Having problems with EliteSingles?

EliteSingles reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 28, 2009. The latest review Unable to cancel subscription was posted on Apr 16, 2021. The latest complaint Elite Singles Dating was resolved on Mar 11, 2021. EliteSingles has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 62 reviews. EliteSingles has resolved 3 complaints.

EliteSingles Customer Service Contacts

Kohlfurter Strasse 41/43
Berlin
Germany - 10999

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with EliteSingles Customer Service. Initial EliteSingles complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for EliteSingles above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about EliteSingles. Discuss the issues you have had with EliteSingles and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

EliteSingles Complaints & Reviews

EliteSinglesUnable to cancel subscription

Unable to cancel subscription from the app.

Finally found the page when I logged in online to my account (it's page after page) and it summarises the renewal as monthly but they charged me 6months worth.
I was too late cancelling, it had to be >24 hours before but I only got notification payment was going out 3hours before.

There is no in app notifications and no way to easily do this from the app.
This is a terrible app and it designed to catch people out without providing much of a service or a decently written app.
(Multiple glitches)

Unable to cancel subscription

EliteSinglesElite Singles Dating

I cancelled my Auto Renewal via Paypal last year (coz I knew this would happen) just after I sent my first 6 month trial membership payment. Haven't used the site for over a month. Now they have sent a threatening debt collecting email for me pay pay them £144 for renewal. I explained that I have removed my profile and don't require the service anymore and they are saying I didn't give them 7 days notice! I explained that I only signed up for 6mths and cancelled the auto renewal months ago and they say I am still liable for the money! So much for love, this is a con! Here's their email:

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

As there was no cancellation request made at least 7 days before the renewal of your Premium membership, your subscription automatically renewed for a further term on 28.02.2021.

Unfortunately, we were unable to debit the subscription renewal fee. When a second debit attempt failed, an email reminder was automatically sent to your registered email address on 28.02.2021.

We inform our members of the automatic renewal on the payment page when the subscription is initially purchased and in the payment confirmation email that is sent to you shortly thereafter. It is also stated clearly in our Terms and Conditions.

While the deletion of your profile does not exempt you from your obligation to settle the outstanding payment, we will be happy to transfer the remainder of your subscription to a new account once the outstanding payment has been settled.

We kindly invite you to settle the outstanding amount via bank transfer as soon as possible. Please use the following details:

Account Name: Spark Networks Services GmbH
    Bank: Deutsche Bank
    Account Number: [protected] (GBP)
    Sort code: 23-10-48
    IBAN: GB70DEUT40508126636800
    SWIFT: DEUTGB2L
    Payment Reason: 6992678 (your Secure Code)
    We thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if you have any further questions,

Have a great day!

Best wishes,

Lola Kutty
    Customer Care EliteSingles

RESOLVED

Elite Singles waived the charges

EliteSinglesUnauthorised credot

3 months ago, I paid a fee for 3 months membership. Yesterday I received an email saying I have extended for another 3 months which is untrue. They have illegally taken money off my credit card. I emailed a few times yesterday requesting my money back and close my account, but all the emails seem to have fallen into black hole. This is fraud, please return my money!

Elite Singlescomplaint

7 days ago, I paid a large sum of money to join a 3 month subscription to their services. For 5 hours, I could access all features of their website. It then suddenly stopped working, acting as if I had not paid the fee to use all their services. I emailed explaining my situation and they accused me of having never paid the fee. I then sent a screenshot from my bank statement showing I HAD paid. I was then told ‘the account name of ours that you paid on the website had a typo' with no apology. Since then, I have received unhelpful emails asking ‘can we use a different email address to change your profile?' which doesn't even make sense. I keep asking them to fix the problem since I paid for a service, and all I get is the above response about my email address. I'm starting to get the feeling that it a scam website where they convince customers to pay a fee for a service that is invalid. Highly disappointed at their response.

EliteSinglesrefund

Hi,
          I have cancelled my one year account once I bought the account in elitsingles. Based on the rules in this website, payment will be refunded if you ask for refund within 3 days of registering. I have emailed the costumer service and asked for the refund. They told it will be refunded within one week. However, it is more than a month they didn't pay my money back and even they don't answer my email anymore.
          Regards,
          Terry

• Fr
              friends or dating Sep 08, 2020

Relationships are always confusing especially when it comes to finding the right partner. Often we are confused between friend zone or dating zone . And that's how the term friendzoned originated. But what if I tell you that there is a website which allows you to both make friends or to find a date.
              Yes, Friends or Dating is the right place to meet new people. Not only this you also get rewards with their weekly contest.

EliteSinglesunauthorised subscription renewal

I cancelled my account well before my three month subscription ended (in July this year). Now I'm told that even though my account was deleted I didn't cancel my automatic renewal.

Now I'm being chased for a debt I supposedly owe for a service I couldn't use as my account was closed. There is no logic in this. How can you charge customers in good faith when they can't use the service you are charging them for??? Additionally there was no warning when I cancelled the account to cancel your automatic subscription. When you search ‘how to cancel your account' there is no mention of automatic subscriptions. I find this intentionally misleading and ridiculous.

I would have considered resigning up my account in the future - but if this is the way you are treated I definitely won't be.

EliteSinglesunauthorized credit card charge

I had a membership with EliteSingles, and I cancelled my membership last year. The membership ended in September. Now EliteSingles has taken a $167 out of my bank account for a premium membership, when the membership was cancelled.They refused to give me my money back. I emailed them, and told them that my membership was cancelled, and they responded with, because the automatic renewal was not cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of your subscription term, we regret this was unexpected, but the automatic renewal was not switched off. Please email me back at [protected]@yahoo.com

EliteSinglesunauthorised billing

I cancelled subscription because I am pregnant only to be shocked by a further 200 dollars, being charged twice for a service that I didn't want and was not receiving. I have not had premium membership for months now as the photos and messages were inactivated. I want a refund of my money as these payments were unauthorised your company is unethical. I will be telling everyone to not use your service as much as I can as you seem to be a bunch of scammers.

EliteSinglesunauthorized credit card charges

I want to know why i was charged £131.70 on 27th August when i cancelled my subscription within a few days well before the allocated 14 days to change your mind ?
                  I cannot remember the exact date i subscribed but i am sure your records will reflect this.
                  I misunderstood the subscription charges and was not prepared to pay that much each month, also one of the first people i spoke to was very rude to me and it put me off the site.
                  I would be very gratefull if you promptly give me a refund.

EliteSingles6 month subscription

Tried to stop my next payment going out for a renewal of my 6 month subscription two days before it ended. Only to be informed that I needed to do this 7 days before. This was not made clear when I signed up. There was no communication stating that I needed to cancel imminently. This has resulted in £120 being put on my credit card. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement, I want to cancel my subscription and ensure the money is not taken. Can you help?

Eliteharassment

Please see attachment from a guy that just contacted me with a message through the EliteSingles site. I have never received such a brutal message from anyone and he must be removed from your site ASAP. He has threatened me in the message saying how sexy I look in my pics but if I "F" with him or his kids he would kick the living [censored] outta me! I am appalled at this type of behavior and that someone who is supposed to be a professional using this language and threatening me to find a soulmate! Absolutely disgusting! I would appreciate that you one contact this person and delete his account so he doesn't harass another woman as he has done with me. I did not nor will I respond to this person.

harassment
                      harassment

• Updated by CAD68 · Jul 24, 2019

Please see attachment

EliteSinglesracist commercial

Look at your commercial it's racist. There is only white people in it and I guess to you they are the only ones "highly educated" so black people not " highly educated". Your racist and your company is racist so if you don't remove it from television in the US, I will go to every local news media and have them make an example out of you. Take it off the air

EliteSingleseverything

First when making my payment I was asked if it was fraud (should have said yes it was but I thought it was a mistake). Second it took 24 hours to upload pictures and third when they uploaded they only posted head shots! Other people had full body shots and all (probably fake profiles) but mine only head shots which made them blurry and seem fake. I'm contacting my payment provider to decline sending payment to them and I already contacted them saying I wanted a return ASAP. Do not fall for this site.

Apr 04, 2019

EliteSingles — unauthorised money taken from account

They took a full years subscription and advertise it as one month trial only. There is no way to make contact...

EliteSinglesunauthorised money taken from my account.

Joined Elite Singles - 09/03/2019

Todays date - 11/03/2019

I only joined this site on Saturday. I was told it would be a monthly instalment of £13.95, which was incorrect as I have been debited £87.30 from my account!!

I want this refund issued IMMEDIATELY. I have attempted contact several time via email and I have received nothing back.

I will be contacting my local police if I do not have my money refunded back to me. i have also already contacted my bank - they are aware of this matter and have informed me that if you do not respond - they will assist me in taking this matter further.

This is theft, and I am furious at the appalling lack of service I have received.

Regards,

Jade Kelsall

EliteSinglestheir dating service full of scam artists

Please do not use this dating website.

Every person that has contacted me has been a scam artist.

this website does not do any due dilligence on checking people who sign up and post profiles.
                              Many of the scammers change city they are from and contact you multiple times.

Luckily I am not a fool, never give out phone numbers or info, but many women have.

Avoid this website.

EliteSinglesYou have renewed my subscription when I cancelled my membership yesterday...

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Paul Went and my email address is paul.[protected]@hotmail.com.

My bank has informed me that you have STOLEN the sum of £143.70 from my bank account as a 6 month renewal to your service which came into effect today.

I duly formally cancelled my subscription to your sevice via the method outlined in the "HELP" section of your site in good time yesterday (Tuesday, 19 February) so believed that was the end of the matter.

If my £143.70 is NOT put back into my account forthwith then I shall have no hesitation in raising a complaint to my local police force stating an allegation of theft against yourselves.

Thabk you.

Sincerely

Paul Went

EliteSingles — refund from elite singles is overdue. not honoring elite policy

Hello there ELITE SINGLES Customer Care Since November 17, 2018 I have been requesting you to cancel my...

EliteSinglesfailure to cancel subscription

I want to cancel my subscription, have done so following guidance on our website 4 weeks ago and yet I am still getting notifications and my account is live. This is unacceptable and I do not authorise these payments.
                                  I want somebody to contact me and to CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION
                                  [protected]@loungers.co

It is simply not good enough that there is no telephone number for customer care and in effect unauthorised payments are being taken with no acknowledgement of the instruction to cancel which I sent via the website weeks ago.
                                  They also talk about a refund form which can be found on their help page but the page doesnt exist.

EliteSingles — subscription issue

I tried logging in at 6:30pm (Berlin time), and it would not accept my credentials. So I thought I forgot my...