Complaints & Reviews

customer service representatives are incompetent

I can give several examples of Sprint customer service representatives incompetence, but the most recent has to do with cancelling(hooray) my service with Sprint. I have known each time I have had to call Sprint with a service related issue that I was going to cancel my account when my contract was up (due to both faulty service and horrible customer service), but I have also known my contract ends in the middle of my billing cycle (because of an error by a Sprint customer service representative in setting up my account) so I have asked repeatedly how this would be handled if/when I was ready to cancel the service and I was repeatedly told I could cancel at any time and the last month of service would be prorated and the difference credited. I was even told this after I cancelled my service, I simply needed to wait until the last statement on the account printed. Only when I called a month after my last statement should have arrived did I after being on the phone for an hour, speaking to three different people, getting put on hold, getting hung up on did I get a representative who told me something different; that when cancelling my contract in the middle of a billing cycle the terms and agreement state no prorating would be done and no credit would be given for the days of service I paid for but did not receive and that nothing could/ would be done to correct this. I suggested perhaps she should read this to her fellow co workers who couldn't seem to come up with the correct answer. Once again big company wins and little consumer suffers. Well with the price of gas I guess I only lost half a tank.

• Ca
    carl chassereau Jan 02, 2010

a rep. in your Beaufort, s.c. store--told me via phone that they could check my i850 phone, to see if it would send and receive even tho i don't have a contract. I drove 100 miles [round trip] for this service., which then they said it couldn't be done. I purchased it IN a contruction co. bankruptcy auction box containing several items, assumed it was defective and stored it, and forgot it. just after I purchased a new phone with verison, I came across this i850 which seems to work ok, but i don' have service. they say i can't even purchase a prepaid card to see if it will work. DO THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING DOWN THERE??

• It
    ItsMichaelNotMike May 20, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to post this. You saved me a lot of money because I was thinking of going back to sprint after a 6 year hiatus (I canceled Sprint in 2004 because of the way they treated me, which was badly).

terrible customer service

My account was due for renewal on may 23, 2008. My phone was to be disconnected at midnight on may 23 (Going...

racism and poor service

I went in the store to have my phone worked on and there was little or no attention paid towards the services i needed. My phone had been sitting up on the counter to be worked on for about 45 minutes and never touched, so i approached them as to where my phone was and they said look its right here. Long story short they never tended to my phone but yet and still says that i had water damage and that is the second diagnosis phones on two separate occasions that they said was wrong with my phone and they never even tried to diagnose it but gave it a diagnosis of water damage and i never dropped it in the water, so i done came out of pocket 300.00 in less than six months on phones for an incorrect diagnosis that the representatives in the sprint store on derek drive in lake charles, la gave because they don't feel like doing their job or have attitudes... it would help u all to the utt most to have problems like this resolved because with or without the economies standings it could hurt your company.

JAvonni Brustow Jul 16, 2008

I have been with Sprint for 3 yrs and they NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME at how they find WAYS to SCREW UP MY ACCT! I WOKE UP ONE DAY TO A 250 RIGHT AFTER I PAID IT!!! THT WEEK!!! WTF?!?!? i called and they said OOPS and fixed it.

NOV 06 I got a second line shaing minutes... and changed my plan.. THEY CHARGED 2 PLANS for 2 PHONES!! 4 PLANS IN TOTAL! MY PHOEN WAS OFF FOR $700!!! THT WAS INSANE!?!?! I LITERALLY WENT ON A WITCH HUNT FOR SPRINT AFTER THT!

NEVER! NEVER HAVE I SEEN SUCH A ###ED GROUP OF ****S IN ALL MY DAYS!!! EVEN THE FAILING DC GOVT IS FILLED WITH SMARTER PPL THAN THIS!

IN CONCLUSION SPRINT HAS GIVEN ME DEAL AFTER DEAL AFTER DEAL TO KEEP ME AS A CUSTOMER...i dont know if i can take it anymore. i read their stock everyday and read sprint news everyday but this is like something made up. it is surreal! i look at my phone everymonth and think...wat should i expect now?

i pray the new ceo gets it together because if i spend 400 to leave sprint tht will be one cold day for the world!

overcharge and wont refund

I have been a Sprint customer for nearly 4 years. My trouble started in December when I attempted to activate an old phone of mine that I had recovered after being stolen. It took over 3 weeks to finally get the situation of the phone's activation resolved which entailed being lied to, being hung up on, and spending numerous hours on the telephone. As a "make-do offering" for all the trouble and frustration I was put through, I was promised $10 off of my monthly statement for the next 12 months. I accepted the gesture and agreed not to terminate my account at that time. After a few months, I had called and asked for more information on the Simply Everything plan and was told that my employee discount AND my $10 credit would apply towards the plan. After two billing cycles and two long phone calls, I was informed that I had been lied to AGAIN by a Sprint representative and that neither my discount nor my $10 credit applied toward the plan. After I told the representative to switch me back to my old plan, I was told that the $10 credit that I was offered for not canceling my account was "no longer an option that they do." To help make up for this, the representative was able to offer me a $7 discount off of my $15 unlimited messaging plan, so I accepted and did not make an issue of the $3 difference. Since I have the sprint-nextel power source phone I had the walkie-talkie service as well. When the representative changed my plan off of the simply everything, back to my original plan, s/he made a mistake and did not add the walkie-talkie service but was still charged me for it. When I contacted Sprint last week, (July 1, 2008) for a non-related issue, the representative I was dealing with noticed all the mistakes and was giving me a credit for $20 for not being able to use my walkie-talkie for the two months. As we were disconnecting, the representative informed me that my balance due was $200+. I was charged over $150 for text message overages. My plan has always, for almost 4 years now, included unlimited text messages, so I have no idea how to even begin understanding being charged that much money for an Overage when I have unlimited of it. The worst part of the situation was that Sprint had already withdrawn the money from my account and when I contacted them for the refund I was on the phone for 32 minutes and was informed that I could not get the money directly back to my account, that I have to wait 24-48 hours for the request to be processed and then another "10-15" to get the check in the mail. When I asked what "10-15" meant she said "days" and I asked if that meant calendar days or business days and she had no idea. When I told her to just forget the whole thing, because if you think about it by the time I get the check in the mail, and deposit it into my account and wait for it to clear, they've already taken out next months bill! She said "OK" and put me on hold for 10 more minutes and then just hung up on me. I called back again to speak to a customer care specialist or the complaint department, was transferred a total of 7 times and then the 8th time is when I was transferred to a line that was no longer in service and hung up on again. I called back a third time. This time, I asked to speak with the consumer affairs department immediately. I was transferred to a very nice girl who actually seemed to want to help the situation. She told me she could get in touch with some kind of supervisor in the financial department. After being on hold for an extensive period, she brought on a young gentleman who said the exact same thing that everyone else said which made me believe he wasn't a supervisor at all, but just the only person she could find to deal with me. This time he was very short and abrupt and said "we submit the request and if its approved you get a check in 15-30 days." I said absolutely not and asked to be transferred to the cancellation department. This time the gentleman put me on hold to "research the issue" and after being on hold for another long period of time came back and reported the same procedure for getting a refund back. This time, he said the ETA would be 14 business days. I simply cannot understand how sprint can so easily withdraw money from my account, money which i add they were NOT supposed to take since they were erroneous charges, but I have to wait almost 3 weeks to get my money back? I told the gentleman I just wanted to cancel the contract and he immediately brought up the termination fee to which I told him, if you expect to hold me to a contract you are required to provide me with the bare minimum decency of customer service which you have failed to do, thus nullifying any obligation to remain a customer of yours. He attempted to put me on hold again but I told him I didn't have time and he said he would call me back in 10-15 minutes after he did "more research" as if the 20 minutes before while I waited on hold weren't enough. 6 Hours have gone by and he has not called yet.

• To
    Tony Zinnanti Nov 30, 2008

I have been with Sprint since March of 2002. Up until about February 2008, things with Sprint were more of less okay. I have four voice lines with Sprint and a data line.

Suddenly, I am finding that my one year contract has mysteriously turned into a two year contract. How, I have no idea. Sprint refuses to send documentation or justify charges.

Sprint billed me for "equipment protection" for a non-existent handset for months. I called to try to cancel the insurance billing. As you may know, insurance coverage is one of their most profitable products.

After several attempts to cancel the coverage, finally on September 26, 2008, I was informed it has been canceled and that a retroactive credit would issue.

The credit never issued. I was subsequently informed by the retention department that Sprint does honor claims which do not arise within 60 days. I was told by a retention customer service rep that I " just want to live a carefree existence" and not review my bill.

This sent me to the moon. This ### says this after I called incessantly after reviewing my bill. And, he has the nerve to tell me they can credit the amount, but they really can't do it.

It was never credited.

The $15 unlimited texting was further misrepresented. They quoted $15 and charge $20 per month. When I inquired, they said they never had a $15 per month plan.

The bottom line is that (1) Sprint's practices are statutorily illegal but (2) they don't care because they make huge political contributions to the watchdogs.

There is a major attorney in Los Angeles with whom I've been in contact with respect to this situation. You've all probably seen him a ton of times on TV, but I don't want to drop names here. His firm is exploring a class action against Sprint. I hope that a right to rescind contracts is made part of it.

As for me, I just want to be done with them. There is no reason I should have to do business with an entity that engages in stealing from its customers.

dishonesty

In February of 2005 I had a few months until our contract with Sprint was going to expire when I received a letter from Sprint telling me that they were so proud of their service that they would give people a chance to cancel their contract without a penalty fee. Since I was so frustrated with their overall service, I canceled. Well, my problems got worse. I was sent bills after bills charging me the early cancellation fee, I called Sprint each month for about 3 months, then I received a collection notice. Needles to say, the collection agency and Sprint denied ever sending me that letter. I kept the letter and told them that I would take it to the news if they did not remove my name from the collection agency and they told me to produce the letter. I had moved to another state and the letter was in storage, we had to spend money to go retrieve it, since the storage was about 5 hours away. We took time from work, so miss time and pay plus the gas, food, and even lodging. No one at Sprint is willing to pay for the time and money spent, but I just wrote to the new CEO Dan Hesse ([protected]@sprint.com). I am hopping for a happy resolution, but will see. During the retrieval of the letter, which I still have, a chair fell on my shoulder and breast. Just today I purchased a hot and cold pack for my shoulder, the doctor just told me Wednesday that I have tendinitis and I have pain on my breast too. I wrote to Sprint, they sent me a check for about $200.+ which I never cashed, because the very cost to retrieve the letter they sent and denied sending was over $2, 000.00. I hope this new CEO can work out this problem, because I am almost sure that more people in Colorado, Utah and maybe Arizona received this letter and perhaps they went through the same thing.

• Bo
    Bobbie W. Frost Jan 04, 2008

Some 8 years ago, I added my daughter to my phone plan. Subsequent to my adding her, she added three other lines in my name. Sprint permitted her to get the lines and she paid for them and the services. Because of some finanicial difficulties, she could no longer pay the bill. On December 9, the bill was to be sent to collections. On that date I decided that I didn't want my credit to be affected so I decided to pay the bill.

My daughter called the company and spoke with Crystal, (a sprint rep. ) and made arrangements to pay $644.75 on the account and and within 7 days she was to reactivate phones rather than to pay the $800.00 in early cancellation fees, in that we would be able to terminate the plan in approximately 3 months. She then transferred us to Jesse in the finance department. Upon telling Jesse what Crystal had told us, he informed us that the amount that we needed to pay was $801.67 instead of the $644.75. We agreed to the terms and gave him my Mastercard number and we were given a confirmation number.

Approximately a week later, a representative called and said that my payment had been rejected. She said that she didn't know why, however, when she looked at her paperwork she found that Jesse had not recorded the security code. I gave her the security code and she assured me that if anything else happened, she was making a note for me to be called immediately. She gave me the same confirmation number that Jesse had given me and I mentioned that to her. She said that it was okay. That same day, the fraud department called to check on the activity on my account because of the unusual transactions. I informed them that I had made the transactions.

After about a week, my daughter called to reactivate the phones and was told by representative Ruby that the money had not been posted to our account. She said that she would investigate and gave me a case number. She informed me that she would contact me in 7 to 10 working days.

On today, January 4, 2008, I was called by a collection agent who was very rude, course and condescending. She informed me that I owed over $1,400.00 and how was I going to pay it. I tried to explain to her the disposition of the case. Of course, all she was interested in was collecting the money and told me that she was going to keep calling until I paid the money.

I, subsequently, called Sprint to try to make some sense of what was happening because I was under the impression that all was well. I spoke with a representative who said her name was Anne. It was very difficult for us to communicate because of the language barrier. She was polite and tried to be helpful but it was impossible for us to communicate effectively. She kept trying to tell me to fax my bank statement. I asked for a supervisor and she said that she was referring me to her supervisor, Mark. When I spoke with whoever was suppose to be Mark, the supervisor, he inattentively listened to my explanation. I could tell that he was not listening because when I finished, I had to call him 3 times and his response was "I'm here". He informed me that there was no record of payment, no record of a confirmation number that had been given to me but "one that I said that I had been given" (implying that I was lying about the number that was given to me). He further informed me that the confirmation number was not a number used by them (again implying that I was lying) and there was nothing he could do for me. At the close of the conversation (which was not a conversation at all because I spoke and he responded only to intimate that I was lying and there was nothing that he could do for me), I asked his name. He told me that his name was Doug. I asked, ' Doug what'? He told me that he was not permitted to give out his last name but that his I.D. # is 3248. I somehow don't believe that because representative Anne told me that I was going to speak with a person by the name of Mark. Obviously, someone is lying. But why lie to a customer---a long-time customer who has 2 accounts with the company.

By this time, I was furious! I called the sprint account and spoke with a gentleman. I asked if he could look at his records he had for me and give me the confirmation number. I asked him if the security code was recorded and he told me he saw no mention of a security code nor a confirmation number. I asked him if the account ended in specific digits, he gave me the account number of someone and my old bank account number and another credit card that I had used at some earlier point. So, I now have someone else account number and I'm wondering if they have mine. I also have concluded that someone at sprint dropped the ball by not completing the transaction and I am now going to have to be the scapegoat! I can't see why I must be penalized for an error on sprint's part.

I want to clear this matter up. What should I do? I am at a loss.

jason Aug 06, 2008

contact care and as them to research the credit card number in the payments system, if a real sprint rep took the payment (becareful of fradulent mock companies set up to steal your identity) they will find it and have it transferred to your account

• Ca
    carlos Dec 04, 2008

Basically what I gathered out of this story is that you're braindead. You got a mistaken charge which wasn't appearing on their end, lost the letter to prove it in a storage facility instead of keeping it in your purse or somewhere you could get to it, supposedly spent $2000 to go get it just to prove you didn't owe $200 (which just proves your stupidity right there), then blamed Sprint that you were stupid enough to leave it there then hurt yourself and expect compensation for that too, then even without records they send you $200 to make up for the mistake they still can't prove, all the while saying you never owed it even though you got one letter saying you did and more than likely never saw one after because it was autoprinted by the system.

worst customer service ever

I have been with Sprint since Dec of 07. The customer service from that company has been crappy since day 1. First they tricked me into paying about $200 a month for the 2 phones my husband and I had when all we asked for was a family plan. We had no idea that what they fooled us into was everything that we didn't ask for. No one explains anything the way it should be. Its all a scheme to get more customers and to get them to pay more out of their pockets. My bill was never right I always had to call and figure out what was going on this month. Not to mention the "brand new" phones we bought (Motorola Krzr k1m) did not work right off the bat. Its as if I paid out the butt for a phone that has been used before and refurbished... So I call them to get a new phone for my husband and me. And every time I call I speak with someone who does not live in the U.S. but in the Philippines. Not only can I not understand anything coming out of their mouth but they don't understand me at all either so its frustrating on both sides. So I finally received the phone replacement I was asking for. I set up the phones which was chaos b/c I could not understand the foreign person on the other end of the phone. After finally getting them set up I come to find out they gave me another piece of junk phone that was cutting off whenever if decided to. So I call back trying to figure out how to resolve this. Again the foreign person does not understand anything I am saying and keeps asking the same stupid question over again about what is wrong with my phone. At this point I just want to speak with a supervisor b/c I have been hung up on 3 times when they transfer me and quite frankly I am pissed. So I never speak to a supervisor and they want me to file a replacement phone with the insurance company who tells me I must fork over 50 dollars to have this order completed. I am furious b/c I should not be paying anything for a phone they shipped me that does not work and I called about right away. Its not like I held onto for 2 or 3 weeks and then it broke. It was broke as soon as I had it off the charger... So to wrap this up I don't know who is running this company but just like dish network and just like target and probably many other companies. They need to quit hiring people over seas b/c the customer service from them is horrible and all for what? So they can pay them less so they can pocket more money. Its a sad situation all around. I am sick to death of having to call them about anything. I wish I could just cancel my whole contract but who are we kidding what company now a day doesn't do that. I wish they would quit b/c I have no clue what those people are saying on the other end of the phone and that *** me off!

• Ro
    Rocrod Jun 13, 2008

I know exactly what you are going through, I had a similar problem with the monthly billing and drop calls. Each month I called to fix the problems and I just became irritated for not being able to be understood and understand the cs. However, there is a clause on your contract about the 15 days policy "if you are not happy you can cancel it" Check your contract for that, but even if that is the case they will try to rip you off. I had a few months until our contract was going to expire when I received a letter from Sprint telling me that they were so proud of their service that they would give people a chance to cancel their contract without a penalty fee. Since I was so frustrated with their overall service, I cancelled. Well, my problems got worse. I was sent bills after bills charging me the early cancellation fee, I called each month for about 3 months, they I received a collection notice. Needles to say, the collection agency and Sprint denied ever sending me that letter. I kept the letter and told them that I would take it to the news if they did not remove my name from the collection agency and they told me to produce the letter. I had moved to another state and the letter was in storage, we had to spend money to go retrieve it, since the storage was about 4 hours away. We took time from work, so miss time and pay plus the gas, food, and even lodging. No one at Sprint is willing to pay for the time and money spent, but I just wrote to the new CEO Dan Hesse ([email protected]). I am hopping for a happy resolution, but will see.

billing issues

I have used Sprint for the past 3 years, and have not really had many issues with their service until this past May. On May 2007, my Sprint bill reflected charges of over $800 worth of downloads from a company called FlyCell, to which I never requested or submitted a request for their services. I spent countless hours on the phone with customer service rep from Sprint who first accused me of being dishonest due to my request of full refund concerning these downloads, and secondly refused to fully refund my account, after calling in day after day, I finally decided to cancel my services, and at that point was offered full refund towards my account. I thought things were going to change for the better, but boy was I wrong, my problems with Sprint were just beginning. From that point on my billing issues snowballed out of control for the next 12 months. I have repeatedly requested that no extras be set on my phone such as text, internet, ringers, games, etc... I just wanted a plain service with no possible chance for charges. the next few months continued to snaowball with rollover charges, termanation fees, late fee, plan ajustments fee, internet charges, text charges and so on. I spent the next year trying to get my service corrected and bills ajusted to reflect proper amounts, with Sprint reps encouraging me to continue to give Sprint another chance and try, offering free months of services if I kept my service active.in Nov of 2007 I requested my service be turned off and a final bill be sent, I was then contacted by Sprint offering me a free Touch phone, a clean bill reflecting no charges and 3 free months of services. I accepted their offer and boy was that a huge mistake, the following month bill didnt reflect proper credits to the account to reflect a zero balance, or did the bill reflect correct credits to cover cost of free phone, but I was also being charged a termanation fee in the amount of $200 on top of the other charges, oh and no where was I being given free months of services. I spent the next week calling to get bill charges dropped and ajusted to correct amounts. I was told time after time that everything was being taken care of and that all would be corrected and new statement or bill would reflect these changes. What a bunch of bull crap, it is May 23 2008, and I received a collection notice concerning my billing issues from Sprint.in April 2008 I finally spoke with a Sprint rep named Ruben G, funny thing they never give you full names or contact numbers to get same rep who understands what is going on, but after weeks of calling e-mailing back and forth, I was given the call that my bill was credited and ajustments were made to reflect a zero balance. I was also told that my services were cancelled and termanation fee would be my last charge and was $100. On May 19th 2008, I received what was to be my final statement and bill. It was to be for the termanation fee only in the amount of $100, and when I opened the bill, it read $377.48 which consisted of charges for text messages, internet, Sprint TV, termanation charge in full amount $200. I called and was told that a manager would call me the next day, never happened, so I called again only to receive same message, which once again never received a call from a manager, than on Thrusday May 22 2008, I received a collection notice from Sprint for the amount of $377.48. I was so mad, and upset that one I was being given this notice for charges I dont owe, and two the fact this was going to mess up my credit rating and put me in a jam concerning employment, given the fact credit checks are done and if credit issues come up, they fire those individuals. So I called and requested this issue be fixed ASAP and was given the same response "everything has been fixed and account has been ajusted to reflect only amount due is $99.99" I requested a letter be sent out reflecting same thing I was being told over phone and was told that is not allowed, spent the next hour and a half speaking to managers who kept giving me the same response. Why is it so hard for a company like Sprint to communicate internal issues, and send out offical changes to clients accounts? If any one out there is reading this and can help me I would love to hear from you

Mario Diaz Jun 05, 2008

I totally agree and have experienced your grief. I am in the process of taking these creeps to small claims court. Like you, they treated me like crap. They are so arrogant. In my case, there were bogus charges regarding call tones that I did not purchase. The call tomes were these gangster wrap crap. I HATE that music (I use the term music very loosely in this case).

They state that if the charges are on my statement, it's because I ordered the services.

I also experienced many months of inaccurate billing. I made the very same request you made; to disable any requests for any fluff services such as web access. I would STILL get those stupid charges on my bill.

• La
    Laka Mar 03, 2009

Had the exact same problem...100 percent similar. I also plan to take legal action. Money is power and they know it, well I know it too... Power is also money...

To make it worst...I took care of my collection notice multiple times and they resent it over and over again...a year later and than a couple monts after that...

Sprint said that the amount popped up on my account out of nowhere...and there was no explanation why... A week prior I was told my balance was zero..

correcting a billing mistake!

I switched from Nextel to Sprint in February 2008. First of all, the incompetent guy at the local Sprint store closed my Nextel account BEFORE getting my number ported over. He tried porting it over, but then after he somehow closed my Nextel account, he kept getting an error. The store manager assured me it would be fixed promptly, as they had submitted a ticket to the Sprint people to fix it.

Well, it took about a week until they got it straightened out. Then in March I got charged $227.73 for an early termination fee (from Nextel). I had been enrolled in auto-pay, so it got charged to my credit card. Of course, I called Sprint, and they said I had to call Nextel. So I called Nextel and explained what happened. They said they couldn't issue a credit (it had been 11 days) and I would have to dispute the transaction with the credit card company. Nextel did agree that I had been erroneously charged.

The credit card company said I couldn't dispute it until after 30 days, so I went back to Nextel. I called Nextel for the second time, explaining the whole thing yet again. I got transferred to account services so they could credit my account, and they hung up before I even got to talk to them. So, I called back a third time. Explained the whole thing AGAIN. The lady transferred me to account services and I had to explain it a fourth time. Then she tried to say I didn't have an early termination fee on my account. So I had to tell her it was the "old" account with Nextel, not the new one with Sprint. Finally she agree and said they would call in 3-5 business days and I gave them my home number. Well, about 10 days later they called my cell phone but didn't leave a message.

I called them back and spoke with "Ann" who didn't understand a word of the English I was saying. While she put me on hold to research it, I got another call on my cell phone with an automated message telling me I should receive a check for $227.73. I tried to tell "Ann", but she didn't understand what I was saying. She just kept telling me that I didn't have any early termination fees on my account.

So I got the check and deposited it on April 29. On May 5, they sent out a collection letter for $227.73.

This time I was really irritated. The number to call was the finance department. The person actually spoke English! She was very nice. I briefly explained what happened, and she put me on hold for two minutes. What happened was they issued the credit but never took the charge off my account! So she had account services fix it because they could see I switched from Nextel to Sprint (why wasn't it that simple when I talked with account services?).

That night I got an automated call from Sprint that if we didn't make a payment that day, they would shut off the phone (ok, shut off my Nextel phone... go ahead and try!). So I called the finance people again, and they said it was adjusted and to disregard the message.

That was 5 days ago. Hopefully this is over now. It took from March 28 to May 12 and about 6 phone calls to get it all straightened out.

bad customer service

A year ago I let my Sprint Wireless phone contract that I had for 4 years on 3 phones expire and continued to pay monthly. I continuously received calls about renewing my contract, but was not sure if I wanted to continue with Sprint or try another company. Well about 6 months ago my wifes phone finally got to the end of its life so we stopped using it and put it in a drawer. We were not sure if we were going to keep Sprint then so we did not cancel we just kept the number. It was part of the $5.00 a month extra phone they charge you. Well at the end of Feb. we decide to change to Verizon since my wife finally received a cell phone for work from Verizon and calls between us would not be charged. During the change I only changed 2 of the 3 numbers and was told that the account would be closed with Sprint. I was under the impression that if I cancel the main number with Sprint the entire account would be closed. Well April comes around and I get a bill from Sprint for $210 dollars. I think ok that is from the previous months no problem. A month goes by and I still havent payed them and I get another bill for $310.

I finally realize something is not right and call. I politely explain the miss understanding to see if we can get things squared away. I commit to the $210 charge and say I have no problems paying this, is there anyway that we can get the last $100 taken down I will pay this today. I am told that each number is a separate contract and each one has to be cancelled or ported to another company in order to for the account to be considered closed. The number for the other phone which has no activity on it in 3 or 4 months was suspended and they just keep billing you your full amount. I say I would like to close this account today. She says that since we are in the middle of a billing cycle we cannot cancel your account until the end of the billing cycle and I will have to pay another $100 for the entire month of May. I dont know about you, but every other service provider has the ability to pro-rate your service. ( phone, cable, gas, electric ) Where in the world do you consider this to be an ethical means to doing business. I am a father of an autistic child and do my best to manage every cent that I can, so you can see the frustration I have with this sort of greed that just infests the business community of this country. It is quite obvious that this company as do many plays the game and just feeds of the ignorance of

Innocent people for a profit. I will never as long as I live recommend or receive services from Sprint. God Bless you all!

To plan evil is as wrong as doing it! Proverbs 24:8

• Da
    Daveinny Aug 17, 2009

I have been a customer of sprint for 11 years. During that time my coverage at my home has been horrible, I travel alot so I have lived with it, now this has changed and I need my broadband card and phone at home, they don't work there. Sprint want to charge me $400 to change users and refuses to look into the problem which is a tower direction problem. Its no wonder they are last in customer satisfaction and could care less about the individual user. During these bad economic times they will find themseleves going down the tubes and rightfully so. I'm going to verizon and turning off my credit card so that they will not get my $400, they have already taken way too much from me. P.S the customer service is a joke and could not resolve the simpilest thing, why even have it?

• Do
    DoubleAFarm Dec 09, 2009

I agree my husband and I had a simular experience about Sprints customer service. We also switched to Verizon. I'll see it they are any better or if they eventually get big and bad also.

cellphone service - unethical

Think about it. If I took the time to search and file a complaint - there has to be a problem I have other things I could be doing. My experience with Sprint Customer Service has been a complete nightmare. The sales agents evidently get a commission on contract retention and will tell you anything to get your to extend and or upgrade your service. Folks do not believe a thing these people tell you. They will promise you the moon over the phone just to get you to agree to a contract extension. When comes time for them to deliver, you will not get what they promised you. Get in writing folks. I actually believe their customer service people or trained to be unethical in their practices in order to get profits. These people are scary. They actually added 10 months to my contract because I added picture mail to my contract.

Pure crooks! Their customer service people will just hang up on you if you have a problem that needs to be resolved on your billing or whatever. Something is seriously wrong with this company from the top down!

Andrew Collins Aug 02, 2008

I am done of this! I cant take it anymore!... "Thank you for calling Sprint, my name is Andrew Collins (not a real name because I dont need to reveal my personal info), what can I do for you today?".
    This is my everyday greeting when I login on the line to speak with a lot of customers for further assistance.
    I will start by telling that I am located in Argentina and you may ask: how do somebody from Argentina assist me when I call? That's because of your currency. If you come to Argentina with all your money everything is more affordable for you. That is what a company like Sprint (like Cellfish, like many others) do. They hire different local companies (call centers) all over the world because the labour is cheaper for them as they provide us the opportunity to work (but they don't care about that, what they need is to pay the less than possible).
    Now on the line we have to face a lot of different and hard situations. It is really stressful to be in a call center. Believe me people, I completly understand your frustration when you reach the wrong department or when things are not expected to be as you wanted. But you don't have any idea on the other hand what do we have to stand from some customers. It's completly unbearable. Some of you are more than annoying. I was reading a lot of negative opinions about our work and I won't protect Sprint because it's bulls*** really, but I would like you to know what do we have to suffer everyday from some of you.
    First of all I can't understand why you guys insist on calling and calling and calling or e-mailing when you know that over the phone or e-mail you won't get any answer. If I were one of you I will go directly to the store or somewhere to speak with a representative face to face. That is what I did yesterday when I knew that something was wrong with my cellphone's personal information, for example (even though I spent a total of 2 hours to go and come home again). You do everything over the phone and if someone advice you to go personally to the store you inmediatly get upset because is soooooo far (1 hour from the place you are located or even less!!). When I go to work everyday to hear you and speak to you I spend 1 hour to go to work and a little less than an hour to come back home... Of course some of you don't have any idea about responsability and how to be an active person. If you want something to happen you must go for it! not to cover yourself behind a stupid phone. My God!! You can't be so LAAAZYYY!!!
    As you do everything over the phone as well you buy over the phone too. You order phones like if they were pizzas, guys!! and then if you don't like it you can return it just like that, and then you are refund for that!!!... Unvelibeable! I don't understand how can you be so spoiled by this company!, not just for that, don't forget all the special discounts you have to get the most expensive phones. You all would die if you travel to Argentina. Here when I decided to buy a phone, like I did with the last I bought last week, or the one that I had 2 years ago, I spent a month before I purchase them to think wich was the one that I really like and the full price, to be sure how much will I have to pay. Anyway we don't have all those benefits that you have, so for us even the most incomplete phone is expensive. And guess what, if we don't like it we can change it within the first 30 days but we cannot return it expecting to be refund, that's unacceptable, once you get a product you must keep it or change it. Once you paid you won't see your money back ever again, and I think that is the way it must be actually, because you can valorate what you got. But different cultures, different lives...
    Despite on the fact that you are able to get phones (sometimes even for free! how can that be possible!?!) you are extremly stingy. You want everything for free, you don't want to pay for anything, and the world is not like that guys! Open your eyes! If you want something then you MUST pay for that! That is what we call effort! How is it called for you?
    I admit: Sprint customer service sucks! I repeat, I am not writing this on behalf of Sprint but is not our fault there are like 80 (yes! I am not being sarcastic with the amount) different departments for every special issue. Is not our fault when we tell you that we are not able to work on the order because it was placed in another department. Is not our fault that another agent transferred you to the wrong one and is not our fault that you have choosen the wrong phone, you must have thought about it before purchasing it. If you figth over the phone with an agent you are going to the wrong way. There is no need to get upset with one of us about our questions, work, or humiliate us because of our nationality or english level. That way you are stimulating the agent to do everything possible to finish the call and not to hear you ever again or help you. Be more intelligent if you decide to speak to a representative.
    I hope you can understand a little bit more our reality (although I have more to say, but I don't want this to be so long), because we must understand yours everyday.
    "Thank you so much for calling Sprint and have a nice day!"...

sprint as a company are crooks!!! stay away from them!!

I was with sprint for just under two years. during that time it was hell. repeadtly month after month my bill...

double billing after account closed

I closed me sprint landline account in late Dec. because I was moving. Over two months later, I get a bill...

misleading pricing & terrible customer service!

My husband and I have been Sprint customers for years. When the other major service providers announced unlimited plans, we were tempted, but decided to wait to see what Sprint would offer. On February 29th, I checked the Sprint website and found the “Simply Everything” plan was available. The pricing for the plan was listed as $99.99/mo, $5 for a 2nd line & $15 for a 3rd line (I printed a screen shot of this). I called customer service to inquire about the plan.

I explained that I wanted to have three lines on the plan and I wanted to make sure I understood the pricing correctly. I specifically asked if the total cost for 3 lines would be $199.99 (excluding taxes etc) and was told that was correct. I signed up for the plan, extending my contract for 2 years. The rep told me for being a loyal customer I would receive a 1-time credit of $70 and 10%/mo discount on my bill for 2 years. The rep attempted to update my account, however, they were having some system problems and she couldn’t make the change at that time. She said that she would be able to do so in about an hour and she would call me back.

Sure enough, an hour or so later I received a call from her - she said the plan had been applied to my phone, however, we would need to purchase a new phone for my husband before she could apply the new plan to his phone. She said if we could purchase the phone over the weekend, she would call me back on Monday, March 3rd to complete the plan update. As far as the 3rd line, she explained we would simply need to go into a Sprint store to transfer the liability of that phone to my accounts and the process would be complete. The new plan was to go into effect at the next billing cycle on March 7th.

On Sunday March 2nd, I purchased a new phone for my husband so we would be ready to update his phone the following day. However, Monday March 3rd came and went and I didn’t receive the call. I tried reaching the rep directly by calling the number she had called from, but was informed that I could not be connected since I did not know her last name.

I called the general Sprint customer service number again, however, this time my call was put through to a different call center. I explained that I had signed up for the new plan and that I was trying to complete the update for my husband’s phone. They said they could not help me (something about not having access to special offers). I found this confusing, but chalked it up to possibly a heavy response to the new plan.

So, I hoped for the best and waited for March 7th when the new plan would go into effect.

On March 7th, I accessed my plan on-line and discovered the description of plan pricing had changed. The pricing was listed as $99.99 for 1 line, $94.99 for 2nd line & $84.99 for 3rd line, totaling $297.97.

I immediately called customer service, explained the situation to the representative and asked that they honor the price I was given when I signed up. I was told that I had been misinformed about the plan pricing… they were sorry, but the price was the price and there was nothing they could do.

I pressed the issue and was transferred to the customer service supervisor. She also told me there was nothing she could do and suggested that I go to the Sprint website and send and e-mail to customer service (which I did) or, if I wanted to speak with her manager I could call back later. However, she warned me that there was no there was not guarantee that my call would be routed to the same call center.

I was astonished! This was the suggestion from a CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR. You dealing with a customer that’s already upset and you tell them to try to call back and hope you get through to the same call center? Where on earth did she receive her training and how on did she become a supervisor?

I replied that since there was no guarantee my call would go through to the same call center, that I would like her manager return my call. To me, this is something the CSS should have suggested - certainly not the customer.

I never did receive a call back from the Customer Service Manager.

The original description of the plan pricing was not only misleading to customers, it was not clearly defined to the customer service representatives when the plan was rolled out. This was evident by the fact that a week later, the description was changed to clarify the pricing.

Sprint was the last major provider to roll out an unlimited plan. How could they have been so poorly prepared? In the highly competitive market of mobile providers, this appeared to be a “bait & switch” tactic. On March 8th I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau which they forwarded to Sprint for their response. The BBB was advised by Sprint that it would take some time to research and respond to the complaint due to the volume of business. I also sent e-mails to executives at Sprint. They have not replied. The messages are probably trapped in a spam folder somewhere.

I did receive a response to the e-mail I sent to customer service – which was, there was nothing they could do about the plan price, but for being such a loyal customer, they would make the 10% discount per month for life. At this point, I was not too certain what the life span of my business with Sprint would be. I did not feel the offer was equitable. I declined and said I would have to let the complaint filled with the Better Business Bureau run its course.

On March 25th, I saw the new commercial for Sprint, featuring Daniel Hesse, CEO of Sprint, asking “If you could change the way wireless companies did things, what would you do?” A few things immediately came to mind. What came next caught my attention - an e-mail address appears on a black screen: [protected]@sprint.com. They wanted customer’s feedback!

I took the opportunity to send Dan another e-mail explaining the situation and requesting they honor what I, in good faith, signed up for - the Simply Everything plan with 3 lines for $119.99/month, a one-time credit of $70 & a 10% discount per month for 2 years.

Of course, I didn’t expect to hear back from Dan personally. If fact, I received a call from a Sprint representative. He told me he would check into matter and would call me back. He also gave me his direct line so that I could contact him. I was encouraged!

On March 28th I called him to see if there was a resolution - got his voice-mail; on Monday, March 31st, I called to see if there was a resolution - again got his voice-mail; on Tuesday, April 1st I called to see if there was a resolution - once again got his voice-mail.

That afternoon he returned my call. He said he spoke with his manager and, you guessed it, they were sorry, but there was nothing they could do. I told him I understood that he and his manager may not have the authority to resolve this, but that someone certainly did. He asked if I wanted his manager to take it to the next level – of course I said yes. I’m not certain what answer they expected? Did they think I would say “no, never mind”? He told me it might take a while before someone got back to me, but that he would make a note to follow up.

Yesterday I received a call from a Sprint rep regarding the BBB complaint. She told me there was nothing they could do. The only option she gave me was to switch back to my previous plan and she would deduct last months charge for my husbands line.

While the plan features are terrific, I've lost confidence and respect for Sprint.

• Fr
    Fred Doe May 11, 2008

I can't say I'm surprised about Sprint customer service. My expectation is that any change I need done, will take 2 or 3 calls and the execution of the change will be flawed.
    How is this for an idea?... When a customer requests a new service, or an upgrade to an existing service, the mobile provider should be able to provide the price of the change INCLUDING TAXES AND FEES. If there are one-time fees it should be explained and the recurring monthly cost should be provided in plain, simple to understand, English. Provide it in writing, and then Sprint should be accountable. The pricing commitments made on the phone are untraceable and impossible to prove who said what. I get the feeling that Sprint make a significant amount of money from the gray area in their explanation of the bills. Seems that no one can tell you what the monthly cost will be. Why not?

They need better disclosure and much, much better customer service.

sprint pcs erased all my contacts out of my phone

I took my phone into Sprint PCS to have them look at it for the 2nd time for quick draining battery... I come...

overcharge, harassment, false promises!

Well, I'm one of the few persons who could make my life without a cellular phone. I think that one of those are like a collar around my neck. Anyway, 6 years ago I enlisted in the Army and obviously my NCO insisted that I 'needed' a cell phone, so he could know where I was at any particular time. So, probably like everyone else I headed for the closest mall, in this case Newport News, VA. At this time I fell in the spiderweb of Radio Shack and that's where my nightmare with Sprint started. Except for the non-signal inside my barracks room, whenever my NCO or someone else from back home used to call me I had to get out and almost cross the street to get a signal bar, everything was fine.

Well, I got orders to go to Europe. And according to their contract I was able to void the contract with a copy of my orders, yeah right! Well, they told me there was no problem, so I left. During my 3 1/2 years in Germany, my day back in L.A. told me he was constantly harassed by the Sprint people who wanted to charge. And then, collection people started to being more rude. Eventually, my dad had to buy a answering machine with I.D. caller.

Last January I came back from my european tour and my friend takes me to seek for a cell. He tells me Sprint has a deal 20% discount for United Airlines employees. So here I go again. They could not give me the phone that I wanted because I had a outstanding payment for $102. I do not know what I was thinking, but I paid hoping later I was going to be able to fix this problem. I had to wait like a week in order to get the phone that I wanted, so they give me a temporal until the following week.

Next week came and I went back to get my phone. So I spent $160 on the new phone with a $40 rebate which as today I'm still waiting for. So I don't know what mumbo-jumbo they did on the computer. After an hour I left with my new cell thinking that was it. But wait! Since I was back in the states I checked my credit report. Well I have a negative item from Sprint PCS that according to the creditor's was: legally paid in full for less than full balance. So I just realized that I have paid in full for something that I did not know and was paid already. Now I inquire about this with their customer service but my old cell# is being used by someone else and they do not have anything on the old account number. So my payment went to who knows...

Anyway, one month later I received 2 first time bills, they are different in size but both of them are Sprint, obviously with two different accounts and amounts due. So I went back to the same store I bought my cell and they told me I had to pay only the one with lesser amount. I said fine and paid that one. Two weeks later I received a notice for the difference between the bills, so what the heck? I went back to the store and they guy says that the bill that I paid belongs to the cell I have which is a Nextel and the difference they are charging me know belongs to the temporal one which is a Sprint... So, I thought all the freaking phones were Sprint. (You might be asking yourselves why I didn't call customer service instead, well, when I called someone from south of the border answered and really try to fix the problem, but they were unable to understand my problem; and I was speaking in spanish to them too...).

Now I received my second bill without my United Airlines employee discount because my phone is not 'Sprint' but Nextel. I'm still waiting for my $40 rebate and waiting for another surprise in my next bill.
I'm really surprise of all the changes happened in this time that I was out of the country. Companies buying, merging, etc. with another ones. This sh*&% does not happened in Europe. The companies like T-mobile, O2, Vodaphone, etc are more professional than the Americans, sorry! Now I'm stuck with Sprint again for the next 2 years. I definitely won't recommend this company.

jason Aug 06, 2008

call customer care and use your ssn to get access to your old account. it may be in the old billing system. your work discount has to be verified by your employer and takes up to two to three bills to become active.

unauthorized billing!

My finance and I have been with Sprint for approximately three years, and have renewed our contract a few times in the course, as we have upgraded phones. Every now and then we'll have a glitch with the company, but as of late, things have gotten progressively worse.

About four months ago, we started getting charged for Jamster ringtones we never downloaded or authorized. We were instructed by Sprint that they weren't responsible for charges from third parties, and we had to pay the 6.99 and click unsubscribe on our account page at Sprint.com. We did so. Next month, same charges. The rep this time took off the charges and walked us through the same steps. Next month, same charges. The representative again told us he couldn't take the charges off, and we had to unsubscribe. I got irate, and told him what he was going to do-- take off the charges, and make sure the d--m thing stayed off. Needless to say, it didn't work. Contacting Jamster was near impossible, but finally I got through to a guy who spoke English about as well as my friend's Boston terrier. When I threatened legal action for fraud, he spoke English real nice and took the ring tones off. Funny, huh?

I thought it was over, but then guess what? We had a UPstage phone die! My finance had replacement plan, though, and only had to pay 50 dollars to get it replaced. I think that's a rip, but it was clearly stated and he agreed to the terms. Long story short, they mailed us a new phone, but didn't properly instruct activation. We were getting messages from the Verizon network about unavailable services. Great, right? Various techs told me how I had done something wrong, and one girl ventured to tell me to remove the battery-- battery?! Anyone who has seen an UPstage knows they are built like an mp3 player-- that is, internal, irremovable battery. Real competent personnel, huh? I finally got someone who would listen instead of talk at me, and we figured out the problem-- we had been given the wrong codes to type in.

Well, this new phone would give us another kick in the pants when our bill came. It seemed they had taken off the text message package, the PCS vision package, everything that we had on that line when the phone was replaced. It doesn't make sense why they'd do that, especially as I had been assured they would NOT do that (call me paranoid, I suspected them by now). The man offered to take off the 20 something dollar charge for the packages being re-added and we would only have to pay the 29 something for the used text messages and the 60 something for internet. I politely informed him what he could do with that offer, and that the charges would all be taken off and the account set up correctly. I pride myself on being persuasive, and he fixed it. Good.

Well, the UPstage didn't seem to hold up to my finance's abuse-- works on docks with freight-- and he wanted something a bit more pocket-friendly. He saw the Musiq and fell in love, so he got that one. The girl at the kiosk (we don't apparently have Sprint stores anymore in the world, given runarounds from the past) told him it was all set up, nothing would change, and there was no need to pay any upgrade fees as it would not be classified as an upgrade. Terrific! A few days later, the phone freezes, the outside buttons stop working. He consults the Sprint store here in town, and all they can do is try another battery in it. Nothing doing. He is told to take it back where he got it. Now, when we have had faulty phones in the past, we take them back, they give us a new one, no problem. The kiosk we had used, please shoot me now, was in a mall an hour away. We get there and the girl won't switch it out unless we have the box and everything, even though they have never asked for that before. New policy, apparently, so the fiance goes all the way back the next day to get his phone.

Now, that isn't the end of it. Our bill came... and guess what was on there? Yes! TWO upgrade fees of 19.00!! Charges for text message use, as well as a text message plan-- apparently, plans don't cover use anymore? And here's to boot, the new plan my finance had apparently signed up for with another non-English person was supposed to be unlimited messaging for both lines for 20? It was listed under my phone number, even though his is primary. Weird, no? Here's the clincher-- there was also a TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR equipment fee!! Needless to say, my happy little butt was on that phone in an instant.

Sprint apparently doesn't want our business, because I talked to no less than SIX people, all of whom told me different things about the text plans, several who refused to remove the upgrade fees (one who finally did), a few who wouldn't take off the text fees (ah, another finally did), two 'supervisors' who shouldn't work for an English speaking company and then get mad at ME when I can't understand them (snotty you-know-what, hope she's fired, I was being polite), and someone who suggested that we drive back to the kiosk with our credit card statement, the bill, and the phone and argue it with them. I was foaming at the mouth by this time, and came pretty close to smoking again and ruining my seven months nicotine free. The head honcho woman I finally got to said all she could do was remove the text messaging fee, the two charges for upgrades (which we shouldn't have had, and if we should have, there was only one fricken phone line with a new cell!), and open a case about the 200 bucks.

Funny thing is, the phone was 299.00 plus tax, I believe, which made it around 314 or so, give or take for my bad math. We paid with Capital One, the payment cleared. Where did an even 200 come from? Nobody seems to know. I thought maybe it was the battery, but my finance popped that theory-- the girl at the store who tried a new battery never gave it to him to keep, never took his name or phone number, and never saw any identification. In other words, she couldn't have put it on a bill. As it stands, Sprint said they would look into it and contact US when they figured out what happened. All I have to say is, if they try to charge us late fees for nonpayment of SUSPENDED charges, I'm going to blow.

• Va
    Vance Decker Apr 26, 2008

I didn't read your whole post, but I don't really need the details. You are most likely completely in the right, as this has happened to me as well. In answer to your overall question of how this can happen to thousands, over and over, and is still happening to this day...?

Well, next time you hear Republicans talking about how campaign finance reform is against free speech, maybe this time, you will realize that free speech is for people not corporations. The cell phone industry is one of the, if not the largest owners/contributors to politicians.

Your specific issue will never be resolved. If you want to solve the industry-wide problem so that this type of crap doesn't keep happening then stop electing politicians based on irrelevant issues. (you can't see the relationship between limiting corporate lobbyists and contributions and your issue, well I can't help you with that...)

sprint has ruined my credit rating

After applying for a loan this week, I find that Sprint shows me with an outstanding bill of approx. $294. For 23 months, I have been charged an access fee on a phone that was cancelled as of Feb. 06. I reported the phone stolen and to cancel it when the contract was up. Unfortunately, someone at sprint decided that the phone was only missing and they did not cancel my account. Not only that, they have (apparently) been sending the statements to someone else. I have had no opportunity to make this situation right. Their excuse was that they could not get ahold of me, yet I have the copy of what should have been my last bill dated 3/01/06. After 3 hours on the phone, I finally reached the "top" person (according to her) and she was not helpful to me at all.

I can pay the money, however, that does nothing for my credit rating. My only recourse is that Sprint acknowledge that it was their error and remove the charges. That way I can contact the credit bureau and correct my information.

I need help with this situation.

Debra A. Caterina
[protected]

jason Aug 06, 2008

when a phone is suspended for being lost it still must fulfill it's contractual obligations and in order to be cancelled the line must be active at the time the cancellation.

• Xt
    xTopher Jan 07, 2010

You are obligated to pay the amount due. Your argument is like saying if your car is stolen you don't still owe the bank for the car note.

mistake was made by order support department

I am a Sprint customer in Iowa. On Dec 31, I ordered an upgrade phone for my son who lives in New York City.

First, because my son has a New York number, I was not allowed to buy or order the phone at my local Sprint Store. I can't imagine any other company restricting the choices for their customers.

Second, the order support department gave UPS incorrect information, despite the fact that I have since verified that they had the correct shipping information.

Third, Sprint in its contract with UPS does not allow anyone, even Sprint, to correct the information. Now the phone is sitting in Long Island and UPS can't violate the contract even though correcting the information would be trivial. My son has no access to a car and it would take him most of one day to pick it up. UPS will ship it back to Sprint on Jan 17th.

Fourth, now Sprint informs me that I cannot change the shipping information to have it sent to me until they receive the package back, and I have to hope that they don't send it out again with the wrong information until I call and correct it.

In other words, Sprint business practices pass the burden of their mistakes onto the customer. Apparently, they do not keep a record of previous calls, as I have had to explain the situation numerous times. I have spent several hours on the phone talking to a different person each time trying to fix the problem, and apparently will have to spend several more.

They also shift the burden of complaints onto their workers who have consistently been very nice but who have no control over how the system works. As has been mentioned by others, there was no way for me to contact Sprint headquarters through their website.

These business practices are completely unacceptable! I intend to change companies ASAP and to have both my sons and as many people as possible do the same.

Andrew Collins Aug 02, 2008

I admit: print customer service sucks! I repeat, I am not writing this on behalf of Sprint but is not our fault there are like 80 (yes! I am not being sarcastic with the amount) different departments for every special issue. Is not our fault when we tell you that we are not able to work on the order because it was placed in another department. Is not our fault that another agent transferred you to the wrong one and is not our fault that you have choosen the wrong phone, you must have thought about it before purchasing it. If you figth over the phone with an agent you are going to the wrong way. There is no need to get upset with one of us about our questions, work, or humiliate us because of our nationality or english level. That way you are stimulating the agent to do everything possible to finish the call and not to hear you ever again or help you. Be more intelligent if you decide to speak to a representative.
    "Thank you so much for calling Sprint and have a nice day!"...

• 20
    20xd6 Aug 27, 2010

I know this reply is extremely late, but I only just found out how bad Sprint support services are and felt a need to rebut some of the things stated here.

No, its not hard working in a call center "Andrew". If you are properly trained its actually quite easy. People call in upset and you try to assist them anyway, and if they know you're sincere about it (ie 1 tactic I use for my company is to inform them that I am also a customer, not just a tech) the anger tends to fade away. If you continue on that line, while working with the person and let them KNOW you're going to do everything that you can to help them, they start to appreciate it. If you do that, and then actually DO try to help them every way you can, they will respect what you're doing, who you are, and appreciate your abilities as well as understanding your limits.
    Another point of contact is the ability to move people to the correct department. My company has a "saves" department, which is basically for irate customers who are threatening to (or just so upset that they might very soon) to cancel service. They put that department in place so they can air grievances against us to US.
    Last but not least (as well first and foremost) is training. I know the systems I work on, I know what they can do, and what I am allowed to do on those systems. I also know what other people can do on those systems. Who can cancel an order, who should I contact if there is a billing conflict, what should I do when the customer needs replacement equipment, who to go to when there is an error to remove that error and get it done right. This has been spelled out by my company in meticulous detail when they outlined my scope of support and trained me for their systems.

Don't get me wrong, I have a script too, but I know what to do when a situation arises that is not on that piece of paper. I do not just sit quietly as the customer complains that what I told them is not acceptable (whatever their tone) and then repeat the same thing like a parrot over and over again.

You have to suffer every day because, from my experience with the company so far, you have no real complaints department. You are not trained on your systems well enough to correct or remove errors from your system (and neither are your "supervisors") to the point where you just can't do your job effectively. And you don't understand your job Andrew, a fact made painfully obvious in your counter-arguments.

I'll highlight a few of your points as proof.
    You see Andrew, a lot of us are working while those Sprint stores are open, or commuting to work like you describe, and we don't have enough time to drive over to them. We don't want to wait until our day off to address it. Maybe we live in the country and the closest store is a considerable distance away. Maybe we tried that route and was told by a store rep that they only sell phones and accessories, please use the customer support lines that Sprint created for just these situations.
    As for free phones, minimum service contracts for the more popular smartphones are $1000 a year. Sprint is giving them away because the company knows they are going to get it back-and then some-with the service plan.
    And for what we use our phones for? If it can do a thing, and we bought it to do that thing, why shouldn't we, the consumer, expect that thing to work? Sometimes people do ask too much. You don't call a plumber to fix your electricals. But if the plumber does get that call, its nice of them if they can say "Its your wiring, not your pump. Call an electrician; I know a few. Let me get you a number".
    Also, this country has laws against false advertisement and selling equipment that doesn't work. There are also rules against asking people for money for a warranty and then not honoring that warranty. If Sprint covers against theft and loss--and the customer loses his phone--then Sprint is supposed to replace it as good or better.

Respect is earned Andrew (and this goes for your coworkers in Argentina). Its earned by doing your job well, and knowing what to do when it needs to be done. Compassion for the customer is important, commitment to solve their issue without dropping the "I'm sorry I can't do that" canned response followed by, "No one can actually do that" after you've wasted another hour of our time trying not to admit you just don't know which of those 80 departments our problem should go to. Most important of all, correcting the error. its why we called in. We have a problem. If the problem exists because of something the company did, the company should fix it. You are an acting representative of the company. FIXIT. Or get us in touch with someone who can or at the very least explain to us in unambiguous terms--without lying and blaming another company; some of us lazy people might just call that other company to ask them whats going on--why Sprint can't.

That's what "we" call responsibility over here.

The problem with your rebuttal is that you are asking for respect from people whom you have not earned it from Andrew. Just like everyone else, you're blaming Sprint. Even the employees are blaming the company. But to be honest, you guys over in Argentina have an easier job than I do; and I'm a remote tech too. All you have to do (or at least all I've seen) is sit at a desk, read off a script, and wait for the people on the other side to hang up.

I actually have to work with them. I have to walk them through things. I have to converse, listen to what they say, and reply to their concerns, needs, and inquiries.

Thats a lot more than anyone in Argentina has done for me.

poor customer service!

Sprint treats their customers like dogs! I have been waiting 3 months for a refund in the mail. They took money out of my college checking account with out permission and put me in the "red" about $600. I can never talk to the same person at sprint, half of their customer care reps don't even speak English and they say the issue will be resolved in three to seven days (now its been 3 months). Sprint is a prime example of terrible customer service and lack of organization. Do not sign any contracts with this company. Where has the customer service gone these days!

• Ir
    IRENE VEGA Jul 05, 2008

Sprint has the worst customer service i have ever seen. I've been with them for 4 years and am late with one payment by 2days n they turn my phone off. I have grade A credit n if I wanted to could have 10lines if I wished and do you think when I called I got an "I'm Sorry" no instead the lady tells me to pay my bills on time. How do you talk to a customer like that? My contract ends in may but I payed the fee just to get out because it's not about money it's about having some respect for your customers. I'm now with tmoble and am so much happier. And everyone I know with sprint I tell the story and I let them know to switch over too. My whole family has already done the switch. All for a phone bill being late 2days and no respect when called being aked about it they've lost 4 customers already. See how important word of mouth is. Not to mention they over charge you and their phones suck.

stealing money from my bank account!

After being told my disconnect fees would be waved, they still took the money from my bank account. After much deliberation with customer service (being transferred many times and on hold for hours) I finally got someone to send a check. Then, a week later my account showed another withdrawal for that amount. That is the final chapter in the worst phone service I've ever experienced. Whenever you call customer service you will be put on hold for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour before you talk to someone and will have to be transferred 3 or 4 times before someone is actually authorized to properly assist (being on hold the same 45 minutes to an hour for each transfer).

How is it legal for a company to steal money from someone's account? If I actually owed them the money - fine - I accept paying what I owe. Why anyone would do business with this company is beyond me. In my experience, they rip you off then steal from you.

jason Aug 06, 2008

maybe stopping the direct payments would have helped you.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices