Specsavers — lens scratch
In Oct 2013 I purchased two new lenses for my spectacles with scratch resistance coating from Specsavers Wrexham. Ten months later, the right-hand lens showed a severe scratch after normal cleaning. I had done nothing untoward and in all of my years of having spectacles I gave never seen such severe scratches happening so quickly. I took the spectacles in to Specsavers and they agreed that the scratch was due to product failure of the coating on the one lens and agreed to replace this. The employee who severed me on the day of collection was however quite adamant it was my fault.
Two months later the same ‘new’ lens under similar conditions failed again and a large scratch showed. Again, Specsavers agreed to replace this bit stated this time that it was not product failure and that they would not be replacing this should the problem recur again (even if still within their one year warranty period). The problem is clearly a product quality issue and I do not understand why Specsavers are not willing to take this up with the supplier (Pentax I think) and why they will not honour their warranty promise. Poor show is all I can say and I should not have taken this to Specsavers!
More Specsavers Complaints & Reviews
- Specsavers - wrong eye test
- Specsavers - prices are deceptive, specsavers is fraud
- Specsavers - offensive advert
- Specsavers - tried to change my contact lenses
- Specsavers - waste of time
- Specsavers - overcharging at edmonton green
- Specsavers Optical Group - prescription
- Specsavers - negligence
- Specsavers - making appointments and not accepting responsibility for keeping them
- Specsavers - misleading adverts and staff