Having problems with Sprint?

Sprint reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 16, 2006. The latest review Refund not received was posted on Mar 23, 2021. The latest complaint complaints on worst training and placement was resolved on Sep 17, 2014. Sprint has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 602 reviews. Sprint has resolved 114 complaints.

Sprint Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 211 4727 (Customer Service)
+1 866 866 7509 (Purchases)
PO Box 4191
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

Sprint Complaints & Reviews

Sprint - Free Cell PhonesI have been scammed!

Sprint - www.sprint.com

I received two phones through the Sprint website that were supposed to be free. I returned one because we were not satisfied with it and got a different one that also said free. A couple days later my service was turned off because I "exceeded my spending limit" when I checked my bill I found out I had been charged for all three phones and one of the reps there set my account up incorrectly so my bill was over $1000! (It is usually about $120) I called in way too many times to count and I experienced some of the worst treatment I have ever received from anyone! This issue is still not resolved I had to get another phone because of this.

I have called in, I wrote letters/emails, I went to the store and showed them receipts and confirmation from the post office. And all I keep hearing is "I am sorry you were given incorrect information". All I want is for Sprint to honor their word and I can't seem to get anyone at that company to do that. I feel like I have been scammed!

Sprint Cell Phone National Customer Service / Sprintpcs.commost frustrating customer service experience

I'm complaining about Sprint Cell Phone National Customer Service.

On the evening of August 8th, 2007 I went online to www.sprintpcs.com because I was interested in getting a new phone, upgrading my plan and looking into a broadband card.

First I was greeted by an online chat associate. They were friendly but were unable to help me upgrade my phone since Web site was experiencing an error. She suggested I call the Sales Number.

I did so. I spent an hour on the phone with a SPRINT representative that helped set me up with a broadband card for 9.99 plus an equipment tax. Shipping and Handling was waived, and the activation fee was waved. He took my credit card info and said I would be billed for Ten Dollars and some cents. He asked me to hold one last time and I was disconnected.

I called back and a new representative answered the line. She explained to me that the order did not go through. I told her I was given a confirmation number and she said it did not show up on the screen as a completed order. We began the process over from scratch, but she was not able to offer me the same price. She said there would be a mail in rebate and that she I would be billed a total of $38. I did not understand why the price changed but at this point I was willing to pay an extra $20 to get off the phone. I had been on the phone for over 1.5 hours.

After hanging up the phone I decided to upgrade my cell phone via the Web site. I logged into my account, selected the LX160-LG. It said that I had an instant online savings of 150 so that the price of the phone would only be $30. I renewed my plan for 2-years and the shipping and activation fees were waived via the Web promotion.

So far everything was satisfactory. However on the morning of Thursday August 9th, my phone had been shut off due a charge of $307. My previous balance was $176.54 which I had sent payment in for.

I wanted to find out what the charge for $307 was for since it was not there the day before and it was not time for a new bill yet.

I dialed *2 and choose option 4. After a 45-minute wait a representative answered the phone and said she could not see what the charge was for. She said she would need to transfer me to billing. I waited on hold for 45-minutes longer without an answer and had to hang up.

I tried back one hour later. Dialed *2 than choose option 4. The representative told me that I would need to speak to someone in billing but that there was no way to transfer me. She instructed me to call [protected]. I hung up and called with my house phone. I came to same menu I came to when I dialed *2 on my cell phone. Again I chose option 4 to speak to a representative. This time I told them I would need to be transferred to billing. They told me the system was down and that I should call back in one hour.

One hour later I called back again and asked to be transferred to billing. The representative transferred my call and I waited on hold for 35-minutes before being disconnected.

I waited until 8:30 pm to call back. After speaking to a representative they told me again that I would need to be transferred to billing. I waited on hold for 25-minutes before my phone suddenly disconnected again.

I called back one more time at 9 pm and asked to be transferred to billing. Immediately someone picked up the phone. I explained that I had a mysterious charge of $304 and wanted to know what it was for. She said she would need to put me on hold to check. 10-minutes later she came back and she asked me what my name and phone number was. I explained my problem again and she said she would need to put me on hold again. She came back 10-minutes later and said she didn’t see any recent charges. I asked her why than my phone has been shut off and online and when I call in it says I owe $482? She said she would need to put me on hold again to check.

20-minutes later she picked up the line again and said my phone had been shut off because I had overdue balance of $174. I told her I understand that but wanted to know why a charge of $304 is showing online as “recent charges”. She said she would put me back on hold and go check.

At 9:50 pm she returned and said she did not know what the charges were for. I asked if I could please speak to a manager. I told her it was nothing personal I had just been dealing with since the morning. She said a manager would tell me the same thing she’s telling me. She said I could pay $174 to turn the phone back on and I could wait until my new bill arrived to determine what the $307 charges were for. It took another 15-minutes to process my credit card payment. I was put on hold between each question. Credit card number, address, city, zip code, expiration, billing address, number again, zip code again.

It is now 10:15 pm and I have yet to speak to anyone that can answer me why there is a recent charge of $304 and why my phone has exceeded it’s $450 limit.

This is the most frustrating customer service experience I have ever had to deal with in my entire life. It seems impossible to get a hold of any human being that is even willing to try and help. The common practice I’ve noticed all day is to put someone on hold and then hang up on them. I have spent a full day trying to resolve this issue without any success.

I believe that the $307 charge was an accident on behalf of one of the representatives trying to take my order on the night of August 7th.

The phone system and your support staff is completely incompetent. It is absolutely ridiculous how so many people can be unwilling or unable to help a customer.

Sprintdropped calls problem

I have been having trouble with dropped call constantly with Sprint and when i report them to their tech support they always say my phone needs an update. I said my phone needs updated twice in one week? They don't seem to have an answer. They tell me to take the battery out count to ten put the battery back in. It still drops calls. They tell me to switch it to roaming... I said " i'm not paying roaming charges" they say no you have free roaming. Yeah i bet i do... another way for them to rob me. Anyhow, as i've told them and told them, i am dropping about 80% of the calls i make. That's ridiculous! So i call tech support after another dropped call Aug.1 at 10:30PM i am on hold for over 20 minutes.

I tell the tech about all my dropped calls and that my service is terrible i'm sick of it i want my service terminated. She put me on hold and she either hung up on me or again sprint drops another call her name was Sanya, so, i call again now I'm talking to Shaun he's listening to my complaint next thing i know silence. another dropped call? so, i call again this time i talk to someone in accounting who's name i did not get. Surprise that call drops too... I call again this time i talk to Nathan he also very friendly tells me i need to speak to accounting he transfers me to another line... i wait another 25 minutes. Then Katy comes on the line she is very nice but not as good as a liar as the others. She tells me that accounting is closed i need to call back tomorrow. I said really what time is accounting in she stumbles a bit and then says from 7am to 10:30 PM so i said oh when i talked to the guy in accounting at 11pm he was just working overtime... um umm ummmm... yeah maybe he was working overtime... i said i think you guys just don't want to deal with me. She says let me see if anyone is in accounting... On the phone comes Bryan... from accounting... hmmm i guess he's pullin' a late night huh? i tell him my plight he tells me he will terminate my service. I said i am not paying the $300.00 early termination fee either as i gave them every opportunity to fix my service i pay my bill on time every month and this is how they treat me? Then i sent an e-mail just to make sure they know about the termination and me not paying the termination fee. Attached is the e-mail i sent them and their reply to me and then my reply back again of which i haven't gotten a response yet.

Norberto De Castro Oct 24, 2012

I am in a similar situation, been having drop calls all day ! I have 4 lines with them and for several months now it's been a nightmare! spoke to loyalty department and all they can offer me is 15 dollars credit, I said are you kidding Me? I told them I use my phone for work, and my wife for her Real Estate business throughout the day and that's all they can do for us. Same excuse regarding their towers, and they have no set date on when they will be done. So I told them i'd rather cancel my service, she replied that if iI cancel I will have to pay over a thousand dollars for cancellation fee for all 4 lines, I told her that why should I pay for something they cant fix and it's been going on for months now, I've been paying them always on time since 2003, and this how they treat their customers, I'm done with Sprint and will spread the word, not that they don't know already how horrible Sprint service is, bottom line is I'm not asking any favors from Sprint, all I want is be fair !!!

• Da
          Dave Feb 21, 2009

I fixed my sprint dropped calls I had to get a land line.
          When I bought the phone I looked @ sprints service map and it said "good to excellent" in the orchard..yeah I live next to one & that should of told me something... like you're a bunch of %$^@ I even went to that area in the orchard that denotes good to excellent service uhhh 1 bar 2 @ the most! my bars look something like an equalizer up down service no service tried switching to no roaming/roaming it doesn't help!
          When I called sprint customer unservice I asked where is the nearest tower..they have No idea.What about the dropped calls? i ask. they woman on the other end said "yeah they've had some complaints in this area.Well Do Something About it!Yeah I've been told to pull the battery out upgrade my firmware it doesn't work..just like sprint.
          My business depends on doing service for other people but I cant depend on sprint to get the job done.My customers need to get in touch w/ me not a dropped call @ my house, if they do they go somewhere else...just like I have too...verizon here I come
          I'll pay the early termination fee to get better service.
          As for getting your phone fixed good luck, I went out of town & my screens went out the morning of my flight, I figured I'd get a new phone when I got to where I was going. The service dept.109 S New Road Waco Texas told me "yup its broken" (as it was in a box all apart)can ya wait until you get home to have it fixed?If the "manager" there would of spent more time helping customers instead of surfing the net, something Might get done.Thanks you bunch of idiots, That kind of service is what is driving Sprint down.
          Why should I be loyal to a company that really doesn't care about the business they are in?
          Would we pay for something that kinda works or something That Does work when we need it(hope you don't need emergency services like 911)
          oops dropped call
          Sprint has no one to blame but itself & greed

• Ca
          carlos Dec 04, 2008

She probably stumbed with the hours of accounting because she more than likely was in a different time zone. Call centres are located all over the world, so she might have been trying to make out when it would be closed for you. When you questioned her about talking to the guy at 11pm, she probably became unsettled because she thought you might be thinking she's a liar now, or annoyed with her, whichever the case may be. Then she checks for you and realized she didn't get the time correct and switches you to the accounts rep.

Sometimes drops call occur because, even though companies offer an extended area of coverage, it's impossible to cover everywhere. Unfortunately this makes some companies look worse than others in certain locations. There are also other factors such as the high buildings of NewYork and tall trees in rural areas which can block of signals depending on where the tower is located (this is why some companies work in areas that others don't). If you were on the phone that had the excessive call dropping that's probably why it seemed like everyone hung up on you. You can terminate your service without fee in a situation like this by confirming it with the phone company and switching companies.

Sprintillegal automatic additional agreement

I am hoping someone could help me. I will try to make my situation as short as possible and maybe you could help me or point me in the right direction. I was a sprint customer for over 6 years. My contract ended 9/06. I did not renew. I did call in Dec 06 regarding my bill and to discuss my phone not working well after a 2-year period.

I changed service May 07. I shortly received a bill from Sprint for early cancellation; $200 per phone (I have 3 phone lines). I attempted to contact Sprint several times and was either disconnected, told the system was down for maintenance, or just could not get through because I did not have an account number.

I called a local store and was transferred to a talking person at Sprint. This manager told me that when I talked with them in Dec 06 and inquired about my phone that that conversation was an agreement to contract for additional 2-years. And that they sent a mailer regarding a 10% savings and because I did not respond to the mailer, that it was silent agreement that I contract with them for additional 2-years.

I am wondering if there is a class action suit and would like information on joining. I did not sign an agreement nor did I give verbal agreement for additional 2-years. When I originally signed on with Sprint, it was for a 2-year period. I was never explained about this "automatic" additional 2-year agreement.

Advise smb what to do!

• We
            WestiesMA Apr 28, 2010

I am in the same boat - I signed a 2-year agreement with Pivot in November 2007. Pivot went away in une 2010 and the accounts were moved to Sprint. I never got a new phone or signed anything, but they extended my contract to June 2010. I found this oput when I disconnected in February 2010 and was charged a $200 ETF. I disputed it, but they basically said pay it or we ruin your credit. I paid it because I do not have the time or energy to sit on the phone with them for hours about this and see my credit ruined. They have very shady business practices - how I can be in a 2-year agreement without clicking anytbing or signing anything is beyond me. They said once I used the phone I agreed to the 2-year agreement. I will NEVER do business with them again, no matter what. I will go without a cell phone rather than give them another dime.

• Ro
            Roluc Jan 16, 2008

I AM NOW EXPERIENCING THE SAME WITH SPRINT. AFTER CHECKING WITH THE STORE I ORIGINALLY PURCHASED THE CELL PHONES, THEY ADVISED ME THAT MY CONTRACT WAS UP IN NOV 2007. I CALLED SPRINT IN DECEMBER TO CANCEL. AND THEY GAVE ME THE SAME TREATMENT, NOT TALKING TO ME AND SENDING ME TO OTHERS. THEY SAID THAT MY ACCOUNT WAS NOT IN THEIR SYSTEM AND I WOULD HAVE TO CHECK LATER. I DID SEVERAL DAYS LATER AND THEY HAD ME UNDER ANOTHER ACCOUNT NUMBER, WHICH THEY REINSTATED ON THEIR OWN. SINCE I CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT, I AM NOW GETTING THREATING LETTERS ABOUT SENDING MY ACCOUNT TO THEIR COLLECTION AGENCIES FOR EARLY TERMINATION FEE OF $465.99. I WAS NEVER LATE WITH MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS. I HAVE FILED A CONSUMER COMPLAINT WITH OUR ATTORNEY GENERAL IN PENNSYLVANIA. I AM THINKING VERY HARD ON CONTACTING AN ATTORNEY FOR BEING A VICTIM OF THEIR FRADULENT BEHAVOIR.

• Ni
            Nikki Dec 04, 2007

Hi,

I was wondering if you had your issues resolved w/Sprint... How did it turn out. That sounds very similar to what I just went through w/ them. My husband and I have been w/ them for a lil' over 4 years. Last year we added a 3rd line; We did a transfer of liability and separated our lines. All along, I've had to call Sprint every other month for "unauthorized" add-ons... Text, etc. I made a habit of checking the bill every month and constantly had to call in for credits. The reps are very rude and unprofessional! They disconnect calls purposely! They added a 3rd line to my acct... One of the reps said she could not figure out who/what/when/where it happened. I had no calls showing TO or FROM that number. Now, how do you explain that. It took from July to Now for me to get this resolved. I had to file a dispute w/the BBB. I was given someone's number while the dispute was going on to have my bill placed on hold... I called numerous times and NEVER received a call back. It took over a month for me to finally speak to someone in that department! They ended up disconnecting my service! And now they are trying not to give me my deposit back which I am entitled to. I can not believe the unprofessionalism. The dishonesty! A large company like SPRINT and they are full of BS. I will not EVER do business w/them or any of their affiliates again! They made this process long and drawn out... They are HORRIBLE!!!

Charlie Severson Sep 23, 2007

I used to work for Sprint in the actual retail store. I can't speak for their current practices, but I can tell you some things from my experience there.

1. About 5 years ago, they used to change plans without renewing contracts. They changed that policy while I worked there. At the time (again, I can't speak for now), the information regarding the contract renewal was included on all literature regarding plans, and it wasn't just in the fine print.

2. Just having a conversation with them does not mean they renew your contract. However, when changing your plan, they do have a script they are supposed to read that includes the contract renewal. If you say yes after this script, they're covered.

3. All reps are supposed to write a note in each account they access and provide a short description of why they accessed the account. Unfortunately, it's possible that some reps lie in the notes.

4. When you change a plan in the computer, it automatically extends the contract, so any rep who tells you they can waive that probably hasn't been properly trained.

I hope this helps! Good luck.

• Ga
            Gail wilde Aug 23, 2007

I am dealing with almost that same problem right now! However, I contacted Sprint several times got names and ID numbers of service reps who said they removed the INVOLUNTARY contract extension and I would NOT be charged a termination fee. I even got a email response from a rep. But guess what?? My bill came and there is the 200 termination fee!!! I wrote letters to their billing and customer service departments and am now going to send letters to as many "higher ups" I can locate!!! This is ridiculous!!!

Sprint PCSsprint is a scam!

I've read the message people wrote about sprint (i'm gonna be very polite in description) dishonest lousy business.

I am a victim my self for over as happened in 2003. Ended up with unauthorized charges for calls that i did not make. I fought the same way with them i even reported them to FCC and the attorney general. The whole point is that they do not move on a small claim small fish like I am.
          BUT! I am bringing people together for a class action lawsuit and i think we will kick their butt they will pay dearly for ripping good people off.There is a consumer law about fraudulent business practices.

My confidence is coming from the fact that i have been studying and researching on my own for the big "rain" to come down on them. And it will if we file a joint complaint amongst others whom i also will write and you will get you money back and plus damages and plus what the law allows.
          I am not an attorney nor looking for business other than take them to court and get mine and others money back.

• Ive had this service for almost a mo. Ive bn lied to all the way arond! I guess i shldve staydcw/cricket i went to Sprint to get away from discrimination. Twrds me being on dIsablity&having 1eye mind u! But still am treated the but the want 3x's my $ a mo. For service & my daughter had her kindle n the store they promisd it was all included in my plan oh no, no hotpot here olny if i want 2shell out more $ Ridiculous... she is s upset then ive tt Sprint 3x's since 1st wk of july was promised free hotspot deice& lifeline cedit i have yet 2get pprwrk or hotspot! Tt another rep on 22, was told if i wasnt contactd by 25th which they were gona disconnect me! Got it on june 28th was pomised wldnt have 2pay til 3rd dah! Thats my payay. I swear thought i did the rte thing by switching. Cricket was only 43$now y wld i do that wth was i thinking thought was helpn me&family guess not! S.P.

Sprintsprint allowed access to my account to some random person

I am writing to complain about sprints customer service and how inconsiderate the representatives are. My account was accessed by a person claiming to be my husband and sprint allowed the person to place a new phone upon my existing account without my consent, as the account holder. I am extremely angered that nobody at sprint has helped or even holding their employees liable for this error. I will be canceling one of my lines next week because I no longer want anything to do with the company or support it in any way. I have been a customer for many years and sad to say I would never recommend them to anyone.

Sprint PCSbilling problems and horrible customer service

I have been with Sprint PCS since 2003 and previously before that from [protected]. I have never had any issues other than long wait time for calling customer service up until 2 months ago. Everything has been awful. In April 2007 I added my boyfriend's phone line onto my account and took a family plan. We then each purchased a new phone. Upon purchasing the phone the sales rep. specifically asked, "is this phone for the phone line ending in 5477?" and "is this for the phone line ending in 7985?" Yes was my reply. When I switch my plan to the 550 min. family plan for $59.99 and added 300 texts messages for $5.00 per line, I was never told about anything other than all this I just mentioned. A couple of days later, when our phones came in, I called to activate them. The first call I made, I was on the phone with them for almost an hour and they were unable to activate my phone at that time, saying something about their systems refreshing or whatever terminology they use. They told me to call back in one hour. During this first call I was able to activate my boyfriend's phone (line ending in 7985). I didn't understand why mine couldn't be done. I call back a little over an hour later and during this call I find out that my phone has been programmed to another number-apparently a 3rd line that was added without my permission and without my knowledge. I told them that I was never told about this line. Also, come to find out that the $32.09 I paid isn't the only balance I owed. It wasn't free as I was told, it was only free with the 3rd line, in which I was NEVER told. So then they charged me the full $179.99 for the phone. They gave me my credit of $75 since I had my old phone for 1 yr. and another credit of $25 for the inconvenience of waiting 2 hours on the phone for them to figure out what happened. In total, I got a $100 credit. Everything was fine from that point, and my bill online showed I was in credit of $23 and some change. May's bill rolls in and I see I am being charged $566.31. WHAT!? Ok, my boyfriend and I understood that we went over on the texts and mins., but not $566.31 worth. I called to resolve this issue. I spoke to about 2 reps. I was told they pro-rated my texts, so in all reality I didn't receive 300 texts, and this was after I was asked if I wanted it to become effective immediately. No one told me they would do this. Then I had a charge of $198 and some change for the 3rd line I never used. The phone was only $179.99 and I had a $100 credit PLUS the $32.09 I already paid. I thought I paid the previous balance of $100 because I also knew I would be changing my plan. They told me I didn't and that was another reason why my bill was so high. but the credits were not applied to May's bill as they were supposed to, it was towards April's bill which was already in the middle of the billing cycle. No one did anything to resolve the issue, until I spoke to a gentleman around 5/15/2007. He told me that if I kept my balance under $180, he would waive the late fees PLUS $100. And all of this would be applied to June's bill. I changed my texts to unlimited in which he offered to me at $20 for both lines. Last week I receive my bill for June. The total due was $364.55. Are these people kidding me? I looked and I didn't go over my minutes or texts because texts are unlimited. I also didn't see my $100 credit like I was told. I called to get everything straightened out and I have spoken to 3 different reps and emailed 2-3 different reps as well. no one will help me, and they pretty much make it out to be like I am lying. But I even have this guys rep. number. I told them, "I don't have 2-3 hours of my time to sit here on hold or arguing over a phone bill." I was then told that my unlimited texting was prorated. How can you prorate something that is unlimited? I work as an assistant manager at an apartment community and we prorate a lot here. How is it possible? After that I found out that they were charging me $20 per line for unlimited texts and a few days prior, online showed $10.65 per line. When I asked about it, the $20 for all phone lines is for the 700 min. plan in which I was never told nor did it show up, like I said, a couple days prior it was $10.65 per line for unlimited texts. The whole point in getting a family plan is that when I was on the individual plan my bill ran about $65-$100 a month. Being on a family plan it would be about $50-$60 at the most per person. But in this case we have dished out almost $1000 in 2 months for reasons being unknown. The charges that they making up I presume. I am tired of blowing my money on this bill, even my rent is cheaper and I live in a luxury apartment community. This is just getting out of hand here. They are charging me out the wazoo and getting away with it. I have never paid so much money out to a cell phone company in such a little span of time. I have reported them to the FCC, FTC, and BBB. I shouldn't have to call every month to clear up a bill, they are just draining me of my money.

• St
                  steve20000 Jun 03, 2016

the same thing has happened to me twice...the first time a discontinued service on a landline and found out months later they never discontinued my service at all...and sprint ran up a big bill on me that went to collections and ruined my credit...now again...i discontinued service on a sprint usb connection for my computer and it took me 3 days and over 6 hours on the phone before i finally talked to a person that says she put my account to zero that i owe them...i asked for a clearance letter from sprint that excludes me from any further charges and she said she would get that out to me in the mail...now i get a letter saying i can make payments on the bill they say i owe???...omg...i cancelled my service feb 11 2012...the billing date they want my money for is from feb 20 untill march 19 2012...do they do this to everybody?...i was not even under contract with sprint for my computer connection and was told by sprint i could cancel my service anytime i wanted...what can an individual do?...i cant afford to be on the phone for 2 or 3 hours a day trying to make them understand my case which is actually very simple...how do they get away with this?

• Valerie Jun 03, 2016

My current account with you is billed electronically automatically.

I ended my account for phone # [protected] a long time ago. After I closed the account I received a bill from you guys saying that I still owed money, even though I closed the account. I paid that bill with you guys telling me the account was closed and there would not be any more bills. Then months later I received another bill and again I inquired how I was getting billed when the account was closed and you guys said it was before the account was closed which I inquired why would I pay my ending balance and there still be a balance after the account closed. Without it making any sense as to why I was billed I paid it off to be done with. Then a couple of months pass and again I receive a bill, this time I'm pretty sure after two times there is no way I still owe money to you for a closed account that I repeatedly paid for and was told both times there was not any more balances due. So I call the collection agency and the guy threatens me with ruining my credit report and that Sprint is a large company that I can't fight. I tell him there is no way I owe any more money so he supposably tranfers me to Sprint. The sprint lady says I do have a remaining balance and I tell her that is not possible and she comes back and says it is from a balance before the account was closed, which by the way I was automatically billed to my credit card so there is no way I could have an outstanding balance, let alone twice. Now I am getting another bill, which there is no way I am paying this one.

• Ig
                  Igor T. Dec 05, 2008

I could write a book on my nightmare customer service experience with Sprint.

I’ll give you the short version:

1) I Made the mistake of buying a Blackberry from a Sprint Telemarketer. I travel extensively, and was in need of a new phone so I was actually glad the guy called. He told me that Sprint was offering a special price with rebates galore. Hey, Sign me up! I purchased the phone using a Visa card. The phone I ordered was the wrong one so I went to the Sprint store to excange it for an upgraded
                  Blackberry World Phone. The store didn’t have one in stock, however the clerk kindly handed me their phone to order it from another department. The clerk then did an exchage using my Visa at the cash
                  register, and my new phone arrived at my home two days later. Cool.

2) Since I’m not exactly a tech-savvy phone genius, I returned to the Sprint store to get some help setting up my new Blackberry. They were marginally helpful, however they got me fixed up nonetheless.

3) I chose the Blackberry World Phone because as I said, I travel extensively. I was leaving for China in a few days and just as I do every month, I dial *3 to pay my Sprint bill. I was a bit shocked when the lovely robo-woman told me that my new balance was $1100.00! As I said, I purchased one phone, exchanged it for another, all on my Visa card. My normal phone bill is around 100.00 per month, and now I’m looking at an $110.00 phone bill! I called “customer service” immediately to get to the bottom of it.

Oh my God! I spent two days, and a total of 9 hours on the phone dealing with one idiot after another. In two days, I spoke with 29 different people. I was hung up on, mysteriously disconnected with, put on perma-hold, and treated like dirt by these evil mutants employed by Sprint. I was yelled at, called a liar, insulted in a half a dozen other ways, and still nobody could figure out why my phone bill was $1100.00.

I had only two days to go until I’m on a plane for China, and I’m going through a living hell with Sprint!

On the third day, I return to the Sprint store to try to resolve the issue. The manager of the store dialed some kind of secret magical number and handed me their phone to speak with some big chief, or the “King of Sprint”, or whatever. The guy was very pleasant, and tried to help me unravel the whole mess. Turns out, I was charged for three phones. They charged my Visa bill, and there were overlapping charges on my Sprint bill. He credited me for part of the damage, however I was told that the credit for $700.00 on my Sprint bill wouldn’t show up until my next montly statement.

At this point, I was just happy to know that I had a working telephone to take to China, and I was glad to know that the issue was more or less resolved. Had I not been on such a hectic travel schedule, I would have dropped Sprint immediately.

4) One month later: I return from China, dial *3 to pay my Sprint bill, only to hear robo-woman’s voice telling me that I’m past due for the amount of $700.00. Now, I’ve never been late with paying my Sprint bill. In fact, I usually pay early. I’ve been a loyal Sprint customer for eight years.I didn’t use my phone in China, except to answer annoying messages from Sprint which I was recieving daily.(Apparently, when you have an open dispute with them, they try to annoy you into submission by hounding you to death across the globe. You can run, but you can’t hide!)

So once again, rather than go through another two days of degradation trying to resolve anything on the phone with “customer service”, I drive to the Sprint store. During my jet-lagged attempt to get some answers from the guy in the store, I was told that this was somehow my fault because “we told you it would take a month for the credit to show up on your statement”. He also suggested that I pay the bill, even though I don’t owe them money, and wait until yet another month goes by for the billing department to straighten it out. Rather than get violent with the guy, I marched out of there and promtly called “customer service” again to see if I could find some answers.

Finally, I get someone who isn’t on drugs to speak with. The “supervisor” more or less got it straightened out.

It’s been almost three months, and I’m still waiting for that rebate.
                  Never did get that “special offer”. After the mental anguish Sprint put me through, they should give me free phones and free service for life. I would drop Sprint, however I’m in China again this month. As grueling as my travel schedule is, I don’t have time to change service right now. Whenever I can take a break, dropping Sprint is high on my
                  to-do list!

Sprintvery poor customer service, refund policy is a lie

I have been a loyal customer of sprints for 10years and so has my family. We was loyal to them because a couple of family members did work for them until they was let go due to cut backs. We continued with sprint regardless. My complaint with sprint started when i went into a sprint owned store and proceeded to wait for 20mins for a very young adult to assist me with my questions. I just bought a hp notebook laptop with a windows vista prem operating system. I was given prices as well as info on a wireless cards. I wrote all the answers down and left the store feeling very overwhelmed. I called the sprint customer service on my cell phone and spoke to a lady that was giving all kinds of conflicting information about the cards . Pricing, service... I then go back to the store with my 10 year old daughter and once again was required to wait. While i was waiting i called the sprint service on my cell and thought id have one of there reps speak to the man that i had seen and spoken to earlier to clear up who was right and who was wrong. While waiting with my daughter in hand i hear 3 sells people standing around talking about what had happened earlier with himself and one of the managers. The word *uck was coming out of his mouth because he was upset over the fact the mgr was making him work this weekend. I told my daughter lets get out of there. I couldn't take the trash talk in front of my kid so we left. Issues went unresolved. Thats only one of my issues. I the next day looked up locations of other sprint stores and found one that was located about 7miles away. I went there and walked into a completely different attitude sprint owned store. Very nice. I spoke to a sales person in regards to my thoughts and concerns about making such a expensive purchase. He cleared up everything from refunds, too exchanges, too canceling the service within 14days if i wasnt happy with the product. I make the 200 dollar purchase with cash. Take the item home and had the item activated. The signal was very poor from every location in my apartment. So i boxed the item up and took it back to the first store i had been too. It is just located 2mins from my place. I was pressed for time. I knew to some degree what i was in for by going to this sprint owned and operated store. I was told by a very very very rude black man by the name of william michaux (westport rd kansas city missouri 64111) who self proclaimed hiself as store manager. I never at any time raised my voice or did i use bad language. This person tells me that i have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for a refund. That he was only going to give me 75 dollars back and that its a take it or leave it deal. There is nothing posted in the store regarding the return policys nowhere. Other than the sales receipt that i got after i gave my money to him. I only had the item for less than 2hours. What the heck is this about. You give the money and then you are handed the rules after the purchase. I understand if it was bought by check or credit card but cash? I have never been so taken back by the attitude of someone who was this rude. First of all i was told by the sales person that at anytime during the 14days i could bring back for a full refund in cash that day. But if i waited too long the sprint company would charge me a prorated portion of the usage. Thats why i took it back so quickly. Once i left the store i called the customer care ( more like we dont give a ###). Asking to speak to a supervisor after waiting on hold for fifteen mins and then being subjected to 5mins of being asked what my telephone number was, password and name on the account. The man could barely speak english. Then was disconnected. I called back and spoke to another perosn with a very heavy accent. I give up.

• Ka
                    Kathy Rogers May 28, 2009

I just visited a Sprint store in Knoxville, Tennessee and like everyone else, I too had to wait. I was told the wait would be 10 minutes. The only guy working today (I guess all the other employees quit) never looked up at me. He continued talking to the girl in front of me, telling her all about all the places he wants to visit, blah, blah, blah. Like most people, I HAD to go to the Sprint store on my lunch hour. After 25 minutes, and now several people waiting behind me, I ask him, how much longer. Not much. He then tries unsuccessfully to multitask and asks me why I am there. I tell him I accidently ran over my phone, he tells me the phone is $229.00 and I almost faint. I'm sorry but the phone isn't worth that and begin to ask him how much would it be to cancel my account. He then focuses on the first girl again. I then ask him where another store is again, without any eye contact or any type of concern that he is being really rude, he tells me the location and informs me that if I want service, I need to call ahead for an appointment. I should have never chosen Sprint as my carrier. Visiting this location confirms to me that this company has no professionalism, they can't seem to keep any long term employees and their phones are over priced. All I want now is to get out of my contract with this company.

Ana Oct 03, 2008

Dear, Sprint Nextel Top Management,
                    Today i visit one of the sprint store that is located at
                    Baldwin Park Marketplace
                    14460 Merced Avenue, Unit 110
                    Baldwin Park, CA 91706
                    I just went to get information on my phone that I got water on. This young lady helped me at first but then started giving me attitude, i asked for another represenative and she rudly said she will but i had to wait 15 minutes. I was really upset that you guys would hire a citizen with no maners. i truly belive that she needs to be professional at her job and not give attitue to costumers. This young individuals named Desire had no right to give me the attitue just the way she did. I was speaking to her with profesionalism and i expect the same back. I hope i hear from you guys soon and i hope you guys adress the issue.

Sprintfraud and shady business

Lost my phone and called report that. Took them 30 minutes to answer and I've asked the rep. to put a hold on my account. Also told them that I will be moving to Cingular and so don't want any changes to my account. The lady sounded very helpful and I had no idea that I was getting into a fraudster's game plan. She gave me all kinds of deals to stay w / Sprint... but... I never got the new Palm Treo 755p the next day, my account was never put on hold, and the subsequent calls back to the reps. was a total loss of time on my part.

I AM GETTING OUT OF SPRINT at ALL COST.

Sprintdo not go with sprint - they are a joke!

I have recently signed a 2 year contract with sprint... It was very easy to reach sales... Once I signed up, there was no reaching anybody... I just called "customer care" and was told that my wait would be 20 minutes! I waited 2 nights ago for half an hour.

Do not go with sprint!!! They are a joke.

• Sp
                        Sprint/Nextel Nov 02, 2008

Class Action Lawsuit for Authorized Dealers Against Sprint/Nextel

I am one of the most well-known wireless leaders in Northern California providing wireless solutions for corporate accounts. The difference between my company and everyone else is my exceptional vision and leadership especially on the B2B side. Without sacrificing quality, integrity, and customer service, my abilities have gained me the knowledge and expertise to win numerous awards including top seller award for Northern California from a variety of wireless carriers. Having said that, I was approached by Nextel in 2002 to become one of their B2B Authorized Representatives as a result of my success from previous years. With my exceeding success through the B2B channel, Nextel approached me to do a joint venture on launching new retail locations in the Northern California market since there was no strong retail presence. With knowledge, experience, and expertise I put together one of the most dynamic teams of highly motivated and well qualified communication consultants. In 2003, my ex-colleague and dear friend was invited to join in this new vision. I launched eight locations in Northern California and I was invited to launch new locations in Arizona, Colorado, and Minnesota. In 2005, when the merger with Sprint occurred, the new management team: Mark Sadighian, Paul Harris, and Dennis McSweeney no longer shared the vision that Nextel had with my company. At the same time I found out that my partner was embezzling money and started a new wireless company with another carrier. When I approached Mark Sadighian with my new found news, the advise that I received was to separate our partnership and for me to start a new company under a new name. I was granted an exclusive dealer contract with Sprint/Nextel and their service center. Two months into my new company, I submitted six new retail locations that were denied to me for expansion, but at the same time were handed to someone else. Sprint/Nextel set me up for failure, after I invested hundred of thousands of dollars into the new company. Sprint/Nextel decided at that point not to support me in my visions, ideas, and ventures. As a result, I am seeking other dealers that have had a similar experience as me for a class action lawsuit. Before I posted my story online, I requested the immediate assistance from the CEO of Sprint, Daniel Hesse. He never responded to any of my emails, and at this point left me with no choice, but to put together a class action lawsuit for Authorized Dealers. I will not stop until my losses are compensated. If you are interested in contacting me with any questions, concerns, or to assist me in participating in this class action lawsuit please email me at: [email protected] or visit www.nextel.bz

• Ta
                        Taylor Dooley Aug 13, 2007

I'm still on the phone with Sprint... it's been over 2 hours... well, to be fair, there was a 33 minute call this morning... who needs coffee... rage works better. Now I have been transferred to 4 people who say that they have fixed the problem... DON'T TAKE THE FREE PHONE... that credit will foul you for the rest of your life(or at least cause the phone to get disconnected every other day for a week.

No one at sprint checks their notes... each call wastes 20 minutes on hold before you get to waste another 5 minutes verifying your account with someone who can't even help you... then it's a 5-10 minute wait for a manager... woo hoo... love that M Bolton playing... what switch it up to Kenny G...

I have 10 hours 43 minutes since I was switched to Sprint from Nextel lats Tuesday (I switched due to poor customer service with Nextel... Ironic?)

Now I'm on hold... pondering the possibility of a class action lawsuit with Sprint... any takers... let me know... It's now 4:52... been on this call for 2 hours and 12 min... today's total is now 2 hours and 45 min exactly... woo hoo again...

Now, Jay with sprint... customer retention manager... has given me a 10% discount over the next 2 years and a $10 monthly credit... thats a savings of 660 per year... who cares when you can't use the phone... and my bill is still 147.50 with the discount...

Oh but wait... I no longer have 4000 min... I I have 3000 for the same price... lets see what Jay will do to save the day..

BTW... it's now 5:26pm(pacific). 3 hours 18 min...and counting. So now Jay has assured me that there will be no more problems with the account... Tune in next time for "Hold4... the lack of productivity" Guest stars will be Sprint... combined with nextel...

A closing thought though... if all of their 50 million customers had my problem... the world would loose 575,000,000 work hours per week... thats 34.5 billion minutes per week... it's a thinker!!

Sprintfraudulent charges to my account for something I did not order!

One day about 2 months ago a ups van pulled up to my home with a delivery for me. I refused the delivery after opening the package with the ups driver and found a cell phone inside I had not ordered. The driver said this was a regular problem for him as he had been through this before on many deliveries. He reseled the box, marked it return to sender, delivery refused and went on his way. Since that day I have, every month received a bill from sprint on a phone I don't, and never have possessed or activated. Every month I mark the bill "return to sender, not a sprint customer" but to no avail. Has anyone else out there had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? Please feel free to email me as i'm tired of screwing around with this.

Joslyn Gomoll Nov 07, 2007

The exact same thing has happened to us. We were sent a "free" phone after explicitly telling a Sprint PCS salesperson we did not want their offer. Now, we have spent over 4 months trying to get this corrected as we have been billed over $60.00 a month for a phone we never ordered and have long since returned. The phone was apparently activated before it was ever delivered. We thought we had this corrected after spending over 2 hours on the phone with a supervisor from customer service. He agreed that this was a mistake and that we would be refunded the full amount we had been billed for the last 4 months. However, we just received a bill this month for a $200 cancellation fee plus surcharges and taxes on a phone we never requested from Sprint. Our attempts to resolve with Sprint's customer service was to no avail today - as usual their systems are down and cannot access our account for the next 2 weeks we were told. In the meantime, we do not have the ability to stop auto payments either due to the system downage, sow I need to work with the bank to block all auto payments submissions from Sprint from this point forward. I don't understand how Sprint is getting away with such business practice. They are virtually stealing from their customers and have absolutely no sense of customer service.

sprintpcs.comI am done dealing with sprint!

I have a complaint regarding the service my fiance received from sprint pcs. He lost his phone and we went through the procedures needed to get the replacement phone, which would take 3-5 days to receive. On the 5th day he received the phone but you could not hear him speak through it, nor could he hear you others speaking to him. He uses his phone for business, as a sales rep, so he desperately needed the use of his phone, as lost calls, means lost money.

He took phone to a sprint store and they told him it would be ready in 45 minutes, so he left it there and went about doing other things. We went back to the store about 45 minutes before closing, I stayed in the car and he went in, and it took him a half hour to come out. I asked him if it was fixed, he said no they could not fix it and that he would have the call the insurance company sprint uses to have the mail another replacement in 3-5 days. He explained this as we drove away from the store. I was furious, and called the store (6622 Clayton Road, St. Louis, MO). I tried to explain what we needed and I was upset,but I guess the girl that answered was not willing to listen to me so she put me on hold without saying why she needed to do so. I held for ten minutes and I looked at the clock and realized it was 10 minutes until closing. So I hung up the phone and asked my fiance to take us back to the store. I get to the store within 3 minutes, the doors were locked. I knocked on the door and the young lady-named Marquita, opened it and by then I was steaming, so I asked her for the manager, she smirks and asks what is wrong.

I tell her that we are upset that we have to wait another 5 days for a defective phone, why can't they try to get it shipped over night or something as we can't go that long without service. I admit I was yelling at this point because of the fact that I was put on hold, and the doors were locked before store hours. I told her that I intend to not only cancel my fiance's service, but mine as well with them. She told me and I quote, "TWO DOWN 5 MILLION TO GO!". I was furious to the point that she and the repair lady, Areisha B., were not able to handle the request we were making.

When the manager, whose name tag said Lead, Brian M., joined in on the fun, he tried to calm me down, but basically told me that sprint has nothing to do with the insurance company that is used to replaced lost or stolen phones. I of course, had to find out how is it that sprint collects the premium from it's customers to pay for the equipment replacement coverage but somehow, have nothing to do with the insurance company. Needless to say, I typical sprint fashion, no one in the store was willing to take responsibility for the nonworking phone, for which we paid our $50 deductible to even be able to get it shipped out.

I am done dealing with Sprint they need to teach their people customer service skills, they are sorely lacking them. I would love to tell Marquita after she loses her job, "1 down 100,000 to go!".

Sprint / Afnitrying to collect debt not owed

Afni
                          P.O. Box 3517
                          Bloomington IL 61702

Dear afni:

I am really and truly sick of all correspondence from Sprint/Nextel. I am appalled that I received the attached letter from you, a collection agency, when this was settled on May 30, 2006 with First Revenue Assurance, yet another collection agency, in the amount of $122.36.

Previous to that, I paid that sorry idiotic company they call Sprint, $75.00. All this was to get out of a contract that I never, and I mean NEVER had.

I was a happy customer with Nextel, their service and even their customer service. When that stupid company they call Sprint took over, everything went down the tubes. There was no sense complaining, because it would take a good 30-45 minutes to even get connected to some idiot who might listen. I had so many problems with my service, and I do work for a living, that I would’ve needed at least a week to solve the problem.

So I acquiesced to their crap, by paying off the penalty for a contract, oh did I mention I NEVER had a contract? And now, I am still again being harassed by that company they call Sprint. It’s a rip off and an embarrassment to this society and country. So why that totally inept company they call Sprint passed this so-called “debt” on to you is freaking astounding. Just another example of their ineptitude.

So here is my dispute, in writing, as you requested. I can’t believe they would waste my time and yours for a measly $15.76, of which I am not, and I mean NOT NOT NOT, going to pay. If anything, they owe me money for taking time out of my life to deal with this total crap from a crappy stupid company.

I have posted negative comments on the internet about that idiotic pathetic company. And, if I receive any more correspondence from that company they call Sprint, or from any collection agency, I will sue for many more dollars that $15.76.

You can call First Revenue Assurance at [protected], my account number is xxxxxxxx and check for yourself that it was in settlement of my supposed “contract” with that company they call Sprint. I have new service with a reputable mobile phone company that I respectfully call “T-Mobile”, where their service and customer service could teach to a lot to flunkies at that company they call Sprint.

I am going to post this letter on the internet and make sure that everyone I can reach knows what that company they call Sprint is up to. In two words “they suck.” So don’t write to me or call me because I will get a lawyer for the harassment if I need to. If there is anything negative in my credit report, someone will pay the price for it. I am proud of my credit rating and I plan to keep it that way. By the way my brother is a lawyer so it won’t cost me a dime. Do you think I’m angry enough about this petty crap?

Sincerely,
                          Ellen
                          CC: Sprint

Sprintsending jokes on my cell phone

I would like you to quit sending jokes on my cell phone. I cant afford it any longer. So i would appreciate it if Sprint would cancel it. I wish i did not sign up.

• Li
                                Linda herdle Nov 12, 2014

I been a sprint customer for four year sprint customer service stink had a problem with my bill talk to some supervisor did not get any where the long of it is I was over charge so I cancel my service some one need to investigate sprint they are the worst cell phone company that I ever had to deal with

• Sh
                                shailesh c. jikamde Nov 03, 2008

• Pg
                                P.Gibbens Oct 02, 2007

We made the mistake of changing to sprint 4 months ago and we have had problems with our bill every month! I spend an average of 2 hours a month on the phone being transferred from one person to another and re-explaining my issues each time. The kicker is.......I worked for Sprint for 16 years until my job was relocated to INDIA! Then I was laid off, but the entire time that I was employed by them and offered a cell phone at a reduced rate I wouldn't take it because I knew how their customer service was! Stupid me! I thought maybe things had changed! Obviously, not! Now I'm locked into this stupid plan for another year and 8 months! All I can say is DON"T USE SPRINT! Let's see this company bite the dust!!!

Sprint PCS — unauthorized charges out of bank account!

I discovered unauthorized charges on my bank account on October 20, 2006, all coming from Sprint Wirele...

Sprint PCS Customer Servicebottom service!

I recently changed banks. As such, I need to change my automatic payment from one checking account to another. For nearly two weeks, I have tried to make the change through the Web site, which, each time I tried, told me the "Service is currently not available. Please try again later." Well, since my next payment is due next Friday, I felt the change needed to be made ASAP. So, I called customer service yesterday. My first call was cut off. My second call was cut off. My third call resulted in my being transferred to four different people, with the final one telling me "You can only do that online." No matter how many times I tried to explain to him that I can't do it online because it didn't work, that was the only answer he gave, presumably, due to the heavy Indian accent, it was the only English he knew.

So, I went to my local Sprint store. They gave me a red phone and told me to call customer service. I resisted killing the store employees with the phone, and tried again. I got a customer service representative this time who, at least, spoke English, but was no more help. She had no idea what I was trying to do. She did open a case for me and give me a case number. At this point, I told her all I wanted to do was completely cancel automatic payment, and mail a check. I was then told that once you create automatic payment, you can never cancel it, only change it from one bank to another. What?!?!? Then Why is that also a non-functioning option on the Web site?

So I came home, e-mailed customer service detailing my problem, and received this response:

Dear Steven,

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I understand your concern regarding the automatic payment option.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. I can assure you that the difficulty you faced while contacting us was not intentional.

You have been a valued member of the Sprint family for quite some time. It has been a privilege to serve a valued customer like you. So, we will never intentionally have you face any inconvenience.

However, as you have mentioned that the specialist was rude, I do apologize for that. I am sure you will agree that exceptions are always there. I have forwarded your feedback to the concerned department.

We appreciate feedback from all our customers. If the feedback is from a valued customer like you, we certainly take action.

So, I can assure you that we will look into this matter and take the neccessary action.

Now, lets assist you in modifying the checking account information.

To do so, I request you to follow the given steps:

1. Log on to http://www.sprint.com, select My PCS Wireless in the Manage accounts drop down.
                              2. Enter your PCS Phone Number and password and click "Log In".
                              3. Click on the "Pay Now" [upper right section] under the "Payment Due" section.
                              4. Click on Modify check payment' under 'Automatic Payment'. This is reflected under 'Payment Options'.

On the next page, you would be required to enter your checking account information.

So, following these steps, you would be able to change the bank information easily.

I would also like to request you to feel free to us if you have any questions in future. We are always here for a valued customer like you.

Thank you for writing to us. It was my pleasure to serve you. Have a great day.

Ragin B.
                              Business E-Care
                              Sprint together with Nextel
                              "Where our customers come first!"

Notice that his solution to my problem is MY PROBLEM. The Web site doesn't work! Where our customers come first, my ###. Apparently, Sprint customer service reps are not only rude and incompetent, they are also illiterate.

Today, I am going to Verizon and change services. I noticed Verizon customer service was very highly rated by Consumer Reports, whereas Sprint's was at the bottom. Now, I know from first-hand experience, why. Of course, I imagine I will wind up in court before I'm able to force Sprint to cancel my service.

Steven

• Do
                                  Dollfincutie Aug 29, 2009

i as well worked for tele hell...and of course got fired for not following proper protical and not asking a customer that hung up if i had resolved her issue. telehell is the worse company every to work for. they have to keep 300 employees at all times and with the jobs so scarce even teletech is having a hard time keeping employees cuz they fire/or people quit so much that the door is always spinning.

• Sc
                                  Scott Dec 24, 2008

I have a horrible story to tell, probably will top Steven's with regards to Sprint..

Sprint PCS Case#: C2120394. BBB case# [protected].

On August 31st, 2008 Sprint customer rep offered me a $150 creadit towards my account plus $150/phone (I have 3 phones) towards each new phones if I renewal a 2 year contract with them. I explained to the customer rep that all three of my phones are working fine and don't need any new phones. He then offerred me to use the $150/phone credit -- this amounts to $450 (3*$150) to use towards my Sprint PCS account for renewing the contract. I agreed to renew for a 2-year plan based on the conditions stated above that day.

In mid Dec, 2008 my cell servicew was cut off, so I called sprint and found out that I only received $150 creadit to my account not the remaining $450 as was promised by the Sprint PCS rep back in August. The Sprint PCS customer personnel who answered the phone could not make decision and promised to escalated to the next level and have someone call me back within a week. Meanwhile the customer rep. tunred the cell service back on while this is being investigated. As the week went by and NO ONE from Sprint PCS called back.

On Dec. 22nd, my cell phone service was cut off again. I made another call to Sprint's customer service that day. After repeated explaining my story 3 times to 3 different Sprint customer reps, no one seemed able to resolve this issue nor can tell me waht's going on with my case. Due to Sprint can NOT fulfill its promised remaining $450 creadit towards my account, I asked the 3rd customer rep. to cancel my service and told her I'll pay back the already credited $150 from Sprint plus any outstanding charges. By this time, April, the Sprint cancellation customer rep (employee ID AN252117) informed me a $200 early cancellation fee on top of the $150 credit will charged to my account. I explained to her the reason I renewed for a new 2-yr contract was based on the $600 ($150+3*150) credit Sprint was offering to me back in August 2008. Since Sprint was not going to fulfilled its promise, I'll only pay back the $150 creadit plus any outstanding balance, but NOT the early cancellation fee. April insisted to transfer me to the cancellation escalation team, and told me to talk with Joe. Joe did not answer his phone, and I left my name and phone number and asked him to call me ASAP.

Today is Dec. 24th, 2 days later and 2 subsequent follow up calls to Sprint within the past two days, still no calls from Sprint. Made another call to Sprint to ask to talk to the cancellation team, the rep told me someone from that team will call in the next few minutes. That was nine hrs hours ago, NO ONE called... Phone service is still cut off...

Not hearing back from Sprint on the phone, I am desperate to get this issue resolved, I sent Sprint an email stating my issue, the automated response back is we will get back to you within 24 hrs (see below)... Just like they told me on 3 occassions they will get back to me in one week, 24hrs, a few minutes...

I have been with Sprint PCS from day one (many years ago). I am very disappointed with their false promises and its customer services. Everytime I called, it seemed each of the customer service personnel always trandferred me to some other departments... No one answered wanted to resolve any issue, or take the cancellation of my service...
                                  They promise to call you back and NEVER call back...

=======================================================

From:Sprint Customer Solutions <[email protected]>
                                  [Add to Address Book]

To:Scott Chu <[email protected]>
                                  Subject:Sprint has received your email (KMM57147707I15977L0KM)
                                  Date:Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:40:24 PM
                                  [View Source]
                                  THIS IS AN AUTO-ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL.

Thank you for contacting Sprint Online. Customer E-Care has received
                                  your email and will respond to your request within 24 hours

The email ID for this interaction is (Re: Care #[protected] (Billing
                                  / Payment - Billing Inquiry/Invoice Charges) (KMM57147265I15977L0KM)),
                                  and will be located in the subject line of our response back to you.

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

• Be
                                  Bert T. Jul 17, 2008

I am a customer Service agent and you aint seen nothin. i work for teletech in guadalajara. teletech is a global company. Sprint/nextel outsouced a lot of their jobs overseas to save money...funnything is, the way we´re trained out here is so ambigous that when we are out on the floor taking customer calls on everything from problems with the phone to changes in service, and yes, of course billing issues, and i might add, we have questions on how to handle customer issues, we are always in jeopardy of doing it wrong. Only when our sales for new price plans, extensions on contract or new phones go up do we get help here by our superiors who have the knowledge of truly helping customers out. those who don't sell well are always being told that their "customer's issue resolution" is poor, and you may loose your job. The thing is, customers aren´t the respondants on customer resolution, but the "deported homies" from the usa-who speak english realwell- they are the actuall determining quality agents...the ones who have been patted on the back for ..uh hmmm.. extending customers contracts, mostly without customers knowledge cuz all they were doing was adding on a service, and selling pones that are suppose to be compatible with Sprint services and price plans.Yup this aint a joke. i see this everyday.Except my day off of course. Things should be done right. Plus i shouldn't loose my job for knowing how all this affects you all, and crying FOUL hear.

• 81
                                  8186139630 Jun 09, 2008

without me cancelling their contract sprint when ahead and cancelled it without me authorizing it and charge a disactivation ffee

Sprint / Nexteldeceptive business practices

I filed the cancellation on the account on June22 of 2006. Instead of $200.00 cancellation fee I kept receiving monthly charges.
                                I and my son whose name is on the account, tried calling in July, August to confirm the cancellation, then in September, then on 10/17/06.
                                The plan expires on 11/28/06.
                                When I tried to clear the situation with Customer Service I had to explain situation to four(4) different people and spent 1 hour of my time ($50.00hr).
                                After five months(services not used) of unsuccessful attempts Nextel suggesting to pay $200.00 when the plan expires in one month, plus five months of not used plan services.
                                Nextel customer service trying to justify this as "No request to cancel on record" when in reality every one of the times I called, they would convince me that the request is being processed.

This is by far one of the most unsatisfying experiences. My family will never be Nextel customer again and definitely would not recommend the services to any one we know.
                                I truly believe that Nextel deliberately postponed the cancellation of the account charging monthly fee up to a last month of plan expiration and charge the fee on the last month of 2 year plan.

I feel that NEXTEL is guilty of deceptive business practices.
                                I also believe they are in violation of the CTIA Consumer Code for Wireless Services of which they are a signatory to.

Sincerely,
                                Lily

• Wi
                                    Will Apr 01, 2008

I have been going through the same exact thing you all have been going through. Sprint is trying to still charge me on an account that has been closed since 11-8-06. I even paid the $200 early term fee (it was terminated early, so I paid it) and they are still trying to extort money from me. I finally got my attorney involved. His name is Alan Angelo and his # is [protected]. I am ready to file siut against them. Anyone want to join me?

• Do
                                    Dolores Mar 05, 2008

I emailed the customer service and wanted to check out my contract satisfaction date. I have in writing it was 08/27/07 from them. We cancelled in December, 2007, they sent me a bill in Jan, 08 showing an early termination fee of $200. I called the customer service line, they said they were sorry, they had me on the line for approx 45 minutes and said they were crediting my account, the rep even had his supervisor come and approve it, he told me the next statement I will receive will reflect a zero balance. Nope, it didn't happen. I am still getting statements. They even emailed where they sent me to a collection agency. I have written letters, provided a copy of the email, called customer service they gave me a tracking number and said they would get back to me... they didn't get back with me. I did receive a letter back stating my contract end date was now May of 2008. I wrote another letter with a copy of the email showing I was told August 2007, I have heard nothing from them, just another monthly statement.

• Valerie Dec 27, 2006

Not to even begin with the dropped calls or c4 errors. They have the most pathetic customer service dept I have ever encountered. They gave me the run around for hours just trying to figure out if it was a Nextel or Sprint issue, When I kept bring up the fact that their slogan states TOGETHER WITH I would get transfered to no man's land and be required to call back. The FCC or whoever regulates theses idiots should et involved.

Sprint / Nextelservice restriction problem

At the end of Sept or beginning of Oct 2006, I found my service had been restricted - I wasn't able to make outgoing calls nor was I able to check my voice mail. Due to financial difficulties, I was not able to pay my bill (~$276) when I intended to. When I was able to pay my bill, I contacted "customer service" (CS) to find an authorized payment center. Believe it or not, THEY DID NOT KNOW! They suggested I go to WalMart and get a money gram (at a cost, of course). So, upon arriving at WalMart, I shut my phone off as suggested in order to get service restored. When service was restored, I checked my voice mail. Lo and behold, there was a message from Sprint/Nextel letting me know they would offer assistance in getting my service restored anywhere from $300 to 15% off my bill. I called the number they gave me [protected]) along with a reference number. So I called and was on hold for 10 minutes. A message came on saying I could call a different number [protected]) at a later time. I called the 2nd number about an hour later and was put on hold for 40 minutes (thankfully I was reading a book and had my headset). My call went back into queue 4 times. I finally hung up and called the 1st number back. After being on hold for another 10 minutes, a message came on and told me, 'due to technical difficulties, please try your call another time'. They never took my call because I had already paid my bill. I called the 1st number Thurs, Oct 5 and was told since I had already paid my bill, there was nothing they could do for me. After ###, the guy said he could give me a 5% credit (a whopping $13!).

So, my service had been restricted and I can't check my voice mails. Sprint/Nextel thought it would be cute to leave me an unobtainable message knowing full well I wouldn't be able to take advantage of their 'sympathetic' offer. Why didn't they make this offer when I had spoken to CS the first time (about an hour before I paid my bill)?

So I sent a complaint on Thurs Oct 5 via their online website. I received an email ([protected]@yahoo) saying they would make every effort to address my complaint in 24-48 hours. If I didn't hear back from them within 48 hours, I was to reply to the email and they would let me know the status. The following Wed Oct 11 (6 days later), I replied to the email (along with the tracking number - NT20061005_[protected]). Today is Mon Oct 16. Do you think I have been contacted by Sprint/Nextel in any way? They definately should change their motto (their current motto is, "Where customers come first"). What a scam.

Also, when I signed the contract, I purchased an additional phone and service for my 14 year old daughter. Our numbers differ by 1 number, with mine sequentially coming first with my number being the 'admin'. Somehow, someway, my daughters number was changed to the 'admin'. Upon contacting Sprint/Nextel to change this, they said they have NO way of doing this. Huh?

Had I known Nextel would merge with Sprint, I would have NEVER signed the contract. Isn't that called 'bait and switch'? My service has been extremely ### since the merge including dropped calls (which I didn't have with Nextel) and delayed voice mails (up to 4 hours).

I'm not looking for a 'free ride'; I realize it is my responsibility to pay my bills. Being a single parent, financial difficulties do arise and the only contact with my daughter is via phone. I figured it would cost just as much to have a land line as cell phones so I cancelled our land line. I can't wait for my contract to expire!

Oh, I just want to say I don't blame the employees who work as customer service reps, I blame the higher ups for the crappy policies they put in place and the standards set for jacking customers around. I'm sure the President and other bigshots are living a life of luxury and really don't care how their pockets get lined. I feel sorry for the employees who feel they have no choice but to work for such a ### company.

Julie

Grand Blanc MI

• Ka
                                      Kaw900r Oct 28, 2008

Sprint sucks on customer service. I was informed my phone could be used as a modem and now they want me to pay an additional $15.00 amonth for this now. This company is just as bad as W. Bush and his lies. Well no matter how good a plan i had at one time i will be leaving this horrible provider and maybe never having another cell phone since it is just bull sh!t anyway.

• Tm
                                      TMAC Jan 22, 2008

Without question, NEXTEL and SPRINT combine to be the worst company for communications and customer service. I have spend at least 10 hours trying to resolve a NEXTEL screw up. THEY OWE ME $400 plus and they know how to take money but seem to have forgotten how to credit money.

• Valerie Dec 11, 2006

This is by far the absolute WORST and I mean WORST cell phone provider on the face of the planet. I purchased a a Blackberry 7100i with GPS and was told that was the only Blackberry available with GPS (a total lie).I will never use this company for anything and will resort to tiering two cans together with string to communicate before I ever use them. It is by no coincidence that their stock performance is dismal and C Level Execs turn the door quicker than your neighborhood fast food joint turns burger flippers! They do not back any of their products and hire sub standard employees.

Sprintrebate problem

Sprint has no facility to provide you with a rebate form if you did not receive one with your phone. They tell you to go to a Sprint store. Only after calling their corporate office in Virginia (do a search on "Sprint") did I get satisfaction. The Bristol call center takes corporate calls and you will find someone there who is not a programmed robot. They credited my account. Please ask them to enable Sprint Customer Service to email forms to customers. Eventually, I did find a rebate PDF file but after reading all the compalints about receiving rebates, I called the Cororate Office instead.

Sprint PCS — totally incapable of fixing their own billing process

This story now is 3 months and running. I paid my Sprint Bill in July and August directly from my bank and...