supervisor. She also told me there was nothing she could do and suggested that I go to the Sprint website and send and e-mail to customer service (which I did) or, if I wanted to speak with her manager I could call back later. However, she warned me that there was no there was not guarantee that my call would be routed to the same call center.

I was astonished! This was the suggestion from a CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR. You dealing with a customer that’s already upset and you tell them to try to call back and hope you get through to the same call center? Where on earth did she receive her training and how on did she become a supervisor?

I replied that since there was no guarantee my call would go through to the same call center, that I would like her manager return my call. To me, this is something the CSS should have suggested - certainly not the customer.

I never did receive a call back from the Customer Service Manager.

The original description of the plan pricing was not only misleading to customers, it was not clearly defined to the customer service representatives when the plan was rolled out. This was evident by the fact that a week later, the description was changed to clarify the pricing.

Sprint was the last major provider to roll out an unlimited plan. How could they have been so poorly prepared? In the highly competitive market of mobile providers, this appeared to be a “bait & switch” tactic. On March 8th I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau which they forwarded to Sprint for their response. The BBB was advised by Sprint that it would take some time to research and respond to the complaint due to the volume of business. I also sent e-mails to executives at Sprint. They have not replied. The messages are probably trapped in a spam folder somewhere.

I did receive a response to the e-mail I sent to customer service – which was, there was nothing they could do about the plan price, but for being such a loyal customer, they would make the 10% discount per month for life. At this point, I was not too certain what the life span of my business with Sprint would be. I did not feel the offer was equitable. I declined and said I would have to let the complaint filled with the Better Business Bureau run its course.

On March 25th, I saw the new commercial for Sprint, featuring Daniel Hesse, CEO of Sprint, asking “If you could change the way wireless companies did things, what would you do?” A few things immediately came to mind. What came next caught my attention - an e-mail address appears on a black screen: [protected]@sprint.com. They wanted customer’s feedback!

I took the opportunity to send Dan another e-mail explaining the situation and requesting they honor what I, in good faith, signed up for - the Simply Everything plan with 3 lines for $119.99/month, a one-time credit of $70 & a 10% discount per month for 2 years.

Of course, I didn’t expect to hear back from Dan personally. If fact, I received a call from a Sprint representative. He told me he would check into matter and would call me back. He also gave me his direct line so that I could contact him. I was encouraged!

On March 28th I called him to see if there was a resolution - got his voice-mail; on Monday, March 31st, I called to see if there was a resolution - again got his voice-mail; on Tuesday, April 1st I called to see if there was a resolution - once again got his voice-mail.

That afternoon he returned my call. He said he spoke with his manager and, you guessed it, they were sorry, but there was nothing they could do. I told him I understood that he and his manager may not have the authority to resolve this, but that someone certainly did. He asked if I wanted his manager to take it to the next level – of course I said yes. I’m not certain what answer they expected? Did they think I would say “no, never mind”? He told me it might take a while before someone got back to me, but that he would make a note to follow up.

Yesterday I received a call from a Sprint rep regarding the BBB complaint. She told me there was nothing they could do. The only option she gave me was to switch back to my previous plan and she would deduct last months charge for my husbands line.

While the plan features are terrific, I've lost confidence and respect for Sprint.

• Fr
      Fred Doe May 11, 2008

I can't say I'm surprised about Sprint customer service. My expectation is that any change I need done, will take 2 or 3 calls and the execution of the change will be flawed.
      How is this for an idea?... When a customer requests a new service, or an upgrade to an existing service, the mobile provider should be able to provide the price of the change INCLUDING TAXES AND FEES. If there are one-time fees it should be explained and the recurring monthly cost should be provided in plain, simple to understand, English. Provide it in writing, and then Sprint should be accountable. The pricing commitments made on the phone are untraceable and impossible to prove who said what. I get the feeling that Sprint make a significant amount of money from the gray area in their explanation of the bills. Seems that no one can tell you what the monthly cost will be. Why not?

They need better disclosure and much, much better customer service.

Sprint PCS — sprint pcs erased all my contacts out of my phone

I took my phone into Sprint PCS to have them look at it for the 2nd time for quick draining battery... I come...

Sprintovercharge, harassment, false promises!

Well, I'm one of the few persons who could make my life without a cellular phone. I think that one of those are like a collar around my neck. Anyway, 6 years ago I enlisted in the Army and obviously my NCO insisted that I 'needed' a cell phone, so he could know where I was at any particular time. So, probably like everyone else I headed for the closest mall, in this case Newport News, VA. At this time I fell in the spiderweb of Radio Shack and that's where my nightmare with Sprint started. Except for the non-signal inside my barracks room, whenever my NCO or someone else from back home used to call me I had to get out and almost cross the street to get a signal bar, everything was fine.

Well, I got orders to go to Europe. And according to their contract I was able to void the contract with a copy of my orders, yeah right! Well, they told me there was no problem, so I left. During my 3 1/2 years in Germany, my day back in L.A. told me he was constantly harassed by the Sprint people who wanted to charge. And then, collection people started to being more rude. Eventually, my dad had to buy a answering machine with I.D. caller.

Last January I came back from my european tour and my friend takes me to seek for a cell. He tells me Sprint has a deal 20% discount for United Airlines employees. So here I go again. They could not give me the phone that I wanted because I had a outstanding payment for $102. I do not know what I was thinking, but I paid hoping later I was going to be able to fix this problem. I had to wait like a week in order to get the phone that I wanted, so they give me a temporal until the following week.

Next week came and I went back to get my phone. So I spent $160 on the new phone with a $40 rebate which as today I'm still waiting for. So I don't know what mumbo-jumbo they did on the computer. After an hour I left with my new cell thinking that was it. But wait! Since I was back in the states I checked my credit report. Well I have a negative item from Sprint PCS that according to the creditor's was: legally paid in full for less than full balance. So I just realized that I have paid in full for something that I did not know and was paid already. Now I inquire about this with their customer service but my old cell# is being used by someone else and they do not have anything on the old account number. So my payment went to who knows...

Anyway, one month later I received 2 first time bills, they are different in size but both of them are Sprint, obviously with two different accounts and amounts due. So I went back to the same store I bought my cell and they told me I had to pay only the one with lesser amount. I said fine and paid that one. Two weeks later I received a notice for the difference between the bills, so what the heck? I went back to the store and they guy says that the bill that I paid belongs to the cell I have which is a Nextel and the difference they are charging me know belongs to the temporal one which is a Sprint... So, I thought all the freaking phones were Sprint. (You might be asking yourselves why I didn't call customer service instead, well, when I called someone from south of the border answered and really try to fix the problem, but they were unable to understand my problem; and I was speaking in spanish to them too...).

Now I received my second bill without my United Airlines employee discount because my phone is not 'Sprint' but Nextel. I'm still waiting for my $40 rebate and waiting for another surprise in my next bill.
    I'm really surprise of all the changes happened in this time that I was out of the country. Companies buying, merging, etc. with another ones. This sh*&% does not happened in Europe. The companies like T-mobile, O2, Vodaphone, etc are more professional than the Americans, sorry! Now I'm stuck with Sprint again for the next 2 years. I definitely won't recommend this company.

jason Aug 06, 2008

call customer care and use your ssn to get access to your old account. it may be in the old billing system. your work discount has to be verified by your employer and takes up to two to three bills to become active.

Sprintunauthorized billing!

My finance and I have been with Sprint for approximately three years, and have renewed our contract a few times in the course, as we have upgraded phones. Every now and then we'll have a glitch with the company, but as of late, things have gotten progressively worse.

About four months ago, we started getting charged for Jamster ringtones we never downloaded or authorized. We were instructed by Sprint that they weren't responsible for charges from third parties, and we had to pay the 6.99 and click unsubscribe on our account page at Sprint.com. We did so. Next month, same charges. The rep this time took off the charges and walked us through the same steps. Next month, same charges. The representative again told us he couldn't take the charges off, and we had to unsubscribe. I got irate, and told him what he was going to do-- take off the charges, and make sure the d--m thing stayed off. Needless to say, it didn't work. Contacting Jamster was near impossible, but finally I got through to a guy who spoke English about as well as my friend's Boston terrier. When I threatened legal action for fraud, he spoke English real nice and took the ring tones off. Funny, huh?

I thought it was over, but then guess what? We had a UPstage phone die! My finance had replacement plan, though, and only had to pay 50 dollars to get it replaced. I think that's a rip, but it was clearly stated and he agreed to the terms. Long story short, they mailed us a new phone, but didn't properly instruct activation. We were getting messages from the Verizon network about unavailable services. Great, right? Various techs told me how I had done something wrong, and one girl ventured to tell me to remove the battery-- battery?! Anyone who has seen an UPstage knows they are built like an mp3 player-- that is, internal, irremovable battery. Real competent personnel, huh? I finally got someone who would listen instead of talk at me, and we figured out the problem-- we had been given the wrong codes to type in.

Well, this new phone would give us another kick in the pants when our bill came. It seemed they had taken off the text message package, the PCS vision package, everything that we had on that line when the phone was replaced. It doesn't make sense why they'd do that, especially as I had been assured they would NOT do that (call me paranoid, I suspected them by now). The man offered to take off the 20 something dollar charge for the packages being re-added and we would only have to pay the 29 something for the used text messages and the 60 something for internet. I politely informed him what he could do with that offer, and that the charges would all be taken off and the account set up correctly. I pride myself on being persuasive, and he fixed it. Good.

Well, the UPstage didn't seem to hold up to my finance's abuse-- works on docks with freight-- and he wanted something a bit more pocket-friendly. He saw the Musiq and fell in love, so he got that one. The girl at the kiosk (we don't apparently have Sprint stores anymore in the world, given runarounds from the past) told him it was all set up, nothing would change, and there was no need to pay any upgrade fees as it would not be classified as an upgrade. Terrific! A few days later, the phone freezes, the outside buttons stop working. He consults the Sprint store here in town, and all they can do is try another battery in it. Nothing doing. He is told to take it back where he got it. Now, when we have had faulty phones in the past, we take them back, they give us a new one, no problem. The kiosk we had used, please shoot me now, was in a mall an hour away. We get there and the girl won't switch it out unless we have the box and everything, even though they have never asked for that before. New policy, apparently, so the fiance goes all the way back the next day to get his phone.

Now, that isn't the end of it. Our bill came... and guess what was on there? Yes! TWO upgrade fees of 19.00!! Charges for text message use, as well as a text message plan-- apparently, plans don't cover use anymore? And here's to boot, the new plan my finance had apparently signed up for with another non-English person was supposed to be unlimited messaging for both lines for 20? It was listed under my phone number, even though his is primary. Weird, no? Here's the clincher-- there was also a TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR equipment fee!! Needless to say, my happy little butt was on that phone in an instant.

Sprint apparently doesn't want our business, because I talked to no less than SIX people, all of whom told me different things about the text plans, several who refused to remove the upgrade fees (one who finally did), a few who wouldn't take off the text fees (ah, another finally did), two 'supervisors' who shouldn't work for an English speaking company and then get mad at ME when I can't understand them (snotty you-know-what, hope she's fired, I was being polite), and someone who suggested that we drive back to the kiosk with our credit card statement, the bill, and the phone and argue it with them. I was foaming at the mouth by this time, and came pretty close to smoking again and ruining my seven months nicotine free. The head honcho woman I finally got to said all she could do was remove the text messaging fee, the two charges for upgrades (which we shouldn't have had, and if we should have, there was only one fricken phone line with a new cell!), and open a case about the 200 bucks.

Funny thing is, the phone was 299.00 plus tax, I believe, which made it around 314 or so, give or take for my bad math. We paid with Capital One, the payment cleared. Where did an even 200 come from? Nobody seems to know. I thought maybe it was the battery, but my finance popped that theory-- the girl at the store who tried a new battery never gave it to him to keep, never took his name or phone number, and never saw any identification. In other words, she couldn't have put it on a bill. As it stands, Sprint said they would look into it and contact US when they figured out what happened. All I have to say is, if they try to charge us late fees for nonpayment of SUSPENDED charges, I'm going to blow.

• Va
          Vance Decker Apr 26, 2008

I didn't read your whole post, but I don't really need the details. You are most likely completely in the right, as this has happened to me as well. In answer to your overall question of how this can happen to thousands, over and over, and is still happening to this day...?

Well, next time you hear Republicans talking about how campaign finance reform is against free speech, maybe this time, you will realize that free speech is for people not corporations. The cell phone industry is one of the, if not the largest owners/contributors to politicians.

Your specific issue will never be resolved. If you want to solve the industry-wide problem so that this type of crap doesn't keep happening then stop electing politicians based on irrelevant issues. (you can't see the relationship between limiting corporate lobbyists and contributions and your issue, well I can't help you with that...)

Sprintsprint has ruined my credit rating

After applying for a loan this week, I find that Sprint shows me with an outstanding bill of approx. $294. For 23 months, I have been charged an access fee on a phone that was cancelled as of Feb. 06. I reported the phone stolen and to cancel it when the contract was up. Unfortunately, someone at sprint decided that the phone was only missing and they did not cancel my account. Not only that, they have (apparently) been sending the statements to someone else. I have had no opportunity to make this situation right. Their excuse was that they could not get ahold of me, yet I have the copy of what should have been my last bill dated 3/01/06. After 3 hours on the phone, I finally reached the "top" person (according to her) and she was not helpful to me at all.

I can pay the money, however, that does nothing for my credit rating. My only recourse is that Sprint acknowledge that it was their error and remove the charges. That way I can contact the credit bureau and correct my information.

I need help with this situation.

Debra A. Caterina
        [protected]

jason Aug 06, 2008

when a phone is suspended for being lost it still must fulfill it's contractual obligations and in order to be cancelled the line must be active at the time the cancellation.

• Xt
            xTopher Jan 07, 2010

You are obligated to pay the amount due. Your argument is like saying if your car is stolen you don't still owe the bank for the car note.

Sprintmistake was made by order support department

I am a Sprint customer in Iowa. On Dec 31, I ordered an upgrade phone for my son who lives in New York City.

First, because my son has a New York number, I was not allowed to buy or order the phone at my local Sprint Store. I can't imagine any other company restricting the choices for their customers.

Second, the order support department gave UPS incorrect information, despite the fact that I have since verified that they had the correct shipping information.

Third, Sprint in its contract with UPS does not allow anyone, even Sprint, to correct the information. Now the phone is sitting in Long Island and UPS can't violate the contract even though correcting the information would be trivial. My son has no access to a car and it would take him most of one day to pick it up. UPS will ship it back to Sprint on Jan 17th.

Fourth, now Sprint informs me that I cannot change the shipping information to have it sent to me until they receive the package back, and I have to hope that they don't send it out again with the wrong information until I call and correct it.

In other words, Sprint business practices pass the burden of their mistakes onto the customer. Apparently, they do not keep a record of previous calls, as I have had to explain the situation numerous times. I have spent several hours on the phone talking to a different person each time trying to fix the problem, and apparently will have to spend several more.

They also shift the burden of complaints onto their workers who have consistently been very nice but who have no control over how the system works. As has been mentioned by others, there was no way for me to contact Sprint headquarters through their website.

These business practices are completely unacceptable! I intend to change companies ASAP and to have both my sons and as many people as possible do the same.

Andrew Collins Aug 02, 2008

I am done of this! I cant take it anymore!... "Thank you for calling Sprint, my name is Andrew Collins (not a real name because I dont need to reveal my personal info), what can I do for you today?".
              This is my everyday greeting when I login on the line to speak with a lot of customers for further assistance.
              I will start by telling that I am located in Argentina and you may ask: how do somebody from Argentina assist me when I call? That's because of your currency. If you come to Argentina with all your money everything is more affordable for you. That is what a company like Sprint (like Cellfish, like many others) do. They hire different local companies (call centers) all over the world because the labour is cheaper for them as they provide us the opportunity to work (but they don't care about that, what they need is to pay the less than possible).
              Now on the line we have to face a lot of different and hard situations. It is really stressful to be in a call center. Believe me people, I completly understand your frustration when you reach the wrong department or when things are not expected to be as you wanted. But you don't have any idea on the other hand what do we have to stand from some customers. It's completly unbearable. Some of you are more than annoying. I was reading a lot of negative opinions about our work and I won't protect Sprint because it's bulls*** really, but I would like you to know what do we have to suffer everyday from some of you.
              First of all I can't understand why you guys insist on calling and calling and calling or e-mailing when you know that over the phone or e-mail you won't get any answer. If I were one of you I will go directly to the store or somewhere to speak with a representative face to face. That is what I did yesterday when I knew that something was wrong with my cellphone's personal information, for example (even though I spent a total of 2 hours to go and come home again). You do everything over the phone and if someone advice you to go personally to the store you inmediatly get upset because is soooooo far (1 hour from the place you are located or even less!!). When I go to work everyday to hear you and speak to you I spend 1 hour to go to work and a little less than an hour to come back home... Of course some of you don't have any idea about responsability and how to be an active person. If you want something to happen you must go for it! not to cover yourself behind a stupid phone. My God!! You can't be so LAAAZYYY!!!
              As you do everything over the phone as well you buy over the phone too. You order phones like if they were pizzas, guys!! and then if you don't like it you can return it just like that, and then you are refund for that!!!... Unvelibeable! I don't understand how can you be so spoiled by this company!, not just for that, don't forget all the special discounts you have to get the most expensive phones. You all would die if you travel to Argentina. Here when I decided to buy a phone, like I did with the last I bought last week, or the one that I had 2 years ago, I spent a month before I purchase them to think wich was the one that I really like and the full price, to be sure how much will I have to pay. Anyway we don't have all those benefits that you have, so for us even the most incomplete phone is expensive. And guess what, if we don't like it we can change it within the first 30 days but we cannot return it expecting to be refund, that's unacceptable, once you get a product you must keep it or change it. Once you paid you won't see your money back ever again, and I think that is the way it must be actually, because you can valorate what you got. But different cultures, different lives...
              Despite on the fact that you are able to get phones (sometimes even for free! how can that be possible!?!) you are extremly stingy. You want everything for free, you don't want to pay for anything, and the world is not like that guys! Open your eyes! If you want something then you MUST pay for that! That is what we call effort! How is it called for you?
              I admit: print customer service sucks! I repeat, I am not writing this on behalf of Sprint but is not our fault there are like 80 (yes! I am not being sarcastic with the amount) different departments for every special issue. Is not our fault when we tell you that we are not able to work on the order because it was placed in another department. Is not our fault that another agent transferred you to the wrong one and is not our fault that you have choosen the wrong phone, you must have thought about it before purchasing it. If you figth over the phone with an agent you are going to the wrong way. There is no need to get upset with one of us about our questions, work, or humiliate us because of our nationality or english level. That way you are stimulating the agent to do everything possible to finish the call and not to hear you ever again or help you. Be more intelligent if you decide to speak to a representative.
              I hope you can understand a little bit more our reality (although I have more to say, but I don't want this to be so long), because we must understand yours everyday.
              "Thank you so much for calling Sprint and have a nice day!"...

• 20
              20xd6 Aug 27, 2010

I know this reply is extremely late, but I only just found out how bad Sprint support services are and felt a need to rebut some of the things stated here.

No, its not hard working in a call center "Andrew". If you are properly trained its actually quite easy. People call in upset and you try to assist them anyway, and if they know you're sincere about it (ie 1 tactic I use for my company is to inform them that I am also a customer, not just a tech) the anger tends to fade away. If you continue on that line, while working with the person and let them KNOW you're going to do everything that you can to help them, they start to appreciate it. If you do that, and then actually DO try to help them every way you can, they will respect what you're doing, who you are, and appreciate your abilities as well as understanding your limits.
              Another point of contact is the ability to move people to the correct department. My company has a "saves" department, which is basically for irate customers who are threatening to (or just so upset that they might very soon) to cancel service. They put that department in place so they can air grievances against us to US.
              Last but not least (as well first and foremost) is training. I know the systems I work on, I know what they can do, and what I am allowed to do on those systems. I also know what other people can do on those systems. Who can cancel an order, who should I contact if there is a billing conflict, what should I do when the customer needs replacement equipment, who to go to when there is an error to remove that error and get it done right. This has been spelled out by my company in meticulous detail when they outlined my scope of support and trained me for their systems.

Don't get me wrong, I have a script too, but I know what to do when a situation arises that is not on that piece of paper. I do not just sit quietly as the customer complains that what I told them is not acceptable (whatever their tone) and then repeat the same thing like a parrot over and over again.

You have to suffer every day because, from my experience with the company so far, you have no real complaints department. You are not trained on your systems well enough to correct or remove errors from your system (and neither are your "supervisors") to the point where you just can't do your job effectively. And you don't understand your job Andrew, a fact made painfully obvious in your counter-arguments.

I'll highlight a few of your points as proof.
              You see Andrew, a lot of us are working while those Sprint stores are open, or commuting to work like you describe, and we don't have enough time to drive over to them. We don't want to wait until our day off to address it. Maybe we live in the country and the closest store is a considerable distance away. Maybe we tried that route and was told by a store rep that they only sell phones and accessories, please use the customer support lines that Sprint created for just these situations.
              As for free phones, minimum service contracts for the more popular smartphones are $1000 a year. Sprint is giving them away because the company knows they are going to get it back-and then some-with the service plan.
              And for what we use our phones for? If it can do a thing, and we bought it to do that thing, why shouldn't we, the consumer, expect that thing to work? Sometimes people do ask too much. You don't call a plumber to fix your electricals. But if the plumber does get that call, its nice of them if they can say "Its your wiring, not your pump. Call an electrician; I know a few. Let me get you a number".
              Also, this country has laws against false advertisement and selling equipment that doesn't work. There are also rules against asking people for money for a warranty and then not honoring that warranty. If Sprint covers against theft and loss--and the customer loses his phone--then Sprint is supposed to replace it as good or better.

Respect is earned Andrew (and this goes for your coworkers in Argentina). Its earned by doing your job well, and knowing what to do when it needs to be done. Compassion for the customer is important, commitment to solve their issue without dropping the "I'm sorry I can't do that" canned response followed by, "No one can actually do that" after you've wasted another hour of our time trying not to admit you just don't know which of those 80 departments our problem should go to. Most important of all, correcting the error. its why we called in. We have a problem. If the problem exists because of something the company did, the company should fix it. You are an acting representative of the company. FIXIT. Or get us in touch with someone who can or at the very least explain to us in unambiguous terms--without lying and blaming another company; some of us lazy people might just call that other company to ask them whats going on--why Sprint can't.

That's what "we" call responsibility over here.

The problem with your rebuttal is that you are asking for respect from people whom you have not earned it from Andrew. Just like everyone else, you're blaming Sprint. Even the employees are blaming the company. But to be honest, you guys over in Argentina have an easier job than I do; and I'm a remote tech too. All you have to do (or at least all I've seen) is sit at a desk, read off a script, and wait for the people on the other side to hang up.

I actually have to work with them. I have to walk them through things. I have to converse, listen to what they say, and reply to their concerns, needs, and inquiries.

Thats a lot more than anyone in Argentina has done for me.

Sprint / Nextelpoor customer service!

Sprint treats their customers like dogs! I have been waiting 3 months for a refund in the mail. They took money out of my college checking account with out permission and put me in the "red" about $600. I can never talk to the same person at sprint, half of their customer care reps don't even speak English and they say the issue will be resolved in three to seven days (now its been 3 months). Sprint is a prime example of terrible customer service and lack of organization. Do not sign any contracts with this company. Where has the customer service gone these days!

• Ir
                IRENE VEGA Jul 05, 2008

Sprint has the worst customer service i have ever seen. I've been with them for 4 years and am late with one payment by 2days n they turn my phone off. I have grade A credit n if I wanted to could have 10lines if I wished and do you think when I called I got an "I'm Sorry" no instead the lady tells me to pay my bills on time. How do you talk to a customer like that? My contract ends in may but I payed the fee just to get out because it's not about money it's about having some respect for your customers. I'm now with tmoble and am so much happier. And everyone I know with sprint I tell the story and I let them know to switch over too. My whole family has already done the switch. All for a phone bill being late 2days and no respect when called being aked about it they've lost 4 customers already. See how important word of mouth is. Not to mention they over charge you and their phones suck.

Sprintstealing money from my bank account!

After being told my disconnect fees would be waved, they still took the money from my bank account. After much deliberation with customer service (being transferred many times and on hold for hours) I finally got someone to send a check. Then, a week later my account showed another withdrawal for that amount. That is the final chapter in the worst phone service I've ever experienced. Whenever you call customer service you will be put on hold for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour before you talk to someone and will have to be transferred 3 or 4 times before someone is actually authorized to properly assist (being on hold the same 45 minutes to an hour for each transfer).

How is it legal for a company to steal money from someone's account? If I actually owed them the money - fine - I accept paying what I owe. Why anyone would do business with this company is beyond me. In my experience, they rip you off then steal from you.

jason Aug 06, 2008

maybe stopping the direct payments would have helped you.

Sprint / Nexteldelayed cancellation

I tried to cancel my Sprint/Nextel cellular service today. Sprint/Nextel refuses to cancel as requested and states they will delay the cancellation to the end of the billing cycle. I insisted that they cancel my service effective immediately only to get hung up on by their customer service rep. I called back later and insisted they cancel effective immediately, guess what - was hung up on again. This is a scam by Sprint/Nextel to charge for cancelled services. If you choose to do business with Sprint/Nextel, good luck trying to cancel. I would strongly suggest you do your homework - there are numerous complaints about this company when it comes to the ability to cancel. My contract wasw fulfilled and they still refuse to cancel as requested. There are good cellular companies out there, no one needs to put up with this garbage. If this company tries to attack your credit, dispute it with TRW (there is mention on the web by one patron that TRW is aware of Sprint/Nextel's faulty business practices and will work with you on removing this from your credit report).

• Av
                    avintel Jun 03, 2016

Sprint automatically started charging me for text messages and data after 2 years of it being included in my plan. I have called them 34 times over the past 8 months since i found out. they only show records of 3 calls since I made them from land lines and I have my phone bill as proof. they show no record of *2 calls, nor do they show on your sprint bill (convenient for sprint). all calls last 1hr30min. then they disconnect me. I have made it through twice to find out that i have been charge $151 EXTRA every month for a year. I have been complaining & they tell me they will fix it and the next month, the same thing happens. AND they never issue the credit.

• Sh
                    Shannon36535 Jun 03, 2016

sprint has won the worst customer service in america a number of times. I switched to alltel and loved them now they have been bought out by verizon . so far so good.

• Ro
                    Rob A Jun 03, 2016

Sprint/Nextel has degenerated to a third-world quality phone service. It's gone down the drain since the merger in 2005. Avoid them at all costs!

Watch this humorous video that includes an actual voice mail greeting by a frustrated Sprint/Nextel customer:

Anna0778 Jun 03, 2016

Sprint sent me a jabra headset which I did not order. I sent the headset back with the return kit they sent me.

It is 8/20 and they are telling me they never received it. I told them the tracking number and now they are telling me it does not match. They are very lazy and don't even go the extra step to call their warehouse to find the package.
                    They are horrible and I am writing a letter to BBB about this issue.

Sprint PCS / Nextel Wireless Service — buyer beware!

To: Mr. Gary D. Forsee Chairman and CEO Sprint Nextel 2001 Edmund Halley Drive Reston, VA 20191 Dear Mr...

Sprint PCSsprint pcs and overcharges

My trouble with Sprint PCS started the very first day I received my 3 phones in the mail and contacted Sprint to begin service. My account was horribly messed up. One phone was set up on account all its own while the other two were on the same account. More recently, I called to make a payment over the phone using my checking account. The amount of this payment was to be $100.00. The agent that took my payment debited my checking account twice each for $100.00. I immediately called Sprint and spoke to a supervisor who assured me that my money would be back in my account within 48 hours. 48 hours I call because of course the money has not been returned to my account. I was them informed that person gave me an empty promise because, in her words "we can't just snap our fingers and put money in your checking account" EXCUSE ME? They sure did snap their fingers and remove the money from my account. I was told a check would be mailed to me. I have now been waiting 9 days on my check. Yesterday, November 26, 2007 I try to send a text message and it will not go through. My phone is disconnected!!! Once again I called the wonderful customer service agents at Sprint and ask my service (all 3 phones) are disconnected. I was informed that my bill was $595.00 which was over my $375.00 spending limit. Of course I know there has to be a mistake some where because I had paid a total of $300.00 on the account over the current month. The agent and I begin reviewing my account to find the problem. She told me that I had been charged $384.00 in text messaging charges. My account has and has ALWAYS had unlimited text messaging for $15-20 a month per line!! I am assured at 1:40 that a credit has been applied to my account and my service will resume in approximately 4 hours, it wasn't. I called again and was once again explained to that I was over my spending limit and the agent I was now speaking to had no notes indicating a credit had been approved. I repeated this process several times over the next 20 hours!!! Finally, I spoke to a supervisor who PROMISED me my service would be restored. This was at 9 am the next day. She kept her promise and my service was restored FOR 4 HOURS only to be disconnected again. When I called I was once again informed that I was over my spending limit and the notes on the account had no indication of a credit!!! I have called the corporate office only to be redirected back to call center for Sprint. Sprint is seriously making me NUTS! Each and every time that you call you can rest assured that you will receive a totally different story and/or explanation that you got the time before!! I intend to take my complaint to the highest level possible, this type of customer service is unacceptable as far as I am concerned. Sprint needs to realize that the best business for ANY company is word of mouth and I intend to use my voice to make sure that not another person I know signs up Sprint PCS service!

Nop Jun 15, 2009

Complaints on Sprint Corp. Headquarters-File your complaint with the BBB at: http://kansascity.app.bbb.org/complaint/new/98010534

Sprint PCS — fraud & cheating!

Sprint fraudulently stole money from my checking account! After they received a payment check, they copied my...

Sprint Communications - Free Cell Phonesannoying calls from telemarketers

Hello i am robert gallery in maryland. I get a number of calls from sprint communications about free cell phones. I don't have a cell telephone from sprint and don't want one. Get very annoying calls from telemarketers about wanting to sell me a phone and there service. Please note that telemarketers don't know the english meaning of "no" what part of no don't they understand you are not interested.

Sprint - Free Cell PhonesI have been scammed!

Sprint - www.sprint.com

I received two phones through the Sprint website that were supposed to be free. I returned one because we were not satisfied with it and got a different one that also said free. A couple days later my service was turned off because I "exceeded my spending limit" when I checked my bill I found out I had been charged for all three phones and one of the reps there set my account up incorrectly so my bill was over $1000! (It is usually about $120) I called in way too many times to count and I experienced some of the worst treatment I have ever received from anyone! This issue is still not resolved I had to get another phone because of this.

I have called in, I wrote letters/emails, I went to the store and showed them receipts and confirmation from the post office. And all I keep hearing is "I am sorry you were given incorrect information". All I want is for Sprint to honor their word and I can't seem to get anyone at that company to do that. I feel like I have been scammed!

Sprint Cell Phone National Customer Service / Sprintpcs.commost frustrating customer service experience

I'm complaining about Sprint Cell Phone National Customer Service.

On the evening of August 8th, 2007 I went online to www.sprintpcs.com because I was interested in getting a new phone, upgrading my plan and looking into a broadband card.

First I was greeted by an online chat associate. They were friendly but were unable to help me upgrade my phone since Web site was experiencing an error. She suggested I call the Sales Number.

I did so. I spent an hour on the phone with a SPRINT representative that helped set me up with a broadband card for 9.99 plus an equipment tax. Shipping and Handling was waived, and the activation fee was waved. He took my credit card info and said I would be billed for Ten Dollars and some cents. He asked me to hold one last time and I was disconnected.

I called back and a new representative answered the line. She explained to me that the order did not go through. I told her I was given a confirmation number and she said it did not show up on the screen as a completed order. We began the process over from scratch, but she was not able to offer me the same price. She said there would be a mail in rebate and that she I would be billed a total of $38. I did not understand why the price changed but at this point I was willing to pay an extra $20 to get off the phone. I had been on the phone for over 1.5 hours.

After hanging up the phone I decided to upgrade my cell phone via the Web site. I logged into my account, selected the LX160-LG. It said that I had an instant online savings of 150 so that the price of the phone would only be $30. I renewed my plan for 2-years and the shipping and activation fees were waived via the Web promotion.

So far everything was satisfactory. However on the morning of Thursday August 9th, my phone had been shut off due a charge of $307. My previous balance was $176.54 which I had sent payment in for.

I wanted to find out what the charge for $307 was for since it was not there the day before and it was not time for a new bill yet.

I dialed *2 and choose option 4. After a 45-minute wait a representative answered the phone and said she could not see what the charge was for. She said she would need to transfer me to billing. I waited on hold for 45-minutes longer without an answer and had to hang up.

I tried back one hour later. Dialed *2 than choose option 4. The representative told me that I would need to speak to someone in billing but that there was no way to transfer me. She instructed me to call [protected]. I hung up and called with my house phone. I came to same menu I came to when I dialed *2 on my cell phone. Again I chose option 4 to speak to a representative. This time I told them I would need to be transferred to billing. They told me the system was down and that I should call back in one hour.

One hour later I called back again and asked to be transferred to billing. The representative transferred my call and I waited on hold for 35-minutes before being disconnected.

I waited until 8:30 pm to call back. After speaking to a representative they told me again that I would need to be transferred to billing. I waited on hold for 25-minutes before my phone suddenly disconnected again.

I called back one more time at 9 pm and asked to be transferred to billing. Immediately someone picked up the phone. I explained that I had a mysterious charge of $304 and wanted to know what it was for. She said she would need to put me on hold to check. 10-minutes later she came back and she asked me what my name and phone number was. I explained my problem again and she said she would need to put me on hold again. She came back 10-minutes later and said she didn’t see any recent charges. I asked her why than my phone has been shut off and online and when I call in it says I owe $482? She said she would need to put me on hold again to check.

20-minutes later she picked up the line again and said my phone had been shut off because I had overdue balance of $174. I told her I understand that but wanted to know why a charge of $304 is showing online as “recent charges”. She said she would put me back on hold and go check.

At 9:50 pm she returned and said she did not know what the charges were for. I asked if I could please speak to a manager. I told her it was nothing personal I had just been dealing with since the morning. She said a manager would tell me the same thing she’s telling me. She said I could pay $174 to turn the phone back on and I could wait until my new bill arrived to determine what the $307 charges were for. It took another 15-minutes to process my credit card payment. I was put on hold between each question. Credit card number, address, city, zip code, expiration, billing address, number again, zip code again.

It is now 10:15 pm and I have yet to speak to anyone that can answer me why there is a recent charge of $304 and why my phone has exceeded it’s $450 limit.

This is the most frustrating customer service experience I have ever had to deal with in my entire life. It seems impossible to get a hold of any human being that is even willing to try and help. The common practice I’ve noticed all day is to put someone on hold and then hang up on them. I have spent a full day trying to resolve this issue without any success.

I believe that the $307 charge was an accident on behalf of one of the representatives trying to take my order on the night of August 7th.

The phone system and your support staff is completely incompetent. It is absolutely ridiculous how so many people can be unwilling or unable to help a customer.

Sprintdropped calls problem

I have been having trouble with dropped call constantly with Sprint and when i report them to their tech support they always say my phone needs an update. I said my phone needs updated twice in one week? They don't seem to have an answer. They tell me to take the battery out count to ten put the battery back in. It still drops calls. They tell me to switch it to roaming... I said " i'm not paying roaming charges" they say no you have free roaming. Yeah i bet i do... another way for them to rob me. Anyhow, as i've told them and told them, i am dropping about 80% of the calls i make. That's ridiculous! So i call tech support after another dropped call Aug.1 at 10:30PM i am on hold for over 20 minutes.

I tell the tech about all my dropped calls and that my service is terrible i'm sick of it i want my service terminated. She put me on hold and she either hung up on me or again sprint drops another call her name was Sanya, so, i call again now I'm talking to Shaun he's listening to my complaint next thing i know silence. another dropped call? so, i call again this time i talk to someone in accounting who's name i did not get. Surprise that call drops too... I call again this time i talk to Nathan he also very friendly tells me i need to speak to accounting he transfers me to another line... i wait another 25 minutes. Then Katy comes on the line she is very nice but not as good as a liar as the others. She tells me that accounting is closed i need to call back tomorrow. I said really what time is accounting in she stumbles a bit and then says from 7am to 10:30 PM so i said oh when i talked to the guy in accounting at 11pm he was just working overtime... um umm ummmm... yeah maybe he was working overtime... i said i think you guys just don't want to deal with me. She says let me see if anyone is in accounting... On the phone comes Bryan... from accounting... hmmm i guess he's pullin' a late night huh? i tell him my plight he tells me he will terminate my service. I said i am not paying the $300.00 early termination fee either as i gave them every opportunity to fix my service i pay my bill on time every month and this is how they treat me? Then i sent an e-mail just to make sure they know about the termination and me not paying the termination fee. Attached is the e-mail i sent them and their reply to me and then my reply back again of which i haven't gotten a response yet.

• Ca
                              carlos Dec 04, 2008

She probably stumbed with the hours of accounting because she more than likely was in a different time zone. Call centres are located all over the world, so she might have been trying to make out when it would be closed for you. When you questioned her about talking to the guy at 11pm, she probably became unsettled because she thought you might be thinking she's a liar now, or annoyed with her, whichever the case may be. Then she checks for you and realized she didn't get the time correct and switches you to the accounts rep.

Sometimes drops call occur because, even though companies offer an extended area of coverage, it's impossible to cover everywhere. Unfortunately this makes some companies look worse than others in certain locations. There are also other factors such as the high buildings of NewYork and tall trees in rural areas which can block of signals depending on where the tower is located (this is why some companies work in areas that others don't). If you were on the phone that had the excessive call dropping that's probably why it seemed like everyone hung up on you. You can terminate your service without fee in a situation like this by confirming it with the phone company and switching companies.

• Da
                              Dave Feb 21, 2009

I fixed my sprint dropped calls I had to get a land line.
                              When I bought the phone I looked @ sprints service map and it said "good to excellent" in the orchard..yeah I live next to one & that should of told me something... like you're a bunch of %$^@ I even went to that area in the orchard that denotes good to excellent service uhhh 1 bar 2 @ the most! my bars look something like an equalizer up down service no service tried switching to no roaming/roaming it doesn't help!
                              When I called sprint customer unservice I asked where is the nearest tower..they have No idea.What about the dropped calls? i ask. they woman on the other end said "yeah they've had some complaints in this area.Well Do Something About it!Yeah I've been told to pull the battery out upgrade my firmware it doesn't work..just like sprint.
                              My business depends on doing service for other people but I cant depend on sprint to get the job done.My customers need to get in touch w/ me not a dropped call @ my house, if they do they go somewhere else...just like I have too...verizon here I come
                              I'll pay the early termination fee to get better service.
                              As for getting your phone fixed good luck, I went out of town & my screens went out the morning of my flight, I figured I'd get a new phone when I got to where I was going. The service dept.109 S New Road Waco Texas told me "yup its broken" (as it was in a box all apart)can ya wait until you get home to have it fixed?If the "manager" there would of spent more time helping customers instead of surfing the net, something Might get done.Thanks you bunch of idiots, That kind of service is what is driving Sprint down.
                              Why should I be loyal to a company that really doesn't care about the business they are in?
                              Would we pay for something that kinda works or something That Does work when we need it(hope you don't need emergency services like 911)
                              oops dropped call
                              Sprint has no one to blame but itself & greed

Norberto De Castro Oct 24, 2012

I am in a similar situation, been having drop calls all day ! I have 4 lines with them and for several months now it's been a nightmare! spoke to loyalty department and all they can offer me is 15 dollars credit, I said are you kidding Me? I told them I use my phone for work, and my wife for her Real Estate business throughout the day and that's all they can do for us. Same excuse regarding their towers, and they have no set date on when they will be done. So I told them i'd rather cancel my service, she replied that if iI cancel I will have to pay over a thousand dollars for cancellation fee for all 4 lines, I told her that why should I pay for something they cant fix and it's been going on for months now, I've been paying them always on time since 2003, and this how they treat their customers, I'm done with Sprint and will spread the word, not that they don't know already how horrible Sprint service is, bottom line is I'm not asking any favors from Sprint, all I want is be fair !!!

Sprintillegal automatic additional agreement

I am hoping someone could help me. I will try to make my situation as short as possible and maybe you could help me or point me in the right direction. I was a sprint customer for over 6 years. My contract ended 9/06. I did not renew. I did call in Dec 06 regarding my bill and to discuss my phone not working well after a 2-year period.

I changed service May 07. I shortly received a bill from Sprint for early cancellation; $200 per phone (I have 3 phone lines). I attempted to contact Sprint several times and was either disconnected, told the system was down for maintenance, or just could not get through because I did not have an account number.

I called a local store and was transferred to a talking person at Sprint. This manager told me that when I talked with them in Dec 06 and inquired about my phone that that conversation was an agreement to contract for additional 2-years. And that they sent a mailer regarding a 10% savings and because I did not respond to the mailer, that it was silent agreement that I contract with them for additional 2-years.

I am wondering if there is a class action suit and would like information on joining. I did not sign an agreement nor did I give verbal agreement for additional 2-years. When I originally signed on with Sprint, it was for a 2-year period. I was never explained about this "automatic" additional 2-year agreement.

Advise smb what to do!

• Ga
                                Gail wilde Aug 23, 2007

I am dealing with almost that same problem right now! However, I contacted Sprint several times got names and ID numbers of service reps who said they removed the INVOLUNTARY contract extension and I would NOT be charged a termination fee. I even got a email response from a rep. But guess what?? My bill came and there is the 200 termination fee!!! I wrote letters to their billing and customer service departments and am now going to send letters to as many "higher ups" I can locate!!! This is ridiculous!!!

Charlie Severson Sep 23, 2007

I used to work for Sprint in the actual retail store. I can't speak for their current practices, but I can tell you some things from my experience there.

1. About 5 years ago, they used to change plans without renewing contracts. They changed that policy while I worked there. At the time (again, I can't speak for now), the information regarding the contract renewal was included on all literature regarding plans, and it wasn't just in the fine print.

2. Just having a conversation with them does not mean they renew your contract. However, when changing your plan, they do have a script they are supposed to read that includes the contract renewal. If you say yes after this script, they're covered.

3. All reps are supposed to write a note in each account they access and provide a short description of why they accessed the account. Unfortunately, it's possible that some reps lie in the notes.

4. When you change a plan in the computer, it automatically extends the contract, so any rep who tells you they can waive that probably hasn't been properly trained.

I hope this helps! Good luck.

• Ni
                                Nikki Dec 04, 2007

Hi,

I was wondering if you had your issues resolved w/Sprint... How did it turn out. That sounds very similar to what I just went through w/ them. My husband and I have been w/ them for a lil' over 4 years. Last year we added a 3rd line; We did a transfer of liability and separated our lines. All along, I've had to call Sprint every other month for "unauthorized" add-ons... Text, etc. I made a habit of checking the bill every month and constantly had to call in for credits. The reps are very rude and unprofessional! They disconnect calls purposely! They added a 3rd line to my acct... One of the reps said she could not figure out who/what/when/where it happened. I had no calls showing TO or FROM that number. Now, how do you explain that. It took from July to Now for me to get this resolved. I had to file a dispute w/the BBB. I was given someone's number while the dispute was going on to have my bill placed on hold... I called numerous times and NEVER received a call back. It took over a month for me to finally speak to someone in that department! They ended up disconnecting my service! And now they are trying not to give me my deposit back which I am entitled to. I can not believe the unprofessionalism. The dishonesty! A large company like SPRINT and they are full of BS. I will not EVER do business w/them or any of their affiliates again! They made this process long and drawn out... They are HORRIBLE!!!

• Ro
                                Roluc Jan 16, 2008

I AM NOW EXPERIENCING THE SAME WITH SPRINT. AFTER CHECKING WITH THE STORE I ORIGINALLY PURCHASED THE CELL PHONES, THEY ADVISED ME THAT MY CONTRACT WAS UP IN NOV 2007. I CALLED SPRINT IN DECEMBER TO CANCEL. AND THEY GAVE ME THE SAME TREATMENT, NOT TALKING TO ME AND SENDING ME TO OTHERS. THEY SAID THAT MY ACCOUNT WAS NOT IN THEIR SYSTEM AND I WOULD HAVE TO CHECK LATER. I DID SEVERAL DAYS LATER AND THEY HAD ME UNDER ANOTHER ACCOUNT NUMBER, WHICH THEY REINSTATED ON THEIR OWN. SINCE I CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT, I AM NOW GETTING THREATING LETTERS ABOUT SENDING MY ACCOUNT TO THEIR COLLECTION AGENCIES FOR EARLY TERMINATION FEE OF $465.99. I WAS NEVER LATE WITH MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS. I HAVE FILED A CONSUMER COMPLAINT WITH OUR ATTORNEY GENERAL IN PENNSYLVANIA. I AM THINKING VERY HARD ON CONTACTING AN ATTORNEY FOR BEING A VICTIM OF THEIR FRADULENT BEHAVOIR.

• We
                                WestiesMA Apr 28, 2010

I am in the same boat - I signed a 2-year agreement with Pivot in November 2007. Pivot went away in une 2010 and the accounts were moved to Sprint. I never got a new phone or signed anything, but they extended my contract to June 2010. I found this oput when I disconnected in February 2010 and was charged a $200 ETF. I disputed it, but they basically said pay it or we ruin your credit. I paid it because I do not have the time or energy to sit on the phone with them for hours about this and see my credit ruined. They have very shady business practices - how I can be in a 2-year agreement without clicking anytbing or signing anything is beyond me. They said once I used the phone I agreed to the 2-year agreement. I will NEVER do business with them again, no matter what. I will go without a cell phone rather than give them another dime.

Sprint PCSsprint is a scam!

I've read the message people wrote about sprint (i'm gonna be very polite in description) dishonest lousy business.

I am a victim my self for over as happened in 2003. Ended up with unauthorized charges for calls that i did not make. I fought the same way with them i even reported them to FCC and the attorney general. The whole point is that they do not move on a small claim small fish like I am.
                              BUT! I am bringing people together for a class action lawsuit and i think we will kick their butt they will pay dearly for ripping good people off.There is a consumer law about fraudulent business practices.

My confidence is coming from the fact that i have been studying and researching on my own for the big "rain" to come down on them. And it will if we file a joint complaint amongst others whom i also will write and you will get you money back and plus damages and plus what the law allows.
                              I am not an attorney nor looking for business other than take them to court and get mine and others money back.

• Ive had this service for almost a mo. Ive bn lied to all the way arond! I guess i shldve staydcw/cricket i went to Sprint to get away from discrimination. Twrds me being on dIsablity&having 1eye mind u! But still am treated the but the want 3x's my $ a mo. For service & my daughter had her kindle n the store they promisd it was all included in my plan oh no, no hotpot here olny if i want 2shell out more $ Ridiculous... she is s upset then ive tt Sprint 3x's since 1st wk of july was promised free hotspot deice& lifeline cedit i have yet 2get pprwrk or hotspot! Tt another rep on 22, was told if i wasnt contactd by 25th which they were gona disconnect me! Got it on june 28th was pomised wldnt have 2pay til 3rd dah! Thats my payay. I swear thought i did the rte thing by switching. Cricket was only 43$now y wld i do that wth was i thinking thought was helpn me&family guess not! S.P.

Sprintsprint allowed access to my account to some random person

I am writing to complain about sprints customer service and how inconsiderate the representatives are. My account was accessed by a person claiming to be my husband and sprint allowed the person to place a new phone upon my existing account without my consent, as the account holder. I am extremely angered that nobody at sprint has helped or even holding their employees liable for this error. I will be canceling one of my lines next week because I no longer want anything to do with the company or support it in any way. I have been a customer for many years and sad to say I would never recommend them to anyone.

Sprint PCSbilling problems and horrible customer service

I have been with Sprint PCS since 2003 and previously before that from [protected]. I have never had any issues other than long wait time for calling customer service up until 2 months ago. Everything has been awful. In April 2007 I added my boyfriend's phone line onto my account and took a family plan. We then each purchased a new phone. Upon purchasing the phone the sales rep. specifically asked, "is this phone for the phone line ending in 5477?" and "is this for the phone line ending in 7985?" Yes was my reply. When I switch my plan to the 550 min. family plan for $59.99 and added 300 texts messages for $5.00 per line, I was never told about anything other than all this I just mentioned. A couple of days later, when our phones came in, I called to activate them. The first call I made, I was on the phone with them for almost an hour and they were unable to activate my phone at that time, saying something about their systems refreshing or whatever terminology they use. They told me to call back in one hour. During this first call I was able to activate my boyfriend's phone (line ending in 7985). I didn't understand why mine couldn't be done. I call back a little over an hour later and during this call I find out that my phone has been programmed to another number-apparently a 3rd line that was added without my permission and without my knowledge. I told them that I was never told about this line. Also, come to find out that the $32.09 I paid isn't the only balance I owed. It wasn't free as I was told, it was only free with the 3rd line, in which I was NEVER told. So then they charged me the full $179.99 for the phone. They gave me my credit of $75 since I had my old phone for 1 yr. and another credit of $25 for the inconvenience of waiting 2 hours on the phone for them to figure out what happened. In total, I got a $100 credit. Everything was fine from that point, and my bill online showed I was in credit of $23 and some change. May's bill rolls in and I see I am being charged $566.31. WHAT!? Ok, my boyfriend and I understood that we went over on the texts and mins., but not $566.31 worth. I called to resolve this issue. I spoke to about 2 reps. I was told they pro-rated my texts, so in all reality I didn't receive 300 texts, and this was after I was asked if I wanted it to become effective immediately. No one told me they would do this. Then I had a charge of $198 and some change for the 3rd line I never used. The phone was only $179.99 and I had a $100 credit PLUS the $32.09 I already paid. I thought I paid the previous balance of $100 because I also knew I would be changing my plan. They told me I didn't and that was another reason why my bill was so high. but the credits were not applied to May's bill as they were supposed to, it was towards April's bill which was already in the middle of the billing cycle. No one did anything to resolve the issue, until I spoke to a gentleman around 5/15/2007. He told me that if I kept my balance under $180, he would waive the late fees PLUS $100. And all of this would be applied to June's bill. I changed my texts to unlimited in which he offered to me at $20 for both lines. Last week I receive my bill for June. The total due was $364.55. Are these people kidding me? I looked and I didn't go over my minutes or texts because texts are unlimited. I also didn't see my $100 credit like I was told. I called to get everything straightened out and I have spoken to 3 different reps and emailed 2-3 different reps as well. no one will help me, and they pretty much make it out to be like I am lying. But I even have this guys rep. number. I told them, "I don't have 2-3 hours of my time to sit here on hold or arguing over a phone bill." I was then told that my unlimited texting was prorated. How can you prorate something that is unlimited? I work as an assistant manager at an apartment community and we prorate a lot here. How is it possible? After that I found out that they were charging me $20 per line for unlimited texts and a few days prior, online showed $10.65 per line. When I asked about it, the $20 for all phone lines is for the 700 min. plan in which I was never told nor did it show up, like I said, a couple days prior it was $10.65 per line for unlimited texts. The whole point in getting a family plan is that when I was on the individual plan my bill ran about $65-$100 a month. Being on a family plan it would be about $50-$60 at the most per person. But in this case we have dished out almost $1000 in 2 months for reasons being unknown. The charges that they making up I presume. I am tired of blowing my money on this bill, even my rent is cheaper and I live in a luxury apartment community. This is just getting out of hand here. They are charging me out the wazoo and getting away with it. I have never paid so much money out to a cell phone company in such a little span of time. I have reported them to the FCC, FTC, and BBB. I shouldn't have to call every month to clear up a bill, they are just draining me of my money.

• Ig
                                      Igor T. Dec 05, 2008

I could write a book on my nightmare customer service experience with Sprint.

I’ll give you the short version:

1) I Made the mistake of buying a Blackberry from a Sprint Telemarketer. I travel extensively, and was in need of a new phone so I was actually glad the guy called. He told me that Sprint was offering a special price with rebates galore. Hey, Sign me up! I purchased the phone using a Visa card. The phone I ordered was the wrong one so I went to the Sprint store to excange it for an upgraded
                                      Blackberry World Phone. The store didn’t have one in stock, however the clerk kindly handed me their phone to order it from another department. The clerk then did an exchage using my Visa at the cash
                                      register, and my new phone arrived at my home two days later. Cool.

2) Since I’m not exactly a tech-savvy phone genius, I returned to the Sprint store to get some help setting up my new Blackberry. They were marginally helpful, however they got me fixed up nonetheless.

3) I chose the Blackberry World Phone because as I said, I travel extensively. I was leaving for China in a few days and just as I do every month, I dial *3 to pay my Sprint bill. I was a bit shocked when the lovely robo-woman told me that my new balance was $1100.00! As I said, I purchased one phone, exchanged it for another, all on my Visa card. My normal phone bill is around 100.00 per month, and now I’m looking at an $110.00 phone bill! I called “customer service” immediately to get to the bottom of it.

Oh my God! I spent two days, and a total of 9 hours on the phone dealing with one idiot after another. In two days, I spoke with 29 different people. I was hung up on, mysteriously disconnected with, put on perma-hold, and treated like dirt by these evil mutants employed by Sprint. I was yelled at, called a liar, insulted in a half a dozen other ways, and still nobody could figure out why my phone bill was $1100.00.

I had only two days to go until I’m on a plane for China, and I’m going through a living hell with Sprint!

On the third day, I return to the Sprint store to try to resolve the issue. The manager of the store dialed some kind of secret magical number and handed me their phone to speak with some big chief, or the “King of Sprint”, or whatever. The guy was very pleasant, and tried to help me unravel the whole mess. Turns out, I was charged for three phones. They charged my Visa bill, and there were overlapping charges on my Sprint bill. He credited me for part of the damage, however I was told that the credit for $700.00 on my Sprint bill wouldn’t show up until my next montly statement.

At this point, I was just happy to know that I had a working telephone to take to China, and I was glad to know that the issue was more or less resolved. Had I not been on such a hectic travel schedule, I would have dropped Sprint immediately.

4) One month later: I return from China, dial *3 to pay my Sprint bill, only to hear robo-woman’s voice telling me that I’m past due for the amount of $700.00. Now, I’ve never been late with paying my Sprint bill. In fact, I usually pay early. I’ve been a loyal Sprint customer for eight years.I didn’t use my phone in China, except to answer annoying messages from Sprint which I was recieving daily.(Apparently, when you have an open dispute with them, they try to annoy you into submission by hounding you to death across the globe. You can run, but you can’t hide!)

So once again, rather than go through another two days of degradation trying to resolve anything on the phone with “customer service”, I drive to the Sprint store. During my jet-lagged attempt to get some answers from the guy in the store, I was told that this was somehow my fault because “we told you it would take a month for the credit to show up on your statement”. He also suggested that I pay the bill, even though I don’t owe them money, and wait until yet another month goes by for the billing department to straighten it out. Rather than get violent with the guy, I marched out of there and promtly called “customer service” again to see if I could find some answers.

Finally, I get someone who isn’t on drugs to speak with. The “supervisor” more or less got it straightened out.

It’s been almost three months, and I’m still waiting for that rebate.
                                      Never did get that “special offer”. After the mental anguish Sprint put me through, they should give me free phones and free service for life. I would drop Sprint, however I’m in China again this month. As grueling as my travel schedule is, I don’t have time to change service right now. Whenever I can take a break, dropping Sprint is high on my
                                      to-do list!

• Valerie Jun 03, 2016

My current account with you is billed electronically automatically.

I ended my account for phone # [protected] a long time ago. After I closed the account I received a bill from you guys saying that I still owed money, even though I closed the account. I paid that bill with you guys telling me the account was closed and there would not be any more bills. Then months later I received another bill and again I inquired how I was getting billed when the account was closed and you guys said it was before the account was closed which I inquired why would I pay my ending balance and there still be a balance after the account closed. Without it making any sense as to why I was billed I paid it off to be done with. Then a couple of months pass and again I receive a bill, this time I'm pretty sure after two times there is no way I still owe money to you for a closed account that I repeatedly paid for and was told both times there was not any more balances due. So I call the collection agency and the guy threatens me with ruining my credit report and that Sprint is a large company that I can't fight. I tell him there is no way I owe any more money so he supposably tranfers me to Sprint. The sprint lady says I do have a remaining balance and I tell her that is not possible and she comes back and says it is from a balance before the account was closed, which by the way I was automatically billed to my credit card so there is no way I could have an outstanding balance, let alone twice. Now I am getting another bill, which there is no way I am paying this one.

• St
                                      steve20000 Jun 03, 2016

the same thing has happened to me twice...the first time a discontinued service on a landline and found out months later they never discontinued my service at all...and sprint ran up a big bill on me that went to collections and ruined my credit...now again...i discontinued service on a sprint usb connection for my computer and it took me 3 days and over 6 hours on the phone before i finally talked to a person that says she put my account to zero that i owe them...i asked for a clearance letter from sprint that excludes me from any further charges and she said she would get that out to me in the mail...now i get a letter saying i can make payments on the bill they say i owe???...omg...i cancelled my service feb 11 2012...the billing date they want my money for is from feb 20 untill march 19 2012...do they do this to everybody?...i was not even under contract with sprint for my computer connection and was told by sprint i could cancel my service anytime i wanted...what can an individual do?...i cant afford to be on the phone for 2 or 3 hours a day trying to make them understand my case which is actually very simple...how do they get away with this?