Having problems with Speedway?

Speedway Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 643 1948 (General)
+1 800 428 4016 (Credit Card Account)
+1 937 864 3000 (Customer Service)
250 Beronia Dr.
Springfield, Indiana

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Speedway Customer Service. Initial Speedway complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Speedway above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Speedway. Discuss the issues you have had with Speedway and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Speedway Complaints & Reviews

Speedwayrude employee

I have been in the store numerous times and I have witnessed the employee( Martha) touch the food without gloves. She also harasses another employee( Alexis) she is constantly in her face telling her she is a little girl not only that she has her other older friends come in and she just stands to the side with them and talks about her and other customers. And management does nothing. I even heard him ( Eric ) saying racist jokes. What kind of place is this. This place needs to be investigated. It's a convenient place to shop and get gas but it is not worth the harassment, and disrespect. I'm sure they have plenty of footage of their employee ( Martha ) handling food inappropriate!!! It's disgusting I seen another employee doing the food and she does it correctly no burnt food and uses gloves continue to let her do it. And do something about the morning shift employee Martha!!!

Wilco Hess LLCabuse

Hello my name is Sheila Faulk and I was an employee of Wilco Hess LLC in Goldsboro NC. My district manager was Jen Jarmen. I was employed at store 327 by the fairgrounds from March of 2012 until March of 2013 at which time I was transferred to store 397. While at store 327 under the general managership of Marcus Mohammed I was subjected to verbal abuse. I notified Jen Jarmen of this in March of 2013 and sent her he text messages that Marcus had sent me. She informed me she was transferring me out to store 397 effective the following Monday. I was not the only person that was being discriminated against by Marcus, but nothing was ever done to him. He is allowed to do as he pleases and has no consequences of his actions. From January 8th to February 15th 2013 the gas tanks were not being stuck for accuracy and water. Cashiers that were doing their jobs were being harassed by Marcus, but cashiers that did nothing but lean on the register were being rewarded. In February I came into a note on the desk letting me know that I was to terminate Ray Rhoades when he came in. This note was left out in the open for all to see and the cashier on duty called Ray and let him know. I contacted two General Managers to see if I had the authority to do that and was told no I did not, but the decision was taken out of my hands by another cashier that called Ray and told him so when he came in as hostile and told me he knew what was going on. I told him to contact Marcus the next day and he left. The beginning of March I had to go back into the store to watch video to find out when a counterfeit hundred dollar bill was taken. I clocked in, watched video, found it, helped customers and then signed out. The next day I went in to find a note about being on clock after we shouldn’t be and then I checked kronos self serve and saw Marcus had deleted my time. I waited till I received my check stub to make sure it was not a self serve issue and saw he had. I asked him about it and his response was I had missed punches and he didn’t know. The one thing I always do is check self serve to make sure my punches go through, so I knew that was a lie. One Sunday March 10 my 10 am cashier called to let me know that she had been throwing up since 4 am and didn’t know if she would make it in, I started calling everyone on the list and no one would answer their phone, including my manager Marcus Mohammed. I called my shift leader Melissa White and asked her to come in and do a beer count for me, because I was by myself till 4 pm. She agreed and came in. When she got there I texted Marcus about it and he responded I should not have let Jessica go home. I was following policy. Jessica came in and tried to work and threw up 4-6 times in the 30 minutes she was there. I asked him again if Melissa could do beer count, he told me “No, I want you to do it.” I told him I needed help and he told me to quit making excuses and do my job. I did not make excuses I did my job every day I worked plus part of his. He then told me if he had to come to store and do my job I would regret it. I then called my District Manager Jen Jarmen. I told her what was going on and forwarded the text to her. She told me not to do beer count, finish what I had to do and go home, she would come talk to me the next day.
    During that meeting I told her everything he had been doing, had my statements and Melissa whites statements but she did not want to see them or hear nothing. Her fix was to transfer me out of a high volume store to a “sleeper store” as she called 397. Nothing was ever done to Marcus for all he had and had not done. I had customer complaints that Marcus and Megan were behaving inappropriately for manager cashier relationship, and that 327 was no longer a friendly store.
    I had been at 397 since mid-March and have had no problems, have done my job and our audits speak for themselves. We had a -56 dollar audit and a -12 dollar audit. We had no cash issues and no cigarette issues.
    The manager at Fremont needed an assistant manager and she interviewed several qualified people, but promoted Megan Grimes, which has caused several people to question that promotion.
    On June 28 Cheyenne Throneberry was terminated from Wilco. Shirley called me and told me she did not need me to work from 4pm to 1 on Friday she needed me to open the store the rest of the weekend, that Jen had decided to promote Amber from Ash street and that she had asked Shirley whether she wanted Sheila or ginger as an assistant at new hope. Shirley told her that she wanted Sheila, Jens response was to tell Shirley that she was leaving me at 397 because I was a strong assistant and that me and Nicole could keep the store under control. Amber has been an assistant for six months, I have been an assistant for a year. I have gone to several different stores to be acting GM, amber has not done any of that. I told Shirley that I did not feel like it was fair to me, she told me to call Jen about it. I did and was told it was her decision and I should look at my job as “Just a paycheck.” Jen then called Shirley and said something to her about Shirley telling me the truth. But out of respect for Shirley I was going to stay and run the store the way she taught me until I found out that I had been lied to all day long by Shirley.
    We had two trainees the week of June 24-30, Megan Grimes and Emily from Dunn. They were having a conversation and every other word that came out of Megan’s mouth was Marcus. She told Emily that Marcus was sleeping with his cashiers at 327. Emily asked a if she had slept with him and Emily gets in trouble, but nothing is done to Marcus yet again.
    I do not feel like I was owed General Manager, but I also know that Amber did not earn that position. I told Shirley I could not work for another manager I could not respect. The last two promotions that has been made in our district is questionable, and I feel like I was not even thought of due to the fact of my age for one and the fact that I went to Jen on her “pet” manager in March. She has covered everything he has done up. He calls a customer a “###” and oh no lets reward him, we move him to 327. Where he is allowed to torment not one assistant but two. Ginger has left work repeatedly in tears over what he has said or done to her, and she is not the one that told me, cashiers that are still my friends have told me this.
    When everything was said and done June 28, 2013 I turned my keys, Shirley’s keys, and my uniforms in and walked out the door. I lost more than just a paycheck, and no one seems to care at that company that supposedly cares. I lost my vacation time, my personal time and my friends. I thought I worked for a company that cared to find out that we as assistants and cashiers mean nothing to this company.
    My son went into store 327 October 2, 2013 to get a bottle of water, and Marcus came up to him and responded “I hear your mom and dad got a divorce.” My son asked him who told him this and Marcus responded that Jen Jarmen had told him. I have been married for 27 years on October 18, 2013.
    I have had no contact with any of the stores. I have not been in any of the stores since mid-July. But I received a phone call from a friend letting me know of a ban letter that had been posted for every employee in the store that I had been banned. This letter has my personal home address on display for all to see. The reason I was supposedly banned was harassment. Hard to harass someone when I had not called or went into the stores. Nowhere in any of the videos can they find me walking in the doors. I called corporate in Greenville and asked that Jason call me on this and he had Jen Jarmen call me. Jen Jarmen is the one that is using lies to do what she pleases. In this letter she tells me I can have no contact with any employee of Wilco. Last I heard that is a violation of my constitutional rights. I can and will speak to my friends.

sara goolsby Apr 10, 2014

I am a regular customer who has seen bullying at this store. I saw the employee who was getting bullied leave crying one day. The employees doing this are rude and loud and you can hear them all the way in the dining room.

WilcoHessmanagerial ignorance

I am a regular customer at one of your locations and recently noticed a sign in the window stating, “Help Wanted All Shifts Must Want To Work”. Since I am retired from the trucking industry, living only 2 miles from the location and familiar with your company, I filled out an application and returned it the same afternoon. I am very efficient in mathematics, computers & customer service. Being retired for a short period of time, I wanted to get back to work, preferably (being use to working overnight) on a night shift knowing that this would fit well with my wife’s job, which is daytime. I believed that being short of good help, I would have heard something from whoever reviews the applications but I was wrong. I don’t believe that totally ignoring an applicant is proper. A phone call should be in order letting me know why I am not wanted for a position whether my experience or age is in question.

Speedway — institutional age discrimination

I am a former employee of this organization. I was employed a total of 12 years. During that time I observed...

Enon

Wildwood Wilco Hessarrogant and unconcerned

Wilco Hess has made it plainly obvious that they are unconcerned about their customers. During a recent visit to this location while approaching a parking space I could clearly see a tall trash can standing in front of a cement post sticking out of the concrete, what I could not see is the fact that there was a second post that was a few feet past the trash can. When turning into the parking space while watching forward as to not hit the vehicle in the next parking space much to my surprise was the second post which now in my blind spot. This second post made contact with my vehicle at the rear of the front passenger door and all of the passenger back door as I had to back up. While completing the customer injury form required by Wilco Hess the general volunteered that this was not the first time this has happened to a customer. When I was contacted by a risk management person for Wilco Hess I was told that they would not accept responsibility for the damage to my vehicle. I was told I should have been watching where I was going. Which is exactly what I was doing when I was watching the vehicle I was parking next to? When I expressed the idea this post should have been painted RED or Yellow rather than grey so that the customers might better see it I was told that there was no law requiring RED or YELLOW therefore they were not reasonable. I travel past this station 5 days a week and it was my main stop for gas not any more. Customers and parking lot safety is of no concern to this company, their only concern is their almighty profit $. Since fighting this in small claims court would cost more than the repairs I am stuck without recourse, I am stuck with the damage and I am stuck with the reminder every time I see my car. Judging from my own experience and the experience of others posting comments that Wilco Hess has no regard for its customers or its reputation. I will take every opportunity to share my experience with as many people as I can and will never give my hard earned money to any Wilco Hess again.

annonime Jun 16, 2014

Ever time I go into this employees r on the cell phone or just talking to eachother they seem not to care about the customer Me being a customer I do not care to see the cell phones.. I will not visit this location again very bad eexperiance..

• Wi
            WilcoHess, LLC. Aug 02, 2012

JSpiers- We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at [protected] or here: http://www.wilcohess.com/ContactUs. Thank you.

• Al
            aliwithani84 Jul 27, 2012

And Jon McCartney works for Vance Refridgeration on Wednesdays.

wilco hess — redemption

So yesterday I posted a rather scathing complaint about my local Wilco Hess gas station on New Bridge Street...

wilco hessreally bad customer service

I have been going to my local Wilco Hess on New Bridge Street, Jacksonville NC for over 6 years I buy coffee, snacks, cigarette, lottery and gas virtually everyday, the staff know me by name as I do most of them and I have never had any problem with anyone there.
          Yesterday evening I went in there to buy a pack of cigarettes as I walked up to the counter the employee was talking on her cell phone, I stood there for a minute and she told whoever was on the other end of the phone to hold on and put the phone on the counter. After purchasing my cigarettes I was waiting for her to give me my change when she looked at me and said " Did I not give you your Change?" I told her no and she looked at me as though I was lying. I then said "Perhaps if you stay off the phone when working you could concentrate a little better", as she seemed distracted as the person was still holding on. She then said "I am not on the phone" I replied "You were and the person is still holding on maybe that is why you are distracted". By now a line had formed behind me and as I made to exit the store she shouted "You F****** ###". I retaliated and said "No you are the F***** ### to which she screamed over the counter "You are an F****** ###!
          As I walked to my car I could not believe what just happened, why am I arguing with someone I am giving money to? I spend at least $20.00 a day in there which in a year is about $1, 680.00 not to be sneezed at and I am helping to pay this person's wages unbelievable. So I called the store manager and told her what happened and that was just as laughable all she had to say was "Yes we don't condone cell phone usage at work" REALLY!! so the fact that she called me an F****** ### is ok?
          What I do know is I will not spend another penny in Wilco Hess, I work in customer service so maybe I am a little more fine tuned to bad customer service when I see it.
          In my opinion that employee in particular needs some Customer Service training pronto and so does the manager as she seemed quite unperturbed by the whole thing, maybe this sort of thing happens quite a bit in that store. Not that I will ever know as I have decided to take my custom elsewhere.

Speedwayemployee harrassing customer

I am tired of being insulted at the checkout in Speedway stores by being continually asked "Do you want a cookie" or "Do you want a candy bar." As a longtime customer of these stores I am sick and tired of being harassed each and every time I purchase something. Whatever happened to "Will there be anything else." Has the management of this company stopped to realize that for an overweight person, a person with diabetes or a person with other related health problems, asking if they "want a cookie" is insulting, rude and disgusting. Do they ask recovering alcoholics if they want a beer?
            One employee at the Lakewood, Ohio Speedway continually harassed me each and every time she waited on me despite my conveying to her that it was insulting. Complaints to the Customer Service 800 number resulted in further harassment from that employee. Never an apology from the manager of the Lakewood, Ohio Speedway or its District Manager. SHAME ON SPEEDWAY LAKEWOOD, OHIO.
            This long term customer of that store is through shopping at Speedway. You should consider taking your business elsewhere as well.

• Lo
                lonewitch Nov 13, 2012

yes speedway in ohio is horrible also. I will never set foot in a speedway again

• Lo
                Logical Sense Jun 21, 2012

Next time they ask you if you want something, ask them if they want to get paid for what is in front of them on the counter.

• Cl
                cldr774 Jun 21, 2012

thank goodness that's over with...

• Su
                superflea Jun 10, 2011

i was in speedway on june 2 approximately 2 :30 a.m. and the emplyee on duty was talking to the local police officer about suckn a penis and swallowin. i'm a guy and i was offended. i came in to get gas and a drink. and i haven't been back since. now i drive 2 miles outta my way to another convenience store. i'd like to stop and in and become a regular customer again, but not if she is there.

Speedway Performance Accessories — sold broken product

This shady company sold me a set of hid lights but I didn't find out until I got home that one wa...

Speedwayhow they treat there employees

i worked for speedway they fired me due to something they never said i can do and has basically forbidden me to come on the property for disruptive behavior when i have not been disruptive at all . they have docked me hours left me standing there for 3 hours with an athsma attack and has not giving me the last pay check they owe me . they have docked me pay and hours and is slandering my name what kinda company does this to a former employee . they have degraded me enough to where i am ready to commit sucide this is unfair and un human this company needs to be shut down . its sad when i have never done anything wrong to them and this is what i get in return . them pushing me to [censored]. great job being a company

• Ro
                  ronnaby Dec 18, 2011

Your statement was disturbing and most likely factual. I know of an employee in Richmond Indiana that had a serious medical event occur while on her shift. Calls to management went unanswered, and eventually the employee collapsed and police intervened and called paramedics. Police also had to physically supervise the store while someone was located to come in. Which by the way, if my memory serves me correctly, the person that came in to run the store actually worked at another speedway store. I'm sure the situation could be found in public record or at least a report found at the local police department. They do treat their employees badly, but I haven't heard anything about them not recieving pay. I do not shop at any of their stores because of how they treat their employees, not to mention how some of the mouthy customers treat them.

Wilco Hess Trade Mart — customer service extreely rude

I was in there for the first time on Monday Ocober 3 2011 and dealt with an extremely rude staff along with a...

Columbia

Speedwaywarm soda/managers attitude

I walked in for a morning soda as usual and every dew felt warm to the touch. I grabbed one as I passed the manager I told him his sodas felt warm. He didn't even bother to look at me. So I said, or you could just ignore me. He replied I don't know what to say and continued on his way. So I got to the checkout and said to the cashier your sodas feel warm today, she said we have 3 thermometers and gave me my total. Wow customer service at watertown, WI Speedway is just great.

Speedwayno coffee at night

I have been going to the Speedway's all over the state and other states, as I travel for a living. I don't understand why corporate is making all of the Speedway's not make all but two lousy pots of coffee. I work third shift, like many others and I like the Gourmet Roast, but everytime I go in to one of your stores, you only have Decaf or one pot of House Blend. I have asked many times, and have made my own coffee before, since the employees said that it was coming from corporate and that their customers aren't too happy. I have to then wait or make my own coffee. What is the deal? People all over work third shift too, not just in the morning...very disappointed.

• Ri
                      Rick Whi Jun 10, 2013

The new coffee cups are very fragile!! I have had several cups completely collapse, and have had hot coffee spill on me, my car, and my carpet. These cups are unable to maintain their integrity, and are a hazard. They could cause an accident due to their poor construction. I realize that they are less expensive for the company, but they truly are a nuisance. I'm sure that I am not the first to bring this issue to light. I'm sure I would not be the only one to appreciate a more suitable cup for our coffee!

• Sp
                      speedway management sucks Dec 07, 2011

I am an employee at speedway and we are highly miss treated. Things that i have gotten written up for are drive offs and customers staying there too long. One more write up and i am fired. I am repeatedly being threatened by my management saying i will be fired if i: don't wear a belt with pants that fit, if i have one more drive off and much more. I have seen employees come in that had to be picked up because they had a night of alcohol. But don't worry they weren't fired because they were buddy buddy with the manager. A friend of mine got screwed by speedway because they fired her and lied so they didn't have to give her unemployment. I am tired of being treated unfairly.

• In
                      intellex58 Jul 25, 2011

Yes, because you want coffee all speedways across the sate and region should have coffee at night. Perhaps management looked at the big picture and realized they were throwing away more coffee than selling.

wilco hess — employee gave my wife and I a middle finger

employee was standing outside talking to a friend in a car who was parked bocking a gas pump...not even in a...

Speedway — fired for no reason

Well the manager never told me why I was fired and also he had no reason to sit there and firing me over...

Speedwayfluid to wash windows at pump

My back window wiper doesn't work, and with the roads like they are right now, I have to frequently stop into a gas station to wash off my back window. I have stopped at the speedway at the corner of center and bristol twice now in the last week to just wash my window off and there has been absolutely no washer fluid in the reserviors at the pumps. Nothing in all 8? Of them? Whats up with that?

MARCY KIMBALL Apr 06, 2011

the clerk said that they should have filled them up...and besides when the weather is bad people need the washer fluid more than ever. and they do make washer fluid that doesnt freeze! i have it in my car.

• La
                        Lady219 Apr 04, 2011

When the weather outside is cold they do not fill them up because it will freeze!!!

Speedway — speedy rewards

It disgusts me that you can't redeem your points unless you have 900 points. For years, a free drink...

Speedway — they just lost a customer

I am a regular customer at speedway and i stopped in to purchase cigarettes i but the 3 pack special of...

Wilco Hess #18801 — gas pumps

Well for me this complaint started with purchasing gas on 1/27/2010 at wilco hess #18801 which is on west...

Speedway — not authorized

This company speedway (have no clue who they are) has taken money out of my checking account. The amount...