Spec Saversbad customer service/product

I have recieved nothing but disgusting service. I was talked into taking new frames not using my old frames and they have been nothing but cheap knock off styles, very uncomfortable. I have been back four times to have them adjusted and they still dont fit me correctly. The service people dont seem to care one bit. The second visit to pick the glasses up, I was disgusted the girl didnt even tell me to try them on so they could be adjusted, I had to ask. I am a pensioner and cannot afford to go and get new glasses else where, and I have ended up resorting to wearing my old glasses with the old perscription because I just cant wear my new ones comfortabley. Ive never had any issues before with previous glasses purchases...Maybe I SHOULDNT have gone to Specsavers (oposite to what their add says!). If anybody knows a way of contacting head office about this query/complaint I would be more than thankful! Rodney Johnson - email : [protected]@hotmail.com

• Bi
    billwizz Sep 03, 2009

I booked a eye test all was well I told the girl that I was due to go on holiday in 10 days, I was told all would be ok
    so I chose some glasses .I was told they would be a week.
    I phoned 10 days after I was told they where not ready, I told them I had been told it would take a week.which I was told it wasnt there fault, it was a couriers fault.
    So I suggested they take my glasses 3 miles to the other specsavers 3 miles away and get the lens tinted there, the manager refused but assured me they would be ready in two days.
    So I left it two days, and went to the shop .in person .still no glasses same excuse the courier.dropped off the wrong thing.
    After two weeks I got a refund.

• Ji
    jimmychoo Dec 09, 2009

well my child struggles alot with sight and i went for an eye exam with him and he said my little boy was lying! i couldn't believe this was coming from specsavers after i had been a loyal customer for yonks! so i went to vision express. specsavers is a joke. my little boy now has beano glasses. and everything is clearer he says. vision express all the way!

• Ge
    Georgia Gill Nov 01, 2010

I can't believe this ad has got the go ahead. Benny Hill was pulled off our screens because he was sexist - but now we're going back to this level. How can the company pretend this is 'funny'? 25 seconds of hoards of half naked women, running so that everything deliberately bounces up and down, camera's focusing on them picking their bikini bottoms out of their backsides...and just a 5 second end shot to try and give it a 'bit of a funny storyline'. If Spec Savers thinks that making the man look like a dweeb is rebalancing the ad, they are sadly mistaken. It's gratuitous. Not one of my female friends would now go to Spec Savers - it has alienated most women. It's pathetic. I suggest they make the ad even classier by hiring Silvio Berlusconi has their CEO and the Editor from Nuts magazine - surely these dirty old men couldn't do a worse job at offending women and setting us back decades.

• Ti
    tired of forced downloads.. Nov 01, 2010

Wow, , The idea works, Young men spend more time on the computer than ladies, The fact is they are shooting for a target base, , Guess what?...Your not it.
    And ranting on how we are set back as femals cause of an ad?, , , hmmmm.
    I suggest you goto the fashon industry first, Any runway out there has nudity there, , , aww yes, , thats different there models, you need to realize the topic, and know what the hell you are talking about.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices