Complaints & Reviews

a horrible hair cut from smart style

this is the email that i have written to smart style if you want pictures i can email them to you I will...

Poor customer service!

I got my hair done about 6 weeks ago.Color and cut.I went back 1 month later with a appt (.for touch ups). I was told to do this. So it wont cost as much to get my hair done. I went in the lady sitting on the chair talking on her phone. Would not help me. She said my hair did not gow out enough. And went back to talking on her phone. I asked her what products they had for my hair to make it soft and shiny. She told me to go some where else and buy products. And she resumed with her phone call. I went back again last night at same time 2 weeks later. I asked her if my hair was ready she said she did not have enough time it was 6:30. They are open until 9:00. Guess what she was doing sitting on the chair talking on her phone.She did not even hang up her cell phone when I walked in. I asked her if she would do my hair now she said no not enough time.she said i needed to call. I said you have turned me away 2times. I was VERY VERY ANGRY!!! There was no other customers there. All she wants is to sit and talk on the phone and get paid. I will go somewhere else and get my hair done from now on. I thought customers always come first. Not her friends on the phone.

LW... Junction city ore.

• Sh
    Sherry Nix Mar 23, 2008

I use to be a regular customer at the Smart Style salon in Milledgedville, Ga. In the last few months I`ve noticed the salon is closed for business long after opening hours are in effect. There seems to be a lack of responsibility and customer satifaction. I went in to purchase a hair cair product 3/22 after noticing they were opened. I stood at the register with my purchase, money in hand. The stylist, had 1 customer she was working on. All I wanted to do was pay and leave. She stared at me and never came over to ring me up. She never even spoke or welcomed me in the salon! I stood there a good 10 mins. Finally I said the heck with it and walked out! There were times where the stylist would excuse herself from cutting my hair to ring up a customer, this should have happened with me as well. Very poor customer service in my book! Too bad some of the good stylist are gone now.
    S. Nix, Milledgeville, Ga.

sarita beaule Feb 25, 2009

i went to walmart smart styles 2/24/09 the stylist did not listen to a word i said fried my hair so being i was a stylist i will take matters into my own hands and report it to the state board i will also contact a atty sb alamogordo n.m.

• Tr
    tracey Mar 14, 2009

i took my 9 year old daughter to the salon in commderce ga. The lady that cut her hair was irritated at something the whole time...don't know what here problem was but she couldn't stop rolling her eyes and shaking her head...my daughter was very still...so it wasn't the child. then my daughter ended up with a gapped up hair cut. she also told my daughter she better be still or she was gonna mess up her hair...my daughter never moved. i email smart style corp about this...they sent me a 1.00 coupon...what an insult what a joke...I will never go there again. Not to mention we were never greeted, my daughter showed the lady what she wanted out of the book all she said was o.k. so 2 words the whole time we were there o.k. and our total for the cut...What i should have done was stopped the lady and went somewhere else...I will never let anything like this happen again...and i will not recommmend this salon .

you wouldn't believe what I got!

Smartstyle
Located inside wal-mart #1254
1521 interstate 35 e
Bellmead, tx 76705
[protected]

I visited smart style on may 23, 2007 at 10:15 a. M. To get an adult cut. I told the stylist that I wanted only 3 inches taken off from the bottom and if she could layer my hair. You wouldn't believe what I got!

I am 22 years old and love my long hair... I mean long; down to my lower back. I only wanted to take a little off because those three inches were getting nappy. What in the world did she do so that I would have to complain? The stylist shampoos my hair and then cuts my hair just below my shoulders!!! No, no she doesn't stop there. She continues with the layers and let me tell you, I got layers alright, 2 defined ones.

She kept the lower portion of my hair shoulder length and then she just cut an upper portion 3 1/2 inches shorter!!! If that wasn't bad enough, she continues to cut my hair by pulling it to the side and cutting at an angle. The stylist then proceeds to leave my hair wet, and I had to ask her to blow dry it... Like I want to walk around wal-mart with wet hair. When she did blow dry it and I got to look in the mirror, I noticed how short it was and didn't say anything. I should have.

I did not know how horrible she had cut my hair until may 23, 2007 at 7:30 a. M. I took a mirror so I could see the back of my hair and I was horrified to see how defined the 2 layers were. Then, I look at the front of my hair and the right side is longer then the left!

There is nothing I can do now. A refund is not going to get the 10 inches of my hair back.

Sincerely,
Distraught customer.

MARY BRESHEARS Sep 17, 2008

AT LEAST YOU COULD GET WAITED ON
    I took my son in to get a cut and couldn't get waited on, we waited over an hour and watched them get a friend ahead of us.August of 2008 that was the last time I have darkened their door. they used to be a great place to get a cut but now I don't even know if they have a manager . I am so sorry about your hair that would make you cry

• Je
    Jenny Oct 29, 2008

$13.95 at a salon in wal-mart. what do you people honestly expect? Try paying $30-50 for a haircut and you'll see the difference. You pay for what get.

no customer service!

I went into SmartStyle Hair Salon which is located inside of Wal-Mart for a haircut which includes a shampoo...

sex in the back room!

About three weeks ago me and my 2 yr old daughter went it to a smart style located in side Walmart in Dickson, TN.

This was supposd to be a exciting time for my daughter it was her first hair cut instead it tured out to be a nightmare for her during the course of the hair cut my 2 yr old was giving a sucker because she was being so good after the hair cut i asked if there was some where i could wash her hands one of the ladies told me that i could take her to the back room i then opened the door and to my surprise there was two ladies in the back room having sex the manager had another lady on the washier with her pants down pass her ankles. I have contated john biggs of the corporate office with little to none results the manager of this store is still there to think they gave her the presidents award with all expense paid trip to greece this is how smartstyle/regis rewards managers who have sex in the stores on company time.

• Sh
    shearsthatplez Mar 16, 2009

I am about to graduate cosmetology school and was thinking of working there. I didn't go to school for 15 months to have to bend over for the manager, who happens to be a woman. lol

• Po
    pokerface Mar 29, 2009

wow, that it is totally awesome. i would have thought it was my lucky day. no question if you would have asked to join in, i am sure they would have enjoyed the kinky idea. sad thing is you had your child with you, so missed out. better luck next time. please let us know if you catch these ladies doing it in the backroom again. perhaps others could join in on the fun

• Wa
    walmartstinks Jun 24, 2009

Somehow it just doesn't suprise me with the people around that place.

• Js
    jsgurl19 Jul 09, 2009

them people that work there are a little wacky in the head anyways i always thought now that i heard this im definately not going back so there losing out on business so which they are use to since they stay hid in the back room on the washer

• Ve
    very concerned customer Feb 28, 2011

In case everyone hasn't noticed let me point out to you the date of this complaint. The date was October 2006 since then Smartstyle has had a new manager. She is in no way like these allegations made about the previous manager. I noticed the complaint just says manager, not a name. Just dont thimk it is right that anyone would think this about the previous manager when she has never done anything like that. I just think its right to clear her name for all the people that do not know her.

• Cu
    Customer123456 Aug 21, 2012

Smartstyles has a new manager which is awesome by the way. The women there are friendly and helpful.

I will never go to smart styles again

I am not a person who normally complains and probley would not be complaining had I not gone for a hair cut...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices