Menu

A
Author of the complaint
3:05 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased several items from Sleepy's in Farmingdale, now owned by Mattress Firm, in June of 2016 includng a mattress, a pillow, and a protective pillow cover. My invoice # is [protected].

The sales assoicate who sold me these items explained to me at the time of the purchase that it would be financed at 0% APR for 60 months and that by making the minimum payments I would not accrue any interest on the items as they would be paid off in full prior to the expiration. He then applied on my behalf for financing via Synchrony Financial and asked me to sign the paperwork without informing me that the terms of the financing were approved for a 12-month promotional period, not the 60 months he advertised. I set up autopayments as calculated based upon the terms he verbalized to me, to complete payments after 47 months, well under the 60 months promised.

After 12 months, I incurred a bill from Synchrony charging me at an interest rate of 29.99% which starting compounding at the time of purchase. I spoke with the assistant manager of the store (JR0030) who referred me to the manager of the store (AT6802). The manager of the store explained to me that there was nothing he could do about the situation due to the time that had lapsed since purchase. I asked him if it was at all possible that the sales associate was new at the time of the purchase and misunderstood what he was advertising and he reported to me that the particular associate in question had been working there for 15 years and knew very well that 60-month financing could not be obtained for the amount of sale 1168.78 (1075.98 prior to tax).

At this time I feel exploited by the company and its associates who willfully misrepresented the terms of the purchase. I explained to him that there is currently a promotion at Sleepy's for 0% financing for 24 months for purchases greater than 999$ and asked if they could change the financing terms to reflect this promotion so that I can pay off the entirety of the sale as I had previously intended without incurring the exorbitant interest rate. He replied that there is nothing he can do about it but that I could call company headquarters which will likely refer me right back to the store to speak with him.

I would appreciate refinancing the terms to avoid paying interest on the purchase and would gladly pay the remainder of the purchase in full if this were feasible.

More Sleepy's complaints & reviews

Sleepy's - defective mattress scam
1 comments
P
Nov 09, 2017 3:54 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I really don't think there is anything the manager can do at this point. Did you receive paperwork at the time of your financing that stated the terms? That would definitely help your case. You may also want to try calling Synchrony Bank to see if there is anything they can do for you. A similar situation happened to me but it was at a different furniture store.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

102 complaints