Spirit Airlinesunprofessional nasty personnel

P

I recently flew from Las Vegas to Ft. Lauderdale via Dallas/Ft. Worth. At the Las Vegas Boarding gate I was given a hard time regarding the size of my carry-on bag. A supervisor confirmed that the bag was of proper size, and I was finally boarded. Then, in Dallas, I entered the plane, placed my bag in the overhead compartment and closed it. Then, a short fat male flight attendant began an argument with me over the size of the bag. He removed it from the compartment and threw it on the floor and demanded that it be checked into baggage. The airplane Captain finally got involved, and confirmed that the bag was proper to be placed in the compartment. However, by this time, the plane was full and there was no longer space available, so the bag had to go into baggage. In each case I paid an extra charge for a "Big Seat" in the first row and was given no courtesy whatsoever. My cell phone was locked away in the bag (that was now damaged) and I could not call the car service to inform them that I would be late because 1) the plane was late as usual, and 2) I had to wait another hour for the baggage claim. I will never fly this airline again and want nothing from them. Worse flight in 50+ years.

Christiann123 Jan 22, 2019

So Sorry to hear of your flight from hell. I too have experienced Spirit Airlines lack of professionalism.
    After waiting an hour and a half for my luggage I finally gave up and went into lost luggage. A young family of six was outside the lost luggage door. The dad warned me, "You don't want to go in there." I smiled and said, "I wish I didn't have to." (I thought he was joking)
    I was happy to see my suitcase. I smiled and said, "Hey gals, so glad my luggage is here. Do you need me to sign anything?" I held up my claim ticket. The unsmiling woman behind the counter whispered something to me which I had no way of hearing as she was drowned out by the all noise of a busy Atlanta airport. "Excuse me, I couldn't hear you?" I politely told her. There were so many lost luggages that I couldn't even step into the room. There was no space for me to close the door, thus the noise of the bustling airport filtered in.
    She ridiculously whispered three more times and each time I calmly told her "I'm sorry, I can't hear you." I was thinking that maybe she had a sore throat or some thing. Finally she approached me having to step over all the bags that stood between me and her. She then put her face within inches of mine and said, "I don't appreciate being called gal." It took me a few seconds to comprehend the absolute unprofessional ism that I was being subject to. Wow, My bad knees are killing me after waiting and hour and half on hard concrete while my husband is doing hot laps around the busiest airport in the world and the lost luggage princess's only concern is the pronoun I use to address her! Out of curiosity I asked her, "What pronoun do you prefer?" Straight faced and with no emotion she replied, " I prefer to be called Lady or Miss Ebony." As a Spirit Airlines customer I can't tell you how important it was for me to know the proper pronoun to use while addressing your employee. Good to know you have such selfless caring employees that are so happy to help all the weary passengers that are looking for the luggage that you lost!
    Never again.

• Gi
    gingin1 Mar 27, 2018

A class action case is currently pending in Federal Court. Cox v. Spirit Airlines. The law firm handling the case: Hermina Law Group, [protected].