Complaints & Reviews

someone has been using my pictures as a fake profile

I received a random phone call from someone didn't know who he was and he told me he got my number from off of Skout. I never heard of that app. He then started sending me pictures of myself from the app and messages that someone has been sending to him. I would ask if the page is deleted and my number is blocked from the app. And removed and never added again

• Jn
    Jnd13 Feb 22, 2018

Hey, I am currently facing the same issue. This is creating big problems for me. Could you please tell me if the issue got resolved for you? and what did u do to get it resolved?

Would be very helpful.

• Bl
    BlessedButCursed Aug 06, 2019

Hey I’m Tyler. I have not been able to get into my account and I know I’m using the right email and password email me at [email protected]

defamation of character

dear scout staff..
this has been happening alot over time and i have proof and witnesses
this is one of the accounts he has more than one..

there is a fake account or accounts on your website and this person is posting pictures of people including myself and he is ruining out reputation and saying things that are inappropriate this needs to be dealt with i want his IP address blocked or i will be taking this to the police and i will sue this company for not dealing with bullying and not having things in place to stop people from posting things like that on their buzz feeds.

this is the account of the real person who is having their identity on the internet slandered and abused. dont block this account..

my contact details alicia barnard [protected] please call me in regards to this.

a skout member tricked me in being a sugar daddy and hacked my bank account

I was on the friend/dating app Skout and this older gentleman, his username only said John had messaged me and said he was looking for a sugar baby and that I looked like I would be a good fit for him and that he will give me a weekly allowance of $300. He only had one photo in his profile and it showed he was from some part in Nebraska or somewhere around that part of the U.S. I just needed to give him my bank account information, and he promised it would be in my account the next day, but he was sending more than then the $400 I talked him up to giving me. He sent me $1000.34 I should have known by this that something was up and that he needed me to send about $600 of it to his business associate because he was travelling. I first went to the ATM and withdrew $400, I had to do two separate transactions due to the limit able to be taken out in one transaction.So I kept asking him for his associate's information and he would not give it to me until I would be at a Western Union and until he received it also. I told him well I would feel more comfortable for sending it online through Western Union, he said no cause I have had issues before transferring online. He kept saying that I was making him mad and to not make him send his FBI friends. By here I knew for a fact that he could not be legit, but I still was scared for my life and just did what he asked. So I filled out the send money form at Western Union and the lady asked me a couple questions and I admitted that I was sending it in place of someone else. So she told me that she would need a lot of that person's information, the guy was not believing me whatsoever, then he finally said forget about sending the money now I want you to go buy 6 $100 iTunes gift cards from Walmart and saying that I should be on my way to Walmart. I had went to a different store and purchased $200 in iTunes gift cards and I did check my bank account and it looked fine. Then when I went to purchase the other $400 in gift cards, my card was declined and I went back to my house and looked at my account and it showed I was -$552 and the mobile deposit he had made was no longer showing at the time for me. So I immediately called my bank's number and spoke to them and they walked me through what I needed to do and helped me with a few other things, and told me to make a police report about the fraud. So I called the local authorities and they sent over an officer, he took down my story and asked me for the number that the guy was texting me from. He then gave me the report number, I went to my bank's branch and told them about it along left the police report number with them, and they told me that it could be 2 days until all the money that I was able to deposit back in and all the transactions go through to see what happens with my account, and to call the customer support and supply them with the police report number and that if any overdraft fees occur that they should drop them for me. What does suck is the little bit of money I did have in my account before this happened doesn't even exist!! I definitely have learned from this and am very upset and heartbroken with myself for going along with this! I definitely do not believe in sugardaddies or that industry at all, and don't feel using online dating/friend meet up sites anymore. This guy is still occasionally messaging me and is upset with me.

• Updated by lilshort · Dec 05, 2017

The picture with the green shirt is his Skout profile picture under the name John

Comments

• Updated by lilshort · Dec 05, 2017

Here are other pics he sent earlier today

Comments
    Comments

• SubSquirrel Dec 05, 2017

You fell for a scam. Why you’d accept money from a stranger is beyond me. Then to stupidly buy things for him? He’d send the fbi? So what? You did nothing wrong but be stupid.

scam/ poser

There'sa man who pretending to be a US army.His name is Ray Lucas or Scott. He tried to ask money fot his plane ticket.He said heis currently somewhere in Turkey fora deployment but He is very tired sohewanna go homeright away but the US army will not shoulder his plane ticket. He said he needed moneu to pay his ticket so he can go home to San Diego California.I think he stole someone' s identity.

person

On skout for iPhone, met someone with profile name "jane lee" (Pic provided below). Ultimately we communicated on other platforms and they - unbeknownst to me - video taped me doing vulnerable graphic things. And then the extortion attempts, threats to ruin my life, post on social media and share to my friends and family. SKOUT should have flagged her and prevent her from being able to log on.

ann conroy Jan 10, 2020

i wont this person to stop sending text on hangout

mi cuente de yonny cierra lo blokiaron

Solo kiero apelar la desicion de blokeo a mi cuenta de yonny cierra conectado con mi facebook fue una equivocasion xfavor desblokien mi cuenta de yonny cierra kiero continuar con mi cuenta todo fue accidentalmente gracias lamento este mal entendido nunka ubiera echo eso consientemente le prometo que ya no pasara eso todo fue accidentalmente me gusta mucho cer parte de esta comonidad de skout gracias espero que tome en cuenta mi peticion

• Updated by Yonny cierra · Nov 24, 2017

Somo deceo ke desblokien mi cuenta de skout

Comments

photo

Hello, I keep trying to post a photo and it keeps getting deleted. There is nothing inappropriate about my photo.

Many girls on this app have photos up with almost their nipples sticking out. Also see through shirts where you can see their nipples and in thongs where their whole butt is showing.

So i don't understand why mine keeps getting deleted. It shows a lot of cleavage but nowhere close to my nipples. I have attached the photo to this message.

photo

skout fraud and extortion

On skout for android, met someone with profile name "jane lee" (Pic provided below). Ultimately we communicated on other platforms and they - unbeknownst to me - video taped me doing vulnerable graphic things. And then the extortion attempts, threats to ruin my life, post on social media began. Whoever made that profile is an extortionist, a fraud and a criminal. Please look into it.

Thanks.

Greg mills

Ps - the two pics provided are the profile page and then, the extortionist returned to skout after threatening on other platforms, and threatened to post the videos on youtube.

skout lottery

In 20016 I received email stating I won the all Ur lottery I did as it said and returned it to u. But never got the money. For some reason I was locked out of my account and couldn't get back in. I thought it was a scam so I left it alone but I came across a winner for skout lottery and realized it wasn't a scam I have the email and all the proof I need how can I get what is mine.

i'm being harassed by this person

There calling me texting me sending disrespectful messages of women calling me birches ugly pictures of women buttstock I asked them to stop but continued please help this person isn't stable his name is James his number is [protected] I met him on the website and he says he has ADHD but I believe BI polar disorder I have overy 20 pictures and a lot of texting from other phone numbers he doesn't need to be on a site at all with his issues

i'm being harassed by this person

scam

Started october, 9 /someone (NAME : MARINNA???), gave my company mobile number (44 [protected]) Lars Uk Lettings based in london, us sex massage, I received a lot of text messages and calls mens wanted sex, asked how much I charged, and flat adress, this is really made my day a nightmare, because I don't know if all calls I received will be from my clients, asked for flats for rent our for mens asked me for sex. So please A. S. A. P, REMOVED MY PHONE NUMBER, this is a blackmail, im state agents person and I cant have my life interrupted whit this disgusting and disrespectful things.

Luana vernier

fill phone number.

I don't see why I have to fill out this box as a human being you should have a option if you want to put in your phone number so you could get more personal or we should have an option not to it's like you guys are forcing us to put our personal phone number I already have my information on my profile why do I have to put in my phone number just to verify that I'm human I'm freaking verifying that I'm human complaining to you about this [censor] I think that's enough to verify that I'm human. Is ridiculous it seems like it's mandatory like I have to like you're putting a gun to my [censor]ing head just to fill out my [censor]ing phone number. Yes I am upset excuse all the curses but I'm very upset about this whole week on this app and now you guys ask me for my freaking phone number.

fill phone number.

rude users

One day on Skout a few weeks ago, someone made a post and I commented on it (not really saying anything bad, I was just stating my opinion) and these two users (Jacob and Boywar27) starting attacking me out of the blue saying that I was ugly, and that I will die alone and that I don't have a boyfriend because I can't do anything right, etc. I screenshotted and posted two pictures of their comments down below.

receiving pictures

Ever since I started using skout on my laptop when someone goes to send me a picture it tells them I'm not accepting pictures. How do I fix that it is really annoying I love the app but not that and I have no idea how to fix it. Please help me fix it. I can send them pictures but they can't send me pictures and I don't understand why it's doing that.

• Ta
    Tasha wilkins Nov 02, 2019

Not receiving pictures

• Co
    Cory Gandy Dec 29, 2019

I've been having a similar issue only all the pics appear as just a black screen

• Ca
    cardo anthony Feb 25, 2020

I CANNOT SEND PICS ON SKOUT ...HELP

premium subscription

I have a current premium subscription but none of the features are working. I have screenshot proof of subscription if needed. @maztheunicorn is my skout ID, I have attached this proof. Please if this could be resolved ASAP as one of my favourite features is virtually flying to places to talk to people all over the world and currently can’t as it keeps on asking me to make a subscription even though have a subscription

skout

I would like to permanently delete my skout account but how can I do that i login with facebook all the time i didn't register with email and password and if I deactivate it will still show up so please can i get help in deleting it so i won't have to worry about if it still viewable Im not going to use it anymore so i find no use of having my account open

it wont let me verify my phone number

I am unable to verify my phone number to get my code and log in! Deleted the app and now it won't let me redownlaod it without having to rebuy it from iTunes! I was talking to a guy and it made me verify my number but the code wouldn't work so now I can't log in to keep talking to a possible connection cause of this stupid verification. See how that happened I'm post all over my social medica accounts NOT to use this website or app

skout phone number

I downloaded this app and I signed up to get in but every time I open the app it says please fill in and I put in my phone number and it says invalid so I don't know what to do so can you help me email me at [protected]@gmail.com ASAP and let me know something that will help thanks because I really would like to use this app I that I heard bout

• Updated by Tiffany Wilson · Sep 11, 2017

I downloaded this app and I signed up to get in but every time I open the app it says please fill in and I put in my phone number and it says invalid so I don't know what to do so can you help me email me at [email protected] ASAP and let me know something that will help thanks because I really would like to use this app I that I heard bout

I can't login due to the ask of a phone number. I put in my phone number and it says it's a none valied phone number but it obviously is

My email is [protected]@gmail.com and please email me for help. I loved in before with no problem but then I kept going to this screen asking for my phone number. My phone number didn't work for some reason, so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but that just seemed to make it worse because now I can't even log in. The screen said if I got the page by accident, then to contact support.

Andrew Lim 09 Aug 14, 2017

Jimmymm Aug 17, 2017

Same as me

• St
    strishs Aug 19, 2017

Thats my same issue i keep[ putting my number but it keeps telling me that number invalid but my point is we are all making a complaint here so is anyone replying to it or helping us out???

• Tr
    troy Louise Sep 12, 2017

I was a member I put my phone number in and it keeps saying invalid number what to do

I have been blocked.

I have been blocked for no reason. My name is Tanna on the datimg site. My email is [protected]@icloud.com. I think somebody turned me in falsely because I had them deleted from the site. There are a lot of scammers on the site and I turned them in. I've been on the site for almost 2 months with no complaints. Then all the sudden I get blocked. If you think about it that makes no sense. I really enjoy SKOUT and would like to be unblocked.
Could you please check into this matter?
Thanks,
Tanna

• Na
    Naureen gonz Aug 26, 2017

I havd been blocked without reason pleas unblock me soon iz pozzible

MAXIMO DE LA CRUZ Jan 18, 2018

i have been Block wthout reason, please check my acount..., please send me information.. MAXIMO DE LA CRUZ

• Ce
    cece12345 Feb 23, 2018

@MAXIMO DE LA CRUZ I have been blocked from Skout through email I do not know why I did nothing wrong can you please help me out everytime I try to login or sign-in it says your email has been blocked and I cannot get in any way shape or form can someone please get back to me on the situation because I truly enjoyed being on Skout my phone number is area code 210 693 6268 and my name is Cecilia Penix like I said every time I try to login or sign-in it says your email is blocked and my email is [email protected] I've done nothing wrong at all but I believe my ex-boyfriend hacked into my phone and got my email address or did something cuz he's very good with phones he's very computer savvy and I believe he blocked me because he is a very jealous person and did not like me talking to other people and making friends can somebody please call me or email me and help me to get my email unblocked please I truly enjoyed being on Skout it's actually my favorite dating site and me and my ex are not together anymore because he's a very bad person that does very bad things to me and I really enjoyed meeting other people and having new friends can somebody please hear me and reply back to me and help me get back on Skout because everytime I try to get back in it says your email is blocked and I even made another email to see if it would work and it didn't work either a kiss keeps telling me that my email has been blocked please call me as soon as possible I live at 839 Braeburn San Antonio Texas 78264 thank you very much and please reply back today this is an emergency because it was illegal what he did and he's denying what he did but I know he did it because he's a very deceitful lying person that's been cheating on me for 2 years and it's just a long story I shouldn't be saying all of this but please have the legal department to unblock my email please thank you from Cecilia Penix.

• Ce
    cece12345 Feb 23, 2018

@cece12345 I left the legal department Skout a long message of my of me trying to sign in or or log into my account and it says my email has been blocked can somebody tell me how long it takes for the legal department or somebody from the Skout Network to get back to me and help me get my email unblocked so I can get back on Skout because I did nothing wrong and I know for a fact it was my ex-boyfriend that did it because he's a sociopath and he told me he was and he's very jealous and he never like me talking to other guys but yet he cheated on me for 2 years he's a very bad person and I just want to get back on Skout and I don't know how long it takes for me to get a reply from the corporation can somebody please help me out and let me know how long it takes to get back to me so I can get unblocked for my email thank you very much Cecilia penix.

MAXIMO DE LA CRUZ Jan 21, 2018

I have been blocked from Skout without reason, when my account been back, please...Maximo De La Cruz

MAXIMO DE LA CRUZ Jan 27, 2018